Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't stop laughing...

I'm working on a micro home and before I do landscaping I'm playtesting. I am at a "death by murphy bed" of 3 Sims in a 30 tile home just by playtesting. LOL. I had to change out the bed to a twin to playtest the home. I would have left the urns in the home but there's not enough room. LOL. Ok, off to landscape.
"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame

Comments

• ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Wow, that's too funny! I haven't messed with it much but yikes!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,089 Member
    Everyone's sim is dying so easily. Just for fun, I made a household of 8 adults with 8 murphy beds and none of them died even though I had all 8 of them constantly put their beds up and down and sleep in them. I gave up after 3 sim days. I wanted mine to die and they didn't! lol
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I lost 2 Sims (rip to the homies) and now if I know I don't want a Sim to die, I will just go ahead and upgrade the bed. I have one household where my Sim has a roommate who sleeps on a Murphy bed and so I don't care if they die or not because they're just randoms. But I have another household where my Sim's teenage son sleeps on a Murphy bed in the basement and I don't want him to die so I upgraded the bed.

Sims seem to want to put the bed down autonomously (which is what kills them in my experience), but I haven't seen anyone try to autonomously put the bed up which is interesting.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Mine were all putting the bed down. Not upgraded. I put together a 4th Sim and put her in the house, she went straight for the bed. I paused the game in a panic and replaced the bed. I could have had a pretty decent graveyard though. Maybe I'll make my asylum save have all murphy beds and get 8 ghosties!
  • PurrrmeowPurrrmeow Posts: 30 Member
    I wonder if they really intended to have them die so easily or if it's something that they are going to patch out.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I'm pretty sure it will be patched to a lower kill rate. If Maxis history holds true. Although, I haven't seen too many people complaining. So, maybe it will stick around for a while.