Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Tiny Living' complaining thread!

Comments

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I don't really fully understand if they had a SP full of space saving things why they couldn't have just given it in Discover University where it makes more sense minus making tiny homes they could have just given that option in a patch. It feels gimmicky when a EP came out not to long ago and we get things that could have been useful in the EP.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    As I said, when Sims repair the Murphy bed in it's "down" position, they stand directly in the middle of the bed.

Screenshot-127.png

Screenshot-128.png
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Yeah so I copied my complaint over from another thread LOL plus added one more thing..

Honestly these items should have been in University. I am having a my first pet stuff flashback. I could have been on board with the pack if they gave us the all in one bathroom/shower thing from sims 3 or if they have us stuff like microwave/stove combo where the microwave is on the wall. A trash compactor would have been nice to save the garbage can space. Not having these items makes it hard to buy.

Also the style feels like a mid-century redo and I would have rather seen something more modern and sleek with cool backsplashes for the kitchen.

I would have loved to have a one tile dollhouse for the kids to play with. All of the toys are pretty big and take up room except for maybe the toddler blocks.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Yeah so I copied my complaint over from another thread LOL plus added one more thing..

Honestly these items should have been in University. I am having a my first pet stuff flashback. I could have been on board with the pack if they gave us the all in one bathroom/shower thing from sims 3 or if they have us stuff like microwave/stove combo where the microwave is on the wall. A trash compactor would have been nice to save the garbage can space. Not having these items makes it hard to buy.

Also the style feels like a mid-century redo and I would have rather seen something more modern and sleek with cool backsplashes for the kitchen.

I would have loved to have a one tile dollhouse for the kids to play with. All of the toys are pretty big and take up room except for maybe the toddler blocks.

I keep trying to tell people this but they won't believe it -shrug- I'll say it till I am blue in the face and will do no good.

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    As I said, when Sims repair the Murphy bed in it's "down" position, they stand directly in the middle of the bed.

Screenshot-127.png

Screenshot-128.png

Maybe move the table that’s directly in front of the bed?
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Screenshot-127.png

Screenshot-128.png

Maybe move the table that’s directly in front of the bed?

I can try it
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Cynna wrote: »

The thing of more concern, however, is that after that impassioned speech by Sim Guru Ninja (?) which included a spiel about how hard EA works at cross-pack compatibility, the game televisions launched without video game functionality.

But, no worries. Modders will fix it, am I right?

It's not even fully base game compatable.. tiny living and none of the bathroom items or the bed are compatible with off the grid? Cmon.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I feel like family players were left out again. You could have maybe not the tiniest house but you could still have a small family in a tiny home. Kids toys need to be a lot smaller. A lot. Then there's also the crazy huge telescope and microscopes. They probably could have used this theme and made a GP out of it. I kinda wish they would have.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Have not really have my moment of the freedom to share my opinion on why I feel this SP is kind of ridiculous. Will get back on that later, but firstly:

I was utterly surprised by my thread being edited, rules that got deleted with a weird excuse that makes no sense at all. Rules to direct people into a certain behavior is not allowed? Ehm, is that not what rules are for? How is it that i am not allowed to talk about certain things in specifically made threads or sections, but when i set a rule that this thread is only for negative feedback, it is not allowed.
    I feel there is more reason behind it. Especially since I did not even get a respond back after asking what set of rules would be allowed.
    In the first message, I was told that I am allowed to set rules in my thread and that I could DM them for further questions, but this is nothing but a statement without actual debt or meaning as I am still waiting. It seems the only target was to somehow adjust something in this thread to either control it or tone it down in their advance. Why wasn't it a problem before? The older thread was way more chaotic by wrong comments that this one.
    I wanted to point that out as this is odd and I feel it needs to be addressed and shared among others. At least we got the freedom of speech my dear friends ;)

Anyway, about the SP:

I am not feeling it. Tiny living could have meant so much more. Tiny objects, a true experience of tiny living where we would have smaller lots or options to edit lots perhaps. And then there are so many objects they could have given us instead of those 'here we made these objects ready for you, so u only have to choose between a set of 5 swatches, GREAT RIGHT?' No, we don't want lazy, non-creative games, cause we get sooo much joy out of clicks, just clicking all the way through and accomplishing basically nothing.. No, we don't. This is just another pack that adds on this aspiration of EA.
    Tiny living for me means beside what I already mentioned above: 2 in one objects that WE put together (and not a murhpy bed styled with frames and all.. ugh). Like maybe the options to put tv's and microwaves on everything! Just more handy tricks and tips on how to SAVE space.
    Oh well, I haven't even bothered to look at anything of this pack beside the stream and I don't intend to either. It is just a waist of time, money and energy on both parties.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    @FurSimsOfficial your not the only one i bough the sp but i feel like most of the content should of been added to the university expansion in my opinion and also if players plays from the start a big family or a family with pets a tinyhouse where sims would not be able to have time for themselve to read a book do homework if its sims kids or teens the sim mom or dad cooking the family meal or if the baby or toddler needs to be put down for a nap
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    Have not really have my moment of the freedom to share my opinion on why I feel this SP is kind of ridiculous. Will get back on that later, but firstly:

