Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can’t Play Video Games on Tiny Living TVs!

ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
There’s a slot in the front of one tv stand and on the top of the other tv stand for you to put something there. And the video game consoles that came with City Living will fit. BUT they don’t work with the tv. It’s like they forgot to program that in.

Honestly they should’ve included one inside of the tv stand design and just made the object itself functional for video games like it’s functional for the bookcase.

Come on son. Y’all gotta do better! Fix this!

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited January 2020
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    That makes no sense, I hope this is was an oversite on their part and not intended.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    That makes no sense, I hope this is was an oversite on their part and not intended.

Makes no sense at all smh
  • secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Any one else having a problem using the gaming console with the 3 in one television? says needs to be closer but its right next to it.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited January 2020
    I didn't buy the pack, so I'm not sure. However, for the DIYers who know a little about S4S, perhaps you can create a temporary override of the pack televisions with Sims 4 Studio. Then try a batch fix on the overrides? If the batch fix doesn't work. Perhaps, try manually adding the correct code to the tags in the object catalog for each swatch? (55368)

It's worth a try. Otherwise, wait for a modder who owns the pack to create the overrides. That will get you up and running until EA gets around to it.

Btw, this is the kind of thing that always annoys me. Sims Guru Ninja (?) on the live stream just got through talking about how hard EA works on cross-pack compatibility. Yet, the stuff pack team went and made exactly the same mistake as happened before. It doesn't make sense. :/

Anyway, good luck.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited January 2020
    littlemssam put out a fix for it, but I would recommend to click "me too" on the Answer HQ page.

It is a small thing, they just missed adding a tag to the TV... but I agree with Cynna, this is exactly a thing that QA or Testing should have noticed. I'm not even sure if they are handled by Maxis to be honest, their credits seem to imply that other EA studios are responsible for that.
    logion wrote: »
    littlemssam put out a fix for it, but I would recommend to click "me too" on the Answer HQ page.

It is a small thing, they just missed adding a tag to the TV... but I agree with Cynna, this is exactly a thing that QA or Testing should have noticed. I'm not even sure if they are handled by Maxis to be honest, their credits seem to imply that other EA studios are responsible for that.

LittleMsSam for the win. Bless her heart, really! She's always on top of things. <3
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    I didn't buy the pack, so I'm not sure. However, for the DIYers who know a little about S4S, perhaps you can create a temporary override of the pack televisions with Sims 4 Studio. Then try a batch fix on the overrides? If the batch fix doesn't work. Perhaps, try manually adding the correct code to the tags in the object catalog for each swatch? (55368)

It's worth a try. Otherwise, wait for a modder who owns the pack to create the overrides. That will get you up and running until EA gets around to it.

Btw, this is the kind of thing that always annoys me. Sims Guru Ninja (?) on the live stream just got through talking about how hard EA works on cross-pack compatibility. Yet, the stuff pack team went and made exactly the same mistake as happened before. It doesn't make sense. :/

Anyway, good luck.

Regarding cross-pack compatibility, I think they do try, but since there are a bazillion packs now, I think that's going to make this kind of execution a little trickier moving forward because it's a lot to keep track of. I wouldn't want them to stop doing it, though. We can probably expect more "oversights" in the future, but the important thing is if they stay on top of them to correct them in a timely manner. People make mistakes. If they patch in fixes in the following patch, fine. But if these issues sit in the game for months on end being ignored? Not okay.

It definitely helps for people to report any oversights over on AHQ (as someone mentioned). There's a lot of activity there and that's the go-to place for the bug team. I think information gets in faster from there.

It would also really help if the devs could acknowledge when there's an oversight and give us an ETA on a fix.
    #Team Occult

LiELF wrote: »

Anyway, good luck.

Regarding cross-pack compatibility, I think they do try, but since there are a bazillion packs now, I think that's going to make this kind of execution a little trickier moving forward because it's a lot to keep track of. I wouldn't want them to stop doing it, though. We can probably expect more "oversights" in the future, but the important thing is if they stay on top of them to correct them in a timely manner. People make mistakes. If they patch in fixes in the following patch, fine. But if these issues sit in the game for months on end being ignored? Not okay.

It definitely helps for people to report any oversights over on AHQ (as someone mentioned). There's a lot of activity there and that's the go-to place for the bug team. I think information gets in faster from there.

It would also really help if the devs could acknowledge when there's an oversight and give us an ETA on a fix.

Yep, there are a bazillion packs. Which is why I predicted that there would be increasing issues with the game the more packs that they add. Yet, if EA insists on cranking out pack after pack, there should at least be a QA checklist that needs to be met pre-launch. Properly upgrading all televisions and beds should be on that list. If a new single bed is released in a future pack, for example, I would expect that it would be compatible for use in dorms.

I definitely agree that the devs should acknowledge these kinds of mishaps as soon as they occur. More importantly, they should be prepared to fix them in a timely manner.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Anyway, good luck.

Yep, there are a bazillion packs. Which is why I predicted that there would be increasing issues with the game the more packs that they add. Yet, if EA insists on cranking out pack after pack, there should at least be a QA checklist that needs to be met pre-launch. Properly upgrading all televisions and beds should be on that list. If a new single bed is released in a future pack, for example, I would expect that it would be compatible for use in dorms.

I definitely agree that the devs should acknowledge these kinds of mishaps as soon as they occur. More importantly, they should be prepared to fix them in a timely manner.

You hit it on the nail with the "pack after pack" for me I believe they do not take the time to really playtest it fully especially with an program like this as there are multiple programs within one program and the customer gets to be the guinea pig and find the bug and now have to wait some time for them to fix it which can be months or not at all. They are on an schedule and may hate to delay as they feel time is money.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Wow I didn't know there are gaming consoles in Sims haha! 1300 hrs of playtime and still learning new things... Maybe cuz I never give my sims tv's that I missed this haha
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Wow I didn't know there are gaming consoles in Sims haha! 1300 hrs of playtime and still learning new things... Maybe cuz I never give my sims tv's that I missed this haha

They came in the City Living EP. There are 2 versions.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

They came in the City Living EP. There are 2 versions.

I've had that pack forever, but I don't play it much. I do however have a Sim that I'd love to make a gamer so I am def gonna check that out. Thanks :)