Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What new activity based pack would you like to see?

CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
Anything new you'd like to see added to the game?
Post edited by CorkysPetals on

What new activity based pack would you like to see? 149 votes

Artist Colony: A small town where scupture, ceramics, glass blowing are learned.
17%
rudy8292rudolphancisGibbs02simgirl1010mildredalienmollybrooke22ClassicalSimEmmaVanemscosmoBreazonaDaniRose2143KokoaMilkllejenasuvoltaAmapola76amber_ilumiredominoes007CelticlassduriankindEternalSunshine 26 votes
Band/music Camp: A place to lean new and old instruments, form bands, compete.
24%
alan650111bekiGoodywoodPlayerSinger2010imhappyIsb917simternetmasterRamblineRose12JEREMIAFinvolawormofthebookbixtersLeccaDrago97232XxAirixXannaliese39cyncieEvaliynInternal_ChaosSusim62 36 votes
Sports Camp: Learn gymnastics, acrobatics, volley ball, soccar. Extreme obstacle course competion.
7%
alexspoom13Paigeisin5akuheikomatsuKhrisstyneChadSims2Vines12EnkiSchmidtbirdonawireDOKKOMChatoncarpe_diem 11 votes
Underwater Adventue: Underwater(!) scuba diving, exploration, sea life and underwater homes.
12%
crocobauraCopperBoltcatloverplayerLizzychicagodavina1221BabykittyjadeLatinaBunnyCeridwenQuaayRedShoe7Louise_G0325AdilogionGlacierSnowWispyeZussageChildrenofhurinCalico45JAL 19 votes
Space Station Sims: Life aboard a space station obiting high above SimWorld
11%
CK213imelfamilyKironidegc6164GracieO312Cynel1SilentKittysinnyonceAtreya33RememberJoycody6268coogee78Rhain420DalekFridayVeeDubEleriHillOfTara 17 votes
Back to the Past: Travel back and experience life BEFORE simstagram! Before electricity and showers! Medieval Times.
24%
Bluegayleauroraael14BreeSashaMichelleWSimsILikeSimsKelleygirlmaggiemae8135JestTruloubyloulouYautjagirlDarcVader1mueller_litegreydonnashcrash19taydevjcp011c2Felicity1169DoloresGreyOnverserSheriSim57 36 votes
Return to the Future: Kind of like TS3. Life with jet packs, airboards and virtual pets.
2%
StarfreeAuronoiChieftainPatriceAreeds23 4 votes
VirtualSimSports: Do your sims get enough play time? Have them enter and compete in 3d virtual games. It metas a lot.
0%

Comments

• VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I almost picked the Bands/music one, but I'd prefer that musical themes be included as a part of general life for our sims, not just a place they can go. Besides, I've never been fond of "camps" of any kind in real life, so I doubt I'd like them in a game. However, the space station one could work, because I wouldn't expect just anyone to have the potential skill or ability to qualify for and/or succeed in such an environment.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,373 Member
    Underwater Adventue: Underwater(!) scuba diving, exploration, sea life and underwater homes.
    I would love an underwater world with large aquariums and jellyfish. And sunken pirate ships or maybe even a sunken city to explore. Other options also sound nice and would be lovely to have, especially the artist colony, sports camp and space colony. Speaking of sports, I think it would be nice if sims could have a marathon day and run around the neighbourhood, or a tough mudder type race, or a wife carrying race. Also things like chess competitions or dribbling competitions. Also mountain bikes and trails and races.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    ALL OF THE ABOVE!
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I've never been fond of "camps" of any kind in real life, so I doubt I'd like them in a game.

It could be anything that was music based, the camp part isn't important. New venue types could be added where you could meet other musicians and form a goup. Something long the lines of TS3 Showtime. Even a recording studio.

• VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I've never been fond of "camps" of any kind in real life, so I doubt I'd like them in a game.

It could be anything that was music based, the camp part isn't important. New venue types could be added where you could meet other musicians and form a goup. Something long the lines of TS3 Showtime. Even a recording studio.

Those sound good. I don't know anything about TS3 Showtime, but what you mentioned there would be of potential interest to me. :)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Other:
    Fantasy pack Ride your own unicorns or dragons, tame them, befriend them, care for them. Along with fairies as a lifestate.
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Back to the Past: Travel back and experience life BEFORE simstagram! Before electricity and showers! Medieval Times.
    Is there an option for everything? I mean they said years to come... >:)
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Other:
    Fantasy pack Ride your own unicorns or dragons, tame them, befriend them, care for them. Along with fairies as a lifestate.

