Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, about those low comfort beds...this patch rocks!

Comments

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    This is awesome! I wonder if you have to have a certain level before you can upgrade them? Either way, I will definitely have some handy sims!

lvl 8 for the mattress upgrade and lvl 6 for the massage

Wow, I was thinking level 4, but 8 is gonna be tough but doable I guess :o
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I’m glad this actually makes use of handiness. My sims don’t really practice that skill as it’s easy to just pay off any broken items. But now it has a use
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited January 2020
    I didn't realise it was patch day today. I was already playing before it was announced so I never got the notification to update the game. Also, I had to reinstall Origin a few days ago after a weird issue with the latest Origin update and now the home screen isn't displaying correctly, so I suppose I'll have to update Origin yet again in order to install the patch. :( Shame, because these updates sound great.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I didn't realise it was patch day today. I was already playing before it was announced so I never got the notification to update the game. Also, I had to reinstall Origin a few days ago after a weird issue with the latest Origin update and now the home screen isn't displaying correctly, so I suppose I'll have to update Origin yet again in order to install the patch. :( Shame, because these updates sound great.

Do you mean the sims menu in game? Or the Origin home page? My Sims in game menu wasn't showing up right today, which is why I ask, but I had no issues updating with this new patch anyways. :)
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    And they've fixed the breeding diploma issue.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!

Do you mean the sims menu in game? Or the Origin home page? My Sims in game menu wasn't showing up right today, which is why I ask, but I had no issues updating with this new patch anyways. :)

No, the home screen in the Origin client itself. It just shows weird grey boxes. Usually Origin asks if I want to update the game straight away when I log in to it but I'm thinking it might not do that when I switch the PC on tomorrow, due to the glitches. Fortunately I was able to play the game this afternoon by clicking the shortcut and bypassing the Origin client, but I'm pretty sure the updates can only happen via Origin.
    edited January 2020
    Was hoping my sim would be able to update their toddler’s bed. They be sleepy and hungry but I can’t feed them if they’re gonna be knocking out 😤😤
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @Mariefoxprice83 Origin didn't ask me when I logged in either, so I went to Origin and straight to my game and right clicked to update. It went thru 22 packs till it got to Sims4 Deluxe, then it took a while, then finished the others.

I did not have any grey boxes though. Did you restart your computer?
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited January 2020
    Karon wrote: »
    Why it feels like the devs finally woke up to hear what we have been asking since Sims 2?!

I doubt it. I think it's more related to not being tied to 32 bit machines anymore.

Edited quote to reflect change ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
    @Mariefoxprice83 Origin didn't ask me when I logged in either, so I went to Origin and straight to my game and right clicked to update. It went thru 22 packs till it got to Sims4 Deluxe, then it took a while, then finished the others.

I did not have any grey boxes though. Did you restart your computer?

I think it's been showing the same error for a couple of days so I'm not sure restarting will help. I will look it at tomorrow though.
    edited January 2020
    Karon wrote: »
    Why it feels like the devs finally woke up to hear what we have been asking since Sims 2?!

While they’re doing somewhat better in the building department, paralives has yet to show their “sims”. Let alone they don’t even have a release date in the nearest future. They’re only on steam to get more views.

Edited quote to reflect change ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    This is great news! I wonder if there are any other secret changes... I kind of wish they'd just list it all in the patch notes lol.

I am really excited about putting TVs on end tables haha, i get sick of using 2 tile coffee tables all the time (severe lack of 1 tile ones).

I was never bothered about beds really, but I know heaps of people have wanted a way to upgrade them so this is fab.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Everyone here excited about this update and here I'm thinking this update better not broke my cc beds.

I just tested a bunch of my cc beds @ChadSims2 and they are working just fine.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Oh cool!!!! Just wish I had known it 10 mins ago when I was still playing....
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm scared to update. I'm wondering what mods it broke. :D
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I guess this wasn't mentioned in the patch notes. I hope this works on toddler beds. They need something like this more than the other ones.
    I guess this wasn't mentioned in the patch notes. I hope this works on toddler beds. They need something like this more than the other ones.

I tried, they don’t unfortunately
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    Are you serious!? This is just too awesome! Can't thank the team enough for this. What a wonderful surprise!
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    Five years asking and finally I can upgrade those cheap beds! So happy. It's like I now have a whole new selection of beds to choose from (because I've been avoiding them). VERY pleased that it's tied to the handiness skill and that you need high levels to do it. For me, I like these kind of challenges and goals, anything too easy and I get bored. And I love that they've turned the deco books into functioning bookcases and that you can put them on endtables. And I don't know how many times I've gone to place a TV on an endtable just to go doh! and have to resort to using cheats for the look I want.
    SlqO6yn.jpg

Now I live in hope that they've heard the plea to put more deco items on those wall shelves. We have so many small items that look like they should fit, but don't.

I like these changes. Keep them coming!
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    edited January 2020
    This is great news. I like both the beds and the bookcase changes.
    I am a bit confused why it is not mentioned in the patch notes. I realise they meant it to be a surprise but now the notes seem incomplete. I like to read about bug fixes but the rest should be mentioned too.

Anyway, I can't wait to check this out in game and upgrade some beds.

Btw, according to the sims community the amplifier from mochino has also been changed to a working stereo.
    Post edited by Atreya33 on
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,942 Member
    I started a new game with a newly made sim. I was able to put the books on top of the small refrigerator from DU.

I'm loving the smaller rooms I can now make and being able to use the cheapest double bed. I can now make a starter lot and have money left over to buy books and make paintings with.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I don’t like it when the patch notes don’t include all the changes in the update.
    Yay, the update works in spite of my Origin issues :)
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    Now I live in hope that they've heard the plea to put more deco items on those wall shelves. We have so many small items that look like they should fit, but don't.

I like these changes. Keep them coming!
    Oh yes I really hope for that too. And for the deco radiators to provide warmth.
  • AelisahAelisah Posts: 11 New Member
    That's so cool ! Good work :))