I was utterly surprised by my thread being edited, rules that got deleted with a weird excuse that makes no sense at all. Rules to direct people into a certain behavior is not allowed? Ehm, is that not what rules are for? How is it that i am not allowed to talk about certain things in specifically made threads or sections, but when i set a rule that this thread is only for negative feedback, it is not allowed.
    I feel there is more reason behind it. Especially since I did not even get a respond back after asking what set of rules would be allowed.
    In the first message, I was told that I am allowed to set rules in my thread and that I could DM them for further questions, but this is nothing but a statement without actual debt or meaning as I am still waiting. It seems the only target was to somehow adjust something in this thread to either control it or tone it down in their advance. Why wasn't it a problem before? The older thread was way more chaotic by wrong comments that this one.
    I wanted to point that out as this is odd and I feel it needs to be addressed and shared among others. At least we got the freedom of speech my dear friends ;)

Anyway, about the SP:

I am not feeling it. Tiny living could have meant so much more. Tiny objects, a true experience of tiny living where we would have smaller lots or options to edit lots perhaps. And then there are so many objects they could have given us instead of those 'here we made these objects ready for you, so u only have to choose between a set of 5 swatches, GREAT RIGHT?' No, we don't want lazy, non-creative games, cause we get sooo much joy out of clicks, just clicking all the way through and accomplishing basically nothing.. No, we don't. This is just another pack that adds on this aspiration of EA.
    Tiny living for me means beside what I already mentioned above: 2 in one objects that WE put together (and not a murhpy bed styled with frames and all.. ugh). Like maybe the options to put tv's and microwaves on everything! Just more handy tricks and tips on how to SAVE space.
    Oh well, I haven't even bothered to look at anything of this pack beside the stream and I don't intend to either. It is just a waist of time, money and energy on both parties.

Wait what!?!??!?!?
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'm so glad I didn't buy this pack and now I know I never will. I thought maybe I'll just buy it later on after other packs I want come out, but nope, not touching this with a 600 ft pole.

I mean, is it not ironic that the name of this pack is Tiny LIVING and yet the main gameplay feature of this pack, the Murphy Bed has a huge likelihood to KILL your sim? I surely wouldn't be able to enjoy any kind of tiny living knowing my sim could easily meet their demise just trying to get in bed. Sounds way too stressful for me, and overall, not any fun.

The only positive about this pack, seems to be kids/toddlers getting new hair (which is weird considering all of the other packs where it would have been more fitting for them to get new hair, they choose the one that has nothing to do with kids/toddlers whatsoever, almost as a greater incentive to buy :# ), but even that certainly isn't worth it.

Just like I said since this was first announced, this could have, and should have imo, easily been a patch.
  • AloeVistaAloeVista Posts: 326 Member
    edited January 2020
    Okay first, I wanted to ask this and wasn't sure where else to put this but:
    Is anyone else upset by the low energy the Murphy bed has? Its set as low as it can be - 1. Thus I haven't even bothered using them because that right there immediately discouraged me. People have said that you can upgrade them, but does that improve the energy replenishment at all? Also, the TVs give a low amount of fun at 2, which is pretty upsetting for me as well. I mean realistically speaking who has ever heard of ANY TV providing such low fun?

Moving on. Overall I'm already disenchanted that I bought this SP. Initially when they had revealed the concept I was intrigued, as normally I like to play in massive houses that I build and the notion of attempting to play sims in small ones interested me for the challenge that it would provide alone; however, I feel like ultimately this SP misses the mark severely when it comes to players like me. I like to play with fairly large families, and there's no chance to do it with this SP. I mean, you can try and squeeze a family of 5 into a Tier 3 Tiny home, but it'll be a colossal challenge and even if you pull it off it won't be as fun or immersive due to the great amount of sacrifices you'd have to make to accomplish it.

