Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: The Sims 4 Tiny Living Livestream

1235...Next

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2020
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Can we all agree that this was a MUCH needed update?!

Just here to show my gratitude :joy:
    qB5VqFU.png

I only buy the tvs that can mount on the wall so this part of the update didn't affect me personally at all.
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    You can have hot chocolate from the kiosks (at least the Seasons ones) but sims can’t make it at home :(
    They mentioned hot chocolate. Is that drink from base game or from this stuff pack?

I don't think we have it at all :( We have different types of coffee and a tea maker but no hot chocolate.

I honestly would love to make Hot Chocolate, Peppermint Hot Chocolate, Egg Nog, Hot Apple Cider, and Mulled Cider at home. Perhaps for a holiday update.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    Such an awesome missed opportunity for new off grid items. Also why the Murphy beds?! Bunk beds or ladders (especially ladders) would have been so much better ):
    Yeah it would have made a lot more sense to get ladders+bunkbeds instead of the murphy bed.

I think they should have done all 3. The Murphy Bed could have been the star of the show but the other two would have been wonderful in this pack as well.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    The hanging succulent plants wall deco and the kitchen shelf with the oven mitts are so adorable! And being able to put the decoration objects inside a glass drawer, wow! This pack looks amazing. The Murphy bed and new ghost look fun. I absolutely can't wait to use the combo units, they look gorgeous! My favourite new feature with the patch is the bed upgrade. My Sims are all sleeping in luxury Princess Cordelia beds and I will have a lot of fun redecorating, because the handiness skill is one my favourite skills to level in the game. I upgrade everything. I even upgrade things at other lots while my Sims visit there. It's like an addiction. I just can't stop. I click on every single object in the game to see if I can upgrade it. I don't even know why. I've never held a wrench in my life. I'm so happy about that upgrade!

I would really love another stuff pack with more combo units and smaller items!

Some other things I would have loved to see:

1. A small one tile workout object. I rarely add the exercise workout machine, because it takes up so much space.

2. A computer / TV / radio combo unit. I wish my Sims could watch TV and listen to the radio on their computer or tablet.

3. A bed and bookshelf combo. I was really hoping for this one. I miss the fun reading in bed feature from Sims 2 and I always read in bed.

4. An over the range microwave/oven combo unit. I really like the kitchen style with the microwave built into the wall unit over the oven. Or at least, I would like to be able to put a microwave on a thicker shelf above the stove. Also, I'd like to be able to upgrade the microwave so nothing is ever "cold in the middle" and have more cooking options, and also have it combined with the popcorn maker so I don't need to put out the popcorn maker out and can just microwave one bag of popcorn.

5. In instant hot water kettle for a combo of coffee, tea and other hot beverages, with a cool mug instead of the plain white one. The coffee maker is one of my favourite nostalgic objects in the game. When I first started playing Sims 1, I was drinking a mug of coffee while playing this brand new game, and then I had a revelation, I could actually have the Sim drink coffee while I was also drinking coffee at the same time.. something so simple was such amazing fun and I'd never seen any game like it before ;)

6. Sink and mirror/medicine cabinet combo for the bathroom with more features. My Sims used to always wash their face after brushing their teeth, please add this back with other things like apply makeup, sunscreen, acne cream, anything, it was fun. Also, I want to be able to put the medicine inside the medicine cabinet. :D

7. A freezer / fridge combo. Can I please have ice cream and other frozen treats from my fridge??
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    Such an awesome missed opportunity for new off grid items. Also why the Murphy beds?! Bunk beds or ladders (especially ladders) would have been so much better ):
    Yeah it would have made a lot more sense to get ladders+bunkbeds instead of the murphy bed.

They did talk about that. They wanted to bring back the Murphy bed because they felt it was iconic. We had it in Sims 2 and they felt like players would want it, the death and ghost, back. Then they basically explained that they get one "big thing" per stuff pack, so they chose Murphy bed over bunk beds.
    But other things that were said lead me to believe they are coming at some point. I do agree they should definitely have put in ladders, since we already have the ladder climbing animations.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Honestly, the update to the Base game items made my day since they allow you to still get creative with tiny home builds/ cramped RV home if not getting the pack.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Can we all agree that this was a MUCH needed update?!

Just here to show my gratitude :joy:
    qB5VqFU.png

I only buy the tvs that can mount on the wall so this part of the update didn't affect me personally at all.

Well I often limited myself to those too because it annoyed me so much that I had to use the same type of table for both my tv and my coffee table, but now that that's resolved, I can finally go and update all my homes :joy:
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    CAS looks nice besides visible skin issue on man jackets and CAS looks to me not in the Tiny Living theme. Practically all clothes looks like a... knitting clothes? Why? Tiny Living could be also modern and contain a silk clothes for example or any other clothes of that matter. We will have a knitting pack later. Should not be this clothes better there?

They were going for a cozy/warm theme which sweaters and knit fabrics represent. There was no way for them to know during the development of the pack that months later the community would choose knitting specifically for another stuff pack.

• Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

Super excited for the build and CAS items. I'm going to be remodeling for sure. All of the items are Awesome! :D
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • EccoAllieEccoAllie Posts: 26 Member
    Okay so...the pack is coming out tomorrow for PC and Mac...omg my wallet is going to hate me :'( :D
    <3 If you can do something funny that makes no sense, do it!
  • simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    I like it and the art style is impressive, glad they modeled using the style and filter.

I don't know how much I will use Murphy beds and heard what Guru Ninja said about why they chose those over bunk beds but my opinion for what it is worth is they had 2 missed opportunities to add a Murphy bed in city living and university because those beds would have been a great asset in either of those packs, they still need to put out the labor to make bunk-beds.

However I'm glad they are thinking of ways to make objects and hair even more usable and I love the glasses! Also love the bookcase, TV and stereo idea! Thanks!
  • sabbycat69sabbycat69 Posts: 13 New Member
    So today is the day that tiny living pack comes out, does anyone know of a time frame that it will be ready to buy and download?
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    sabbycat69 wrote: »
    So today is the day that tiny living pack comes out, does anyone know of a time frame that it will be ready to buy and download?

I would say 10 am California time - for us here in Europe that'll be in the evening around 6-7 (depending on where exactly you live).
  • ashydollfaceashydollface Posts: 1 New Member
    > @SimTrippy said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I would say 10 am California time - for us here in Europe that'll be in the evening around 6-7 (depending on where exactly you live).

I live in Australia, it is 07.09pm and there is no sign of tiny living. So disappointed
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    > @SimTrippy said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I would say 10 am California time - for us here in Europe that'll be in the evening around 6-7 (depending on where exactly you live).

I live in Australia, it is 07.09pm and there is no sign of tiny living. So disappointed

Right now it's only 8:30 Pacific (or California) time.
  • Avana1980Avana1980 Posts: 3 New Member
    I can't wait, Yes I'm new to the forums. I keep hitting refresh waiting to buy it and I'm in the UK
  • Cassiec345Cassiec345 Posts: 2 New Member
    Looking for friends on Origin Sims 4, please add me ID: Cassiec345.
  • DramaticpianoDramaticpiano Posts: 39 Member
    > @elanorbreton said:
    > Why didn't we do this before? cough cough... radiators - please give us the ability to warm the room with the deco radiators!

That would be so cool😁