Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Pelican Town to Sims Town" - A Stardew Valley, Sims 3 Fanfic

Comments

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @bekkasan You are FIRST! :mrgreen: And I always love it because I enjoy reading your comments immensely. <3
    Wow...what a great response to the flowers.
    ^It was a bit...overdramatic wasn't it? :lol: I think all these sweet little things Shane does are huge to her because of who he used to be, so she gets really excited about it. :blush:
    Yep. Shane had to have a good sense of humor underneath all that gruff. ;)
    It was the idea to get the reader not believing Leah's "clay in Elliott's hair" story. :lol: Then you come to find out it was actually true...and you also find out that they haven't had sex in a week (unlike what Shane had been thinking too!) :smirk: Tee hee!
    Thank you for the sweet compliment on my poses. :kissing_heart: Would you like the link to that one? I hope I can find it...
    It's such a pretty ride, it's a shame it only allows one in each.
    ^I know! I was so bummed when I saw that they couldn't get in a pod together... :( Oh well it gave me something humorous to write in. :mrgreen:
    Leah and Elliot are enjoying the balloon ride. What a great conversation for them to have. I think they would be alright if they had to stay as well.
    ^Thank you. :) And I feel the same...though I don't think that's in the Wizard's plan. ;)
    Had to giggle about Shane and Emily's love being more meaningful!
    ^Hee hee, yes. :blush: Wasn't that so sweet of him to say? <3
    Lol! It sure seems like a "who barfs first" contest. :lol:
    I laughed out loud at Shane continuing to eat the pie! Their pie faces are so funny.
    ^I did too when the contest was over and Emily and Elliott were standing there stiff while Shane continued to devour the pie. I mean the horn seriously sounded - ending it - and everything! :joy:
    Thank you for the lovely compliments. You are so sweet. :kissing_heart: I knew you would enjoy it. :blush:

Gonna tag some folks here who may have missed checking this thread cause I've been gone for a hot minute (forever):

@DivaDoodle @AlexaKry @Tamijo @meerkattime (Kevin, I know you saw it. ;) ) @ZeeGee @Brandontaylor @Bloosmoo (hope you are doing well. <3 ) @PurpleThistles @Destin2016 @CarbonCoffee14 @Hauk150

***If y'all would like me to tag you every time I post an update please let me know. :)

Thanks for reading! <3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    Wanted to share a couple of humorous outtakes from the last update. :lol:

Elliott struck this pose before the pie eating contest started...as if he already knew he was going to be the winner. ;)

Screenshot-19.jpg

I dunno why he kept being the winner at everything...it was kinda bugging me. :grimace:

Emily giving Elliott the "death stare" over his victory. :lol: (It looks all the more disturbing with the pie filling all over their faces! :joy: )

Screenshot-32.jpg

:p
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited June 2021
    @emorrill
    Sounds like Emily is being dramatic.XD I think it would be best
    to wait for the doctor to come in, but I'm no medical professional.XD
    At least its the doctor picking the lot, would be easier for him to explain.
    Looks like they filtered out a word.LOL
    Shane sounds like me when a doctor tries to help me.I'm all like get away!
    No poking me.LOL
    Hey Shane! Seizures are not good, trust me I know.
    I know Emily wants to get him help, but Harvey made the right call leaving.
    Give him some time to cool down.
    Think a lot of us hate doctors, shane, but they are here to help.Stop being
    such a grumpy, stubborn mule.XD
    Eek, Iv's no thanks.
    The poses in this chapter were fantastic! I half expected to see blood, I kind
    of squinted and turned away, it was so realistic! Great job.
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Hi @emorrill ! I'm catching up with your story after a long time. I love Abigail's backstory - I knew there was a fan theory that the wizard was her father, but you made it even more interesting.
    Your sim version of Emily is so much like the original, I would immediately recognise her even without her signature blue hair! Being a brunette suits her too.
    Lol at Elliot's proud pose at the hot dog eating contest. It looks so in character for him! :smiley:
  • TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited June 2021
    @emorrill
    A good move by Shane finding a bunch of flowers for his girl. It is ok being a little cheesy sometimes, otherwise it will be a cold world.

Lovely scene around (but not in :p) the fountain.
    Na, I don’t buy it either, they did “something else” to come late.
    Nice view from the ferris wheel
    They did it in the balloon, either the clay story was correct or they are living like rabbits. Hope they will clean up, not to leave any traces, before someone else have to take a ride in there. :#
    Get sick just reading about the food contest, I am not a strong fast eater. Feel sorry for Leah.

