Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

January Patch Speculation 2020

So what do you think the January Update will fix? Sadly I'm not expecting much.

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I don't think there will be a patch
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

Same.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member

I hope so. There is still bugs to fix.
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    bug fixes then a pre-patch for GP08.
    y'all got bread?
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I have issues with whims only completing some of the time. Hopefully it will fix that.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • WillskyWillsky Posts: 63 Member
    I hope one day they fix the issue with placing mirrors, as you cant move them down using the alt key; like pictures.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited January 2020
    You never know. This was the month in 2017 that we got toddlers and none of us seen that coming. I'm actually crossing my fingers for something that like. Maybe a baby update or another thing that has been highly requested cars or personality overhaul.

Also, there was tweet from Lindsey that said something about hearing family players and that she's a family player, too. So that gives me a small sliver of hope for 2020.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    If they announce a patch, I'll be praying for overhauled babies and a lot of bug fixes.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Hopefully bug fixes. My (favorite) sim is still not able to take off her robo arm. I guess she'll die sooner then this bug is fixed :(
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
    The shower tub combos are not filling hygiene and sims are still swimming in sand at the beaches.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    edited January 2020
    probably a small patch to fix the shower tub combo and the maid fast forward glitch.

i'm hoping for a gamepack in jan tho, but we'll probably see feb being the biggest patch month since the sims is turning 20
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Well, if EA does release another patch this month, I'll be playing off line for another couple of months, or playing the Legacy Edition a lot more. I'm pretty much fed up with these monster sized patches that fix a few bugs then throw my game into total chaos. And it seems as if these patches are becoming more trouble than they're worth. Yes, I realize the teams work hard and all that, but the last two patches were not very nice to my game. My vanilla test save is a mess, and I haven't played my favorite save since November because I'm afraid to even load it. I went so far as to uninstall then reinstall and even that didn't help. I created a second vanilla save, and there are no differences to be seen between them, both are still a mess. Since the release of IL I have spent more time fixing my game than I have spent playing it. So this player could use a short break from all the patches and updates for a month or more. It wouldn't hurt my feelings one little bit.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

I hope so. There is still bugs to fix.

yes I know but I feel like most everyone will be spending time with family
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    Based on this tweet the Jan Update might just be the PC/Console Gallery. I'm assuming console and pc will get this update on the same day.

• AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    Since Tiny Living is coming on the 21st, the patch is probably coming Tuesday or Thursday. My money is on Thursday.
    Since Tiny Living is coming on the 21st, the patch is probably coming Tuesday or Thursday. My money is on Thursday.

Yep Thursday and I hope it's the crossforming gallery.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    You never know. This was the month in 2017 that we got toddlers and none of us seen that coming. I'm actually crossing my fingers for something that like. Maybe a baby update or another thing that has been highly requested cars or personality overhaul.

Also, there was tweet from Lindsey that said something about hearing family players and that she's a family player, too. So that gives me a small sliver of hope for 2020.

A YouTuber speculated that we will be getting improved babies soon.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    I hope they fix the shower combos, the problems with the actor prep tasks and NPCs in restaurants not eating after finishing their drinks. Then the game would be in surprisingly good shape.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    We need more off-the-grid objects & more Star Wars Outfits please.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    And more Big Little Lies outfits too.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I hope they fix the going out thing that is happening in my game: everytime i send a sim out everyone that stays at home gets out of their bed (if they were sleeping). They just simply stand at the front of their house doing nothing... is this just happening in my game? Or am i doing something wrong?
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Hopefully the combo shower issue that they broke last patch.
    Also I have this one problem where if a sim has a guest over they somehow lock themselves in the bathroom which I'm hoping gets fixed.
    And some of the University glitches like sims not being able to use the dorm bathroom if another sim is showering.
  • secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    No patch :(
  • aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    I think we'll get the patch on Thursday with some surprises.
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    Maybe they'll shock us and give us bunk beds in the base game patch. They did say it wouldn't come in a SP, they didn't say it couldn't be done outside of it though.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.