Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Tiny Living Good for Family Play?

2...Next

Comments

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    No
    no since most of the time i create single sims parents with a child and pets and sometime it a family of 8 so tiny house would be to small for the family to live in
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @friendsfan367 Thanks for letting me know! I'll be sure to get it if I get the pack!

@IceyJ I saw Deligracy's video yesterday and I was surprised by the results. It made me think that maybe I should get the pack after all.

@83bienchen Whoa! I love that house! Is it on the gallery? (I don't have laundry though... but I can probably put a skill-building object there instead! :smiley:
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Maybe
    If you ignore the tiny lot aspect and just want the objects, style, hair and clothing then yes, it could work for family play.

You could also use it to build tiny studios in sheds or to just incorporate the objects. The entertainment center could be useful in houses of almost any size. The Murphy bed helps to build handiness skill as long as you upgrade it.

I'm a bit skeptical about tiny homes for kids but the concept is probably doable in some form.

I could see a teen wanting his or her own room with all of their stuff in one compact space. There are different ways that it could be used, but it really depends on what you want to do.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    Yes
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    @83bienchen Whoa! I love that house! Is it on the gallery? (I don't have laundry though... but I can probably put a skill-building object there instead! :smiley:

@Simtown15: It is on the Galery:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B4866BD63D6A11EA84F2416DBF6337EC

I'm sure you'll be happy to have a bit more space if you don't have the laundry pack.

I took care to leave enough space in the kids room for when the toddlers grow into children.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    edited January 2020
    Maybe
    Here's the house I built: Desert Tier 3 Home
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    edited January 2020
    Maybe
    I voted maybe. I guess it's all dependent on what you like. I'm having a ball so far. I had 1 sim in a micro home, she had an affair with Orange Bailey-Moon and had a daughter called Pomegranate Bailey-Moon, who is now a toddler. I then upgraded the house to a tier 2 one (64 squares, I'm using 62 I think) when she was pregnant with their second child, Strawberry Bailey-Moon (he's very prolific, he and his wife have twins!). I've got a spare bit of space for a third child (she needs another for her aspiration), but it's going to be all very close quarters when they grow up. They might have to expand to the 100 tile house once my sim is a granny!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes
    Yes I found a way to make a micro home still work for a family, so it works for a family of 6 Sims and 2 pets, full household. It was really fun making a micro home on a 50 by 50 lot.
    01-21-20_4-02-17_PM.png
    01-21-20_3-39-44_PM.png
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Maybe
    You could use it for families if you wanted, but its not really designed for families. I guess you could use the murphy bed in the living room though for when grandma comes over or something
    @83bienchen Oh! I actually saw that house on the gallery, but ironically, I bypassed it because I don't really care for Strangerville.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    Yes
    Me neither. It's actually the one and only household I play in Strangerville (the father is the Hero of Strangerville).
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    Maybe
    Oh no, can I change my mind? My sim had Pomegranate and Strawberry Bailey-Moon with Orange. Orange had 3 other kids elsewhere, two with his wife and one with Lia Huata. We were going for lucky number three that she needed for her aspiration and it came up triplets... So now there's Elderflower (f), Lemon (m) and Melon (m) too. How am I going to fit them all in a 64 tile house :tired_face:

Not quite up to date family tree (need to add in all the kids photos).
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Yes
    I have a tiny home with 5 sims. I wanted two kids, but they ended up having one single girl and then a set of twin girls. Right now, they're toddlers. I'll have to get creative with bed placement when they get bigger. What was the small kids room is now the parents room. The mom and dad's murphy bed is practically in a closet, but it's working out fine. The "master" bedroom (if you can call it that) is now the kids room. I'm still tweaking the house, but here's some pics:
    49437482962_5595122d2f_o.png
    49437215221_d861ed5c78_o.png
    2ijADLw]49437215386_10e59351a1_o.png49437482757_58927c66be_o.png
    49437438777_571afd2755_o.png
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    No
    Don't have it, but common sense is telling me that Tiny Living not good for family play.
    Proud simmer
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Yes
    I made a 3 bedroom family home which was tier 2, so I'm sure the biggest home would provide plenty of space (tier 1 or 3, cant remember which way round it goes lol).
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    Yes
    I think it is good for family play too because family can live in tiny house. Just kids are not having huge rooms. To me it works because I never use money cheats or very rarely build huge mansions anyways so to me is like my usual challenge start.
    I ended up getting the pack and I still don’t know for sure if it’s good for family play because the mom died almost immediately.

I started with a guy and his pregnant girlfriend. They had a housewarming Winterfest dinner party and I had to resist the urge to curse as they kept having routing issues and dirty plates were littering the floor.

Then, they went to sleep, and the Murphy bed tried to crush the girl because I forgot to get the mod. She felt uncomfortable and couldn’t go back to bed, but that didn’t matter because she immediately went into labor. Shortly after giving birth, she got giggly from an illness. Due to being happy because of her new daughter, she died of laughter a few hours later.

I played the guy as a single dad for a while, but it was really boring because the girl who died was my favorite and I wanted them to have three kids anyways, so I deleted the save.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    100 squares was more than enough for mother and toddler, but I generally don't use the giant toddler toys.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Yes
    100 squares is more than enough for a mom, dad, child and tot. Easy peasy. More like real life living.

• danceswithchaosdanceswithchaos Posts: 95 Member
    I don't have the pack, but I don't see why people aren't building an outdoor kitchen. Put a grill and a picnic table outside, and use the kitchen space as a bedroom area for kids or to put that bathtub in. If you truly need a fridge, it's only two squares. You could even make the roof overhang to protect the area from weather.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I moved my 100 baby challenge into a 64 square lot. I'm hoping the skill gain applies to toddlers haha. It's fine so far, though the kids being able to mess with the babies is making me a bit twitchy.
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    No
    I'm playing two sims and a cat in a 64 square home and it's hard for them to have indoor space to use things like the video editing machine, a decent sized cat tree, or even a yoga mat. I can only imagine trying to raise a child without having the indoor space for things like voidcritters or other toys.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Yes
    Yes
    I think the challenge of the tiny home is definitely something that can be applied to family play for sure. I've watched Deligracy and James Turner both make some very nice family style homes. It's something that makes you really think of what your Sims really need.

It's great for starter families cause of the lot size lot reward traits.

Smaller homes usually have a smaller budget.

Variety is the spice of life.

It's nice to see the game embrace the idea of making little houses. It's just another cool way to play I think.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    Yes
    I recently made a 3 bedroom home with only 100 tiles.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Maybe
    I made an 8-person “tiny home” (the largest one) with beds and seating for everyone, so it’s possible. You can always take children to parks and other outings to satisfy the need for fun. Or you could have outdoor play items like swings.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: