Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Endure the trials

DrbigtDrbigt Posts: 222 Member
Prefix
I am a completionist and usually enjoy seeing every game at 100%. The point of this legacy challenge was born due to specifically tailored legacy challenge like this.

Background
You are the chosen one in a social experiment to reach the highest score, based on arbittuary numbers. Your legacy, your dynasty shall be the ones that may be destined for greatness. But just how high will you score on the numbers list?

The LIST

The idea of this challenge is really simple; you are supposed to reach as many achievements as you can with your dynasty. You'll gain the points as indicated in the list when you achieve them on this, however there's some rules:

Rules
  • New save is required!
  • You can start in any of the worlds and can move between the worlds
  • Your legacy starter has to be YA HUMAN. Create them using the story generator. You're allowed to make 5 CAS with the story generator and choose the one you like most, discard the others. You can edit their looks and such as you wish but keep their job, skills and aspirations that you obtain this way. You can CAS other people like mates and friends too, you're not restricted to just using townies.
  • Aging has to be set on with lifespan set to normal. Cakes or other means of forwarding ages for children, toddlers and babies is not allowed. Teens and above can be aged up as you wish.
  • You are allowed to youngify your dynasty members via potions, fountains, etc. In fact it's encouraged for an optimal score.
  • Deathflowers and other bypassing the death is allowed, as long as it's built into the game and not from a mod or a cheat.
  • Mods and CC is allowed as long as it's not cheating and breaking the game (Such as inifinite money, no deaths or moodlet solvers, etc.)
  • Absolutely no cheating!!!
  • You can't change your founder aspiration until they have obtained it

Scoring
The list has the base score for each achievement however, when it comes to the actual scoring you'll have to do the following
  • Whenever you obtain achievement after your starter, you'll reduce the score of that achievement by 10, after each generation. For example, if I'd receive Cast Away on my 3rd Generation rather than the first, I'd have to do 50-20 so that'd mean I'd only get 30 points. This score can't go into negatives and bottoms out at 0.
  • EXCEPTION TO THE ABOVE RULE: Full House, Ghost Family, Baby Boom, Knack of All Trades, Serial Monogamist, The Alphabet Legacy, Legacy Leader, Legacy Player and Legendary Legacy do not have the above reductions. Alphabet Legacy, Legacy Leader, Legacy Play and Legendary Legacy due to them literally requiring you to go through multiple generations and thus would be impossible to achieve.
    Full House and Ghost Family are also left out, because it would be really inconvenient and annoying to have to pull on first generation. Knack of All Trades is also left out because otherwise you'd have to keep leaving high end jobs for petty jobs and that'd be annoying. This challenge is meant to drive you towards something, not to annoy you.
    Serial Monogamist is left out because it's impossible to do on one generational household, due to the very nature of the achievement.
  • Spouses earning achievements counts, refer to their generational partner for the score (if Married to 5th generation dynasty, reduce 40 points from achievement)

Recommended mod
https://deaderpool-mccc.com/

The MCCC features many things that can help with the storyline and to help progress the world around your dynasty, to help make the game far more fun and enjoyable. While it does have few functions that do count as technically cheating, just use your own direction and refrain from using them and it's a decent mod for storyline progressions.

Do you dare partake in this crazy journey? Share your stories and plans and your scores.

UPDATE HISTORY:

6/4/2020
Added Serial Monogamist to the exceptions list, due to the nature of the achievement making it impossible to achieve under single dynasty.
Post edited by Drbigt on

Comments

• PhillipaErdnussPhillipaErdnuss Posts: 74 Member
    @Drbigt thanks to the Friday highlights I came across your thread. Wonderful idea👍👏
    Since I started another challenge two weeks ago, I marked the thread for a future challenge. Hope to read in the meantime how others are doing with this nice challenge-idea 😀
    Phillipa Erdnuss
    Mayoress of SimCity and all associated districts
    Let this cart-button disappear!
  • DrbigtDrbigt Posts: 222 Member
    @Drbigt thanks to the Friday highlights I came across your thread. Wonderful idea👍👏
    Since I started another challenge two weeks ago, I marked the thread for a future challenge. Hope to read in the meantime how others are doing with this nice challenge-idea 😀

So glad to hear! I can't wait to see your take on the challenge. :)

I'll do my own take on the challenge later too and share it here.
  • PhillipaErdnussPhillipaErdnuss Posts: 74 Member
    Well, I just played with my other challenge (BACC-style) but since I am not allowed to play any other sim than my founder it is some kind of boring. I think I give your challenge a try now :) The other challenge is maybe better to play with when I have less time.
    Phillipa Erdnuss
    Mayoress of SimCity and all associated districts
    Let this cart-button disappear!
    Okay, so I began to do the challenge myself. I rolled up five characters and picked up the one which came out as most interesting to me, I've picked one.

IgUF4yu.jpg

Meet Jordon Haley. He is a charismatic young man who has a passion for athletism. The go getter is ready to move in and make lots of new friends. He dreams of becoming a pro athlete one day and making it big.

1VosC11.png

With his starting money I was able to make a nice, comfortable home with all the necesities at the Bargain Bend.

zp2c4TT.png

My first aspiration was simply to get him to buff and it was achieved very quickly in few game days. I was hoping to get him to get the introvert achievement too but for some reason, I have always trouble triggering this even if I put the Sim into home all alone for days. Do receiving calls even when not picking them up count as social interaction or something? I did absolutely nothing social in multiple days and didn't get that achievement.

r3kcShb.png

Anyway, here he is just having reached his body building aspiration in his new training room.

Current points: 50
    w24KsFt.png

Jordon Haley was very happy how he was able to achieve his goal of becoming a pro athelete, he decided that he wanted to share this happiness with others and wanted to have as many friends as possible

rG96TUK.png

Jordon soon caught into his eyes a lovely young lady named Kayla. Kayla was also pro athlete and interested in same sort of things that he was. The two would become best friends and a bit of a romance was budding to build between the two even. It was around this time that Jordan started to become famous, Kayla was famous too which made papaparazzi haunt them but they didn’t mind.

2c7tlXx.png

Jordon’s birthday arrived so he invited all his friends over for a large celebration.

Current points: 135
  • waterproofcowplantwaterproofcowplant Posts: 20 Member
    I absolutely love the sound of this! I'm a bit of a completionist too so I'm definitely adding this to my list. Thank you! :)
    I absolutely love the sound of this! I'm a bit of a completionist too so I'm definitely adding this to my list. Thank you! :)

Thanks so much! Please share your story, it's really lonely being the only one to share story, haha.