Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you age at university?

Hey all! Seeing as games are on sale, I'm considering expansions today. I've searched around all over and cannot confirm whether Sims age at University, if there is a new life stage like previous game, or if time just sort of pauses?

My biggest concern is if aging continues, does the benefit of University out weigh the lost time of going directly to work?
D2vFwMN.jpg
My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison

Comments

• Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    Yes your Sim will age if you have ageing on. You can turn it off until you are ready to graduate. I have my settings on the longest lifespan +28 days in the year so I don't mind so much if Sims age while in Uni but I also reserve the choice of halting aging if I feel it needed.

If you mean by benefits how much social life your Sim will be able to have, well. It depends on how quickly you want them to finish and how well a grade you want them to have. You can enroll them with only one course a term if you want which gives them plenty of time for fun. My Sims average with 2-3 courses a term and one Sim of mine is juggling 2 courses and 2 organizations (the debate team and the Britechester cheer squad) and is doing quite well keeping up her grades. I expect her not to get less then A- in each courses.

• KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Stina1701A wrote: »
    Yes your Sim will age if you have ageing on. You can turn it off until you are ready to graduate. I have my settings on the longest lifespan +28 days in the year so I don't mind so much if Sims age while in Uni but I also reserve the choice of halting aging if I feel it needed.

If you mean by benefits how much social life your Sim will be able to have, well. It depends on how quickly you want them to finish and how well a grade you want them to have. You can enroll them with only one course a term if you want which gives them plenty of time for fun. My Sims average with 2-3 courses a term and one Sim of mine is juggling 2 courses and 2 organizations (the debate team and the Britechester cheer squad) and is doing quite well keeping up her grades. I expect her not to get less then A- in each courses.

Thanks for confirmation @Stina1701A ! The overall benefit of going to University (aside from just the experience of it) is a jump start in career, correct? I'm just wondering if the number of days it takes to get a degree actually makes that jump start worth it...I find early promotions easy to obtain in 2 days of work.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Karilan wrote: »
    Stina1701A wrote: »

Thanks for confirmation @Stina1701A ! The overall benefit of going to University (aside from just the experience of it) is a jump start in career, correct? I'm just wondering if the number of days it takes to get a degree actually makes that jump start worth it...I find early promotions easy to obtain in 2 days of work.

You start anywhere from around level 6 to 9 depending on your grades.

You so get a signing bonus or several thousand sjmoleons, as well as double the pay and double the vacation time. You also get the added skills from taking classes appropriate to your degree.

It's definitely worth it, just be sure to turn aging off.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Good to know, thanks @Zeldaboy180 those are much higher benefits than I was expecting. Picked up University!
    D2vFwMN.jpg