This is very cute:
    51218129792_cb264dc522_c.jpg

All in all a great day at the amusement park.
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
    Gracious! I don't like being so late commenting back to my readers! :grimace:

<3

@GraceyManor I forget which chapter you are on. :lol: (I was able to find it). Since you're catching up (which I appreciate :kissing_heart: ) let me know which chapter it is above your comments so it's easier for me to be like, "Oh yeah...that's what she was referring to." ;)
    Curse the forum filtering out my words... :unamused:
    Oh you get seizures? I'm sorry. :(
    I think I'm one of those rare people that don't hate Doctors. :p Okay wait, I take that back. I mostly don't. It depends on the Doctor. I recently saw a PA (which isn't a Doctor, but that's beside the point :p ) for my weird health issues I mentioned on the main thread that totally had the same personality and bedside manner as Harvey and....I might've become a little smitten with him. :smirk: (And he was hot!) But no, I'm a happily married woman so it wasn't that kind of smitten, just one of those like, "Man if I were a single gal..." moments. ;)
    Anyhoo!
    The poses in this chapter were fantastic! I half expected to see blood, I kind of squinted and turned away, it was so realistic! Great job.
    ^Thank you. <3 I had a lot of fun staging it. :) Not a fan of blood so I won't add it unless I feel it's necessary. ;)

@PalmArrow Hey lady! Welcome back! :smiley: I was so thinking about you not very long ago and was wondering how you're doing. I hope all is well with you. <3 It means so much to me that my story was one - of a select few - you went right to coming back to the forum. :kissing_heart: (If I recall it was you who suggested/said I should do a story with the Stardew characters. :smirk: I'm so glad I listened to you. It's been a JOY! :star: )
    I love Abigail's backstory - I knew there was a fan theory that the wizard was her father, but you made it even more interesting.
    ^Thank you. <3 I'm very curious to hear how Stardew players/fans felt about that and my rendition of it. :blush: Means a lot to hear you say that. <3
    Your sim version of Emily is so much like the original, I would immediately recognise her even without her signature blue hair!
    ^Oh wow, really? :grin: Thank you!
    Lol at Elliot's proud pose at the hot dog eating contest. It looks so in character for him! :smiley:
    ^I didn't think about that, but it totally does! :smiley:
    Thank you again for reading and commenting. Your compliments totally made my day! <3

@Tamijo Hey buddy. :)
    It is ok being a little cheesy sometimes, otherwise it will be a cold world.
    ^Amen! :blush:
    Lovely scene around (but not in :p) the fountain.
    ^Hee hee, thank you. :mrgreen:
    LOL! I was thinking about that too...did they clean up after themselves in the hot air balloon??? :grimace: I like to imagine that they did.
    I could never do a food contest either, as much as I love to eat. :lol: I know I would hurl...and I HATE hurling with a royal passion so any way for me to avoid that, I'll do it!
    Thank you for the comments. <3 They are always appreciated.
    I was very happy to see you post more of your story on the main thread, but I can't make comments on there right now with how busy we are preparing to move. I wanted to let you know I saw it, read it, and enjoyed it very much. :blush:
    Sorry I still haven't replied to the music you shared with me... It was so much fun sharing music with each other. We'll have to keep that going when I get settled in Arkansas. ;):star:
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Hiya @emorrill :) I've just pulled my head out of the new pack long enough to catch up on the Forums and your story! I loved the chapter with the wizards story in it, will Caroline ever leave Pierre to be with him do you think? It made me curious as to the back stories for the older characters, you know, who was Kent fighting against, what was it over? Did the other magical folk of Stardew Valley take magic being outlawed as a matter of course or did they put up a fight? Or like our own fairy stories did they just step back and be willing to fade from that reality as price for peace? (You'll hate me and my questions by the end of this lol I'm just naturally curious.) Or is the Wizard still hung up on the Swamp Witch.... Is Caroline really the swamp witch under some kind of curse? Anyway, I loved that backstory.
    Also I have questions about Sebastians family (Oh no!) You mentioned that his step father was something of an _______ with abusive tendancies, why would Robin settle for someone who treated her son like that? And (oh no there's an and!) Did it put more pressure on Maru to constantly achieve knowing it was expected? That looks like a whole clump of dirt to be dug through.
    I also liked the Sam/Haley/Alex mess that's going on right now. Do you think Haley will ever develop any kind of depth or will she remain like a dandelion seed happy to float around in the sun? I ask because in game she is one of my least favourite characters (alongside Pierre) and so they fascinate me as much as my favourites do. I also ask because again I'm nosey and I like to know what other peoples take is on something as popular as Stardew.
    Which makes me ask do you plan on exploring the youth of the older characters in depth further?
    Also when Elliot and Leah were woohooing in the hot air balloon....did it bob through the air through the activity?
    I'm glad Elliiot won so many competittions I do have a real soft spot for him and it's good to see him win.
    And can anyone get pregnant in this new reality of theirs? If they did....would there be room on the Wizards spell to take the children with them?
    I mean the way some characters are going for it, it only has to be a matter of time...right?
    I wonder how everyone will cope having to go back from a 3d world to a 2d one.....hmmm
    Again, really enjoyed catching up on the antics of your characters and thanks for giving me a shout out, I hope everything goes well for you with your move and it proves to be as stress free as possible. Also, I hope you feel better soon, everything read well even though you edited it feeling a bit woozy, you did a brilliant job.
    Sorry for all the questions....
    @Bloosmoo Don't feel bad asking a lot of questions. They brought a giant smile to my face. :grin:

Still drowning in packing and figuring out all the move details, but once I have a long moment I will joyfully give you a proper reply back (and answers to your questions). :kissing_heart: So glad you're enjoying the story. <3
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @emorrill

I loved those outtakes!, lol at Elliot being the winner,
    hopefully, someone else wins next time.
    edited June 2021
    @bloosmoo Okay, I finally have a moment to answer your questions (cause I'm sure you're anxious to read them as much as I am to answer them :blush: ) without giving too much away. ;)
    I loved the chapter with the wizards story in it, will Caroline ever leave Pierre to be with him do you think?
    ^Thank you. <3 It fills me with joy that a Stardew fan like you - and others on here - enjoyed the backstory about the Wizard. :blush: It is a major compliment. The whole "magic is forbidden in Pelican Town" is a little something I added to my story, even though it may not be exactly the truth in Stardew Valley, that was just the vibe I got with the Wizard living out of town and all. (I don't know much about the Junimos since I haven't played that far into the game yet...) but anyway, to answer your question. ;) I don't think Caroline could find it in her heart to leave Pierre. In my mind, he's a good guy he just...knows things that have been kept secret from him (by his love) and that bothers him to the point that he comes off cranky sometimes. I have something in mind for the 4 of them. :blush: (Ras, Caroline, Pierre, and Abigail)
    I'm not sure who Kent was fighting against, honestly. :p (What was that story again? :joy: )
    Did the other magical folk of Stardew Valley take magic being outlawed as a matter of course or did they put up a fight? Or like our own fairy stories did they just step back and be willing to fade from that reality as price for peace?
    ^I would imagine the latter, at least in my imagination. I also think there weren't many folks that possessed magic at all when Rasmodius was living in Pelican Town. (And they all bailed after what happened to Ras) I think we already know that the Mayor's wife was totally a witch... :smirk: And threw the blame on someone else like her. Who knows what her reason was for killing her husband... I left that to the reader's imagination. :)
    Is Caroline really the swamp witch under some kind of curse?
    ^In Stardew, possibly. In my story: while I explored the idea, I ultimately decided against it.
    ...why would Robin settle for someone who treated her son like that?
    ^That is a good question. I hadn't really thought about that...I was just exploring more as to why it is mentioned in Stardew that Demetrius ignores Seb and praises Maru more. I got the feeling it was because Maru is his actual flesh and blood so she is his favorite. Perhaps Robin doesn't realize how much Demetrius is ignoring Seb OR maybe Seb - with so many sensitive emotions going on within - sees his dad as loving Maru more because they have more in common and therefore doesn't give him as much attention, when Demetrius does...in a very different way because he doesn't quite know how to bond with Seb. Does that make sense? (My brain is fried from all this moving stress so you'll have to forgive me. :kissing_heart: )
    Oh Maru totally feels the pressure to live up to her dad's expectations. That's hard on a kid. :( They should know that their parents will support them in whatever THEY want to do and not what they (their parents) want them to do...
    I also liked the Sam/Haley/Alex mess that's going on right now.
    ^Thank you. :blush:
    Do you think Haley will ever develop any kind of depth or will she remain like a dandelion seed happy to float around in the sun? I ask because in game she is one of my least favourite characters (alongside Pierre) and so they fascinate me as much as my favourites do.
    ^Haley is one of my least favorites too. :p I do have some character development planned for her as I know there is some good in her deep within. ;)
    I like to know what other peoples take is on something as popular as Stardew.
    ^I like to learn others takes on things too. :smiley:
    Which makes me ask do you plan on exploring the youth of the older characters in depth further?
    ^Not at this time. But that could change, depending on where my imagination takes me. ;)
    I would imagine the hot air balloon was bobbing good during the woohoo. :lol:
    The game was making Elliott win all the stuff! :smiley: I was like, "Well...alright then." :lol:
    And can anyone get pregnant in this new reality of theirs?
    ^Yes. :smirk:
    If they did....would there be room on the Wizards spell to take the children with them?
    ^That is a very good question! And I'm glad you asked it. :grin: I believe that is something that has crossed Harvey's mind...and it's one of a few other reasons why he was cautioning the couples to "cool it" with the sex.
    I mean the way some characters are going for it, it only has to be a matter of time...right?
    ^Maybe. We'll see. :blush:
    I imagine they will all have a little bit of a hard time going back to a 2D world. :p But I think they'll get right back into the swing of things and be very happy to be reunited with their families and friends. <3 (Especially Abigail and Rasmodius. <3 )
    Again, really enjoyed catching up on the antics of your characters and thanks for giving me a shout out, I hope everything goes well for you with your move and it proves to be as stress free as possible. Also, I hope you feel better soon, everything read well even though you edited it feeling a bit woozy, you did a brilliant job.
    ^I very much enjoyed reading your comments and questions! :smiley: They filled me with happy!
    Thank you so much. <3 Right now it's feeling pretty darn stressful trying to figure out all the plans for this move (the house we wanted to buy ended up having a TON of things wrong with it so we're scrambling to find a rental when there aren't many available and...sigh). But we know that with God's help, it will all work out. <3
    I'm feeling much better from those odd health issues I was having. :star: Turns out I was having an allergic reaction to the medication I was on so we did a switcharoo and all is well. :relieved:
    Don't be sorry about the questions, I welcome them. :kissing_heart: They were a joy to answer. :)
    Thank you once again for reading and for your thoughts. <3 Hope all is well with you in your neck of the woods and that you are feeling well. :kissing_heart:

