Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Go to class problem

2...Next

Comments

• ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I think going to class should override other actions except maybe eating because I don't want sims to throw plates on the ground.

I had this issue again while I was playing two sims at once. I had a sim queued to go to class then went to attend to another playable sim but the first sim ended up being late because she didn't quit doing homework on time while she was just waiting for class to start.

It's annoying but it looks like you basically need to babysit them during the hour before they go to class including while waiting to enter class.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • GuinevereWyeGuinevereWye Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Sampeck95 said:
    > Last update sorry: the 3am saturday exam I previously mentioned was for my 8am Friday class, so I think the timing is way off which is why the "go to class" button isn't showing up during class time. I also noticed when I try to get food from the cafeteria it will tell me I have to wait until 5pm, but then it doesn't unlock until about 2 or more hours later. I don't know if this is due to my very old "sims computer" trying to keep up or is everyone else experiencing this extreme of a time lag??

Finally someone else with the same issue! I repaired the game and removed all mods and it's still happening! (Although w/o mods it's only 2 hours late instead of several) I do have a computer that can handle the game and its still happening. The timer for class will count down and even turn to 'happening now' but no go to class option or prompt which will come up several hours later.....so they can get to class but at like 10pm for their 8am class. Classmate sims will hang out around in front of the building at the normal time for class but will seem stuck to the spot waiting all day for when it opens up. I am also having issues with the cafeteria item saying it opens at 7am....7am, 8am passes and they arrive at like 1pm. I notice the time difference gets worse when I go 3x speed but it happens anyways. And when I restart the game sometimes it will jump around from the time I left it on by several hours or even a day.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Console players just got DU and I'm absolutely baffled over how this works. I thought for sure I was missing something but nope sure enough only the Sim knows where their class is at not me. Sims also seem to linger before and after class which is fine but not when they are gonna miss their next class because I don't know where they are supposed to go next.
  • amaixyasaiamaixyasai Posts: 21 Member
    edited December 2019
    Im having this issue as well. Mostly the sim just standing there and not going to class. She lives at home in the only lot in Britechester. Sometimes she leaves when it prompts and sometimes it doesn’t despite her not doing anything. And once she comes back, she sometimes doesn’t appear back home until 30m-1hr after her class ends. Usually a few minutes after which is fine but 1 hr was just crazy! And I have noticed a lot more time lag and lag with sims doing things. They’d just be idle or take longer finishing the action when the circle on the left has already filled. I just installed University after Christmas too :( can’t really enjoy it!
    P.S. I don’t use and have never had mods or CC in my game.
  • BaktaBakta Posts: 1 New Member
    Student on Distinguished Biology course , 3 +1 (robotic).

Tested with no mods on
    Class starts at 1:30, "go to class button" appears only at 1:30; no "go to class early" button at all. The workaround is obvious, but a "go to class" early would be nice.
  • DanitsiaDanitsia Posts: 12 New Member
    I don't understand why a POP UP doesn't come up for "Going to Class Early" --- because as a household of 6 that's hard to remember. It should come up like the "Go to Work" pop ups where you are asked if you want to send your Sim alone or join them.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Even better would be the TS2 process of sim leaves automatically 1 hour before class unless player cancels it out to finish something first. As soon as sim is at lot boundary it disappears and the 'in class' flag appears on sim's icon. Just like rabbit hole jobs.
  • BethabjBethabj Posts: 1 New Member
    My sims don't go to their University classes, one of my sim's classes started at 1:30pm and she didnt try to go until 8:45pm! Does anyone else have this problem and how do i fix it?
  • soyyemayasitasoyyemayasita Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="Bethabj;c-17380513"]My sims don't go to their University classes, one of my sim's classes started at 1:30pm and she didnt try to go until 8:45pm! Does anyone else have this problem and how do i fix it?[/quote]

I have the very same issue. I can’t find a way to solve it. But I found that putting high speed makes everything worse.
    [quote="Bethabj;c-17380513"]My sims don't go to their University classes, one of my sim's classes started at 1:30pm and she didnt try to go until 8:45pm! Does anyone else have this problem and how do i fix it?[/quote]

I have the very same issue. I can’t find a way to solve it. But I found that putting high speed makes everything worse.

It’s 1:29 my sim finally made it to her 9:30 CLASS!
  • Sweetgirl612Sweetgirl612 Posts: 16 Member
    I have the same issue of sims not getting the option to go to class until hours after the class start time. I think it is possible that it could have something to do with having ever had a simulation lag fix installed in that save (even if it is removed), but I'm not sure. To those having this issue, have you ever had such a mod installed?