Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited October 2019
    I am hoping to get to start commenting on everybody's stories now. I've been reading them and they are all so great!

I just wanted to tie up the discussion about mental illness etc before getting started on the updates. Again, I hope I didn't miss anybody. You've all been so supportive and helpful, and that means a lot to me.

Once again, these comments may have very strange words in it because I have been talking into my phone in order to write this. I will try to edit it but it is already 4:40 in the morning here, so I make no promises LOL

@SiliClone

Dang! It sounds like you have it rough too. The self medicating problems are very difficult to deal with. And personally I always wonder why those people can't try actual medicine for a while.

Generally it works better and doesn't cause enormous problems like drugs and alcohol do.

Also, I was actually referring to the times that my husband is sober. That's when he's so funny and charming.

Not so much when he's been drinking ....

It sounds like your mom doesn't have a time that she's not drinking. I'm sorry that she's the way she is.

@ryttu3k

Thank you for your concern and well wishes. I agree with you about coping skills for things like ADHD and anxiety. There are so many options as far as ways to do it, and they can vary widely so they can help the individual person the best.

My son has tried DBT, but he's got an issue with black and white thinking that is making any sort of therapy extremely difficult. Somebody else had just mentioned CBT to me in a private message, apparently it has ways of dealing with that kind of thinking, and if I could get him to see the shades of grey, I think he could begin to recover.

Luckily he's also losing weight quickly, so some of his other problems will go away as he loses more weight.

I talked to him about writing, because he is a pretty good writer. But he is so far down in the depths of depression that the things he writes are not good for him to think about. So I don't know if it's a good option for him now. It seems to me that the things he writes would make him feel worse and not better. I could be wrong, perhaps it is therapeutic, but he ruminates on things a great deal, and I think that if he writes something down, it's going to stay with him for a long time, so I don't encourage it at this point. 😔

I'm not just pulling that out of the air and stating it as fact. It is actually part of DBT philosophy. When someone with severe depression begins to talk about how much they want to kill themselves, and how pointless it is to be alive, it is important to steer the conversation away from it immediately. Because the more that they say it out loud the more that it creates the neural connections that will make them think of suicide even more often.

His writings are so full of suicide that they are terrifying to read.

@Simmelina1

Thank you for the continuing well wishes for myself and my family. 😊

@Daephene

Thanks so much for all the information and encouragement. It's surprising to hear about other people who have psychotic depression. Before my son was diagnosed with it, I'd never heard of it before.

That's really yucky that your husband is stuck in that catch-22. It's so difficult to find your way out of them 😔.

We felt like that for so long. It was hard to decide what to work on with my son the most. The weight gain and back pain has him homebound, but without medication to stop the hallucinations, his depression gets so much worse. Listening to those "people" tell you that you're useless and should kill yourself, tends to make you more depressed.

We finally exhausted our options for antipsychotics, because we'd be promised over and over that this "new" one wouldn't cause the hormonal problems that caused the rapid weight gain. But over and over again, they were wrong.

So, that made the decision for us. We'd have to work on weight and pain first, and he'd have to live with the voices.

My son plays various video games, so idk if I could pin it down. He loves old time fantasy things like Skyrim and The Witcher, but he loves the "after the apocalypse" game series that have underground vaults (I can't remember the name right now, lol) He plays Madden and the NBA game every year when the new one comes out. He plays Warhammer video games too. They are the ones with the rights to the LOTR merchandise, so he plays those. Like I said, he's all over the board.

My daughter's college experience this year is a little different than last year. I don't know if I could say if it's a good year or not but she is part of a huge National movement and she is the representative of her University for the national board. She's also the secretary of the executive board at her University.

She was given a scholarship over the summer so that she could attend a convention in Houston concerning the issue. They wanted her there because of the work she did at her high School concerning the national movement, but we could not afford to send her so they paid for her trip.

She's already done one speaking engagement and she is lined up to do another one in a couple of weeks.

She did finally get around to setting up ADHD accommodations the second semester last year, so now she has the ability to record lectures and to take tests in a quiet room. The professors are all notified that they have a student in class who has ADHD, and that they need to modify things for her if necessary.

All of that is good news, but it is far from the life she had last year which was all fun and games. Plus she ended up getting an apartment with three girls she did not know, because several of her friends were not able to come back to the university this year, and she is not all that impressed with the other girls.

I also think she's having boy trouble, but she brings that on herself, so I won't comment on that here. LOL

It is very difficult to get some people to go and get the psychological help that they need. I wish there was a way to fix that, but the stigma of mental illness is still very strong, and it is difficult to make some people get over that.

That is part of the reason that I post about Lawrence as I do. One of the things that the mental health community is asking us to do is help to reduce that stigma. I think that Lawrence is very lovable, and as such he makes a good example of how a wonderful person can still be plagued with mental illness.

Sometimes it is easy to have the time and energy to reply here because I spend so much time sitting in my son's room. There really isn't much else to do in there. But when I am overtired I can't do it, and when I'm babysitting I can't do it. And when I'm busy with things like cleaning 15 years of junk out of my basement I don't actually have time to do it. 😉 But I really do enjoy it, and try to keep up as much as possible.

@March306

Goodness! I hope that you always take your medicine. And I'm very glad that it helps you 😊

I agree with you, when people don't understand mental illness it's really frustrating. And very unhelpful when they say the wrong thing.

Thanks for the kind words and prayers.

@Steamvarius

Thank you! I'm glad to hear that you think the ADHD medication works well. My daughter is like two different people when she does and when she doesn't take it. I'm glad that medicine exists now. I went to school with a lot of people that could have really been helped if they had it way back then.

