Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[EA Account] Turn on Login Verification & get a free month of Origin Access in November

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
It's National Cybersecurity Awareness Month!

Your online security is very important to us, so consider turning on login verification for Origin. If you do, we'll automatically give you a free* month of Origin Access Basic as a reward! For those of you who already use Origin Access Basic or Premier, you'll be given one free month of your existing subscription! And if you already have Login Verification enabled, great! You'll get a free month of Origin Access, too.
Grants will begin to roll out on November 1st.

en6em1dueub5.png

The Sims 4, The Sims 3 and SimCity are some of the games you can find in the Origin Access Basic Vault. Many more to discover!

Find all the details here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/login-verification-and-origin-access/

*Offer ends October 31, 2019. Conditions and restrictions apply. Certain titles may not be included. See https://origin.com/store/origin-access/terms for details.

Comments

• Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    It says on the website "Already have Login Verification enabled? Great! You’ll get a free month of Origin Access, too." But it doesn't actually say how... @EA_Mai
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    @loubyloulou "Grants will begin to roll out on November 1st." I think this means that on Nov 1st you'll automatically either be switched to Access or not be charged for that month if you already have it?
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    @loubyloulou "Grants will begin to roll out on November 1st." I think this means that on Nov 1st you'll automatically either be switched to Access or not be charged for that month if you already have it?

OK, that makes sense :)
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I think I might try The Sims 3 during November. I'm not sure it'll run on my laptop, but since I won't have to pay for it I'm willing to try.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    SarasaurusSarasaurus Posts: 2 New Member
    Could someone please help me - I am new and can't figure out for the life of me, how to start a new discussion! Thanks!
  • Options
    SarasaurusSarasaurus Posts: 2 New Member
    What I am wanting to now is - how and if we can get the community gallery on ps4 yet?
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    @EA_Mai posted some good info there, but i noticed the screenshot shows only three options. But there is also a fourth option: security authentication app.

The auth app is more secure and far more reliable than email, text or phone codes, especially if the system backs up enough to delay codes being sent along or an unexpected downtime for one of the services. The security app is in a league of it's own because it will keep giving you a code as long as the program is auto-refreshing to a new code when the old one expires.

If you should lose your app, make sure you get your backup codes saved somewhere and don't forget them in order to login around the missing security app.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/origin-login-verification-information/
    Sarasaurus wrote: »
    Could someone please help me - I am new and can't figure out for the life of me, how to start a new discussion! Thanks!

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited October 2019
    So I went through the log in verification and was sent a code. When I used the code an alert popped up saying "please use a valid security code" . So I'm stumped at what to do now. I copied and pasted the code so I know it was the correct code.
    I do not have a mac.
    Post edited by Frn0731 on
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Last I checked, it appeared that Origin Access is not available for Mac users.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member

It is, I have a friend who also uses a mac that has basic Origin access.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member

Oh, cool! Thank you!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    Will we get some sort of notification when our origin accounts get upgraded or is there something we need to do to kick-start the process (except turn on verification obv)
  • Options
    @LindsaySeddon1 I don't think there will be a notification (judging by a comment in the info article saying we might not get the Access access immediately & to check later). But there shouldn't be anything else needed to make it happen once login verification is on.

What I'm wondering is: will the Access auto-update at the end of the month and do we need to make sure we turn it OFF after the free month period if we don't want to continue? (the cynic in me says yes but confirmation would be nice)
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    @LindsaySeddon1 I don't think there will be a notification (judging by a comment in the info article saying we might not get the Access access immediately & to check later). But there shouldn't be anything else needed to make it happen once login verification is on.

What I'm wondering is: will the Access auto-update at the end of the month and do we need to make sure we turn it OFF after the free month period if we don't want to continue? (the cynic in me says yes but confirmation would be nice)

Please note in the second link offered by Mai:
    Get a month of Origin Access

Turn on Login Verification during the month of October 2019 for National Cybersecurity Awareness Month, and enjoy a month of Origin Access Basic for free*.

You’ll get your month of Origin Access Basic starting on or after November 1, 2019. If you don’t get your free* month right away, please wait a few days.

Origin Access is our PC membership program, so make sure you have Origin installed on your computer.

Already an Origin Access Basic member? We won’t charge you during the month of November, and you’ll get charged as normal for your next month during the following billing cycle.
    Are you a member of Origin Access Premier? We’ll give you a free month of Premier instead.
    Already have Login Verification enabled? Great! You’ll get a free month of Origin Access, too.

It’s up to you to maintain your account’s security. Keep Login Verification enabled to help keep your account safe.

*Offer ends October 31, 2019. Conditions and restrictions apply. Certain titles may not be included. See origin.com/store/origin-access/terms for details.
  • Options
    LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    Please note in the second link offered by Mai:
    Get a month of Origin Access

Turn on Login Verification during the month of October 2019 for National Cybersecurity Awareness Month, and enjoy a month of Origin Access Basic for free*.

You’ll get your month of Origin Access Basic starting on or after November 1, 2019. If you don’t get your free* month right away, please wait a few days.

Origin Access is our PC membership program, so make sure you have Origin installed on your computer.

Already an Origin Access Basic member? We won’t charge you during the month of November, and you’ll get charged as normal for your next month during the following billing cycle.
    Are you a member of Origin Access Premier? We’ll give you a free month of Premier instead.
    Already have Login Verification enabled? Great! You’ll get a free month of Origin Access, too.

It’s up to you to maintain your account’s security. Keep Login Verification enabled to help keep your account safe.

*Offer ends October 31, 2019. Conditions and restrictions apply. Certain titles may not be included. See origin.com/store/origin-access/terms for details.

Ah, thank you!
  • Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)

Oh, cool! Thank you!

Could be your friend is using Windows on their Mac?

Origin Access is a PC membership - for anyone using macOS, please be aware that to access The Vault games you will need to be using Origin on Windows.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Ummm, I turned it off and turned it back on again...where's my free month?
  • Options
    Ummm, I turned it off and turned it back on again...where's my free month?

From the link EA_Mai posted above:
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited October 2019
    For those that are on the fence, Origin Access has honestly been my favorite gaming subscription for the past 2 years - if you're into indie games at all, it's amazing how much value you get for 20 a year :) and they actually keep adding to the vault. Dare I say it, this might just be EA's best product yet ;)
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    just added it a few days ago so will see if it gives me the origin acess free month
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    jaycravnjaycravn Posts: 17 Member
    So we won't get a notification when it's turned on on our account, or..?
    pronouns: they/them/theirs/themself
  • Options
    dhay773dhay773 Posts: 753 Member
    What if you pay yearly for Origin Premium? Do you get an extra month added to the end of your subscription?
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Hey, so quick question; at the end of the free month, will the subscription cancel itself automatically or will I have to cancel it manually?
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    The Access subscription aside, I think login verification is something everyone needs to do. I've been having a lot of hacking attempts as of late, and login verification has been the one thing preventing them from getting anything further. All I can say is--thankfully I don't do banking online and the credit card I use with PayPal, eBay, and Amazon has good fraud protection.
  • Options
    AalyahReedAalyahReed Posts: 209 Member
    @EA_Mai Hi, I have been trying to find the answer to this, as have other simmers here, and I was hoping you could help, as it is not clear from the info on the website - will the service automatically cancel after the free month if we choose not to renew, or will we have to cancel it manually to keep from being charged? Thank you.