Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Important! How to not loose too much data after corrupted save files occur!

jol1990jol1990 Posts: 257 Member
This is not a fix, you cannot fix the corrupt save, but you can prevent it by making lots of manual seperate saves and saving stuff to your library alot to prevent future cripling losses of your game if it would happen again!

UPDATE: i managed to recover from a save from 3 days ago, but it seems that once you have that one buggy save file active, it ruins it for all the others, Restart your game if you need to find wich save game still works instead of going back to the menu to select another one. Please link this thread to all the other builders and players you know so they know how to arm themselves against this crippling save error!

You can find your saves folder under documents, electronic arts and then under saves.

Tip: This will only work if you save everything manually on seperate files, if you only used autosave you will have to start a new game or pray you have a very old uncorrupted save file somewhere in that folder!

step 1: Allways save all your houses in seperate saves, maybe even different stages. I would also suggest to save your house to your library every time you close as an extra safety measure!

step 2: Copy the save folder of your sims 4 and place it on your desktop so you have acces to it. After that, delete all the save files from the save folder in your actual sims 4 save folder! do not remove the 2 folders in it though, only the .sav files!

step 3: Now your save folder should only have the 2 folders in it ( scratch and SerialGUID ) but no actual savegames. What you do now is important, Check the dates wich the files were last modified (you can organise your files via name, date and most modified in your explorer screen) . when you copy over your save files to your clean save folder again, make sure your autosaves, the 00001.saves or/and the latest manual save, wichever save corrupted your game is NOT in the folder. If it was your latest manual save, remove the autosave as well! This is to prevent that save file from loading and corrupt your game again.

Step 4: Start the game, and instead of clicking the play button, look on the top right and click on the little square floppy disc that sais load game and select the save game that you had before the save file you made that made your game go corrupt, in my case that was a file i made the 17th of may, i deleted the one that said the 19th of may (date last modified dates)
Your game should be loading correctly now and you should be able to go in to your houses and sims familys without it returning you to your map screen!

Keep doing these steps and go down the list of save files untill you found a save file that is not corrupted.
I hope this tutorial thing helped a bit!

IF YOU HAVE THIS SAVE ERROR THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN RECOVER THE THINGS YOU HAD IN YOUR SAVE FILE UNLESS YOU SAVE EVERY HOUSE TO THE LIBRARY AFTER SAVING A BUILD!

i hope this tutorial thing helped a bit. But it does seem that once you load your buggy save file, none of your save files work correctly anymore.

ORIGINAL ISSUE

It all happened a month ago, i tried to load in to a house of a savegame, but i could not! it just refused to load and brought me back to my
map select screen! I looked for a save that did load and that one was from 2 months ago back then so I lost alot of progress then.

Since then i saved ALL my projects in seperate save saves, not autosave, no each build had one save. Now today, i want to start streaming again, and guess what? None of my houses want to load, they return me to my map selection screen each time. Even my families, so i thought, ok, lets load the file that i used 3 days ago. see if that works, guess what? It did the exact same thing. For some reason, even the save games from 3 days ago do not want to function anymore and i might have lost my entire neighboorhood this time! Is there a way to fix this save game so i dont loose all my data again, or am I loosing my stuff forever again?... Since this is the second time this happened, did someone else have this issue and how did you fix it? I am now reinstalling my entire sims game from scratch in the hope this will fix the save games, but i fear it will not!

mETeT9z.jpg

Check out my buildings on the gallery under my name or on my building showcase! http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/794210/j0l1990-s-building-showcase/p3
To find me on the gallery, look for J0L1990 thats the number 0, not an O!
Post edited by jol1990 on

Comments

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited May 2015
    sorry Jol :( see this bug thread for suggestions and add to it if you cant fix http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ISSUE-Loading-family-just-loads-Map-again-Need-your-bugged-save/td-p/4137595 good luck
  • jol1990jol1990 Posts: 257 Member
    edited May 2015
    up==+
    Post edited by jol1990 on
    mETeT9z.jpg

Check out my buildings on the gallery under my name or on my building showcase! http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/794210/j0l1990-s-building-showcase/p3
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    sorry Jol :( see this bug thread for suggestions and add to it if you cant fix http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ISSUE-Loading-family-just-loads-Map-again-Need-your-bugged-save/td-p/4137595 good luck

You cannot fix the file that has the bug sadly enough, the only thing you can do is isolate the bugged save file and get rid of it, empty your entire save file and only put the saves that you had before the bugged file. do not trust autosaves at all! Share this thread to everyone you know so they know that after every build they are making you have to save it to the library to stop you from loosing your build entirely like i had and you can paste the build back in to your older save! Save every time you make a new build!
    mETeT9z.jpg

• simmeroliviasimmerolivia Posts: 199 Member
    edited May 2015
    This happened to me, too. I have been playing off an old save for a little while, but after reading your post I think I'm going to just start over. Any ideas what causes this error? How were you able to pin down the date when your save became corrupted and know that anything before that point was safe? Did you just work off the last save that loaded properly?
    edited May 2015
    This happened to me, too. I have been playing off an old save for a little while, but after reading your post I think I'm going to just start over. Any ideas what causes this error? How were you able to pin down the date when your save became corrupted and know that anything before that point was safe? Did you just work off the last save that loaded properly?

you just go down the list of your recent saves, the ones that dont work you bin, the ones that work will load properly, I do not know what causes this issue though, not even the sims team as far as i know. It seems to only happen after i installed get to work. But yeah. you kinda know wich save is the corrupt one since your game worked before you closed the game the day or week before, depends when you played last, so you find the save that you used to load BEFORE the latest save.

Also you dont need to start completely new. Just make another manual save or 2 just in case one of them gets corrupted =D no need to start over when you have a working one at the moment
    mETeT9z.jpg