@Silverofdreams30 Yeah the game was bound and determined to have Elliott win at everything! :lol:
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Hey @emorrill, Thanks so much for answering the many questions, I really enjoyed reading your process. Glad you feel better now as well, and the house, it will all be worth it in the end, but I know it's stressful to move. Which is why once again I want to say thanks for answering the multide of questions and taking the time out to do it. Hope things settle down for you soon :)
    edited June 2021
    @bloosmoo You're very welcome. :kissing_heart: Like I said before, your questions were a joy to answer and I hope you'll ask more if you want to in the future. :blush: Thank you for the well wishes. <3

So hey everyone. :grin: I've started writing the conclusion to Chapter 15 (amidst all the moving chaos, but it's been easier to do since I'm almost done packing! So yay!)

While relaxing this evening I thought I would go check out some more Stardew Valley character fanart (and share for fun) as it can be real fun to check out sometimes. :blush: (Some out there are a bit OH MY! :flushed: But most are good. ;) )

I hadn't checked out fanart of the Wizard M. Rasmodius yet, and there wasn't much I liked, so I thought I would share one of my favorite ones. :)

(In spoilers cause some of the pics are super large and I apologize... )

61090254_353297748875646_3119071753628811264_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=QsJ9D-6dYncAX8Xe2qB&tn=oCQHPt_dyh-d_PPw&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.xx&oh=f9641f6e2397926d25d282c9e6195ecf&oe=60D3EA2A

Then there was this cute anime one of him and Abigail. <3 The only one I found of them together...
    n0gg9ki5hyb21.jpg

Then I started exploring Abigail fanart and many are real cute and so well done! :blush:
    61db587f22d268fc007958ac7056b371.jpg

42c99666fbedee63c9eaa22beeed93ac.jpg

stardew-valley-abigail-friendship-guide-villager-guide-27-steamlists-com-r3e4r43r4r-678x381.jpg

Portrait replacement mod here. Love it!

1011-0-1489861031.png

An interesting one of Ras and Caroline...
    98si7dje0da61.png

Enjoy this one of Leah guys (that somehow popped up in my search for pics of the Wizard. :lol: )
    5ac.jpg

Okay I LOVE this one of Emily dancing for her pet parrot. <3
    tumblr_pox74xYEFr1xemebso1_1280.jpg

A cute one of the original 5 bachelors and 5 bachelorettes (before ConcernedApe added Shane and Emily in...true story. ;) )
    b46846a130928cc1cc0507f13d0924382fa91083r1-1080-595v2_uhq.jpg

To me, most of the Shane fanart was pretty terrible 🤷‍♀️ but I thought this one was super cute. <3@bekkasan ;)
    hk8b6o7hab831.png

And lastly a couple of new ones of Harvey I found. Cause he's my man out of the 6! :mrgreen::love:
    5e96133c37e1acf29aa5edbb96cfb903fd2bed18.jpg

anna-julia-128810009-1623982637788519-3506286491196519385-o.jpg?1606838070

Anyhoo!

I hope y'all enjoyed that. :blush: People are SO talented!!! I can't draw worth a darn. Why do you think I use the Sims as illustrations? :lol:;)

Stay tuned for the conclusion of Chapter 15! :star:

<3

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emorrill Wow! Such cute and awesome fan art! Some people are so talented.

I do like that one of Shane. Such a cute little smile.

I don't play the game so I wonder why he didn't have Shane and Emily as part of the group of bachelors/bachelorettes?
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Yes the Leah one is awesome, and so are the Abigal ones. :)
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    edited June 2021
    bekkasan wrote: »

I don't play the game so I wonder why he didn't have Shane and Emily as part of the group of bachelors/bachelorettes?

@bekkasan I dunno either. The only thing I know is that they were not included in the debut of the game, then in a future update he added a new bachelor and bachelorette. For fun - and as a surprise - I guess. ;)

The game - and this story - sure wouldn't feel right without them now. :blush:

@KevinL5275 I may have had you in mind when I posted that picture of Leah. :smirk:

Let me show you some Haley fanart. :mrgreen:
    BEzEDiJ5PNlMiRSxbb5oOZ6nKierNnWp0rrNcaeyFsk.jpg?auto=webp&s=95ac6b079c4892f1c7b7455545a33d023dbe7f02

99baef72c19802777b0c669e2e54297f.jpg

8a4d13c7d07c84085bfa8766df324e14.jpg

Even this AI picture! :open_mouth: I mean holy bonkers she looks gorgeous! :star:
    d9xamjc-e833c834-01ed-491b-8d1b-ccd3983bd37f.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzMwZjk3NTlmLTQ5NGQtNGNkMC05MTdjLTlkYzQwMmJlYTY5M1wvZDl4YW1qYy1lODMzYzgzNC0wMWVkLTQ5MWItOGQxYi1jY2QzOTgzYmQzN2YuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.5V26Zil17bM8BE0oNQNXdh_LfpoWuTa_yoKuv5N-SYw

^I have to say I think I did pretty well with my sim version of her. :blush:

:p

Edit to add this one of Abigail which is cool!
    Abigail.%28Stardew.Valley%29.full.3137904.jpg
    Maru needs some love so I want to share some lovely fanart of her. <3
    tumblr_pe98vafsR91qb0m24_1280.jpg

efd7da027d791d508802c6fc2238fb7b.jpg

ukiognp4s4sz.jpg

Another AI version:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStKiU4Y-BzYP7b_f8rjwuwl-NisedtVHfhag&usqp=CAU

This fan rendition of Sam I thought looked pretty good (and much different from his usual look). <3
    stardew_valley_sam_by_skrollan95_ddgco2f-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9OTAwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNDMxNDk3ZTYtYTZiNS00MjdmLTk3MjUtNzg0OTljMzkzOGZjXC9kZGdjbzJmLWI2ZDEzNWQ4LTc4OTYtNDc4MS1iZDY3LWRlMWM3NDU4ZWY3MS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTYwMCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.XKmHzqhlwYAL8r_dzluy8zOAsaUi2Kf2_EtoH0Uv4wQ

This one of Alex...for a cartoon drawing. :love:
    EXLh0JyUwAIfuBU.jpg

A lot of Penny fanart likes to show off her...umm...endowments. :lol: I better not share those, but this one is cute. :blush:
    1f341ac5488be06fa7e84b51474393a9.jpg

Ha ha! This one is too cute of Leah and Elliott! :lol:
    tumblr_pd8393hobl1vlsax0o1_1280.png

Aww, this one is cute of all the girls. <3

Stardew.Valley.full.3138066.jpg

And an interesting one of all the guys. ;)

850a05db0cdce2f1f3847587f321fa77.jpg

Okay, I'm done! :p

***I'm hoping to finish writing Chapter 15 tonight.*** :blush:

I hope these pics have got y'all excited to see these characters some more. :)
    I finished Chapter 15 tonight just as I planned...and now I am posting it. :mrgreen:

Enjoy my friends. <3

Pelican Town to Sims Town
    Conclusion to Chapter 15

Leah excused herself from Elliott and stepped into the bathroom just in case she needed to throw up again. In the meantime, she worked to wash all the pie filling off her face. The cool water on her cheeks surprisingly helped to ease the nausea and that was a relief. Emily soon joined her and proceeded to do the same.

When they met the guys outside afterward they discovered that the guys were unable to fully clean up their faces as well, as the rich blueberry pie filling unfortunately stained all their faces. They all got a good giggle out of it and decided to continue on with the festivities regardless. The merry-go-round was the closest thing to do next.
    “You going to be alright riding it?” Elliott compassionately asked Leah.
    “I think so,” she replied. “I’m feeling much better now.”
    He was happy to hear it.

Just like with all the others before them, the inner child within the four was set free the minute the ride began to turn.

51261918125_e0b1500263_c.jpg

Emily gave off a blushed smile as she watched Shane pretend to wave to all his “admirers” while riding on his noble steed. She decided to join in as his princess whom he just rescued from the villain, waving in a similar fashion.

51261616414_ca2ac3449d_c.jpg

The merry-go-round spun longer than any of them were expecting and they loved it.

51260146407_69d7dc4849_c.jpg

It seemed to each of them that almost everything about this world was better than how it was back home.

Somehow magic had made their lives better. Happier. More fun even. And that was a very interesting discovery to them.

Perhaps magic wasn’t as evil as the residents of Pelican Town continuously taught it to be; and deep down - in this very moment - they all realized that they inherently knew that, but were never given the opportunity to confirm it.

Until this quest.

