Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dream Big, Build Small with The Sims 4 Tiny Living

Comments

• TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited January 2020
    moved
    y'all got bread?
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    A whopping sixteen Stuff Packs (soon to be seventeen) and not one of them are aimed at occults.

Don't care for anything they've shown aside from murphy beds, and I'm not interested in the theme. It doesn't really fill in missing gaps in gameplay or design, like Moschino, Laundry Day and Backyard Stuff did. I'll be skipping this one.
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I know there will be a cheat to unlock the tile limit.

I’m only confused because we can already build tiny homes. Soooo why did they feel the need to make a new lot type?

The bed seems cool, though.
    So they can make the pack look like it's adding more to the game than it actually is. /jk
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    I'm not sure it's actually a new lot type - it sounds to me (and I am frequently wrong, so take this with a grain of salt) that if you keep the footprint of the house under 100 tiles (or 10x10 if it's a square) it registers as a tiny house and unlocks the bonuses. As for what they are, usually if someone goes to the trouble of building a tiny house they are wanting to reduce bills, so that seems to follow.

As far as a relationship bonus goes, maybe it affects negative relationships as well if you've been shut up in your tiny house with someone for too long. That could be fun. :p

Got this from the video

02559491-93-AB-42-BC-80-C4-933106-CB8-B4-F.jpg

Apparently once you switch the lot type to Tiny Home, that’s when you’re limited to the 100 tiles and such.

That would be a pretty clear indication that it's a new lot type then. :D (I like my idea better.)
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I am mostly confused

tiny living? yas
    murphy bed? yas
    that 1 tile desk? yas

everything else? what does this have to do with tiny living? those objects literally save no space?

at least give us some space saving kitchen appliances darn it or loft beds or something come on

I didn't notice the desk til reading your comment. Love it. I use the 1 tile desks most the time in my Sims homes and we are very limited in design styles for them right now lol. Another option would be great :)
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    edited January 2020
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I'm not sure it's actually a new lot type - it sounds to me (and I am frequently wrong, so take this with a grain of salt) that if you keep the footprint of the house under 100 tiles (or 10x10 if it's a square) it registers as a tiny house and unlocks the bonuses. As for what they are, usually if someone goes to the trouble of building a tiny house they are wanting to reduce bills, so that seems to follow.

As far as a relationship bonus goes, maybe it affects negative relationships as well if you've been shut up in your tiny house with someone for too long. That could be fun. :p

Got this from the video

02559491-93-AB-42-BC-80-C4-933106-CB8-B4-F.jpg

Apparently once you switch the lot type to Tiny Home, that’s when you’re limited to the 100 tiles and such.

Yeah I got that too.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I am mostly confused

tiny living? yas
    murphy bed? yas
    that 1 tile desk? yas

everything else? what does this have to do with tiny living? those objects literally save no space?

at least give us some space saving kitchen appliances darn it or loft beds or something come on

There's apparently a tv, stereo, bookcase combo, but they could have done that at any given time, even patch it, so idk.

i mean yeah but been doing that for ages already you just need bookcase tv and wall speaker some moveobjects and alt and it all works geez
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • freezrbunnyfreezrbunny Posts: 4 New Member
    [quote="PlayerSinger2010;c-17361105"][b]DEATH BY MURPHY BED[/b][/quote]

Excellent >:)
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I wonder how this is going to work for large families. As it is, it's difficult for a starting family to purchase a home if they have more than 1 child already. The trailer said bills will be reduced for tiny houses. Will the purchase cost also be reduced as well?
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    It looks cute, but I find it weird that Murphy beds have to be bought separately in a stuff pack in this iteration. But then again, the same happened to bowling, so eh
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • freezrbunnyfreezrbunny Posts: 4 New Member
    Oh no. Post fail.

Super excited for a new death though. Fearing my Sims death every time they go to bed will be a whole new way to play. :p
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    A whopping sixteen Stuff Packs (soon to be seventeen) and not one of them are aimed at occults.

In fairness anything occult-themed usually comes in a GP or EP. To be honest I’d be worried that any occult in a SP wouldn’t get the depth they deserve.

• SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    this should've been part of discover university.

notice how the furnitures look similar to what we've gotten with the EP.

they could have easily named this as 'my first dorm stuff pack', different name, same story.

I was actually thinking it looked more similar to the furniture that came with Bowling Night Stuff. But at this point I suppose you can say anything "should've" been part of anything else.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2020
    Objects I can see form the trailer:

New door
    New plant
    New 1 tile desk
    New sink
    2 new TV's (TV, bookcase, radio combos)
    2 Murphy beds, one serves as a couch too
    1 new bathroom wall decor
    1 new ceiling lamp
    1 new dresser
    1 new chair
    1 new floor lamp
    1 new dining chair
    1 new living room chair that looks like a square pillow
    1 new book with plants decor item
    1 new book case looking wall decor item
    1 new table lamp
    1 new rug
    1 new tray decor item
    1new wall lamp
    1 new singles bed
    1 new painting
    1 new toilet
    3 new tables, 1 tile coffee table/end tables, 1 square and 2 round
    1 new living room chair
    1 new wall plant decor
    1 new sofa
    1 new bar/tall dining table
    1 new bar stool

They went nuts with the chairs and tables on this pack. Poor tea pot brewer still only has one "skin" ahaha A little sad/disappointed there didn't seem to be any new wallpapers and flooring included in the pack :\ I was hoping for a good looking bathroom tile wallpaper and matching flooring.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

Expected. What I want to know is if death by murphy bed gives ghosts any cool visual effects and powers.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member

they could have easily named this as 'my first dorm stuff pack', different name, same story.

I was actually thinking it looked more similar to the furniture that came with Bowling Night Stuff. But at this point I suppose you can say anything "should've" been part of anything else.

i think bowling night has more of a retro look while discover university leans on ikea style which this new stuff pack comes with i guess.
    y'all got bread?
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited January 2020

In fairness anything occult-themed usually comes in a GP or EP. To be honest I’d be worried that any occult in a SP wouldn’t get the depth they deserve.
    I don't mean putting an occult in an SP. (Though I feel we could do that for witches- reintroduce them in an SP, but only give them new spells the pack introduces, and don't include any new worlds.) I'm thinking of stuff to enhance occult life, that can still be used by other sims. Basically what Happy Haunts was offering.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2020

That loveseat definitely reminded me of the one from Bowling. Maybe just because it’s rounded around the back.

And the sweaters look like they belong in the new Knitting pack.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2020
    My favorite thing about this pack is the fact that it’s releasing sooner than I estimated. I guessed February for our next pack and this one will be out within 2 weeks!

Don't care for anything they've shown aside from murphy beds, and I'm not interested in the theme. It doesn't really fill in missing gaps in gameplay or design, like Moschino, Laundry Day and Backyard Stuff did. I'll be skipping this one.
    I know there will be a cheat to unlock the tile limit.

I’m only confused because we can already build tiny homes. Soooo why did they feel the need to make a new lot type?

The bed seems cool, though.
    So they can make the pack look like it's adding more to the game than it actually is. /jk

We need more normal everyday things in this game! The last year was full of occults, Jesus....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I am in love with the style of items and the cas, so no doubt I will buy this, just aware that I am hyping myself up over a pack centred around a literal bed lol
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    This was a total surprise and I love it. I like my Sims to live in tiny homes, so this is right up my alley. I can't wait to see all the cute tiny builds on gallery after the release of this pack. :)
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    My favorite thing about this pack is the fact that it’s releasing sooner than I estimated. I guessed February for our next pack and this one will be out within 2 weeks!

I'm really surprised it's coming out so soon. I was thinking February too.
    edited January 2020
    rinre33 wrote: »
    I am in love with the style of items and the cas, so no doubt I will buy this, just aware that I am hyping myself up over a pack centred around a literal bed lol

Yeah I like them too. They aren't old looking or bulky, like a lot of the things we got in the past.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1