Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Pets - Graham's Pet Swap Shop

simsfan21simsfan21 Posts: 117 Member
So after I re-installed Sims 3 to my desktop, I was also able to re-download some of the stuff I had; only problem I have right now is the cash register that came with Graham's Pet Swap Shop isn't there. Everything else is there, but the cash register is replaced with a microwave; any way I can solve this? I've tried uninstalling and re-installing and still get the same result.

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Silly question of course but you do have Pets installed?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • simsfan21simsfan21 Posts: 117 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Silly question of course but you do have Pets installed?

Yes
    edited January 2018
    It doesn’t make sense. The cash register comes with that shop Wiki says, so if you have it installed (and you have, you see the shop in your game), the register should be there. The fact it’s replaced by a microwave however indicates it’s not. Really odd. I wonder by the way if you really need that particular cash register. Maybe another one will work too? Or are particular products tied to the register.... I have no idea.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    It doesn’t make sense. The cash register comes with that shop Wiki says, so if you have it installed (and you have, you see the shop in your game), the register should be there. The fact it’s replaced by a microwave however indicates it’s not. Really odd. I wonder by the way if you really need that particular cash register. Maybe another one will work too? Or are particular products tied to the register.... I have no idea.

Yes, the pet store register will allow you to buy pet items, and even sell your pets there.
    IreneSwift wrote: »

Yes, the pet store register will allow you to buy pet items, and even sell your pets there.
    Ah, so you really need that one. Too bad, no point in replacing it by one of the other cash registers then.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I would think the Pet store would still show up in your purchase history from when you downloaded it and you should be able to download it again. Of course, searching your purchase history might be a pain if it is as large as mine.
  • simsfan21simsfan21 Posts: 117 Member
    edited January 2018
    bekkasan wrote: »
    I would think the Pet store would still show up in your purchase history from when you downloaded it and you should be able to download it again. Of course, searching your purchase history might be a pain if it is as large as mine.
    My purchase history isn't that big (only 2 pages); I tried that too and still get the same result, unfortunately

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    simsfan21 wrote: »
    bekkasan wrote: »
    My purchase history isn't that big (only 2 pages); I tried that too and still get the same result, unfortunately

The most common cause of problems with Sims 3 games is corruptions in the Sims 3 folder in Documents.

The main reason premium content items disappear is a corruption in the ccmerged file that is in DCBackup folder inside The Sims 3 folder.

Since you don't have a lot of store content, I'd recommend you make yourself a fresh new Sims 3 folder.

If you have any Sims or Lots in your library that you have made and really want to keep, Share them before you make the new Sims 3 folder. The way to Share them is to go into Edit Town. Then click on each item you want to keep from your library. When you click on it you will see a popup that will have a Share button. Click the Share button. Once it has been successfully 'shared' you will find the Sims3Pack file in the Exports folder which will also be in the Sims 3 folder. Pick up the Sim3Pack files and put the somewhere safe. You can install them via your Downloads folder when you get your new Sims 3 folder made.

To make a new Sims 3 folder.

1. Shut down the game.
    2. Rename the existing Sims 3 folder - I usually add x to the end of it. So long as the game can't recognise it as being a Sims 3 folder the process will work.
    3. Launch the game - this will generate a fresh empty Sims 3 folder
    4. Install your store content via the launcher - I usually keep a backup of this version of the Sims 3 folder to save time next time I have to do this. When you install store content sort it in size order and install the biggest items first - making sure to install no more than about 200 MB at a time if possible. Only have the items you are currently installing in the downloads folder while they are being installed. After an item is installed move it out to a backup folder somewhere. I have a folder named 'Installed' and keep it in my Downloads folder.
    5. Once the store content is installed launch the game to make sure it is all there. Place the pet store to check if the register is now in the game.
    6. You could then do whatever you usually do with mods and CC.
    7. Don't forget to install any of the files you 'shared' from your library if you want them in your game. They go into the Downloads folder and get installed by the launcher.
    7. You can transfer your Saves across from the old, corrupt Sims 3 folder - but be careful the saves might be corrupt so it can be a good idea to make a copy of your new Sims 3 folder before putting anything from the old folder into it. Your saves should all be good but it's best to be careful.

Good luck and Happy Simming