Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

June Patch Speculation Thread 2021(Out Now))

Comments

• kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    The Laundry list was apparently released today. The staircase routing and plant bugs seem to be top concerns

I'm really hoping they fix the stairs bug
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
    • Pond tool
    • "Lot Challenge" system
    • Group activities (cooking, ...) ???

Wow I think how they did the tiny living lots could be a lot challenge. I thought we were just getting one but it seems like we're getting at least another related to wild foxes
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    When do you guys think, we will get the patch?
  • MandyPandy111MandyPandy111 Posts: 22 Member
    My guess is we'll get the update the 29th as we seem to be getting the laundry list 10 days to two weeks beforehand. I'm wondering if we are getting anything special with this update or if it's just going to be bug fixes. It occurred to me that this year we've seen some really great additions with just about very update so far.
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

Same, I've been putting off building for a bit because of it.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    My guess is we'll get the update the 29th as we seem to be getting the laundry list 10 days to two weeks beforehand. I'm wondering if we are getting anything special with this update or if it's just going to be bug fixes. It occurred to me that this year we've seen some really great additions with just about very update so far.

Were getting more content. This is only wave 2 of 3 of the Summer stuff. Probably some stuff for LGBT and possibly the Calendar added to the base game.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    About Calendar, we don't know why and when they plan to add it the basegame.

Probably soon. If not in June then July because it was leaked 1 or 2 months ago.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited June 2021
    It could be like the Photography skill, be added to the basegame but used later :
    • 2015 EP01 Get To Work
    • 2017 Game update
    • 2019 Moschino Stuff

Calendar :
    • 2018 EP05 Seasons
    • 2021 Game update ?
    • ???
    We might get the patch this week but if not it will be next week.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2021
    My only concern is there won’t be an option to turn the calendar off.
    I’ve managed without a calendar in my game since I bought it. I didn’t get Seasons.
    I hope the calendar isn’t something we’ll need for future games, which is why we need it?

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
    My only concern is there won’t be an option to turn the calendar off.
    I’ve managed without a calendar in my game since I bought it. I didn’t get Seasons.
    I hope the calendar isn’t something we’ll need for future games, which is why we need it?

It might be so sims can plan dates,weddings,honeymoons etc.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I wish things were going a bit faster with these updates. I've been avoiding the last couple of updates until I can update my mods all at once rather than go through all of them three times. Then it will happen again after the pre-CL update next month. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate the bug fixes or whatever new content is included in the patches and updates. The bug fixes are especially important when I will be able to get rid of the bug fixing mods I have been using.

I wasn't aware they were planning to include the calendar in the CL update, making it available to everyone. If that's an update for the base game, they must be planning to add new events/holidays from past and future packs? That's an interesting thought because even though I use the calendar a lot, it would be nice to have more versatility in the types of holidays/events we can have. But only if the teams also add more traditions, of course.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I wish things were going a bit faster with these updates. I've been avoiding the last couple of updates until I can update my mods all at once rather than go through all of them three times. Then it will happen again after the pre-CL update next month. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate the bug fixes or whatever new content is included in the patches and updates. The bug fixes are especially important when I will be able to get rid of the bug fixing mods I have been using.

I wasn't aware they were planning to include the calendar in the CL update, making it available to everyone. If that's an update for the base game, they must be planning to add new events/holidays from past and future packs? That's an interesting thought because even though I use the calendar a lot, it would be nice to have more versatility in the types of holidays/events we can have. But only if the teams also add more traditions, of course.

This is why I haven't played my modded game. Decades challenge is on hold until I can get a moment to update them.

So for now I just scroll through the forums and see what news there is. I am however, very happy they are addressing the bugs and getting them released more frequently. The fixes are much appreciated.

I am curious as to what new items they might add. I know the pond tool isn't coming until the EP release patch.
    WbUrFQm.png
    The June Update maybe related to this upcoming even just tweeted from The Sims.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Is it Summer of Love?
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Is it Summer of Love?

They had the one with the LGBT Sims yesterday. I haven't heard of a Summer Of Love.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I would like bugs fixed, more likes/dislikes added and an end to goofballs pranking toilets.
    We'll either get a patch tomorrow with a livestream or next week. Next week is the last week in June.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2021
    We'll either get a patch tomorrow with a livestream or next week. Next week is the last week in June.
    I’m hoping it’s with the livestream 🥺. I’d like to know more about the calendar. There definitely needs to be more likes and dislikes added.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    There's a livestream tomorrow? Ugh, I'm missing so much. Have they said what they're streaming? And what time will it be?
    WbUrFQm.png
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

There's a livestream tomorrow? When was this announced?
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    We're apparently riding 3 waves of Base Game updates. I would say that the Like/Dislike feature was one of them.

The next, I do not know. Base Game updates are not automatically good or big.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.