Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff packs ain't cheap.

At this point of tike there is 14 stuff packs, each cost 10$ that would 140$ for stuff packs compilation and you would hardly get enough content to expand on the base game and keep you interested for more than two weeks. In that money you could have bought 3 and a half expension packs which are guaranteed to give you more gameplay than 14+ which you would get in said stuff packs.

The existence of stuff packs is not doing the game any good, so i personally think they should d cease to exist.
yondu-guardians1.jpg
over here i post my cc
new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
you may know me as g1g2

Comments

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Stuff packs aren't cheap I agree when you add up the cost. £140 for stuff packs alone and that's not including the base game, game packs or expansions. The game will be the most expensive by time it's done.

I mean I know you don't have to buy it all. My niece has just srsrted to become interested in the sims 4. My sister is hoping she sticks to enjoying the sims 3 as the amount of dlc to a newcomer she finds overwhelming.
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Well a stuff pack is more so a pack to add more stuff, ie Cas and BB items, to your game. And they have done a great job doing that. I prefer the stuff packs to keep the look of my sims and their houses updated without having to use CC, so for
    me it has been money worth spending and it’s been over time so it’s not that noticeable.

Each stuff pack also tends to add 1 or 2 small game play feature(s) as well which is a nice touch. I prefer stuff and game packs with this iteration over most of the EP’s to be honest.
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Except that no one is ordering you to buy all of them.

As for the cost... I spend about 10€ a week on candy, compared to that, 10€ for a pack, parts of which I might use for the next few years till a new sims game comes out, is not all that much.
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    I doubt 3 EPs have 28-42 different items of gameplay, or did you forget each SP has 2-3 gameplay items? ;)

That said, it's extremely unlikely that someone buys all the packs at once. Most of the sales are made at release. So it really is only $10 US (or regional equivalent) every few months. I bet you spend more than that on a couple servings of coffee.

And you don't have to buy them if they don't add anything for you anyways. I'd rather have more options in my packs than less. Maybe I don't want a $40 EP for one hamster, or one bowling lane. Or, maybe I would never use a bowling lane in an EP and would rather have the kareoke instead. Mix and match, pick and choose.

By that logic they should devide every single objects into there own pack so you could choose that one object you want. Most if not all of the stuff packs could have easily been included in eps or gp.

Also also the amount of objects are around 24-28, city living in the other hand had 14 new objects, lets forget about the other 2 and half expension packs which in total should have around 40 new objects, city living also include other gameplay elements that make it alone worth all those stuff packs together aka apartments, new careers etc. So i think all those stuff packs togther are worth one expension pack to me and yet they are sold way higher.
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    It's how it works now. Just see how much money you can spend on mobile games, for example... it gets crazy pretty fast...
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I buy them when they release so I don't miss £10 every month or two, and I actually have gotten more enjoyment out of some of the SPs (Backyard, Kids Room) than most of the EPs up to C&D.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Well. I only purchased 2 stuff packs at $10. I got 1 gifted to me and 4 stuff packs on a major sale that made them $2.50 a pack in 2016. The rest were purchased at $5 a pack. Personally I wait for sales anymore, unless I see it as a must have for the game.
  • RnM92RnM92 Posts: 222 Member
    I miss the days when Sims Stuff Packs purely followed a decorative theme rather than made up lacking gameplay, followed two or three sub themes within that and had tons of objects, clothes and hair, wallpapers, floors and other building tools/objects. I know they were more expensive but not by much (£5 more than now), especially when you consider how much we got for that money. And because they were only decorative you didn't feel you were missing out on any gameplay if you didn't buy them.
  • happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    I doubt 3 EPs have 28-42 different items of gameplay, or did you forget each SP has 2-3 gameplay items? ;)

That said, it's extremely unlikely that someone buys all the packs at once. Most of the sales are made at release. So it really is only $10 US (or regional equivalent) every few months. I bet you spend more than that on a couple servings of coffee.

And you don't have to buy them if they don't add anything for you anyways. I'd rather have more options in my packs than less. Maybe I don't want a $40 EP for one hamster, or one bowling lane. Or, maybe I would never use a bowling lane in an EP and would rather have the kareoke instead. Mix and match, pick and choose.

28-42?

LPS - 2
    PPS - 1
    CKS - 1
    SS - 2
    MHS - 1
    RGS - 2
    KRS - 2
    BYS - 2
    VGS - 2
    BNS - 1
    FS - 1 (2 counting the fitness channel I guess)
    TS - 1 (one piece was broken into 3 smaller pieces that use the same animation as the larger piece)
    LDS - 3 (washer and dryer use same animation)

By my count that’s 21, 22 if I’m being super generous, not 28 and definitely not 42. If you’re going to try and make a case for stuff packs make one that isn’t blatantly false. Ok?
    I don't think that comment was necessary. Can we make our comments about the game and not other posters? Not trying to start something, just hoping we can get along even if we disagree.

InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I wonder if there’s anyone out there who refuses to buy game and expansion packs and instead only buys stuff packs. I’d be interested to know what their gameplay is like with just the base game and all of these stuff packs.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Stuff packs are entirely optional, much like any other pack depending on your taste and if you can see yourself using them.

For a Sims game, ANY sims game they are not cheap, since each one has a variety of DLC packs on hand and of course when you add them up when the games are still new it is pretty expensive. Value pretty much varies from person to person.

