Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dream Big, Build Small with The Sims 4 Tiny Living

Comments

• KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    I'm always excited for new stuff for my sims homes, I tend to use the same items/colours all the time. Tiny living though...not so much. I can BUILD tiny, if I put my mind to it, but living small.....? Not really. Can't do apartements, its way too restricted. All my sims end up with large mansions, or at least enough space for everything they need for every skill/hobby/whatnot. I might be spoiling my sims....? At least they (read: I) need their space!

And uhh....that 3-4 storey house isn't really tiny, though....? But hey, yeah....I'll probably get the pack, 'cause its all about the stuff.
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Hmm yes @Chazzzy A Victorian type Murphy bed would be really neat
  • secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    Will this pack be available for Sims 4 legacy users ??????

No - we don't get any more packs (if you are a mac user you can probably install a windows partition to continue - but eew windows 7)

That's actually really lame. So legacy users only get everything that's been released so far but nothing more?

Yes the legacy edition doesn't work with any new packs from DU onwards.
  • UnknownGamerUnknownGamer Posts: 77 Member
    Nice concept I guess?? But I’m not a fan of it. The only good thing seems to be the Murphy Beds. Ironically they don’t really fit in with the small theme , bunk beds would have been better.

Also a few missing features like ladders, spiral staircases and more which would have fit perfectly into small homes.
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    Something you see a lot in tiny houses is a two burner stove. Does the pack include one?
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    Will this pack be available for Sims 4 legacy users ??????

No - we don't get any more packs (if you are a mac user you can probably install a windows partition to continue - but eew windows 7)

That's actually really lame. So legacy users only get everything that's been released so far but nothing more?

That's the point of the legacy edition though. To give players stuck with 32 bit a "finished" game. Everyone else with 64 bit gets to move on with a better game, at least that's the idea. 32 bit support was holding the game back. If you want more packs, you need to get a better system with 64 bit.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    mlnov39 wrote: »
    Something you see a lot in tiny houses is a two burner stove. Does the pack include one?

I'm hoping there are more things included than what they've shown.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

Nope
  • LivRaeLivRae Posts: 4 New Member
    i actually find the idea very unique and totally did not expect it. however i do think it was a major loss to not add bunk beds but i’m definitely buying tiny homes for the hell of it!
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    SimGuruFrost will be announcing a contest for codes.

New year, new stuff pack! Super excited to finally announce this. Murphy beds and new lot trait that makes building a challenge!

Stay tuned to my Twitter later today where I announce a Tiny Living Contest where you can win PC codes for this new stuff pack!

https://twitter.com/SimGuruFrost

I'm wondering why anyone would be "Super Excited" about this concept, I'm feeling "so what"

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited January 2020
    lisamwitt wrote: »

I'm hoping there are more things included than what they've shown.
    I'm pretty sure they've limited themselves to ONLY ONE new gameplay object per stuff pack. Silly, I know, but that's how they limit the budget for stuff packs. Not that they couldn't include more gameplay objects and just do less CAS for instance, but hey.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • HousesforSims_Co55HousesforSims_Co55 Posts: 1 New Member
    About the contest, why are Brazil and Argentina not eligible to participate in it? Does anyone know?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    About the contest, why are Brazil and Argentina not eligible to participate in it? Does anyone know?

• painting_trees89painting_trees89 Posts: 27 Member
    I can’t wait to make a studio apartment with the new bed. But how about other space saving items like bunk beds, or spiral stair cases... actually spiral not square spiral. 😕
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Yes, Sim builders ALREADY build tiny houses. However, at least now we can reclassify them as tiny houses and reduce the bills. Without making any other changes on lots with this footprint size. Still, they should at least include bunk beds and spiral staircases. What are we supposed to do, put the stairs OUTSIDE the house? That makes it more like two separate studio apartments or like a treehouse. Also, we really could use vertical ladders (don't they already have the climbing animation with the rock wall in Fitness Stuff?).
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    I can’t wait to make a studio apartment with the new bed. But how about other space saving items like bunk beds, or spiral stair cases... actually spiral not square spiral. 😕

Agreed! Looking at the trailer it relies so heavily on the bed as the novelty. Everything else seems kinda doable already. One tiled tables? Already got those. Small TV? Scale it yourself using keys []. Small house? Well, just build a small house. If they included bunk beds, and spiral staircase like you said. I'll be like 'TAKE MA MONEY' but no. Sads.

Well, at least there's the one tile coffee table to look forward to. Tho, that's already doable. :\

Please EA make a vehicles stuff pack! and a neighborhood with car themed venues/lots like dirt road racing or bouncing through a jungle on a mountain bike or a 4x4. I'll burn all my money on that. :)
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    First stuff pack I am truly I interested in! Can't wait!
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • RavenchRavench Posts: 35 Member
    While I like the idea of this pack it doesn't actually add anything that we didn't already have/could do but for the murphy bed and the lot traits.
    The thing that bugs me the most is that the pack is utterly lacking in the ability of being able to be creative with space; fitting stuff into spaces they don't normally fit into, a critical feature of tiny living.
    Aside from the bed, there is not one single new object that takes up less space than it did before, which to me, makes it completely defeat the purpose of the the whole pack.
    I'm not impressed.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Well, you gave us one hood before to build on. What about another hood with a whole bunch of small properties so we can have a tiny house community?
  • WillskyWillsky Posts: 63 Member
    Really like this pack, and I'm definatly going to get this one! :smile: Just wish there was a new window but overall it's one of the best.
  • MothmanMerlinMothmanMerlin Posts: 39 Member
    This looks like it could be a fun pack! I'm always rearing for more build/buy.
    suspected osdd-1b system|he/him|heavily modded game, see something you like, just ask:>|novice programmer and experienced artist|
    "it's like one of my Japanese animes!"
  • Eurostar1127Eurostar1127 Posts: 84 Member
    Who sings the song 'Let it shine' in the Tiny Homes video?
    Long blond haired slim androgynous looking bi boy from London UK.
  • menysanasmenysanas Posts: 22 Member
    I am so excited about this pack! I love this tiny idea! I'm waiting for it... :p
  • AbeericAbeeric Posts: 28 Member
    I'm excited for this one!! I love building tiny homes, I like that challenge of putting everything my little Sims need into a tiny space while still making it look and feel cool. More stuffs to help me make that happen!! Heck yeah.
    Still... We need those ladders!!!