I'm not really familiar with Dyspraxia. I just looked it up, and it sounds frustrating. I also saw that Daniel Radcliff has it. I hope it doesn't cause you to have too many problems. ❤️

@TheLastStar

Wow, it sounds like you really have a lot to deal with also. It has to be very difficult to deal with parents that are using drugs. I'm just reading into your words and thinking that they will not get professional help for their manic depression, and perhaps they are self-medicating?

I wonder if you are taking the same medication for anxiety that my daughter is? I'm glad to hear it is helping you. It helps my daughter pretty well, but she still has the anxiety attacks when things get really bad. She needs the medication for regular day to day fears, mostly about people not liking her, because she's had so many problems like that in her past.

The condition that you described sounds terrible. Isn't it strange how things like that work out though? If your orthodontist hadn't sent you to get the x-rays it probably wouldn't have been caught until it was much bigger. Although for you that doesn't seem to have mattered, because it sounds like some major catastrophe happened during your surgery! It is kind of cool that you are a case study and in a medical journal though 😉

I believe that you are right about the people who admire a person who speaks their mind. Like I said, I think that's why adults like her so much. It doesn't work out well with kids her own age though.

Here's an amazing example of something that came out of her mouth. When she was 15 I took her and a couple of her friends to Chicago so that they could try to meet some famous YouTubers. The girls stood around outside the hotel that the YouTubers were staying in, and they did get to meet a lot of them. When they all got in the car to come home they were talking about how much fun it was and looking at their pictures etc.

She asked them if a certain band had followed them on Twitter, because they had followed her. Both of the other girls said that they had not, and my daughter said "Oh, I guess they only follow hot girls." Omg, if I could have sunk through the floor I would have, 😅 and she had absolutely no idea that she had said it. To be fair, she is ridiculously pretty. And I can say that without bragging because she's adopted LOL.

Thank you for the well wishes, and I send them back to you. It sounds like you and your family need some good luck too.

Post edited by AlwaysAsking on
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    was doing some building for the one week one room one theme thread and came across this house when i was looking for inspiration images of the Jetson's cartoon. This house is nothing like the Jetsons but seemed like a fun thing to create in the sims.

In the spoiler:
    rSmnHK5.jpg?1
    SWo7v3S.jpg?1

It is quite challenging but I am enjoying building it. And had to create the Jetsons to test it and live in the finished product.

This is the rough beginning of the outsides - the columns on the corners will be going. Zero landscaping has been done.
    nXaEHUR.png?1

Jane was very tired - how? You have just been made! And didn't want to pose for me.
    lJFjIKh.png?1
    urmXgyH.png?1
    Elroy also found being created was exhausting.
    7rjS9EL.png?1
    But then he got up and did homework! (he needs to come and give my drifter children homework autonomy lessons.)
    NX9bprc.png?1
    Astro developed an unhealthy interest in the dishwasher (now I will have to add dog equipment to the house!)
    xQbkRy7.png?1
    Judy (and George) just wanted to watch TV.
    1E0eIan.png?1
    The unfinished rooms looked quite atmospheric.
    MYnFodR.png?1

@siliclone I forgot about Wolfgang and Leslie - I love the quirky nature of their romance and infected vampires are the funniest thing.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    @DoodlyDoofus I always feel lowkey bad when I evict someone... then I get caught up in the excitement of new real estate and it passes ;)

@SiliClone is your Ten up on the Gallery? I need some more aliens to counter all the spellcasters and vampires I'm accumulating! Also, Wolfgang's umbrella is everything. Oh my, infected again!

@AlwaysAsking that's understandable. I'm sorry you're all going through such a rough time, and I hope you're able to find something that helps.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    ryttu3k wrote: »
    @DoodlyDoofus I always feel lowkey bad when I evict someone... then I get caught up in the excitement of new real estate and it passes ;)

Not me, as far as I'm concerned those lots are for my sims to use.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Dust_Bunny2010Dust_Bunny2010 Posts: 163 Member
    I'm sicker than last time and haven't been in the mood to play or even browse the forums. I want to hug my toilet, puke, and drink a lot of painkillers and sleeping pills, but I feel just a little better now so I'll go skim through everything from my last post and reply on any tags and interesting posts as best as I could before I pass out again.

@AngeliqueAdelaide
    Thank you, and as much as Don is an interesting sim, I rather see the bees sting him where the sun don't shine. :D I'm a little bewildered he hasn't touched Bella or the Calientes yet, considering their history...

@Simmelina1
    Your tree looks extensive! Have you tried the plum tree app? Those eyelashes!

@sarabeth2984
    Your sims are naturally likable. Unfortunately I've never read the source material, or heard of it until just now, but the way you spin the characters makes me curious. Yes, Dino, whyyy? I wanna punch 'im. Next time try a Caleb-ception, or Makoa-ception. :p All the good looking men-ception.

@SiliClone
    Time for Morgyn to propose, and is that the peeping tom? Oh boy, infected couple in a vampire world, this is gonna be good! :D

@AlwaysAsking
    You have a very lovely family, regardless of difficulties. They sound absolutely charming, and are very lucky to have them through it all. I hope blessings come your way soon during the darker times, and for what it's worth, your pictures are also pretty.

@Steamvarius
    Harvestfest, and no gnomes showed up?

@Jase
    Thank you! I like your sims. It seems like Harvestfest must be a big deal for them because, you know, veggies. I am also learning of new food I didn't know existed.

@Daephene
    I have, maybe I should start a thread there too, when I've refined my storytelling some more. As it is I'm still in a funk.

@March306
    Thank you! I like yours too. Remember to pay your pupper tax!

@TheLastStar
    Emilia looks pretty, and a whole lot younger! Darrel though...that nose. It's almost as bad as Vlad's.