$10US isn't much on its own. About the price if not more I would waste by eating out for myself or when I use to buy coffee everyday and of course when you add it up it's a lot, but did I enjoy my coffee? Absolutely and still do, though I just cut back on it more so these days if I don't absolutely need it.

I have a couple of stuff packs I really enjoy and use often. Anything else? I don't even look at it twice because I'm not gonna use it and/or thought it wasn't worth the price. Much like Romantic garden. I didn't buy that until recently for $5.
    5vJrxmT.png
    RnM92 wrote: »
    I miss the days when Sims Stuff Packs purely followed a decorative theme rather than made up lacking gameplay, followed two or three sub themes within that and had tons of objects, clothes and hair, wallpapers, floors and other building tools/objects. I know they were more expensive but not by much (£5 more than now), especially when you consider how much we got for that money. And because they were only decorative you didn't feel you were missing out on any gameplay if you didn't buy them.

You get the same amount of objects in TS4 SPs as you did TS3 SPs as well as interactive objects for a lower price, how could anyone see that as a bad things?. TS3 SP themes were nearly all horrendous.
  • RnM92RnM92 Posts: 222 Member
    Simanite wrote: »

You get the same amount of objects in TS4 SPs as you did TS3 SPs as well as interactive objects for a lower price, how could anyone see that as a bad things?. TS3 SP themes were nearly all horrendous.

I wasn't talking about the Sims 3, I was talking about the Sims 2. I never played the Sims 3 beyond the base game so I have no experience of those SPs.
    edited March 2018
    Simanite wrote: »

I wasn't talking about the Sims 3, I was talking about the Sims 2. I never played the Sims 3 beyond the base game so I have no experience of those SPs.

Oh yeah TS2 SPs were fantastic (but what wasn't in that game?).
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    happygurl wrote: »

28-42?

LPS - 2
    PPS - 1
    CKS - 1
    SS - 2
    MHS - 1
    RGS - 2
    KRS - 2
    BYS - 2
    VGS - 2
    BNS - 1
    FS - 1 (2 counting the fitness channel I guess)
    TS - 1 (one piece was broken into 3 smaller pieces that use the same animation as the larger piece)
    LDS - 3 (washer and dryer use same animation)

By my count that’s 21, 22 if I’m being super generous, not 28 and definitely not 42. If you’re going to try and make a case for stuff packs make one that isn’t blatantly false. Ok?
    I don't think that comment was necessary. Can we make our comments about the game and not other posters? Not trying to start something, just hoping we can get along even if we disagree.

What about that was unnecessary? Was it necessary to make a wide reaching claim that could easily be refuted? I mean literally it took me 5 minutes online to identify the gameplay objects in each pack, type them up, and total them out. Let’s not attack people for providing factual details instead of wide reaching claims.
  • happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    edited March 2018
    ^^You couldn't have simply pointed out that they were mistaken or wrong instead of accusing them of making blatantly false claims?
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • PinkSugar81PinkSugar81 Posts: 184 Member
    How were TS2 stuff packs that great? It was only clothes/furniture/decor items and a premade house or two, for $20.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    happygurl wrote: »
    ^^You couldn't have simply pointed out that they were mistaken or wrong instead of accusing them of making blatantly false claims?

As I said it was not difficult at all to get the actual information about what he claimed. What struck me as odd (and really should be obvious to anyone) was that his lowest number was just the number of packs x2 and his highest the number of packs x3. Well obviously not every SP has 2 or 3 gameplay items. Quite a few have one (CKS, MHS, BNS, FS, etc). So there was a huge, very obvious flaw in the argument being presented.
  • Feet46Feet46 Posts: 230 Member
    At this point of tike there is 14 stuff packs, each cost 10$ that would 140$ for stuff packs compilation and you would hardly get enough content to expand on the base game and keep you interested for more than two weeks. In that money you could have bought 3 and a half expension packs which are guaranteed to give you more gameplay than 14+ which you would get in said stuff packs.

The existence of stuff packs is not doing the game any good, so i personally think they should d cease to exist.

The Sims 2 and 3 Stuff packs were $20. With no new game-play items, it was just recolors and...stuff.

The Sims 4 Stuff packs are $10, with 1-3 new game-play items and more...stuff.
    How were TS2 stuff packs that great? It was only clothes/furniture/decor items and a premade house or two, for $20.

I just loved how the themes were great and usable in most homes, and how cohesive were. And you got full room sets in each pack. Compared to TS3 packs they were amazing, so much better. TS3 packs were so obscure and lacking. I still like the TS4 model best, with new gameplay.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited March 2018

I disagree with the "purely decorative" thing because, to me, the active gameplay in Sims 4 stuff packs are what tend to entice me first and foremost. Sims 4 Stuff packs have had SOOO many decorative and CAS items I use constantly and enjoy compared to past iteration's stuff packs. I feel the stuff packs have never felt more useful in my game than they are to me in Sims 4. For example, I waited for a sale to get like 8 of Sims 3's stuff packs because they were not worth the full priced 20 dollar tag that they outrageously had and those didn't even have any gameplay objects besides for High End Loft Stuff!! Of course this is my opinion but I have been pleasantly happy with the content I've received in these 10 dollar packs.