“Why’d we all go silent for a minute there?” Leah asked them all, curious if they were having the same thoughts she was.

The other three just shrugged at her and shot quick glances at each other, doubtful that any of them were thinking the same thing they were.

Next thing they all witnessed was the pie stains on their faces disappearing and they smiled brightly at the timing of it.

After the merry-go-round ride, Elliott and Leah decided to get their photo taken…

51261072728_9a1344faa2_c.jpg

...while Shane and Emily played “whack-a-werewolf.”

“Die you mangy werewolves!” Shane grunted as he worked to hit each and every one of them.

51260146432_9d9e7d61e5_c.jpg

Emily chuckled as she watched, especially at how heated her man was getting over a silly game. It made her wonder...

“Don’t care for werewolves huh?”
    “H*** no. They’re my least favorite supernatural creature.”
    “Why’s that?”
    “Because who’d ever wanna turn into an animal that’s notoriously known for sniffing other animals' butts!?”
    Emily burst out laughing, slapping at her thigh.
    “Even human butts! Nah uh, nope! That’s worse than getting a stake to the heart!”
    “Oh my gosh you’re killing me!”
    Shane cracked a smile, loving that he made her laugh.

The two went on to pick out their own pumpkins from the pumpkin patch, got a picture taken, and then bobbed for apples, while Elliott and Leah rode on the pod ferris wheel.

Once dusk approached, Emily squealed with joy when the android announced that the haunted house was open. “Ooooh I can’t wait to go through it!” she expressed with a light clap. “It’s gonna be super creepy! I can feel it!”

51260146462_96cb921c7b_c.jpg

“Oh so you like getting scared?” Shane asked with a smirk.
    “During Halloween season, yeah!
    He made a mental note of that.
    “Let’s go!”
    “Alrighty.”

51261072748_cd43bc0f1b_c.jpg

He couldn’t help slapping her butt as they crossed through the doorway just to spook her a bit.
    “Hey!” she cried, but very much liked it.

As they went through the haunted house, Elliott and Leah approached and glanced up at the deteriorating building for a moment.

51261616584_9285515fc4_c.jpg

Leah clasped her hands together feeling a bit of uneasiness.

“Shall we join the ‘kids’ inside?” Elliott asked.
    “I dunno...,” she hesitated. “For some reason I’m getting a really bad feeling about this.”
    “About a haunted house at a public festival!? C’mon babe these things are kid friendly.”
    “Nothing about this world is kid friendly...”

51261616594_955323c474_c.jpg

“Well...okay...maybe you’re right there. But seriously, it can’t be any worse than that haunted house we went through in Zuzu City. You remember how insanely creepy that place was and it was epic!”
    “It was,” she admitted, beginning to wonder if magic had been involved in that place too. “But--”
    “I’ll go in first and make sure it’s safe, alright? Just stay close behind me. I’ll protect you my love.”
    “...Okay.” I still think this is a bad idea…

51260146577_5739f5c5b6_c.jpg

Seconds after they entered, Emily was the first to exit the house.

“Whew! That wasn’t so bad,” she addressed Shane. “You could totally tell it was all magic which made it feel much more scary and realistic, but,” she stopped, realizing Shane wasn’t present out of the corner of her eye. “Shane?”

51261616499_1f72811893_c.jpg

Suddenly a cold chill ran down her spine and it made her shiver.

51261918220_6dc77fd4f0_c.jpg

“Geez! Where did this come from?” she asked through chattering teeth while rubbing at her arms. When she turned around to call for Shane again, she was met with a ghostly presence and gasped.

51261072773_6ef4ec2e55_c.jpg

“It’s okay,” he assured her. “It’s me.”

“Shane!?” she cried in disbelief. Then her mouth turned into a frown as tears of terror began to form in her eyes. “Shane…? Are...are you…?” Her lip quivered.

51261616529_d317349712_c.jpg

“No,” he consoled, “I’m not dead. Come 'ere,” he lovingly beckoned, taking her into his arms. “See? If I were really dead I wouldn’t be able to hold you like this.”
    “Oh Shane!” she panted in relief, feeling the warmth of his body. “Oh thank the Lord!”
    “It’s alright,” he soothed, rubbing at her back. “It freaked me out for a moment too, but I guess it was an unfortunate side effect from being touched by that ghost.”

51261072798_63fb666c33_c.jpg

“I’ll say! I felt like I was going to die for a second there...fearing you were killed in the house and your spirit was coming over to say goodbye!” She squeezed him harder, a tear escaping. “Oh thank you Lord. Curse the Wizard’s silly magic!”
    “It’s okay,” he reiterated, releasing her so he could look into her eyes. “You gotta admit this is freaking awesome though! Look, I’m floating!” They both glanced down at his transparent feet for a second. “I wonder how long I’ll stay like this…”
    “Hopefully not for very long,” Emily said with a sniff, wiping away the escaped tear.
    “It feels kinda weird floating like this, and my feet are a little numb, but it’s just so awesome! I should go spook Harvey being like this! He’ll flip!”
    Emily chuckled. “That would be hilarious to see.”
    “There’s your pretty smile again,” he said, leaning in. “I never like seeing a frown on your face. Guess this has shown me just how much you love me,” he teased.