@Becka28
    I haven't watched that in years! Try the Flintstones next.
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    @Dust_Bunny2010, page 466.
    Nope. The family doesn't want to deal with those gnomes. Decorating, having a grand meal and a thankful spirit is all they need.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Right, update time. Recently, Roddy visited Carol and Dudley Brinson's new home:
    10-05-19_7-34-37%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Roddy went upstairs, and had a cuddle with Carol:
    10-05-19_7-52-06%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Carol then gave Roddy several big smooches on his face:
    10-05-19_8-52-24%25C2%25A0PM.png
    10-05-19_8-52-35%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Roddy went bright red and giggled. Carol had covered his face in big, bright, shiny pink lipstick smooches:
    10-05-19_8-59-34%25C2%25A0PM.png
    'Thanks for inviting me round to your new house!' Roddy said, still blushing, but smiling brightly. 'Aww, you're welcome, dearie! I liked your dress!' Carol said, smiling sweetly and batting her eyelashes. Roddy smiled cheerfully. He then got out a makeup removal wipe and removed the lipstick smooches from his face. Carol then gave Roddy a big hug:
    10-05-19_9-07-42%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Roddy said goodbye to her. It was home time for him after all:
    10-05-19_9-08-43%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Later on, Benjamin, Wendy, Tiffany, Roddy, Sophia and Hamish went over to Sulani. Roddy called over his albino dolphin friend and gave the aquatic mammal a treat:
    10-05-19_9-30-04%25C2%25A0PM.png
    10-05-19_9-30-08%25C2%25A0PM.png
    10-05-19_9-30-10%25C2%25A0PM.png
    10-05-19_9-30-11%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Later, Wendy and Roddy had fun at one of the beaches:
    10-05-19_9-47-18%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Roddy then saw Grandaunt Berry Bliss, who saw him! 'Hello there, my adorable grandnephew! How are you?' Berry asked, smiling. 'I'm doing fine. I went to Carol and Dudley Brinson's new house!' Roddy replied cheerfully. 'I'm glad you had fun!' Berry smiled. She gave Roddy a big hug:
    10-05-19_9-52-18%25C2%25A0PM.png
    And then Berry Bliss gave Roddy several big smooches on his face:
    10-05-19_9-59-02%25C2%25A0PM.png
    10-05-19_9-59-18%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Roddy went bright red again. Berry had covered his face in big shiny berry coloured lipstick smooches:
    10-05-19_10-00-06%25C2%25A0PM.png
    'That's the second time today' Roddy said, giggling. He then got out a makeup removal wipe and removed the lipstick smooches from his face:
    10-05-19_10-02-24%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Afterwards, Benjamin, Wendy, Tiffany, Roddy, Sophia and Hamish went home.

If you're wondering why Carol Brinson is sparkling, she went into full parent mode. And for those who are wondering who that was in the background in Sulani, that was Alika Kahananui...
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Simmelina1Simmelina1 Posts: 2,626 Member
    @Daephene Decided to wait untilt Brandon & Clinton are young adults, before I make any changes in CAS.
    @Dust_Bunny2010 I used Plumtree once a couple of years ago. Like familyecho.

48887358388_50f6ab0b14_c.jpg
    Clinton, Brandon & Adam playing basket ball.

Bheeda Kibo
    48892543882_e7261e6ab3_c.jpg
    Jesminder Bheeda & Akira Kibo married last weekend.

48892543842_c4e6aaf71e_c.jpg
    Giselle dislike to live together with her mum and stepdad Akira. Akira brought 3 children from his first marriage into the family. Giselle can't wait to become a teenager and move out of the house. She doesn't want to move into her dads house either. Because there are even more young children there.

48892363901_fa9038340a_c.jpg
    Giselle's last action as a child.

48892363851_8dec896df8_c.jpg
    Bye bye mum! Giselle is on her way out to discover the world.
    Origin id: Simmelina
    simmelina1.wordpress.com
    The life of my sims. Elina & Don.

49992523523_7fe1918650_c.jpg
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    edited August 2020
    @AlwaysAsking thank you!
    The update is adorable! Peter’s little face is always so animated!
    I know, he's such an expressive kid!
    I hope he’s not going to lose those two because he won’t be honest with Steve.
    It can't get that bad, not with Steve's loyalty and patience!.. Or can it? :o *suspense music*

@sarabeth2984 thanks! <3

@Jase thank you! :)

School and work still not letting me play as much as I want, hence the lack of updates. Hopefully next week goes better!

"Peter! Breakfast!"
    dBUQNPQ.jpg

"Coming Pa..."
    rbgmzUs.jpg

Xf6IY71.png

Last day of summer. Last day on the cruise ship that was already heading back to Del Sol Valley.
    zmvuuhn.jpg

The Starks decided to check out some of the ships entertainment stuff. Like the arcade room!
    bwWg18l.jpg

"This is going great. We're about to win this game!"
    LWT7guV.jpg

"Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of this... hmm. What's this button do?"
    LZcGv3g.jpg

"Nooo Dad, you just butchered our win!"
    iXClxxg.jpg

"What? No I didn't."
    "Stop pressing buttons! You should only press the red one! I told you to only press the red button!"
    Teamwork games didn't seem to work out for Peter.
    SNAO5qs.jpg

So he decided to turn to chess.
    U0nFMvZ.jpg

"Check! Again."
    3QnPWWz.jpg

"Alright, what if I go here..."
    kZsEK1n.jpg

"No Pa, you can't! You'll lose! Again! Ughh, why do I always have to win?"
    1EpK5VK.jpg

Peter continued ranting about how boring it is to win all the time and Steve couldn't help but smile.
    Congratulations, Tony, we raised a genius! he thought proudly.
    5EfD8g6.jpg

A little bit of yoga...
    kz3AJHt.jpg

"Did you like it in Oasis Springs?"
    "Yeah! We should come here every vacation!"
    "Or we could go to Sulani next."
    tfsW8XJ.jpg