I was kind of hoping we'd be able to make 'tiny homes' that were...well, bigger than what the tiny home requirements limit you too. I'll admit that I absolutely LOATHE the tile criteria that it strong-arms you to, as it really does severely limit the amount of building options you can work with - such as adding multiple floors. I would have liked to make a tiny home with several floors... AND a cute wrap-around porch/deck, but nope, why? Because you guys decided to count porches and decks - whole rooms essentially, because this game's build mode is heavily centered on room formations - count toward your tile limit too. I just wish they added more options for players like me who'd like to go beyond those limits and still be able to enjoy the content with bigger households. I don't like that most of the 'tiny home benefits' are greatly stripped from the two higher tiers versus the slew of benefits you get with the micro home.

Ugh, it just drained a lot of the fun of building for me out of it. I don't think I'll get much use out of this waste of $10 to be honest. I think what I'll probably do is build one tiny home, have a tiny family play in it for a bit (and by tiny I just mean a couple and maybe one child) and when they're ready to expand their family I'll just move out to one of my regular bigger homes. I'll agree with some of the feedback from other posters in here though; I feel like a lot of the things in this SP should have just been Discover University content. I mean come on, space-saving concept? Hello? That just SCREAMS college! I was into all of that stuff when I was getting my degree and had no choice but to live on or near campus.

Once again EA, this SP - nice concept, poor execution. That's just my opinion though, if others are enjoying it then good for them.
    rvbRMVD.jpg
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    AloeVista wrote: »
    Is anyone else upset by the low energy the Murphy bed has? Its set as low as it can be - 1. Thus I haven't even bothered using them because that right there immediately discouraged me. People have said that you can upgrade them, but does that improve the energy replenishment at all? Also, the TVs give a low amount of fun at 2, which is pretty upsetting for me as well. I mean realistically speaking who has ever heard of ANY TV providing such low fun?

Moving on. Overall I'm already disenchanted that I bought this SP. Initially when they had revealed the concept I was intrigued, as normally I like to play in massive houses that I build and the notion of attempting to play sims in small ones interested me for the challenge that it would provide alone; however, I feel like ultimately this SP misses the mark severely when it comes to players like me. I like to play with fairly large families, and there's no chance to do it with this SP. I mean, you can try and squeeze a family of 5 into a Tier 3 Tiny home, but it'll be a colossal challenge and even if you pull it off it won't be as fun or immersive due to the great amount of sacrifices you'd have to make to accomplish it.

I was kind of hoping we'd be able to make 'tiny homes' that were...well, bigger than what the tiny home requirements limit you too. I'll admit that I absolutely LOATHE the tile criteria that it strong-arms you to, as it really does severely limit the amount of building options you can work with - such as adding multiple floors. I would have liked to make a tiny home with several floors... AND a cute wrap-around porch/deck, but nope, why? Because you guys decided to count porches and decks - whole rooms essentially, because this game's build mode is heavily centered on room formations - count toward your tile limit too. I just wish they added more options for players like me who'd like to go beyond those limits and still be able to enjoy the content with bigger households. I don't like that most of the 'tiny home benefits' are greatly stripped from the two higher tiers versus the slew of benefits you get with the micro home.

Ugh, it just drained a lot of the fun of building for me out of it. I don't think I'll get much use out of this waste of $10 to be honest. I think what I'll probably do is build one tiny home, have a tiny family play in it for a bit (and by tiny I just mean a couple and maybe one child) and when they're ready to expand their family I'll just move out to one of my regular bigger homes. I'll agree with some of the feedback from other posters in here though; I feel like a lot of the things in this SP should have just been Discover University content. I mean come on, space-saving concept? Hello? That just SCREAMS college! I was into all of that stuff when I was getting my degree and had no choice but to live on or near campus.

Once again EA, this SP - nice concept, poor execution. That's just my opinion though, if others are enjoying it then good for them.

This is nothing new with this version and the golden age of gaming ended an long time ago for now it is all about the money and the way I see it you now must pay for neighborhoods which appears to be EA/Maxis new sale model versus what the customer was able to do in earlier versions. Most of the packs are limited in creativity and features.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Is this the place to report glitches? My sim can't sleep on her new micro sized lot for more than a few seconds. The arc for her recovery circles green all the way around but she gets no refreshment and wakes up in a few minutes.
    Do you have a stereo turned on? Try to turn it off before you send your sim to bed.
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    edited January 2020
    I didn't have my hopes very high in the first place since Uni was a failure (still not working properly), Get Famous utterly broken (going on 2 months now), RoM a bit underwhelming...

I haven't tried the murphy beds yet since hearing all the horror stories, and since they take up EXACTLY the same size as a full double-bed, where's the space savings? You know... there is no way they could mess up BUNK BEDS not taking up less space than a double-bed or two singles... and guess what we DIDN'T get...

I liked the idea of one-tile wide desks, but then I realized there already are 3 others from previous packs...

The multi tv/stereo/bookshelf thing is definitely new. I was looking forward to using it but after using it, I realized none of them can be used without turning off the others. Using the TV turns off the radio, and vice-versa. Plus, a lot of the standard options are missing. I played around and realized it's 2 tiles wide. I can place a small tv in one slot, next to it have a 1 tile wide wall bookcase with a small stereo under it. Isn't that 2 tiles? I can do the same thing with existing resources, take up the same amount of space and it's CHEAPER. $300 cheaper. The combo thing is more expensive, takes up the same space, and has less options. Plus, since they crammed all the options together, you have to go through several menus to find what you want. Takes longer to use.

As for the rest, new clothing, hair, standard objects are always welcome but don't really fit for "tiny living"

I DO like the "Tiny" house thing tho. I redesigned one of my own starter homes a little since it was already about at 64 tiles. Wanted to try the skills-gain thing. It made it quite a bit OP. I had my sim make a gourmet meal... before the meal was done cooking, my sim went up TWO skill levels! Started at 3.5, went straight past 4 to level 5. In cooking ONE MEAL. Not sure if I'll use that either any more.

With the 32-tiles micro home? double gardening speed? Holy moses... My gardening is ALREADY too fast! My plants evolve almost daily as it is. I actually had to STOP using the beehive in order to SLOW IT DOWN some.

Tiny Living... Tiny pack, tiny price, tiny worth.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Murphy beds are terrible. They break almost every night. My sims keep getting crushed several times a night. For a hero object, they’re not so good. They should’ve just added bunk beds or a pull-out couch.

Also, the pack is not good for family play. I can barely fit 3 sims into a tier 2 home. And a tier 1 home? Forget it!
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    I am astonished that the majority of people want the death nerfed. They set it up so that those who wanted a death had it. Now everyone is saying they won't use the beds until it's nerfed. They explained in the live stream how to prevent the death.. IN DETAIL.
    When they do nerf it then the players who bought the SP specifically for that will lose out on their money. Like all the other deaths I'm sure it will eventually be set to were it barley occurs. Such a shame.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    I am astonished that the majority of people want the death nerfed. They set it up so that those who wanted a death had it. Now everyone is saying they won't use the beds until it's nerfed. They explained in the live stream how to prevent the death.. IN DETAIL.
    When they do nerf it then the players who bought the SP specifically for that will lose out on their money. Like all the other deaths I'm sure it will eventually be set to were it barley occurs. Such a shame.

I'm actually not surprised. The same thing happened with vampires. People don't listen and they buy whatever it is whether they like/want it or not and then the people that actually wanted it for the purpose it was meant for lose out. :/
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    AloeVista wrote: »

You can build any type of home you want, you don't have to go by the lot type if you don't want to. Build to your own specifications.

If you feel like a pack called Tiny Living doesn't suit you as a player who prefers large homes and families, it's not that it misses the mark, it's that it was never aimed at you to begin with.

I have my own issues with the pack content but take it for what it is.

Just watched the LGR review..he has said what EVERYONE has been saying (least me.) ALL ALONG! Would have made better sense to include them in DU.

"it's just that this dag gum game has been around for almost 6 years now and after 16 stuff packs I'm more bit fatigued."
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

Yep. They did it to my precious vampires and aliens. R.I.P to the murphey bed next😖
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I feel like a good compromise would have been to make two murphy beds: a cheap deadly one and a pricy (but not too expensive) non-deadly one.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    I feel like a good compromise would have been to make two murphy beds: a cheap deadly one and a pricy (but not too expensive) non-deadly one.

That would have been great.

I started a new game with some poor sims in a tiny home and they cannot afford the Murphy bed!
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    edited January 2020

So, are you saying the ONLY reason they made that object at all is to KILL SIMS? I highly doubt that.

If you don't like how it's set up, either now or in the future, that's what MODS are for. I don't care one way or another how they set it. If I want it a certain way, I'll either download a mod that changes it or make one myself.

It's like the seasons thing with gardening. I HATE the fact that plants only grow 1 or 2 seasons a year. I don't want them indoors like in a greenhouse because "Sheltered" reduces the number of harvestables, by 50% or more sometimes. I know some people (maybe?) like that feature so I won't demand they change it. {cough} I just wrote a mod. Now ALL plants in my game grow all year 'round.

If you like how it is... great! If you don't, look for a mod. If you can't find one, learn and make one yourself. Easy-peasey.