Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Henford-on-Bagley World Discussion Thread

Comments

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Will the world have custom generated townies with unique names like in Sulani and Mt. Komorebi?

I hope so. The vast majority of NPCs in my game have hispanic names, which I'm not keen on. I crave for some British names.

• kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    scoed1227 wrote: »
    Personally I am hoping one of the two empty lots is the 64<64 lot. We do not have a empty lot of that size and I hate bulldozing pre-made lots especially if Sims live there. I love the look of the world. I am hoking to build an off the grid witch's cottage. In a remote lot.

I need to make an actual starter save file for myself, since I spend so much time at the start of every game rearranging where families live, rebuilding family trees, putting down renovated versions of Maxis lots or completely changing the neighborhoods, etc. I expect I'll probably move some of the HOB families to Glimmerbrook or Windenberg, and then maybe moving some of the other families into different houses.
    Will the world have custom generated townies with unique names like in Sulani and Mt. Komorebi?

Maybe it'll do me the favor of rebalancing the the randomly-generated townies to not be mostly albinos with Japanese names.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

I hope so. The vast majority of NPCs in my game have hispanic names, which I'm not keen on. I crave for some British names.

There had better be a Jones and/or a Smith family!
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

Same here.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Except from the Crumplebottoms I don't plan to keep any premades, at least they need to have very interesting back stories. I have 5-6 households ready to move to HonD, either I already played them elsewhere pretending they lived in a countryside district, or they will move there as farm workers (for training) or some to see if running a small farm would match their dreams. I even fond that Daniel and Mary-Sue Pleasant will be among the locals (Angela and Lilith are in my game already) - they moved there as elders although Mary-Ann hesitated, but liked the idea of a perfect cottage garden and winning some local contests ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    I am not so fond of gc buildings, they have a tendancy to overdecorate their buildings, I want empty shells that I can adjust to the Sims living there.

The gc won't be able to go overboard too much, because there are certain limitations and guidelines for the in-game builds.

I'm glad that this time around it seems that the British gc are doing the builds. Can't say that I like the builds of the Snowy Escape much, while it seems that the person who build the world did their fair share of research (even if it was applied with many liberties) the builds don't have the same kind of feel, it's more like the gc were trying to show their own personality instead of the personality of the world. It's not wrong, but for me I would prefer it if the builds would feel a bit more authentic to the location. I really like the look of Henford-on-Bagley's pub tho, so hopefully the other buildings also have similar feel on the inside.
  • pendragon1980pendragon1980 Posts: 436 Member
    Except from the Crumplebottoms I don't plan to keep any premades, at least they need to have very interesting back stories.

Is crumplebottom a NPC or a pre-made? It'll be interesting because I have crumplebottom as a playable in my game so we definitely might have a crump on crump altercation in the near future.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited June 2021
    AmeliaTodd wrote: »
    Personally I am hoping one of the two empty lots is the 64<64 lot. We do not have a empty lot of that size and I hate bulldozing pre-made lots especially if Sims live there. I love the look of the world. I am hoking to build an off the grid witch's cottage. In a remote lot.

The 64x64 lot is not empty, Devon Bumpkin has confirmed to have build on it, it's a residential, but so far it's unclear if anyone of the premades is living in it.

That is bad news. I don't know anything about Devon Bumpkin but I am sure he did a fine job building it. Just, I wanted to have an empty 64x64 lot. There is so few of them and none of them are empty. Oh well, At least they had someone who cares build it, some of the maxis made lots aren't even functional so this game changer built lots is such an upgrade. If the unbuilt lots are small they will be useless to me, so I hope at least one will be larger. We have plenty of smaller sized lots to build on.

I need that 64x64 lot for a build I had temporarily in another world. So I will need to delete Mr Bumpkin's build, too. Is t not possible moving it to a slightly smaller lot? I realize some of the build will go lost, but if there is lots of farming fields, the build might still be a good one if some land is cut off. But will it be possible?