"Sulani?" Peter looked at Steve a bit puzzled.
    "Yeah. We went there in Spring, remember? We have a lot of pictures up on the wall."
    Peter shook his head.
    "I bet I was very little back then, wasn't I, Pa?"
    "I bet so," Steve laughed. "You loved it there so much! The palms, the beaches, the dolphins..."
    "Does Sulani have amusement parks?"
    Steve smiled and shook his head.
    "There's so much more to life than amusement parks, Peter. In Sulani the water is so clean you can see right through it, the sand is so sparkly it almost hurts your eyes... but the most important part of Sulani are the people that live there. Lovely, friendly people who are always there to help you out. They don't care who you are, what you do, where you come from. They don't judge. They'll always make you feel welcome."
    "Pa?"
    "Mhm?"
    razhXIs.jpg

"I want to go to Sulani right now."
    UZCGhMh.jpg

When the sun started to set, a big party began on the rooftop for everyone on the cruise ship.
    GmjaoUp.jpg

Peter invaded the buffet table.
    gHClljc.jpg

Cookie after cookie after cookie.
    "Really, Peter?"
    53l0JWK.jpg

"Last cookie, I promise!"
    "You really are a rabbit," Steve laughed. "Only here for the food. Come on, let's go do something more fun."
    KEmb7Pj.jpg

"Fineee, lets go... Oooh, chocolate!"
    icmQsWa.jpg

Lh1idhL.jpg

Technically not a cookie so there's nothing Steve can do.
    AQq25zj.jpg

Except to distract Peter away from the buffet table with the help of some karaoke.
    J3787pG.jpg

The party was getting wilder.
    bROXm4Q.jpg

Tony got acquainted with a few important people just like Nick asked.
    yJZ4JW4.jpg

He got this guy a drink to discuss business with him.
    NDRhuJv.jpg

Looks like it's going on great.
    0oQnrRY.jpg

Steve and Peter lied down for a little nap...
    BJx74vP.jpg

The party was over. Everyone went to bed. Everyone except for Tony and Steve. Those two decided to stay up for a little longer. Maybe even till sunrise...
    bHm5gcj.jpg

They never said it out loud and yet both of them wished the vacation never had to end.
    LDIZ6zt.jpg
    |Beginning|Previous update|Next update|
    Post edited by Koteyka on
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I started a new game, I decided to use the "new" voice tutorial. But, honestly it took me 3 tries to get all the way through. I ended up making a roommate for my tutorial "graduate" using that story questionare option (I never use that) and I had managed to save another tutorial guy from one of my failed attempts, so I added all three to one of my game template saves to play.

I'm trying to have them all marry a premade or at the very least be BFF's with them.

TBH, in the years I've been playing, I have never started with a bunch of single guys. I mostly have 1 guy or girl sim, or I have family groups.

Anyway, I've got their careers of to a good start, now I'm at the point where I need to work on the romance. We'll see how it goes ...
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Thunderbat87Thunderbat87 Posts: 275 Member
    Haven’t posted here in a while, but I’ve been reading almost everything. I love this thread. :)

A quick summary of where I’m at in my main save atm. I’m playing different household’s in it, but I always focus mainly on one household. So my main sim is Leah Lawson, a young adult. She moved to Sulani after a bad break-up. There she got to know the locals, enjoyed the relaxed island life, started a career as an conservationlist. She loved life. She even got a new boyfriend, Aleki Mahone. They moved in together. Even if they could argue sometimes, they mostly had a really strong and loving relationship.

pXZCVjr.jpg

Aleki is a talented freelance photograper. He even owned his own studio.

PpBRphe.jpg

Leah and Aleki is so good together. They got to celebrate christmas and new years together. Aleki also got a make-over.

g00VyZL.jpg

Then tragedy struck, and Aleki, who loved the ocean, drowned. Leah is absolutely heartbroken.. She doesn’t know how to move on.

HbHcvpf.jpg

To forget her troubles and sorrow she went out drinking with both her island friends and mainland friends. She made some stupid decisions while drunk and hurt, one of them was her ex-boyfriend (Wolfgang)... she finally went over to her mom’s house to talk to her.

mzTvpbk.jpg
  • WorkFromHomeWorkFromHome Posts: 165 Member
    My sim had a falling out with her boyfriend and is now thinking does she really want to be with him when she fancies Bob Pancakes.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited October 2019
    @DoloresGrey
    Plot twist - Don is actually Bella´s long-lost brother :D It´s funny that both you and @ryttu3k mentioned the resemblance, because I don´t really see it. Maybe just a little?

@Becka28
    Once I am done, I am going to put all the kids to gallery, in case someone wants them. I know for sure that I will be putting some into my main save, especially boys. My main save is suffering from a shortage of handsome young men - everyone and their grandmother keeps having girls, but there are hardly any boys born. For example, Antoniette has 11 granddaughters, but only 4 grandsons. It gives me no choice but to import some from an alternative universe.

@Dust_Bunny2010
    Some of your sims have a bad history with Don? I haven´t really done anything wth him before, it´s my first time playing him. In my main save, he used to hook up with Agnessa (the lady who was killed by her sister and daughters for being awful human being), last I saw him, he was hanging out with Agnessa´s granddaughter. I hope that this experiment gives me a clue who to hook him up with.
    Both the Caliente sisters and Bella are in this update. I wanted to give the Calientes a makeover before I let Don romance them and it took me ages to find Bella, I finally caught her at a karaoke bar at San Myshuno.

Today´s kids:
    32. Kyle zimwjnn.png
    other parent: Liberty Lee N83aSLG.png
    33. Elizabeth aLv2JLH.png
    other parent: Emilia Ernest AQXEF7z.png
    34. Minerva PzywpIL.png
    other parent: Darrell Charm 4rfvsWl.png
    (I was shocked by how pretty Minerva is, considering Darrell´s ahem...unique looks. Emilia and Darrell still got married and are raising the girls together. Darrell also has a daughter with Dina Caliente, who sadly inherited her father´s looks.)
    35. Gloria 6hWOshh.png
    other parent: Venessa Jeong GZtgxzl.png
    (Venessa is married with Gunther Munch, they have a son together I have difficulties deciding whether or not he is cute)
    36. Oliver Nio8vD3.png
    other parent: Nina Caliente 0ZyBjL1.png
    37. Noah LgWoGSY.png
    other parent: Dina Caliente sMEzaaJ.png
    38. Valentina 4Lsny6i.png
    other parent: Luna Villareal Zuvn8sR.png
    39. Dominic e2IzrHO.png
    other parent: Bella Goth 8oUxgI7.png

Very few babies today, because I focused on sorting out Don´s existing relationships. Some of his lovers are getting old and will be dead soon - Geoffrey Landgraab already aged into an elder, Nancy and Marcus Flex will both be aging in few days (I really don´t want to lose Marcus, as I have grown fond of him and his hopeless love for Don, so much that I am considering turning him into a vampire to keep him around) - call me sentimental, but I want their relationships to end in a positive term. Don had enough time to impregnate Vlad, though, I shudder to think what their offspring will look like.
    I fear that there will be even less babies next time, because Don has gotten himself into a bit of a trouble. I actually had to turn off the game because I was laughing too hard. That´s what happens when you focus on reading MCCC notifications and leave your sim to do what he wants :D I use autonomous woohoo and autonomous try for a baby and have MCCC to allow two sims of same gender to try for a baby, with the target being the one getting pregnant. So, while I was worrying over Geoffrey Landgraab dying soon and whether or not I should move Malcolm back home to take care of his younger sisters, Caleb - who loves to hang out with Don, because he has TV - suggested that they should totally try for a baby, which Don happily agreed to. In addition of the triplets they already have, Don is now pregnant with another set. Poor dumb Caleb will be raising six kids alone, as his boyfriend has no time or interest in childrearing.
    So much of an easy challenge :D
    Post edited by AngeliqueAdelaide on
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,020 Member
    Just wanted to post an update to my sim's dilemma.
    CVfcQ9D.png
    Meet Penny Doyle, a mortal sim who's studying to be a vet. She has lived in Brindleton Bay all her life. She works part-time as a barista and a nanny.

She's kind of awkward, but she's charming in her own way. She dislikes wearing make-up and tight, revealing clothes. This isn't some statement on femininity or anything - she just has a bit of a self-image issue and is shy about her body.

wa8IDe5.png
    She and Reef have been friends for about 9 months. She doesn't want to get romantically involved because she knows that he's engaged. It's a sham relationship only upheld for family tradition, but still.

YJK3SYr.png
    Not that it didn't stop her from wearing a wedding dress to Reef's wedding. (But that's my fault. I made her a test sim for outfits, then forgot to give her a different formal outfit. Ignore this.)

The girl in a white-and-yellow dress, along with the man in white are part of the Frost family; Reef was their butler and also slept with their grandma, but they don't know about the last part. The redhead in the back is Aunt Hazel, and the little boy is her son Harold. Daughter Miley and husband Harley are off-screen, along with the rest of Reef's family.

o9XneqW.png
    Elle and Reef ignored my orders to get married, instead choosing to watch fireworks for a while.

fwRYUtb.png
    But eventually, I was able to get them to the altar.

DKCuimd.png
    Alas, we're at the end of the line. Reef knows this will hurt his fiancee and his parents, but he can't go through with this wedding.

O1ejyPN.png
    Hilariously, Penny autonomously started smiling and dancing.

zIDCwpf.png
    To plum with the consequences. Reef wanted her.

lWJtEFt.png
    For what it's worth, Penny later visited Reef's ex to comfort her. Despite everything, she has a positive relationship with her, and she's quickly put in a good mood. I guess part of Elle knew this relationship wouldn't work. Or maybe Penny's just that good at helping people.

MtCVMVr.png
    So Reef was disowned by his family. The magical community hates him for publicly humiliating his fiancee, and his family name is mud. What better time to start over in the city?

VM0bq83.png
    Reef and Penny live in the Spice District of San Myshuno. With a fresh coat of paint and new counters and cabinets, it doesn't take long to make the place perfect. Also note the frogs on the shelf: Penny and Reef each have a pet frog.

wcPjWEk.png
    The place ain't much, but it's home. They're keeping things cheap so Penny can one day buy her own vet clinic. The most expensive thing they have is a painting over their bed, made by Reef's maternal grandmother.

3mCtZAj.png
    Kids aren't in the cards right now, so Finn transformed the second bedroom into a small garden for his plants. They don't have room for a cauldron, so no potions. But gardening is a fun hobby for him.

QDWZicd.png
    They live right across the street from a park, so they often get lunch or dinner from a food stall and enjoy a lovely meal outdoors. Sure, Reef can just conjure food with magic or keep them full with potions. But this is more fun.

mbqqK7V.png
    They also visit the art gallery from time to time. Reef's not into art, but he goes with Penny anyway.

xAVJTXg.png
    She also participates in environmental protests from time to time. Reef hates political stuff, but he'll join her on occasion.

BwW7A30.png
    They also have friends in the city. Thatch Vision is an old classmate of Reef's. Since graduating magic school, he's become a magical knight, joined the military career, and got a place in the Arts Quarter with Tamika.

Takima Ferrer is also a witch. I originally designed her to be a fourth to round out the group, but she really grew on her. Her randomized traits make her a cat lover (meaning she gets along well with the animal-loving Penny), and all her outfits turned out to be lovely. She works as a food critic, but she has high writing and singing skills.

Her backstory is that she comes from a wealthy family, hence why she was able to afford a nice apartment. It's a big contrast to Thatch, who grew up with less money and had to work hard for everything he had. She's not very good at magic, while he was a star student at Newt's School of Magic. They each offer the other different perspectives of the same world.

AhhgVr3.png
    When I noticed her randomized sleepwear matched Thatch, I knew it was meant to be.

VAzyJkL.png
    The couples often hang out at each other's places. Every Friday, they'll have dinner and watch two episodes of Breaking Baa (a show about a sheep who deals drugs and slowly descends into the dark criminal underworld.) Yeah, it's an old show. But none of them got to watch it when it was new, and they want to see what the hype is all about.

i0KWq6p.png
    Every Sunday, the four go to Planet Honey Pop! and sing their hearts out.

And yeah, that's Reef's story. Happy endings for all except Reef's ex-fiancee, whose only crime was being betrothed to a man who didn't love her.

@SiliClone: Really digging your aesthetic, especially Wolfgang. But I also like his attitude. I want to try making a sim like him part of my vampire clan.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    I fear that there will be even less babies next time, because Don has gotten himself into a bit of a trouble. I actually had to turn off the game because I was laughing too hard. That´s what happens when you focus on reading MCCC notifications and leave your sim to do what he wants :D I use autonomous woohoo and autonomous try for a baby and have MCCC to allow two sims of same gender to try for a baby, with the target being the one getting pregnant. So, while I was worrying over Geoffrey Landgraab dying soon and whether or not I should move Malcolm back home to take care of his younger sisters, Caleb - who loves to hang out with Don, because he has TV - suggested that they should totally try for a baby, which Don happily agreed to. In addition of the triplets they already have, Don is now pregnant with another set. Poor dumb Caleb will be raising six kids alone, as his boyfriend has no time or interest in childrearing.
    So much of an easy challenge :D

Oh no XD Caleb, honey, it's a lot cheaper to just buy your own TV rather than raising six kids! At least this time Don gets to be the one carrying them!
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    @Dust_Bunny2010 wrote:
    Your sims are naturally likable. Unfortunately I've never read the source material, or heard of it until just now, but the way you spin the characters makes me curious. Yes, Dino, whyyy? I wanna punch 'im. Next time try a Caleb-ception, or Makoa-ception. :p All the good looking men-ception.

I totally agree!!!
    To recap here's how Bjorn2 came into being:
    Griffin and his crew were in the process of trying to defeat the mother plant a long time ago. I got a little bored collecting evidence and stuff so he and Bjorn decided to mess around with the cloning machine. Griffin had made one at work and brought it back home. He never used it so...
    Bjorn-ception!
    IVrEPs7.png
    rXWBaBy.png

So I totally agree, my game needs a few more handsome premades running around and I personally hate splitting them up if they are already married. Makoa is married and Caleb in my game is engaged to his lovely boyfriend Demetrius Troyer. :) The only other person who can make a cloning machine is Griffin's coworker, my simself, Sarabeth. I know Griffin has no interest in cloning people that much but she's a single lady with 2 cute dogs and needs some guys around the house to do the chores ;)
    So she decides to do a little experiment.
    Making and upgrading the cloning machine
    wlOpHpJ.png
    Good job InventionBot!
    81r7xpy.png
    Hugs to Rugby the dog (he’s a pug/dachsund mix)
    V1Ul5Ag.png
    Cloning machine in my inventory and lab coat on. Taking Odie the chihuahua as “bait”
    yhk0qjX.png
    First Test Subject. Makoa Kealoa
    ELfZihc.png
    Hey Makoa why don’t you stand just right....there. Yeah
    8sk04J2.png
    eSLy5Z2.png
    Ohh Yeahh
    Yu1sfy6.png
    Makoa-ception!
    The game named him Jagger
    Fmxmb7u.png
    Makoa and Makoa2 share a Clone Greeting LMAO!!!!
    y8NHusj.png
    eyAmDXz.png

Onward to Forgotten Hollow!!!
    Makoa2 is quite taken with Odie. Sarabeth tells a story to Caleb
    oxEzyoo.png
    “Hey Caleb, why don’t you stand right there…”
    L1sgKbx.png
    Uh oh. Something’s not quite right…”
    ei5d84C.png
    Caleb isn’t so sure about the cloning machine…
    Rv1MxRJ.png
    Its an evil clone of Caleb!!!!
    The game named him George
    6PkNN1f.png
    Evil Caleb insults OG Caleb
    MpuhQ7P.png
    No, bad clone. No one insults Caleb!
    y4tWLXL.png
    6vrrtcp.png
    A quick trip in CAS fixed that personality trait and beard:)

Back home. The minions, er Clones, are settling in quite nicely. Although, I am probably going to have to add on to the house. Morgyn’s evil duplicate Sidney moved in with us as well. Why not? ;)
    m3qRYUJ.png
    Zp9OzOM.png
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    @AlwaysAsking self-curing with addictions is something borderline people tend to do a lot.

@ryttu3k yes, he has cc though.

@Dust_Bunny2010 yeah that was that sim, but I disabled his role so it's just a townie in my game.

@Gordy Wolfgang is pure chaos, I love him! He's the funniest sim to play, go ahead and make a sim like him, you will not regret it!
    @sarabeth2984 well, Jagger seems nice enough, but bad George!! Clone house should be interesting enough! There is a minor bug with changing traits in that they sometimes get moodlets related to the former one, so George may sometimes be a liiiiittle bit evil. Good luck with that!

