Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please make sims eat faster.

Comments

• Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    You are right, they seem to take hours to eat a meal.
    Restuarants are worse as it takes hours for their meal to arrive and then more hours to eat it, it's like a day out for them.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    I agree. If you took an hour to eat cereal it would be a soggy bad tasting experience in rl.
  • Options
    LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    I swear my sims have actually gotten slower.

Aside from it being sped up I think it could be refined in terms of hunger as well. I'd like to see ravenous sims hoovering their food and not multi-tasking during their meal, whereas if you're not that hungry maybe you would just pick at your food and maybe not even finish it.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Nooooooooooooooooo!!!! If they do this make it optional. They eat too fast. I use a mod because I want them to eat much much slower. The mod I use makes them take 16bites. But I would like more. I love love my loooooong dragged out family dinners. And sometimes the food looks so good or the ice cream is so yummy I just want them to take their time enjoying it while watching a family movie.

Plus sometimes it takes soooooo much work to get a family to sit properly together around the table and eat at the same time. I hate when one sim finishes first. If anything we need the option to slow it down. B)
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited January 2020
    It's the idles in between bites. Even with mods I used that lowered the amount to say, 0 seconds, it still gives them an excuse to stall. I finally modded them out in my game all together, and though they may still get interrupted, for the most part it's bite, bite, bite, bite, bite, done. Cut it waaaayyyy down, and I don't miss watching them eat for two hours at all.

I timed him today; from the time he picked up a plate to go sit down until the time he finished, 19 sim minutes. Must be a new sim world record. Course that was without anyone talking to him.
    Post edited by ravynwolvf on
  • Options
    SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    Bugger, I knew there was something I wanted to add in the survery.... if you haven't done so already, put it in the survey!
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Lol this reminds me of a video someone made where they do everything their Sim does and the girl was eating her bowl of cereal for an hour and she was complaining because it got soggy
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    There is, "Pee like a champion", why not, "Eat like a champion"!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    If I have a single Sim, she spends more time staring into space than eating (the cartoon above is hilarious).

If I have two Sims, by the time I get the second Sim to the table, the first Sim is already finishing and wants to clean up her plate rather than have a conversation with the other Sim.

If I have three Sims, the third being a child, the kid is never going to get to bed because dinner will take at least two hours.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    Eat faster!!!
    DismalRichAracari.webp
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    MourningStarreMourningStarre Posts: 2 New Member
    This is something that drives me crazy. I just want my expecting couple to sleep their three days away, but NO. They have to spend 8 hours eating cereal and talking. Just sleep and have your baby *sigh
  • Options
    ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    I downloaded the faster eating mod yesterday and its a life saver. Sims can still chat etc while eating but much less so than usual and they finish within seconds its great
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    No thanks, I like the pace as it is at the moment.

Remember how fast sims ate their food in The Sims 3?? I could never gather the family to eat together.
  • Options
    Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    What is the name of that faster eating mod? I needs it :)
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Options
    ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member

If you google ‘sims 4 faster eating’ it should be the first link that pops up :) website is modthesims

• Options
    Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member

If you google ‘sims 4 faster eating’ it should be the first link that pops up :) website is modthesims

I found a handful, wasn't sure which one was working and which wasn't. I ended up with Coolspear's version as it seemed to fix restaurants issues too :)
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Options
    CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Options
    RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    I swear my sims have actually gotten slower.

Aside from it being sped up I think it could be refined in terms of hunger as well. I'd like to see ravenous sims hoovering their food and not multi-tasking during their meal, whereas if you're not that hungry maybe you would just pick at your food and maybe not even finish it.

Id like it if they took a lot more bites but still had the eating time faster than it is now
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited January 2020
    Never needed a mod to get sims to eat faster. i learned a few tricks where i give 2-3 minutes in game time between bites while standing up i can order the sim not even one step from their location to eat another bite and repeat it as many times as needed.

the alternative is getting a radio, have your sim listen to music with the plate of food, and the food gets gobbled up quickly as the sim listens.
  • Options
    mickimagnummickimagnum Posts: 74 Member
    YES. PLEASE. And if you're out at a restaurant and famous person shows up...forget it. I had a breakfast date go until almost 6pm because friggin' Thorne Bailey and his family decided to show up... :|
    Origin ID: mickimagnum
    My Sims Blog

• Options
    IM_LOONYIM_LOONY Posts: 3 New Member
    Yes, I'm a slow eater in real life and even I'm faster than my Sim.
    and given how long a day is for them and how fast they age, they spend so long eating.
  • Options
    IM_LOONY wrote: »
    Yes, I'm a slow eater in real life and even I'm faster than my Sim.
    and given how long a day is for them and how fast they age, they spend so long eating.

I'm a slower eater myself most of the time. (Unless really hungry).
    For example, at family dinners, the food was always sooo good I liked to enjoy it. As a skilled cook myself now, same thing. I like to enjoy the food rather than gobble it down like Cookie Monster. I also prefer to chew it up well before swallowing.
    So I'd be barely started, and all my cousins, aunts and uncles are already finished and moving on to desert. lol! I had to train myself to eat faster!
    They grew up on the farm so that was needed for the hard work and limited time in the day. So it makes sense. Myself, I grew up in town. But yeah, at school and work I had to train myself to eat faster also.

I suppose what I would like for a mod is the choice of:

Eat Normally (The default)
    Eat Quickly (chance of a negative moodlet for a time like when eating bad food)

Glutton would be immune to negative moodlets from eating fast. High level fitness skill would also be immune, lvl 6 and up maybe?
    A Very Energized Sim would automatically eat quickly. (With chance of negative moodlet if applicable)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    What I've actually done pretty well for every Sim I play now is give them the reward trait "HardlyHungry". I find it's more realistic for how often they need to eat, rather than like constantly. So eating is more of a social activity then. Sitting down at the table, chatting, the kids doing homework, that sort of thing.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png