Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Expansion Do You Play With The Most?

I'm busy doing things to keep me sane while waiting for the components for my new PC build and this poll just so happens to be one of those things. So, what Sims 3 expansion pack do you actively play with the most? I think I play with Pets the most.
original.gif
Just a little Smile.

What Expansion Do You Play With The Most? 65 votes

World Adventures
6%
emorrillphantasmkissmw1525comicsforlife 4 votes
Ambitions
9%
SimplyJenstargurudw4518Nikkei_SimmerpuzzlezaddictDylanJ10000 6 votes
Late Night
9%
akaniki0hellokitty1496Sigzy05ZeiOugonmusoufloral 6 votes
Generations
18%
Me1620zagboorulesMagnezonetexxx78Strawberry100Noree_DoreeDestin2016Chi5678SimMin94ingridmfJd060107_simmercollrrn 12 votes
Pets
3%
EarcatTalonflare 2 votes
Showtime
1%
ayXavier 1 vote
Supernatural
16%
PlayerSinger2010Amphorailovejewel17Anmirlalisasc360deskitaCelebrityWizardStephStebSims4MagicalTalesBrandontaylorBizarring 11 votes
Seasons
24%
EvalenGraceyManorApparentlyAwesomekiara07jillbglalalandgirlfriendbecks1112pixiegamerdakota2458KelvinZeeGeeBerryCharmingdavidbowieIVXXXVIBobbiliciousmuckleberri 16 votes
University Life
7%
LadyMeldaEvaKoukAvataritXDSelenaPotterInga 5 votes
Island Paradise or Into The Future
3%
nolurksmurf45blue 2 votes

Comments

• CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    I have all of them installed and they are a part of my gameplay all the time, so I don't think about it much. But the features I enjoy the most I think come from Generations, Seasons, Late Night and Pets. :smile:

A new PC build? Yay! I hope building it will go smoothly and that you will enjoy it and the performance. :smiley:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • TalonflareTalonflare Posts: 47 Member
    Pets
    Yeah, I share the same sentiments. I may play with the Pets expansion the most but all the expansions play their role in my gameplay. Also thanks for your well wishes! I'm quite excited to get to building; the wait for the parts has been excruciating, I must say.
    original.gif
    Just a little Smile.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I play with all, why was that not a choice?
  • TalonflareTalonflare Posts: 47 Member
    Pets
    bekkasan wrote: »
    I was going to make it a choice, but the poll creation only allows for ten options and I thought it was more important to have the individual expansion packs as choices.

original.gif
    Just a little Smile.
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Supernatural
    I have them all but don't play Pets or Showtime (although I'm getting ready to reinstall it...I had uninstalled it bc of the cars/limo spawning was getting out of control, but I miss it! lol) I *have* to have Supernatural installed at all times. I just love it!
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    Ambitions
    I kind of wanted to say the same thing, since I play with everything installed and every EP adds value to each of my saves. I wouldn’t want to remove any of them.

But the question encouraged me to scrutinize my use of each EP’s features and objects. I was initially leaning towards Supernatural due to my frequent use of alchemy and fortunetelling, witches and fairies, and love of all the magical things.

However, I ended up going with Ambitions because the vast majority of my Sims are self-employed, and a consignment store in every save is a must-have for me. Many of my Sims have also pursued the inventing and sculpting skills or one of the Ambitions professions. And Twinbrook, with its swampy bayous rife with willows and banyans, is one of my favorite EP worlds. Quite a few of my Sims, especially my steampunk inventors, have spent many enjoyable hours there inventing and mining. And blowing stuff up! :tongue:
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    World Adventures
    Although I own all of the EPs, I think I like 'World Adventures' the most. For me, it is a perfect compliment to the base game. I can expand every base game career plus, create a few new ones with the objects that come in this pack. I can also tell stories with more depth because of the variety of new Sims.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited April 2020
    Seasons
    I play with them all except Supernatural, But I will say that Seasons is always available, love seasons. I play with all pks on, own them all escept Supernatural. Love the Sims 3.
    Post edited by Evalen on
  • Chi5678Chi5678 Posts: 268 Member
    Generations
    I wanted to pick all of the above haha. I always play with all expansions, because otherwise I'll be mid playing and wish I had something from another expansion. I've heard of a challenge before though where you play through generations and each new generation you get to add in another expansion.. Tempted to try playing that way xD I think I like generations the most, but I use features from pretty much all of them in the beginning of every new save.
    hLhdCsO.jpg
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Supernatural
    Chi5678 wrote: »
    I've heard of a challenge before though where you play through generations and each new generation you get to add in another expansion.. Tempted to try playing that way xD

That sounds fun, now I want to try it!