@SiliClone cool, will look him up!
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,182 Member
    Ariel: "Such a wonderful fantastic day!"
    GurFLDf.png
    Supervillain: "That I am here to ruin!"
    het4KqD.png
    Bruce: "Hey, nice hair. But my wife just said, this is a fantastic day. So you will not ruin it."
    2JvLMnB.png
    Supervillain: "WE'LL SEE ABOUT THAT!"
    Bruce: "Oh we shall!"
    uJ6k2L8.png
    Bruce: "Ow my jaw!"
    7sb94Z4.png
    Supervillain: "Ow MY jaw and neck!"
    Sv19XMt.png
    Turns out that punch also broke his neck. That's why you workout Bruce, that's why you workout. Break a neck with a single punch.
    bJ4uLKn.png
    And here's Ariel farting on his grave. Ah yes, the greatness of having a slob Sim.
    Q8ii05a.png
    BoxArtWoman: "What's that smell?"
    Ariel: "Umm, the corpse?"
    wqdDC81.png
    Grim Reaper: "Man Bruce, you sure are my favorite client. You give me plenty of work without overloading me like The Bro..."
    G7cRdXf.png
    BoxArtWoman2: "There's my man."
    Bruce: "I am not!"
    ZMU0stW.png
    Aww, poor Luna looks so bored. I think Bruce knows how to cheer her up....
    VWTfwO4.png
    Yay, a kiddie pool!
    KqSaJdq.png
    Meanwhile, Ariel is uncharacteristically sad while swimming. How could she?!
    oL6nWiw.png
    Well might as well have her make some burgers for her hungry fami-
    j6EVrvG.png
    OH GOD THERE'S A FIRE! SAVE THE CHILDREN! FORGET SAVING LUNA, SHE'S IN THE POOL SHE'S SAFE IN THERE!
    SJmJoSF.png
    Man: "Hi everybody, I run around town with a fire extinguisher and look to see if anyone set their homes on fire! You sure are lucky I came around here at this specific time!"
    uu6hNZL.png
    I mean, don't think we need three guys putting out the fire but okay.
    bPlCoWq.png
    Man: "Sweet, we're heroes."
    Man 2: "Let's go to the bar to celebrate!"
    WjUFwh5.png
    Ariel: "Yeesh, crazy day huh Luna?"
    a8dhGRf.png
    Ariel: "Yeah I feel you."
    knDuxQM.png
    Since Ariel's a slob she doesn't mind cooking right next to this spoiled food.
    FS9NzXV.png
    Or in front of this table of spoiled dinners.
    7PKivv5.png
    Ah, the weirdos are home from work again.
    qhiYYV9.png
    Supervillain: "I am here to destroy your husband! Where is he?"
    zr3TSlf.png
    Ariel: "He's umm....in the backyard."
    Supervillain: "Why aren't you looking at me?"
    FLkGyEP.png
    Supervillain: "Be honest, it's the mustache isn't it?"
    Ariel: "It's very much your mustache."
    Supervillain: "I should shave it, everyone says it makes them feel uncomfortable."
    xH5tCsD.png
    Supervillainess: "So long story short, we had triplets!"
    Bruce: "Oh hey, that's great. Can't wait to meet them but it's going to have to wait. I have a supervillain to fight."
    8h7MUzC.png
    Oh never mind, he's busy building a sand castle.
    F7YWqiv.png
    But this woman needs help!
    kVmxZOG.png
    Clown: "I just want to see an It Chapter 3, is that too much to ask for, Stephen King?!"
    c8Gdmp0.png
    Bruce: "Alright, I've had enough of you clowns. Leave that woman alone, NOW."
    8ai7NgJ.png
    Bruce: "And take off that ridiculous costume."
    yDWipkN.png
    Clown: "You don't have to tell me twice, I'm not dying over something as stupid as this!"
    9WuQbbh.png
    Aww, more kiddie pool fun.
    RuMQQus.png
    Oh wow, that Supervillainess is cleaning up the dishes.
    RoGL7Qv.png
    Ariel: "Perhaps you're not so evil after all!"
    Supervillainess: "Oh no, I'm super evil. I just can't stand the smell of that rotten food. I'm still going to destroy the world if your husband doesn't love me."
    Ariel: "Ah, fair enough."
    9LDNMTk.png
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited October 2019
    Esme really really wanted to get a doggy
    13-10-2019-9-41-52.png
    This is what she's got
    13-10-2019-9-42-47.png
    The do not wear pants revolt.
    13-10-2019-9-51-48.png
    13-10-2019-9-54-58.png
    It was Atlas' birthday and the family invited Zoe the mauntie (mama/aunt) over. Zoe gave this toy to Esme and Esme liked it.
    13-10-2019-9-58-29.png
    13-10-2019-10-01-18.png
    13-10-2019-10-19-33.png
    On weekend Esme and Emmaline were at their grandparent's house.
    13-10-2019-11-03-43.png
    13-10-2019-11-04-02.png
    It started to rain but both girls didn't bring any rainboots nor raincoats with them. Nevermind! Bob and Marie are such great grandparents. They approved playing in the rain without those usual "necessities". They refused to join them though :D
    13-10-2019-11-09-06.png
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Wolfgang was feeling well enough to stay awake by day, and he haven't seen his family in a long time, even though Gunther managed to track him down somehow...
    8fV7Uvn.png
    so he went home to pay a visit...
    wVvx5lJ.jpg
    and Mila knew that something was wrong with her son right away...
    diNiYOe.jpg
    Lucolas wasn't at ease around him either...
    tTlEhvW.jpg
    he tried to introduce to Emilia...
    ftHyd46.jpg
    who didn't like his pranks...
    2uk2Mqj.jpg
    or him in general... at all...
    DSeQKj3.jpg
    LhXd2gT.png
    the only one that really likes him is Leslie... she invited him to the Flea Market...
    6s3n0MH.jpg
    and the positive moodlets effect that were keeping him from feeling bad weared off...
    u8ddJqK.jpg
    meanwhile, Miss Hell was very firm in refusing to hagle...
    6va0LWZ.jpg
    I don't know how they get along so well...
    EE617Il.jpg
    it's not easy to get along with Wolfgang...

