March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimguruDrake has spoken...again. No patch/announcement this week.

axel1015axel1015 Posts: 952 Member
Hey @simgurudrake can we expect anything this week? We're all patiently waiting some sort of response from you. Please let us know!!
FreshLion55 on the Gallery! Happy simming! >:)
Post edited by axel1015 on

Comments

• LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    @SimGuruDrake it's cool and all that you are going to post an excited gif a day or two before an announcement (not really but whatever) but you can't just start posting 'no gifs' and just Quit without a reasonable explanation. I mean what was even the purpose of that? You've built up expectation and you bailed out randomly. You hit It and quit it, basically.

Even better, if at the beginning of the month if you could tell us what to expect, like how you did in March and October/November, that would be great. It would put an end to this pointless Monday angst and anticipation.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    Found the picture "No" GIF. o:)
    trump-nope.jpg

Not necessarily a GIF, but it'll work the same. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • axel1015axel1015 Posts: 952 Member
    Right. That's like giving someone a gift every year on Christmas. Once you start you can't just go "you know what I'm not gonna do that anymore" you've raised the bar of expectations so make sure you meet them.
    Found the picture "No" GIF. o:)
    trump-nope.jpg

Not necessarily a GIF, but it'll work the same. o:)

This isn't a post for people who believe the game is perfect to be passive aggressive about not getting a patch. I'm not asking for people who don't think there's a patch today to speak, I'm asking simgurudrake to say something.
    edited April 2016
    axel1015 wrote: »
    This isn't a post for people who believe the game is perfect to be passive aggressive about not getting a patch. I'm not asking for people who don't think there's a patch today to speak, I'm asking simgurudrake to say something.

As I am aware. :)
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I'm going to assume the patch is next week so they'd take out the egg hunt since it would be a month then
    Hopefully we'll get some neat fixes.
  • Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    I thought she said she'd do excited gif *instead* of a no gif... Not both.... So no excited gif means no announcement.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hello :) I've already clarified this last week but I stated in another thread that rather than posting a no gif I would just post an excited gif on Monday IF something was happening that week instead --meaning if I don't post a gif it means nothing is happening that week.

There is no news this week, and as @Cement guessed --we do have a patch next week as that will be the end of the Spring Challenge.

Thanks for responding, when do you usually think to post the excited gif, if there is an announcement? Do you do it early in the day, late, etc...?
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I just hope the patch does more than remove that challenge. Last I played I still had the "sit down to put things away" issue and kids randomly changing eye/hair color in CAS :/
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,710 Member
    Goodness! Only a week left and I'm still not done.
  • Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    Goodness! Only a week left and I'm still not done.

Right? I have to get busy as well. Sort of like studying the night before a test lol
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2016
    Hello :) I've already clarified this last week but I stated in another thread that rather than posting a no gif I would just post an excited gif on Monday IF something was happening that week instead --meaning if I don't post a gif it means nothing is happening that week.

There is no news this week, and as @Cement guessed --we do have a patch next week as that will be the end of the Spring Challenge.

Praise the lord!!!!!

PUfiMK2.gif
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    no announement thing everyday or week or whatever is getting ridiculous and lame
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member

More like monday morning or afternoon ?
    I'm asking this because I'm on a different time zone ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyftjT_SJfA

:#
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    @Colton147147 that makes me laugh every time. Thank you.
    Eeeep! @SimGuruDrake does that mean I have until next week to get my planter?! I better get working! (Promise no sarcasm.. But for some reason that's all I hear when I read it back) I'm genuinely concerned I won't get it!
  • riccardougariccardouga Posts: 436 Member

Seems that there will be no pack neither this month... oh well, patch is still considered new content :) I hope it will be huge
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    I am ready for the grow fruit trees to be gone. I had to cheat to get a cherry tree :(
  • bngbedardbngbedard Posts: 528 Member
    I am patiently awaiting the announcement of the next EP. It's been a while. Or game pack would be okay as well.
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Neia wrote: »

I like to try and get my images out by 10AM PDT at the latest (sometimes I'm delayed if I'm in meetings as Monday's are my busiest day of the week).
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member

qrGM5.gif

I'm currently having fun with my recreation of PleasantView in Willow Creek (and kind of busy with RL stuff too) so while I'm eager to know what's coming next, I can still wait.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

Is the patch adding new gameplay?

Hopefully you will post the excited gif Monday.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Is the patch adding new gameplay?

Hopefully you will post the excited gif Monday.

I'm 90% sure it's just minor bug fixes and taking out the event, which you know, thank the maker, finally!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • riccardougariccardouga Posts: 436 Member
    Neia wrote: »

I like to try and get my images out by 10AM PDT at the latest (sometimes I'm delayed if I'm in meetings as Monday's are my busiest day of the week).

But let's be serious: @SimGuruDrake why you have to torture us with this treatment? :D