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    World Adventures

@bekkasan Ditto. That would've been my choice if it was available. ;)

I voted WA because whenever my Sims wanna do something fun, I'll send them to a vacation spot. :blush:

(At least they can go on vacation and not worry about catching a global virus... :pensive: I'm so envious of my Sims right now.)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited April 2020
    I can't really answer this one. I have all the packs installed and couldn't really tell you what features I use the most. It all depends on the save and what i'm feeling at the moment i'm playing.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    Generations
    As Cororon posted, I have all of them installed and many features from various packs are a part of my gameplay all the time. Also, similar to fruitsbasket101, which expansion's features I am using depends on my current save. However, I chose Generations because I like the interactions that Generation added to the game within the family. Currently, I am focusing on playing careers that my sims have never reached level 10. So, I am using many of the features from Ambitions right now.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Ambitions
    1. Ambitions
    2. Seasons (have to have it on)
    3. Pets.
    4. Supernatural.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • IngaInga Posts: 9 New Member
    University Life
    fave:
    1. Pets
    2. seasons
    3. university life
    4. generations
    5. late night

The more realistic pacs the better. I do play with supernatural but only in fantasy-specific worlds. I do a lot of work-arounds to keep my "realistic worlds" clean. Like setting the moon to a fixed state. Disabling supernatural beings, Nraas any supernatural npc's still in the world. I take them to edit mode and change them back to human as an example.

On the flipside I avoid realistic features in fantasy worlds as much as I can. Haha idk why I feel the need to do all this
  • EvaKoukEvaKouk Posts: 340 Member
    University Life
    Hello everyone! I only have University Life and Island Paradise installed, I think I use features from both expansions equally but I went for University life because I tend to play with families a lot and going at University with a young adult every now and then really spices things up and helps a lot with having fun and building a bond with a specific sim from the family you're playing! It's a shame though, I think, that noone chooses Island Paradise, I love everything about it, if only the world and some of the gameplay it comes with wasn't so laggy! Anyways, I think maybe when I buy more packs I'll be hooked on Generations and Ambitions more! Happy simming! :)
    Hey! Don't be a stranger!

My Page - My Studio - My Massive Thank You Thread

All the love as always! x
  • ZeiZei Posts: 254 Member
    Late Night
    I play with a lot of EP elements except for Showtime and very rarely Ambitions, IP and ITF. I don't like the fact that they were like stand-alone adventure packs, instead of general game packs that can be easily integrated into "normal" gameplay.
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    edited April 2020
    Late Night
    I have them all installed and never uncheck any of them, but I mostly live in Bridgeport. Also always use supernatural. My other go to world is Grey Meadow by Quailhogs.
  • MagnezoneMagnezone Posts: 212 Member
    Generations
    Generations, purely because it adds so many passive in the background kind of perks. many of the others i rotate between as they don't work for certain playstyles. i.e. Supernatural, Into the Future, Showtime. The only packs I perma have on as they work for any play style are Seasons, Generations, Uni, Late Night and Ambitions, and out of those I use features from Generations the most.
    My blog full of things that never get finished!
    XVlamuQ.png
    Magnezone, the lover of Calientes, Lotharios, Landgraabs and Curiouses everywhere.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    Supernatural
    I chose Supernatural as I love the content and supernatural beings. I also use a lot of what's in the other expansions as well... :)
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I can't really decide to be honest, because there are some packs I play an equal amount of time. My most used packs are World Adventures (not necessarily the actual vacation destinations, but I use it with NRaas Traveler to travel to other neighborhoods), Supernatural (I have so many supernaturals in my game I lost count), Into the Future (I like to play with plumbots, because they're just so useful for doing chores, also I LOVE Oasis Landing!), and Late Night just for the professional bars alone (I always make sure to convert hangouts to bars so my sims have a place to party at).
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • nolurknolurk Posts: 249 Member
    Island Paradise or Into The Future
    I'm in the boat where technically, this is actually an almost impossible choice for me to really make as I not only love and heavily use the content in each pack but also incorporate the gameplay each pack introduced into my game very heavily. I ultimately chose Island Paradise in part because it seems to be the pack I had been playing the most with recently in terms of features it introduced as well as just the new world it gave us. However, so many on that list could easily have been up there as well! Had there been an option for all of the above, that actually would have been my choice but I also understand the 10 option limit came into play.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Generations
    I'd have to give it to generations but seasons would be right after. I'm a family player so anything that adds to that realistic spectrum is my thing. I ordered new copies of showtime and supernatural and just got Island Paradise from walmart the other day so I'm waddling in new waters with those packs and I cannot wait to see what they bring to the table. I think the only EP I wouldnt touch with a ten foot pole is into the future. I have played with it at a family members house and just didnt care for what it brought. Nor the idea of going back and forth in time. But who knows opinions can change 🤷‍♀️😂
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    I always have Seasons, Pets, Ambitions, Late Night, and Generations in the game. I have World Adventures, but I am waiting to actually put it in the game. The other EPs I never bought.
    The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

• CelebrityWizardCelebrityWizard Posts: 132 Member
    Supernatural
    I play with Supernatural the most because for me i don't find normal human sims interesting so i always make my sims a different life state. Plus the whole woodland magic supernatural mysterious aesthetic is something i really love and i always play in Moonlight Falls. The aspect of making life states straight from CAS has been the best thing ever and i've literally not used it unless i deliberately wanted a human sim to be turned naturally in the game.