@Simmerville I've moved houses to smaller lots, but the house itself was small enough to fit, all I lost was some of the landscaping in the side and back yard. I have no idea what would happen if the house itself is too big to move onto the lot. You choose the lot/house you want to move and you'll see an outline of the house, etc, superimposed over the new lot as you move the mouse over it, and you can turn the house sideways if necessary to make it fit. They'll find the door/mailbox on the side, although it may look odd with the road/lane placement. I've moved houses farther back on a lot, too, so I could have a bigger entrance.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Going by things the gurus have tweeted, here's how I think the 3 neighbourhoods will be set up:

- Town neighbourhood (where all the shops etc will be, as well as maybe one or two small residential lots?)
    - Countryside neighbourhood (where the big rural lots will be for our farm homesteads)
    - Forest neighbourhood (where we can forage for foods, make friends with bunnies/birds, and maybe visit the ruins?)

The forest neighbourhood seems like a good place for a public venue like a park, so sims can picnic and explore.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2021
    Here is one of the locations in HOB and by the way Romeo confirmed the house near the waterfall is a starter home.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I hope the forest neighbourhood will have trails and pathways instead of streets for the most part. A timeless habitable forest world (or neighbourhood) similar to Granite Falls would be great to have, because as much as I love Glimmerbrook, the modern-looking streets and driveways make it hard to pretend you're in the middle of nowhere.
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    Except from the Crumplebottoms I don't plan to keep any premades, at least they need to have very interesting back stories.

Is crumplebottom a NPC or a pre-made? It'll be interesting because I have crumplebottom as a playable in my game so we definitely might have a crump on crump altercation in the near future.

• MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    HOB is my new favourite world. I mean, come on! It looks like a more realistic Glimmerbrook almost. In general it's a-stunnin'.
  • Jennifer_Jennifer_ Posts: 42 Member
    So excited to see the map, can't wait.

Wondering if the house on the left is a playable lot, would love a tiny cottage on the river.

Screen-Shot-2021-06-22-at-16-43-26.png

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    edited June 2021
    I am not so fond of gc buildings, they have a tendancy to overdecorate their buildings, I want empty shells that I can adjust to the Sims living there.

The thing that bothers me about gc buildings is that some use so much moo, on windows and placement of big items and stuff that it makes it so hard to change things around when I want to add something from another pack I have problems.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Didn't one of the Simguru's say that the lot on the green hill is the starter home?
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Didn't one of the Simguru's say that the lot on the green hill is the starter home?

I think they referred to the larger overview picture (end of trailer) with the waterfall.

HonB map, we want you! Leak, leak, leak!!!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    Well, I do so hope that little cottage up the green hill is an actual playable lot. I just love it.

Yes Romeo.

I think they referred to the larger overview picture (end of trailer) with the waterfall.

HonB map, we want you! Leak, leak, leak!!!

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    edited June 2021
    I hope the forest neighbourhood will have trails and pathways instead of streets for the most part. A timeless habitable forest world (or neighbourhood) similar to Granite Falls would be great to have, because as much as I love Glimmerbrook, the modern-looking streets and driveways make it hard to pretend you're in the middle of nowhere.

I feel the same, I love the pine tree’s in glimmerbrook, but it is just too put together instead of each lot being out in nowhere.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I really hope we get an interactive map like we did with mt komorebi I really liked that feature. It helped me pre-plan what to build, demolish and move lots around for the world I want.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

The thing that bothers me about gc buildings is that some use so much moo, on windows and placement of big items and stuff that it makes it so hard to change things around when I want to add something from another pack I have problems.

I don't think they are allowed to use moo in what they build for the packs
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
    Oh good it is true. So extremely happy. :p Now, I just have to try to figure out which of my sims household to live in the hidden little lot. I have an old save Vampire/Spellcaster with her dark greenhouse garden or my most recent Spellcaster part Elf part Hobbit with her Hobbit Cottage. Eniee meeie minie mo. Lol :D:p
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

I don't think they are allowed to use moo in what they build for the packs

They did use MOO in the builds for Snowy Escape.