Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help with TS2 custom neighborhood installation

windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
Hello Fellow Simmers;
I installed a custom neighborhood recently, but the picture on the opening screen shows a Grid instead of the picture that came with the hood. Does anyone remember how to change the picture? I used to know, but that was a long, long time ago. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2019
    The neighborhood picture must be saved as .png file not a .jpg. Also, sometimes (not always) it may be the size is too small or too large. I have seen where I had to edit size down to 300x225 but other times I could use 600x etc. I'm pretty sure the size matters, and Maxis recommended 300x225. Should look like this depending on your hood number. Example: N007_Neighborhood but a .png file. You can edit it in Paint and save as .png. (Make sure you save as into the particular hood you need to make the picture for)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    The neighborhood picture must be saved as .png file not a .jpg. Also, sometimes (not always) it may be the size is too small or too large. I have seen where I had to edit size down to 300x225 but other times I could use 600x etc. I'm pretty sure the size matters, and Maxis recommended 300x225. Should look like this depending on your hood number. Example: N007_Neighborhood but a .png file. You can edit it in Paint and save as .png. (Make sure you save as into the particular hood you need to make the picture for)

Thank you Cinebar, I'll go try that. Now that I see your answer, I do have a vague recollection of that. It's just been a long time since I've played every day like I do now. Have a wonderful day, thank you.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8