In addition to this, the time travel one, underwater exploration and the crafting one were my favs.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    This was the most appealing thing I saw, but being quite honest none of them had me pining.

I don't think time travel (past or future) will be handled well in 4 for numerous reasons posted in threads elsewhere and I greatly dislike the current vacation system that would be used and abused to do it.

Hobbies in general don't sound too bad, though. I am also all about food, animals, plants, and occults so anything about them is something I would want.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,625 Member
    I really want, bands because I usually play a lot of musician sims. I don’t want band camp, though. I want pro bands with gigs and performing venues, similar to TS3 Showtime.

Second choices would be time travel packs.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,792 Member
    Artist Colony: A small town where scupture, ceramics, glass blowing are learned.
    I am torn between band camp and artist colony. I want bands and I really want an active singer career, but the idea of an artist colony is too much to pass up. I love art and creativity, making things of beauty, so a pack like that really draws me in. I love the new skills listed too. Glassblowing is fascinating and would be a great addition to the game. Same with ceramics, that's one that speaks to me. To have a setting where sims can do that while sharing creative energy and inspiration would be fun.

All the pack ideas listed sound like a lot of fun, and I would enjoy any one of them thoroughly.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    Underwater World.
  • akuheikomatsuakuheikomatsu Posts: 79 Member
    Sports Camp: Learn gymnastics, acrobatics, volley ball, soccar. Extreme obstacle course competion.
    So while I want the band camp and artist alley, I feel like sports are always really neglected in the Sims. I’m not an athletic person at all (my sports are bowling and axe throwing), I’d love to see more sports in TS4. I’d love to be able to go to sporting events too.
  • Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    I really like all these ideas. If the more realistic gameplay could be given to us via gamepacks then I would save the expansion packs for more of the unique and exotic gameplay like underwater world (chance for enhanced mermaids), medieval times, and futuristic world (like Sims 3).

Note: I still want hotels, houseboats, and a Generations / Dating pack before this series ends.
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    Well, I would like the artist hobbies, but I would not be interested in another small suburban town, we already have a ton of those. I want a new city, or a world of just nature (no roads, just lots, trees, mountains, water).

I also like the bands, and the sports but I don't want a camp for either of them.

The EP I would want most is one that has never been done, and it is house flipping. I want to be able to buy houses, upgrade them, and resell them. I have wanted it for ages. A girl can dream. Flipping furniture in the game is my favorite career as well.

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    The like the artist colony the best. 😎
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    I actually think that EA is scared to give us a gameplay pack that lacks a world. But I agree that we already have enough suburban worlds. I would appreciate one more city world that comes with hotels / dating. Then, I would love three Expansion packs that feature the other exotic types mentioned -- underwater world, medieval world (remember horses), and a futuristic/space hybrid.

I would be willing to buy a Gamepack that has more gameplay in it to make up for lack of a world. Seasons and Generations show that it can be profitable to have a pack lacking a world. Also how about opening up the existing base game worlds with additional neighborhoods with more empty lots? I'd totally appreciate that than another suburban world. That would work better with hobbies / sports gameplay.

I love the idea of house flipping as a Gamepack. Or maybe a GTW Refresh?
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I spent far too much time thinking about my answer…

I went with space in the end because I desperately want aliens improved. I think it would be cool to combine a futuristic world/elements with space travel.

I really want improved mermaids though too so the underwater theme would be a very, very close second place. After that it would be a medieval times pack. I want to build castles!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    1. Back to the Past with an historic world to live for a sim
    2. Return to the Future with a futuristic world to live for a sim
    3. Space Station with a new big Alien World for Aliens & Hybrids to live on
    4. Underwater Adventure with an Underwater World for Mermaids to live in
  • fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    It was a toss up between art colony or bands but I like the idea of having a sexy glass blowing male Sim or something. Plus the colony/commune feel would mesh well with other packs like eco living. An African themed world would work well also with ceramics and sculpture. You could have a swimmable river and dig up clay on the banks.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,322 Member
    I'd pretty much be interested in all of those ideas. But I was disappointed that the scuba-diving in Island Living doesn't actually take us underwater like it does in Sims 3. And I've always wanted to build underwater homes for my mermaids. So if they actually managed to create a way to do that, I'd be overjoyed. It would require a lot of new animations and interactions, so I'm willing to pay for it.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Give me new instruments for the love of God. The Sims has always been terrible with the lack of selections.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    Medieval pack for sure!
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I agree with @Chicklet453681 I want them all!
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited May 2022
    All of the above.

I picked the crafts one though, because they are not only a hobby activity, but a potential career too.