Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Other Requests

SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
edited January 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I took the latest Sims survey earlier, and I'm kinda hopeful that some good changes will be coming eventually. I'm not too concerned about cars, open world, create a style, etc.,(NOT mentioned in the survey, but things other players have been wanting) but there are a few things I'd like to see added/changed. @SimGuruFrost

-More hair colors. I'd like a brown in-between what we have now, as well as a strawberry blonde, a more blueish purple(periwinkle/lavender, while keeping the pinky purple we have.) and blonde/red that is turning grey. I honestly wouldn't mind it taking a few patches to update all the hairstyles with the different colors. Also, the unnatural colors for young ages!

-More eye colors. In particular, I'd like a dark blue and dark grey. We have a great selection for the rest of the typical colors, but I feel those are missing.

-Voidcritters being tweaked to allow older Sims to use them. My Simself needs to be as big a nerd as I am!

-More graphic tees! We have a couple base game ones.... But they're really not exactly what I'm looking for.

-More color swatches for clothes/objects! Primarily base game could use a update on appearance (base game windows and fences especially).

-Baby onesie swatches. Since the game considers babies an object rather than an actual Sim, maybe add some different baby clothes swatches?

Feel free to add your own requests!
Story_Banner.png
Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)

Comments

• NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    There are so many things I would love in this game that sometimes I forget most of them when I'm asked. Aside from the major overhaul of personalities, here are some things:

I would like it if we could control the streaks in a Sim's hair. Like for example, a man who is going grey but it's only showing grey streaks on either side of his head, rather than the current greying hairs we have that go all over.

New activities (especially activities that are not tied to a cellphone, tv, or computer). Like anything else, please. If it gets my Sim outside, or if it's an indoor activity I literally do not care I just want more activities that aren't screen based. Now with that being said, I also want more arcade games (because I want to build an arcade so that's a very specific want).

More active careers and more active school based activities.

A vast expansion of the Off the Grid traits.

A way to change world names.

Neighborhood traits rather than lot traits.

More styles of dancing.

More instruments.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    The survey nailed pretty much everything I've been wishing for, although in an ideal world, every single Expansion and Game Pack would get updated/polished, I think there's something in each pack that could be modified or improved, but honestly updating any pack would make me happy, considering I never thought that would be a potential possibility until this survey.

One thing I am wishing for that wasn't mentioned in the survey is a collections feature like Sims 3 has, I just want a way to organize my favourite CAS and BB items into categories that make it easier for me to find.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    The survey nailed pretty much everything I've been wishing for, although in an ideal world, every single Expansion and Game Pack would get updated/polished, I think there's something in each pack that could be modified or improved, but honestly updating any pack would make me happy, considering I never thought that would be a potential possibility until this survey.

One thing I am wishing for that wasn't mentioned in the survey is a collections feature like Sims 3 has, I just want a way to organize my favourite CAS and BB items into categories that make it easier for me to find.

I wonder what they will do if they see that the responses for revisiting packs is all over the board.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I asked for more hair colours as well, and for the unnatural ones to be enabled in genetics so kids and toddlers can have them. I also said I wanted more traits and aspirations, and a chemistry system like we had in Sims 2.

Some things I forgot to mention in the survey were layered outfits and improved whims.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited January 2020
    There are so many things I would love in this game that sometimes I forget most of them when I'm asked. Aside from the major overhaul of personalities, here are some things:

I would like it if we could control the streaks in a Sim's hair. Like for example, a man who is going grey but it's only showing grey streaks on either side of his head, rather than the current greying hairs we have that go all over.

New activities (especially activities that are not tied to a cellphone, tv, or computer). Like anything else, please. If it gets my Sim outside, or if it's an indoor activity I literally do not care I just want more activities that aren't screen based. Now with that being said, I also want more arcade games (because I want to build an arcade so that's a very specific want).

More active careers and more active school based activities.

A vast expansion of the Off the Grid traits.

A way to change world names.

Neighborhood traits rather than lot traits.