At some point he was feeling very thirsty, the garlic effect weared off too, so he could get something to drink...
    6faAWdq.jpg
    VM5TWb2.jpg
    and I tried to use manipulate life spirit for the first time...
    rEKgpiw.jpg
    RxExMU6.jpg
    I can't believe he did this...
    ac3isWt.jpg

Now the problem is... he has no money.... he can't get a promotion, he can't rise his performances at work... and the power company shut down our power...
    W24bHcD.jpg
    'cause he can't pay the bills...
    U3PNQni.jpg
    00CsoYo.png
    and every night he gets possessed by the Mother...
    PG1XOuZ.jpg
    and spreads the infection in Forgotten Hollow...
    P58iwj1.jpg
    yep Markus, you just saw what you think you saw...
    cQk2P0E.jpg
    he also met the boss...
    5U80RiM.jpg
    LjqmqU4.jpg
    Vlad is not a fan of Wolfgang already...
    AzBiAAm.jpg

we need help bringing in money, so the following day he gave a call to Leslie...
    YwFXXP2.jpg
    and asked her to move in.
    JiyXxhB.jpg
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Turles picked up a new hobby, instead of plundering planets and planting the God Tree he's taking up acting.
    He was hired to do one of his first gigs which of course was about a cleaning product.. >>;

"It's heavily fortified to clean the messy floors including decks like the one on this ship. Even pirates like me choose this product,," Obvious pun.
    tumblr_pzd6c3PNGR1youm2ao1_1280.png

He worked his way up the chain of acting again landing a spot as the main star on a pirate movie..
    tumblr_pzd6c3PNGR1youm2ao2_1280.png

He had to hold back his actual strength or it would have been a very messy sword fight even though they were fake swords. He'd never live it down if someone in space saw him acting. xD
    tumblr_pzd6c3PNGR1youm2ao3_1280.png

Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @SiliClone Wolfgang is such a contradictory sim - he is really mean to everyone, cant follow through on things but then decides one person is who he likes (like Leslie) and he is over the top nice to them. He was like that with my homeless teen and got so depressed when she brokeup with him.

Drifter Update - DEEWHY

I haven't been in this save for ages. Deewhy and his wife Madelaine have the life goals of maxing painting and the painting careers, one has to max photography skill and they had to take 10 specific photos which I completed.

I made a rude comment in this thread about drifter children learning from Elroy about autonomous homework - so in the grand tradition of my sims reading the forums:

Earlwood (Deewhy's son) started his day doing what he wanted like a typical drifter kid (eating cake and watching TV)
    9AMLJFA.png?1

But came home from school and autonomously did homework to show me that drifter children can study....
    n9Mmlgl.png?1

Poor DeeWhy got tense helping him with his homework (DeeWhy's past of never touching a book was catching up with him)
    9Ws7p63.png?1

Madelaine painted a new masterpiece of DeeWhy doing his own masterpiece.
    FfdoBSf.png?1
    MhA4k15.png?1

This made her flirty.
    2He1PUi.png?1
    kILg9Dj.png?2

DeeWhy's father visited in the middle of the night for a good chat.
    aA6ziFU.png?1

Which inspired DeeWhy to take a midnight swim then paint some more...
    4T4W4U5.png?1

DeeWhy's sister Darlinghurst is always in their house..
    3HgnXvu.png?1

So is his brother Drummoyne - who had some serious issues to contemplate in his nephew's mirror.
    WWpe9vI.png?1

I accidently chose to cook samosa's forgetting that Madelaine is the only sim who can eat spicy food...
    V6veWYQ.png?1
    GHNlf0j.png?1

DeeWhy tried to cheer up Earlwood and Engadine by telling them an improbable story - I don't think Engadine was buying it.
    zribgmk.png?1

Madelaine had to take lots of photos to get her skills up - I went to Brindleton Bay. Its amazing what you discover when you are not just visiting for a date or woohoo - I knew the Deadgrass Isle had lots of ghost pets but I never knew this cemetry was there to discover. I have played this game for way too many hours and find that there are many off lot places I have never explored!
    DcdZ6a2.png?1
    zkqWIiX.png?1
    V0puYSC.png?1

More landscape shots
    6flBAaQ.png?1
    G8VVLio.png?1
    pnrXyvJ.png?1
    4Dv5YB6.png?1
    WFmQ29G.png
    (I love the bees in this one.)
    T0nPDNQ.png?1

Finally Lilith is still learning magic and other skills - looks like charisma is going well (she will soon be ready to enter Esme/Gytha's save)
    2q2fhJe.png?1
  • Simmelina1Simmelina1 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Bheeda Kibo
    48898665036_4ba756b146_c.jpg
    Nana, Takuya & Hikaru were woken up by a monster in the midle of the night. Daddy Akira had to spray the monster.

48898870482_184867d9a6_c.jpg
    Akira & Jesminder look forward to have a baby together. Both of them have children from previous marriages. Jesminder have Giselle from her marriage with Arun Bheeda & Akira have Nana, Takuya & Hikaru from his marriage with Jieun Go Angel.
    The couple were surprised with twin girls Sana & Mana. Had to look up after they were born, that Mana is a japanese girlname.

48898876857_0df848b2b4_c.jpg
    Jieun invited Nana, Takuya & Hikaru over to play with their bonussiblings (Jieun's children with new spouse.)

48898680176_b65457419b_c.jpg
    Nana is now a teenager.

48898687891_57ca02788d_c.jpg
    Sana is a toddler.

48898687861_924192e2ea_c.jpg
    Mana is a toddler.
    Origin id: Simmelina
    simmelina1.wordpress.com
    The life of my sims. Elina & Don.

49992523523_7fe1918650_c.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list