51260872081_622a1c313e_c.jpg

“You should already know how much!” she cried, slapping at his arm.
    “I do,” he chuckled and gave her a quick kiss.
    “Goofball…”
    “Yes I am.”

Their heads turned as Elliott emerged from the haunted house, gripping his stomach.

The same rancid breath that came out of the ghoul statue that slammed Harvey in the face, did the same to Elliott and he found himself not feeling so well.

51260146592_fc3c311e86_c.jpg

“You okay Elliott?” Emily asked, just before he started throwing up and it made her flinch.

Then Leah came out of the haunted house. Floating.

51261918120_11e32ff204_c.jpg

Shane’s eyes and smile lit up at the sight of her. “Hey! Leah’s a ghost now too!”
    Leah was about to have a major flip out, but when she saw that the same thing happened to Shane - and he and Emily weren't flipping out - she figured it was all a part of this world’s strange magic and rolled her eyes before letting out a breath of relief.

“Leah!?” Elliott cried, as he struggled to fully stand up. Emily came over to support him and assure him that Leah was okay and that it was not what he was thinking.

“Check us out!” Shane greeted the ghostly red-head with a hand gesture.
    “We’re ghosts!” Leah said, throwing out a silly gesture back.

51261616364_1563caed8c_c.jpg

“H*** yeah! We should go do some spooking before this wears off!”
    “Totally! Oh my gosh this is SO COOL!”
    “Well, I don’t think it’s so cool...,” Elliott mumbled, looking upon his love with concern, despite what Emily told him.

51261616349_68ed66e635_c.jpg

Leah turned and gave him a pouty lip while saying, “Oh come ‘ere you,” and took him into her arms. “I’m alright. Don’t worry.”
    Elliott held her tightly while pressing his cheek against hers. “I should’ve listened to you when you said you had a bad feeling about the haunted house.”
    “It’s okay…”
    “No it’s not! What if you stay like this forever?”
    “I don’t think I will. Halloween is all about pranks, and this is clearly one from the Wizard. I’m sure we’ll be whole in no time.”
    “If you say so...” He nuzzled at her cheek.

“You know,” Emily said in a seductive tone while wrapping her arms around Shane’s waist, “you’ve gotta be the sexiest ghost I’ve ever seen.”
    “You’ve seen a ghost?”
    “Maybe.”
    “Oh yeah?”
    “Yeah.”
    “You sure about that?” He bounced his eyebrows.
    “Yes!” she giggled.
    “You 100% sure about that?” he asked, leaning in closer and closer to her lips.
    “Are you insinuating that I’m crazy?”
    “No. I just wanna kiss you.”
    “Then shut up and do it,” she whispered, grazing his lips with hers.
    “Okay then.”

51260146317_a1149442ed_c.jpg

The kiss got so heated they almost forgot that Elliott and Leah were standing next to them.

Emily gently pulled away from her love with a look of longing, as if to say, “Let’s continue that later,” with her eyes. Shane was more than happy to oblige.

Elliott watched them with a smile, thinking about how cute they looked together when they were such an unbelievable pair. He loved witnessing love.

51260871856_09ec52d32a_c.jpg

When the four returned to the ladies house, Shane and Leah asked Emily and Elliott to stay behind so they could enter the house first. Shooting smirks at each other, they ascended the stairs while their lovers stayed behind wearing bright grins.

51261072583_82f769ab5e_c.jpg

“Should we really be allowing them to do this?” Emily asked, thinking about her sister’s reaction. It wasn’t a sound she particularly liked to hear. Ever.
    “It’s all in good fun,” Elliott chuckled.
    She shrugged.

A few seconds after the door closed, shrieks and screams pierced the nighttime silence.

Haley’s being the most screeching of them all.

:mrgreen:

I'm not sure when I'll be able to begin writing Chapter 16, (still have to work on the outline... :grimace: ) but it will most likely be a few days after we're all moved into our new place in Arkansas! :grin: We leave in a week!

Thank you all for your continued interest and support in this story. <3 I really hope to have it all wrapped up by the end of the year so I have time to write a short Christmas story. :) But...we'll see how it goes. Life usually isn't very predictable as we all know. ;)
    @emorrill

Awwww they turned into ghosts, haha, they will for
    sure have fun while it last!.
    Elliott is cute worrying about her, he should know Halloween is all about pranks.
    This game still surprises me, never had any sim turned into a ghost while in the spooky house.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emorrill I was so excited to see the update this morning!
    lol, that pie stain lasts forever! But at least they all have it so not alone.

