Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So I want to get City Living...

I really don't know if I should. I have some amazing stories in my game that can benefit from apartments, but I just don't really know if it's worth it.
Should I get it?
c22f90da185c99d211adfff586bffe45.png

Comments

• Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Are you interested in building your own apartments? Because you can't do that which is one of the biggest negatives associated with CL. And all of the apartments are restricted to one world; so every time you want to play in an apartment you have to go to that world.

I think CL is quite fun; it added lots of new content including skills, activities, foods, careers, lot traits, etc. And a lot of the CAS and BB is really fun too.

And if it's on sale right now, then I think you'll definitely be content with your decision because you'll get a lot for 19.99.
  • Options
    capturethemagiccapturethemagic Posts: 249 Member
    Are you interested in building your own apartments? Because you can't do that which is one of the biggest negatives associated with CL. And all of the apartments are restricted to one world; so every time you want to play in an apartment you have to go to that world.

I think CL is quite fun; it added lots of new content including skills, activities, foods, careers, lot traits, etc. And a lot of the CAS and BB is really fun too.

And if it's on sale right now, then I think you'll definitely be content with your decision because you'll get a lot for 19.99.

I think I will. For me, I'm not much of a builder, so more gameplay and CAS stuff is definitely something I wanted. I'll see what I can do!
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited January 2020
    I would say that, if you want to get any EP, it's much better to get it during the sales. With 50% off, why not? I won't hesitate to get it if I have the extra cash to spend on it. So far, it's an okay EP for me. New world, new careers, new aspirations, new townies to deal with, new death, new lot traits, etc.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    NEW DEATH? Can I ask what this death is?
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited January 2020
    I think CL mixed with GT is really fun because of GT's club system you can make like basketball clubs or karaoke clubs or whatever that CL brings. I've had both of those packs for a long time, and my brain finds it hard to distinguish between the two because their gameplay features integrate really well together in my opinion.

But yes, on sale, definitely grab it now. I'm about to buy Get Famous, and won't be too upset if I don't super love it because it's half priced.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited January 2020
    NEW DEATH? Can I ask what this death is?

Death by pufferfish. The sims can die if they eat this dish from a low level cooking skill. Some Simmers even build a restaurant and have this serve and starts killing their customers. ;) I believe the death is also applied to children.

ETA: I've forgot to mention that the ghost of the Sims will have a "ghost pufferfish" swimming inside them. :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    IM BUYING THIS.
  • Options
    ((found it for 16 pounds gonna go for it tommorrow))
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'd recommend it. It's one of my preferred packs, as I prefer the apartments to houses (though, I appreciate the benefits of houses). It's got great CAS and BB.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I like CL, you've got karaoke, a bunch of new foods, lots of new CAS and BB. Oh and death by pufferfish. Open a pufferfish restaurant, or throw a pufferfish dinner party! Haha. yes, kids can die from eating bad pufferfish too.
  • Options
    I love this. Kids are seriously lacking in deaths, in the least creepy way possible.
  • Options
    altg1229altg1229 Posts: 89 Member
    CL is one of my favorite packs, purely for the aesthetic!
  • Options
    epippi80epippi80 Posts: 9 New Member
    The CL events are super fun too!
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    It's well worth the money. I bought my copy on full price and I haven't regretted it and it's worth the hassle of the neighbourly disputes that can pop up if the friendship between neighbours ain't high enough (I find that the higher friendship between neighbours reduces the disturbances and the noise complaints), although I do sometimes enjoy the drama that can enfold. Once, in one building, even the kids got in on it.

I have a lot of households living in San Myshuno and it's usually my go to place when the younglings leave the nest and or graduate. The karioke machine, the festivals and the new food stalls all add up to the fun.
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Absolutely worth it! CL is my favourite pack of the entire series. Sounds like you've already decided to get it, so enjoy! :D
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    CL is one of my fave packs. Love the city atmosphere, with festivals and karaoke etc. Only drawback for me is that a city could need more community lots like various shops and galleries etc. There's not even a café or restaurant (because those were a GetTogether and DineOut thing). You can't easily build your own because there are too few community lots. Aside of that, the pack is quite cool and I play the world quite often.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg