Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Britechester World Discussion

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
This is the place to discuss the Britechester World.

Comments

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    edited October 2019
    The world looks pretty huge!!
    Post edited by AquaGamer1212 on
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    I LOVE what we've seen so far. I'm not ruling out that I could bbe majorly dissapointed and it looks a lot better in the trailer than what it will later, but so far it definitely has the potential to become one of my favourite worlds.
  • butterflyxgirlbutterflyxgirl Posts: 427 Member
    I remember reading in either the blog post or somewhere that there’s a castle there, so that will be amazing to explore, is they let us!
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I'd love to know how exactly living on campus in this world works actually - like how dorms work? Is this the right thread to put that question until we get answers? :D There seems to be a common room + your dorm, but do you have to control the other sim too? I'm assuming you don't but u never know.
  • HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    It looks quite open similar to San Myshuno but also gives me Windenburg vibes. I'm glad we can ride bikes but it looks like its only going to be available for that world only.
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    I really like the look of this world. I'm definitely getting British vibes (I'm British & went to uni here) from it :). The University of Britechester looks like an Oxbridge/Redbrick older uni & the modern one could be any of our more modern ones. Plus biking around campus is pretty common here. Plus we don't have greek houses or bunk beds.

I really want to see the map and get lot numbers with sizes though. I'm slightly worried it will be too small to fit in buildings, as I'd expect to have separate dorms/libraries/bars/etc. for each university. Hopefully it will be big enough.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Can’t wait for the overview map, That usually comes inside the next patch, right?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    So I'm assuming this is a Residential World meaning your sim whether they go to Uni or not can live there or visit. Gamepacks so far are the only packs that's offered Destination Worlds.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    It reminds me of Windenburg. Definitely looks like a campus in England.
    Dianesims wrote: »
    It reminds me of Windenburg. Definitely looks like a campus in England.

Same.
    So I'm assuming this is a Residential World meaning your sim whether they go to Uni or not can live there or visit. Gamepacks so far are the only packs that's offered Destination Worlds.

Hmm interesting. To me it looks like there won't be much besides the campus itself, but I may be mistaken. Why do you think it will be a full residential world. Maybe I missed something interesting :)
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    There are a lot of questions:

1. How many neighborhoods are there?
    2. How many lots are there?
    3. Is there a map view?
    4. Are there secret lots that are inaccessible through the map?
    5. Are there special lots that you can't edit and/or change lot type?
    6. Is it a residential world, a destination world, or a new type of world altogether?
    7. Can Sims from other worlds visit Britechester?
    8. Can non-student Sims live in Britechester?
    9. Are there off-campus residential lots in Britechester?
    10. Are off-campus residential lots available to rent, or own, or both?
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Hmm interesting. To me it looks like there won't be much besides the campus itself, but I may be mistaken. Why do you think it will be a full residential world. Maybe I missed something interesting :)

Because this is an Expansion and Gamepacks seem to be the only packs that add Destinations. I could be wrong though.
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Because this is an Expansion and Gamepacks seem to be the only packs that add Destinations. I could be wrong though.

Possible but then Seasons didn't add a world at all and GTW only added Magnolia Promenade. I have a feeling it will be campus only. Although I do kinda wonder if both universities share the same map? Looks like it somehow.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I like the Gothic Architecture. The turrets, and even has some Second Empire Designs. mainly fawning over the Build content
    I would imagine both worlds are a Destination/Hidden Worlds. Like Get to Work. A sim could access it, and reside there by being admitted to the school.

I feel more inclined to send my sims to Britechester. Doesn't seem too Preppy, or Condescending.

I hope there is a 64x64 lot on campus I built a "High School" based off of One of my local Colleges buildings, and I wonder if I can fit it in Brite chester.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    edited October 2019
    WqG7Uqw.png
    From the blog, it shows the Foxbury Campus

VdgxXrC.png
    Another view of Foxbury

38ICwuW.png
    A view of the world?

Still can't tell if there's one big world or two small worlds for each campus. I think its one big one....

ZeuKv5G.png
    Courtyard of Britechester Uni

Sorry they're so big :weary:
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    edited October 2019

Just FYI - in response to someone asking if there are any buildable lots in the campuses or if they are only shell buildings. :)

Edit: typo
  • cryskcrysk Posts: 657 Member
    edited October 2019
    I think the World will have 3 neighbourhoods judging from the trailer

The University of Britechester
    ftHR3rH.jpg
    KWsNjtn.jpg
    ZP6jp8A.jpg
    IQkUvhz.jpg

The Foxbury Institute
    Z9yApGI.jpg
    WM55X3Y.jpg
    UjHEuyO.jpg
    NnhvmRE.jpg

And Britechester itself
    l7pTNbV.jpg

Edit: added some more pics
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I'm expecting what ends up being technically 3 or 4 neighborhoods, but in pairs that could technically be the same maps

One neighborhood for each primary campus, and one neighborhood for each campus' dorm buildings. Depending on how they have things set up, the campuses and the dorm buildings could each be the same for both campuses, with just some cosmetic rebranding depending on which campus you're attending, but I'd think that at least the dorms would be different - assuming you can have active sims in the same family attending different universities.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yes, I hope it is a working town or towns. I may even have a few sims stay on there as faculty. I'm always running out of empty lots since I make some into community spaces. I just went on a spree of that so I have only one or two blank lots left.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'm from England and that pic of the Britechester courtyard reminds me of the city of York.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I'm expecting what ends up being technically 3 or 4 neighborhoods, but in pairs that could technically be the same maps

One neighborhood for each primary campus, and one neighborhood for each campus' dorm buildings. Depending on how they have things set up, the campuses and the dorm buildings could each be the same for both campuses, with just some cosmetic rebranding depending on which campus you're attending, but I'd think that at least the dorms would be different - assuming you can have active sims in the same family attending different universities.

This but then a 5th neighborhood for community lots.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited October 2019
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

I'm pretty sure the actual classes would all be rabbit holes (since they didn't show any lectures/classrooms in the trailer) so I don't know what the purpose of having a primary campus neighborhood is. I think the campus and the dorms would all be in the same neighborhood, along with libraries and buildings for extracurricular activities (like robotics).
    This but then a 5th neighborhood for community lots.

5 would be really generous as we haven't gotten 5 neighborhoods in a pack since City Living three years ago (Island Living for example only had 3 neighborhoods).

I'm expecting one neighborhood for University of Britechester, one for the Foxbury Institute, and one for off-campus housing & community lots, for 3 neighborhoods in total.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    Sadly we'll most likely have to wait till the November 8th Livestream for info on this world.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited October 2019
    ZeuKv5G.png

I hope those easels aren't part of the public space and the students just put it there out of their inventory...
    But judging that there are Greek Banners in the area Now I'm afraid those are stuck there. unless it's like festivals, where if a Greek Fraternity/sorority is hosting an event their banners are up up?

But the neighborhood set up makes me hope that maybe Brightchester and Foxbury doesn't have to be a University world? But most likely they'll use special lots that can't be edited without cheats or something. but we have four visible lots here that can be manipulated somehow.

I really hope the dimensions of the Tower Lot are at the most 50x50. and the Lot next to it with the green roof is also 50x50.
    Omg and then the lot adjacent to the green roof lot is hopefully 30x40. I could turn this world into a mini Town Square.

Because the Lot with The Tower, structure I'd Place my "City Hall" but it could be used for the College of Law
    the building I would Place on the lot next to that I would put my Cathedral, and that could be College of Arts and Sciences ("History/Art/Music/Culture")

and on the next lot I want to place a restaurant. that's also a Culinary School.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif