Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some underrated features of your favorite packs?

Comments

• TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Soccer ball You can build relationships gain fun and level fitness at the same time. You can also become famous if u jughle long enough:)
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    Soccer ball You can build relationships gain fun and level fitness at the same time. You can also become famous if u jughle long enough:)

The way they animated the soccer ball makes me reminisce about the hacky-sack from Sims 2 University. That was a great way to have fun and build social and relationships.
    The tents from Outdoor Retreat. They are so versatile from being something to use at home for campouts, homeless Sims or just vagabond Sims not living in homes but living off the land. Jungle Adventure too. You can read a guide, relax, nap, sleep or woohoo in them. I think you can also hangout in them also if you have a group of friends or family.

I'm not sure if Seasons affect them though. And lastly they haven't been cloned or reused in any way so they are a fairly unique object in that respect also :)
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited December 2019
    I wouldn't call these my favourite packs but i think I really need to remind people

1. get together comes with arcade game thingy even if it is mega big i totally missed that myself and only noticed like year later that it exists o_o

2. garlic wreaths in vampires pack cause they cute and i just realized I never made one

3. aaaand for stuff pack I could remind people that fitness stuff also has workout via tv which is neat as heck

bonus: JA rumbasim is the cutest dance style and idk why people keep ignoring it exists who cares about exploring jungle when you can rumbasim
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • mickimagnummickimagnum Posts: 74 Member
    Vampires: When I'm out hunting on a vampire character, I will often chat up my victim Sim in public space then use the "Chat Here" option to lure my victim to a more private space. If you end up accidentally bringing more than one person, I'll use the vampire command trait to force the unwanted person to leave. That way you can feed without negatively affecting relationships with any nearby Sims.
    Origin ID: mickimagnum
    My Sims Blog

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    The fat that there is a vampire power to allow you to break into homes. And if nobody catches you (or you don't have Get Famous) drinking from a Sim, you don't lose reputation. My primary targets are the Pancakes, Johnny Zest, and Venessa Jeong. I don't think you get the annoying phone call scolding you either.
    funny-gifs20.gif

Simmingal wrote: »
    I wouldn't call these my favourite packs but i think I really need to remind people

1. get together comes with arcade game thingy even if it is mega big i totally missed that myself and only noticed like year later that it exists o_o

2. garlic wreaths in vampires pack cause they cute and i just realized I never made one

3. aaaand for stuff pack I could remind people that fitness stuff also has workout via tv which is neat as heck

bonus: JA rumbasim is the cutest dance style and idk why people keep ignoring it exists who cares about exploring jungle when you can rumbasim

Omg I totally forgot about the arcade game!
    I've never made a garlic wreath
    I love the workout via tv that is fun and just super lively.

I've never experienced the dance style from JA.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Selvadoradian culture. The fact that you can leatn a skill only by interacting with members of that culture..so realistic
  • ArialisimsArialisims Posts: 120 Member
    @Atreya33 YES! I also wonder if multi tasking slows down their stuff. like listening to music or chatting while doing homework...I'd like to know for sure tho...
    also now I want fitness stuff :)
    VbXPSzu.png
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited December 2019
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    Selvadoradian culture. The fact that you can leatn a skill only by interacting with members of that culture..so realistic
    Since consuming Selvadoradiam food and drink boosts your skill, you can also immerse yourself in their culture by getting juiced at the bar.
    Post edited by Gordy on
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    The tents from Outdoor Retreat. They are so versatile from being something to use at home for campouts, homeless Sims or just vagabond Sims not living in homes but living off the land. Jungle Adventure too. You can read a guide, relax, nap, sleep or woohoo in them. I think you can also hangout in them also if you have a group of friends or family.

I'm not sure if Seasons affect them though. And lastly they haven't been cloned or reused in any way so they are a fairly unique object in that respect also :)

They work well with Seasons. They do keep them dry in the rain, and they count as being 'indoors' during a blizzard or thunderstorm. (They're quite useful if you want to visit a non-vacation world for several days.) Also, your Sim can learn herbalism recipes by reading the woodland magazine (one of the tent options).
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I like a lot of aspects of the game. I saw the list of how packs sold and I'm surprised about Spa Day. That was one of my first packs. I like having many community venues including playable spas, restaurants, bowling alleys, cinemas and more.

I also really like Seasons and Cats and Dogs. I like changing the thermostat and having different weather preferences for different sims. Most packs have something that I like about them which is why I got them. Eventually I get around to using it all. Even though I'm not a supernatural player, I like the pumpkin carving station for example. I also like restaurants though I'd like them to fix the recent bug in which non-playable sims quit eating.

I like making different households that feel a bit different from each other with different decor and objects. I have households that are more working class, interested in a simpler life and ones that are fancier. It is enjoyable to experience the different lifestyles and then to see how they interact.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I like having the air mattress bed from OR in my sims inventory. When they visit family without spare bed, they can plop down the air mattress from their inventory to spend the night.

I love all the cute little game play objects from stuff packs.

I love all the flashy and weird cas outfits for my aliens.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
    I think making different houses with different styles and switching it up with CAS items etc helps make the Sims all feel different. And I think there are things from the different packs that all play into that too.
    I like having the air mattress bed from OR in my sims inventory. When they visit family without spare bed, they can plop down the air mattress from their inventory to spend the night.

I love all the cute little game play objects from stuff packs.

I love all the flashy and weird cas outfits for my aliens.

I've definitely never used the inflatable bed from OR . A perfect reminder of something to try and the purpose of this thread ^^
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Seasons and the way the Sims slip in the mud puddles!! Hilarious! Every single time.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    Seasons and the way the Sims slip in the mud puddles!! Hilarious! Every single time.

I love it! Also watching them slowly walk and then slip and fall in a blizzard xD
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    The fact that, despite it being commonly mentioned that kids are left out of occults, alien children have an alien form with the alien armor. And when toddlers came out, they added the same alien features to toddlers!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    I'd say for me the only reason I got Jungle Adventure was because of it's little discussed-but-much used decor. I use a lot of pre-made lots and more often than not JA was needed to complete the look! So while I never use that pack and only went into the actual world once, I use it's decor every darn day.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    I'd say for me the only reason I got Jungle Adventure was because of it's little discussed-but-much used decor. I use a lot of pre-made lots and more often than not JA was needed to complete the look! So while I never use that pack and only went into the actual world once, I use it's decor every darn day.

I actually like vacationing in selvadorada but I feel the same about the vampire pack. I rarely play vampires but I use the CAS and BB in every save.
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

I actually like vacationing in selvadorada but I feel the same about the vampire pack. I rarely play vampires but I use the CAS and BB in every save.

I'm still trying to collect herbs from Outdoor Adventure so I'm really wringing the towel out of that game pack's usage before I start what will probably take an entire legacy game to discover all of Selvadorada.
    I actually really like Jungle Adventure. I didn't think I would because it's not my thing but I feel it's very well done . It's a vibrant world. The gameplay features are pretty well done and I really like the CAS. I should try the BB more too.
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    Underrated features of Vampires (for nice people): The ability to have a 'dark form' opens up WAY more story options than you ever thought possible. Seriously. As does the ability to hunt vampires.

Underrated features of Vampires (for other people): Vampire powers such as Drain Needs and Influence Emotions make it SUPER easy to kill sims on the spot. Like, too easy. I recently played a vampire serial killer and got bored.
    banner.png
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    The Scouting that comes with Seasons! It's super fun to collect the badges and actually made me play with a family because it gave kids something to do since they didn't have much in the base game.