I love the merry go round! Elliot is so concerned over Leah. Sweet.
    I hope they all took pictures as souvenirs!

I'm glad they all think magic is not such a bad thing!

hehe, Shane whacking those were's!
    Sheesh, so many other cool things about were's though silly Shane!

Leah is cute with her bad feeling about the haunted house.
    Law of averages, Shane got turned. :grin: He makes an adorable ghost.
    Poor Emily was so scared though. :open_mouth: Gosh, not as funny at that moment.
    Glad Shane was able to reassure her.
    Awww, so sweet! Totally loved their conversation and hot kisses!
    I just love seeing Shane and Emily so happy!

oh, poor Elliott. Oopsie looks like Leah got turned too!
    Looks like they are going to have fun with the ghost while they can! :heart:
    Why does it not surprise me that my two favorite ladies on here commented first? :blush::kissing_heart:

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks for the sweet comments. <3 I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)
    You've never had a sim come out as a ghost?? Wow! The first time it happened to one of my sims I flipped! :flushed: I thought they died and...guess I had to illustrate that in the story. ;) And really, who wouldn't freak out seeing their lover come out of a haunted house as a ghost? :p

@bekkasan Hee hee, I love it when I surprise you with a story update in the morning. :mrgreen:<3
    I was SO glad I discovered that simply having them change clothes would get rid of the pie face! :star:
    Sims are so stinking cute on the merry-go-round. :blush: The one in the game looks A LOT like the old one over in Lagoon. (Famous amusement park here in Utah. :) )
    I'm glad they all think magic is not such a bad thing!
    ^Yeah. That bodes well for Abigail when she reveals herself doesn't it? :smirk:
    Sheesh, so many other cool things about were's though silly Shane!
    ^Hee hee! :lol: I had a feeling you'd have something to say about Shane's dislike for were's. :p
    He does make an adorable ghost huh? :mrgreen:
    Poor Emily was so scared though. :open_mouth: Gosh, not as funny at that moment.
    ^Yeah. She was thinking, "We're finally together and so happy...now he may have died...? NO!" :cry:
    I have to show so much happiness between Shane and Emily. They went through so many struggles and came out strong. :star: They deserve to be happy. <3
    (Makes you wonder if I'm gonna throw anything else at them? :naughty:;):p )
    Thanks for the lovely comments. :kissing_heart:
    Ha ha just kidding everyone! :smiley:

Chapter 15 has not concluded yet. There is a scene I forgot about that I was supposed to add to Ch 15 (not to Ch 16) so...I'll be writing that in the near future. :blush:

Carry on. :p
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    That was a lovely and funny update! For some reason I found it incredibly cute that Shane loves to whack werewolves. :smiley: Did you plan for Leah and Shane to be turned to ghosts by the haunted house or was it something that happened by itself and you decided to add it to the story?

I like the fan art you found too, especially all the girls lying in a circle!

I hope your move goes smoothly for you and your family, and you all enjoy your new place!

• KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I've had one sim turn into a ghost, the daughters of Laurel Grisby and Don Lothario in my Riverview Legacy:
    33502058934_3f61c1f96e_c.jpg

Its totally random, I don't think you can make it happen.

I loved the fan art of Haley. :mrgreen: I didn't know Penny was "gifted" either. :mrgreen:

Good to know about changing clothes will remove the pie-face, I have gone into CAS before and removed it that way.

Also loved the pic of Leah and Elliott before they went into the haunted house, what a cute hairstyle she has :)

And the bonding between Leah and Shane when they realized they are both ghosts.

I can't wait to see the reaction of everyone else in the house. B)
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    @PalmArrow
    For some reason I found it incredibly cute that Shane loves to whack werewolves.
    ^Hee hee. :blush: It was kinda cute.
    No I had no control over Leah and Shane turning into ghosts. Since they did I just incorporated it into the story. :grin: (I was gonna scrap it originally, but...I was able to come up with a way to add it in. :) )
    I love the girls laying around in a circle fanart too. :star:
    I hope your move goes smoothly for you and your family, and you all enjoy your new place!
    ^Thank you so much. :kissing_heart:
    I know we'll enjoy it. Such pretty country out there and the "southern hospitality" is hard to beat. <3

@KevinL5275 Oh yeah, Penny has somewhat big melons according to her portrait on the game. :p (I tried to make them big in my game, but not unrealistically big. )
    Penny_Happy.png
    Thanks for the compliment on Leah's hairstyle. It's a new one I found. :blush:
    I won't be showing any of the reactions from the others with them as ghosts. Sorry to disappoint. :(
    (I cured them of their ghostly state rather quickly after they got back home. :p )
    Thank you for the comments as always. <3

@Tamijo Tagging you to make sure you don't miss the newest post. :kissing_heart:
    @emorrill

nope, not happened to me yet. and I have not had
    a meteor strike either.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top