Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Discover University Did You Know Thread

Comments

• SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    edited November 2019
    A few scholarship items: first, my Sim applied for and received three scholarships but had a fourth, additional, “merit” scholarship awarded when she enrolled. Guessing this is automatically added because she was an A student rather than being applied for.

Second, she had options for both the athletic and esports scholarships; she applied for esports but then lost the option for the athletic one. She got the scholarship and when she went to Uni she was automatically added to the esports team. I presume she’d have been added to to the soccer team if she’d gotten the athletic scholarship since she can’t do both teams.

Lastly, she got a moodlet for getting a full ride which is awesome but also a little funny because her household could have afforded tuition easily. 🤣
  • Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    _starfrog wrote: »
    pro tip! when your sim first arrives at university, you do need to head to that local kiosk right away.

your sim won't be able to do any homework without buying a "university homework" book from that kiosk. you won't be able to access it through a regular bookcase, and it is not automatically provided.

after the homework book is bought, your sim can stick it in their inventory for all safe keeping. or use that ICYA chest!

this information is very likely available somewhere in the game, or something i missed when i was first accepted into the university... but, i was v confused on how to find my sim's university homework notebook - assuming it might show up in their inventory as the homework books for child school and high school homework do.

alas, they don't. so, i hope this is helpful to y'all! it wasn't obvious to me.

Mine was already in her invontery when she accepted her place at college.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Caught in the act this time >:( DEFACING THE FOXBURY STATUE WITH KNITTING HOW DARE.
    dqvp8wD.png

Yeah, they definitely come in the middle of the night to prank the statue from a rival school. Also, if you happen to be there and catch them in the act (or anyone else) the prank will pretty much fail and they get a embarrassed moodlet as well as the statue being spared. (this time)

I like that they actually show a knitting animation for this too as well.
    5vJrxmT.png
    I noticed on the weekends when there aren't classes your roomates will tend to just sleep in. It'a almost 11AM and two out of the three of my sims roomates are still sleeping. They're usually up between 5am and 7.
    5vJrxmT.png
    edited November 2019
    Your sim hurting for money, but just no time to have a job among all the homework and classes? If your sim happens to finish off a empty cup from a juice keg or just do a good simaritan in cleaning up the cups. You can sell them for 5 simoleons if you're hurting for cash. XD My sim was.

ALSO, if your sim is getting a free ride through scholarships come next term you'll certainly get that money, which is great as my sim only had 45 and upon signing up for more classes I got the money for merit.
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • CapitolSimmerCapitolSimmer Posts: 18 Member
    I discovered that the pet training skill is actually part of the possible scholarships that you can earn. i didn't really expect THIS to be a skill for scholarships at all
  • Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    Some more things I've discovered, multiple sims can play juice pong at the same time and even play as teammates.

Your sim will probably autonomously get into a fight with the opposing school's mascot.

Each school has it's own special events that your sim can attend (not rabbit hole) my sim went to the Tea and Society Poetry reading at the UBrite Commons and listened to some poetry with a cup of coffee. She also participated in the outdoor debate guild in the quad.

Sims can get paid for tutoring.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I discovered that the pet training skill is actually part of the possible scholarships that you can earn. i didn't really expect THIS to be a skill for scholarships at all

I am pretty sure every single skill can be a scholarship! I love that attention to detail. Hopefully any future skills added in packs will be added to this and added to class electives. My DID YOU KNOW is that, depending on what class you're doing homework for, you will gain skill for whatever that class is about. For example, my sim had a violin class and while working on homework for that class was gaining violin skill! :)
  • faeriedustefaerieduste Posts: 44 Member
    I found out that Servos can flirt with electronics.
    Origin ID: faerieduste
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited November 2019
    Did you know your roommates leave little notes around for you to pick up? Its kinda like the notice board in City Living.

Did you know your roommates invite friends, boyfriends, girlfriends etc. over to visit sometimes? One of my Sim's friends is Vlad haha.
    Post edited by ParmaViolet87 on
    giphy.gif
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Did you know that while you're waiting on your application you can click on the computer or mailbox and can make a 'donation' of sorts to the university to better your chances. If you know what I mean *winkwink*

qsKK8Fm.png?1

My sim was too broke to bribe the university tho. :(

(^▽^) ᒪOᒪ
    rnKEhBT.png
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    Did you know your roommates leave little notes around for you to pick up? Its kinda like the notice board in City Living.

Did you know your roommates invite friends, boyfriends, girlfriends etc. over to visit sometimes? One of my Sim's roommates is Vlad haha.

(^▽^) ᒪOᒪ I love Vlad!!
    rnKEhBT.png
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    edited November 2019
    Teens and up can sit in on skill classes at any of the two Universities. But at $250 per attendance leveling the skill naturally or buying the skill book are the better choices.
  • ksimmiesksimmies Posts: 77 Member
    When sims graduate, they come out from the rabbit hole and throw their caps in the air.
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    If you have Get to Work, Servos can get sick and take medicine! :D
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,416 Member
    When your sim is a teen and getting close to becoming a young adult, they will get a popup telling them they should start thinking about university by researching the two schools.
    edited November 2019
    Your sim can be on academic probation if their grades tank too hard. Meaning you gotta get them up if you plan on staying plus you end up losing your scholarships.

Once your sim graduates they'll get their graduation photo and diploma (which you can change the frame color on your photo and even put it on a surface if you want). You can even talk to other sims (and your pets apparently haha) about your academic achievements. Could be a positive or negative buff, my sim got a embarrassed one as well as a negative decrease in her roommates relationship. :( She just wanted to talk about how she graduated....
    5vJrxmT.png
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    When you have Get Famous your sim can gain fame with shower woohoo. My sim was in the 4-bedroom dorm in UBrite and when I clicked on the shower the +FAME was behind the 2 shower woohoo options :sweat_smile:
  • Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    You can create your own sororities/fraternities by adjusting the "university housing configuration" settings in build mode
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    edited November 2019
    NPC cyclists appear in other worlds. My Scare Bears club arrived for a gathering at Desert Bloom, Oasis Springs on bikes...in their bear costumes!
    Post edited by calaprfy on