More styles of dancing.

More instruments.

World names! I've been wanting that since I first opened the game. It was literally the first thing I looked for and tried to do when I tried the game! Oh I was disappointed... I totally forgot I wanted that though, now after seeing all the other things I'd wanted and felt missing and were a little more important. I would like to change them though sometimes, that would be a nice feature. Thanks for reminding me. ;)

I know they said that they can't do the colour wheel for everything, but Cats and Dogs proves they can do it for some things and I'd like to see it come back to CAS and let us hair, skin and eye colours with it. Let the colours we pick be genetic too so if blue haired alien has a child, they can have blue hair like their parent.

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    I mostly want the game to generate better sims. The way the game generates sims and picks their clothing could really use some work. What I really would have liked is if they could add outfits as a list and let the game pick between them. No longer odd accessories and colors matched together. And I don't think it would be too difficult to add an outfit list to the game.

There should be an option in the game to disable situational outfits as well.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I mostly want the game to generate better sims. The way the game generates sims and picks their clothing could really use some work. What I really would have liked is if they could add outfits as a list and let the game pick between them. No longer odd accessories and colors matched together. And I don't think it would be too difficult to add an outfit list to the game.

There should be an option in the game to disable situational outfits as well.

I would much prefer if the sims I made wore the party outfits I chose for them for this purpose. They barely get any use as is, (I don't throw any parties, my sims are lame, haha) and this would give them more of a reason to wear them. I hate that situational outfits have zero rhyme or reason to them, it's just grab a random everything from top to bottom and pile on every accessory the sim has room for. I still don't understand why it was felt that we needed a mechanic like that ever.

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    One of the things I asked for in the Create a sim question was a color wheel for hairstyles. Honestly I think it's unlikely that we'll get a color wheel for clothes and objects, but a color wheel for hair seems very possible to me. I mean, we have color wheel for cats and dogs fur, so it's certainly not that hard.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    As this topics goes better in the feedback section, I've moved it - keep it coming! :)
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    edited January 2020
    another request that was not on the poll toggles to turn off vampires and ghost if players do not went them in certain save as well as more retro content from 1950,1960,1970,1980,1990,2000 to current year 2020 like clothes hairstyle furniture appliances washers and dryer (topload and front load since) retro front load washers and dryers exist wringer washers if players went to create amish sims or elder sims that prefer more retro content (exemple) here are a few pic of retro washers and dryers as reference

05JafND.png

cj3oCAT.jpg

f1WwZC3.jpg

4Qb13CP.jpg

7Me6k8L.jpg

yWchmaL.jpg(1954 style kitchen cabinets)

UzqNyJP.jpg (1954 laundryroom cabinets)

wringer washer

WC1SGo5.jpg

edit adding pics of retro style fronload washer dryer set

EPUAoN1.jpg

hrnHx6F.jpg
    Post edited by friendlysimmers on
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I asked for more hair colours as well, and for the unnatural ones to be enabled in genetics so kids and toddlers can have them. I also said I wanted more traits and aspirations, and a chemistry system like we had in Sims 2.

Some things I forgot to mention in the survey were layered outfits and improved whims.

I completely forgot about unnatural hair colors being available for children. That is definitely something I have been waiting for awhile. I'd also like it if they made freckles and moles that were able to be passed on from parent to child as well.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member

I completely forgot about unnatural hair colors being available for children. That is definitely something I have been waiting for awhile. I'd also like it if they made freckles and moles that were able to be passed on from parent to child as well.

I think I did remember to mention freckles and moles.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    We all want a lot of things. But I'm just going to bed for wearwolves and zombies🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

And for sims to be to able to sit where they want. Relax on the floor and tv or to have a picnic l. Sit on tables, counters and fences if they want also.

But I'll be happy with the wearwolves and zombies🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    If they could completely redo the way personalities work in the game and add memories, fears, and a chemistry system id be so much happier
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    I just thought of another one! I'd like my sims to be able to work both shifts at the same part time job if they want to.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)