Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What should my Sim do.

Lily (one with the pink hair) is going out with Don Lothario and they have been boyfriend and girlfriend for about two sim weeks now but they are having issues, everytime i declare my love to him it doesn't go well but before they got together she had a thing with Bob Pancakes but ended it because she felt bad for his wife.

Do i work things out with Don or become a home wrecker and get with Bob.

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    You need an Option C. I think Don is Noncommital, and Bob is married.
  • klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    edited October 2019
    It's been a very long time since I last had a sim romance Don, but not so long that I've forgotten what a tough cookie he is to crack. That noncommittal trait can really mess up a good thing. :grimace: As far as Bob goes...I mean, if you think your sim is the type to be a homewrecker, go for it, I guess? :lol: Although, I'm guessing since you said she "felt bad" for Eliza, she might not be the type after all.

Sometimes I find that taking a step back and letting your sim do their own thing for a while really helps. If it's not working with the sim you want them with, let them take a breather. They can build friendships, explore the worlds, work on their careers/hobbies, then either revisit the love interests or let the game point you in the direction of a new one. I've had quite a few sims date quite an array of premades, and I can tell you from experience that each file's a little different and the connections won't always be there no matter how hard you try to make it work. Also, randomly generated townies may surprise you. After a good makeover, a lot of them can make the best romantic partners. :smile:

Hope this helps! :mrgreen:
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited October 2019
    Forget them both and go for Salim Benali :sunglasses:

Edit: He's single, he's easy, and he has GREAT genes.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Yeah, in my current game I have 3 single guys. My idea was to have each of them romance one of the premades or at the very least be BFF'S.

But, I'm trying really hard not to " force" it, so far there has been friendship only. I'm waiting for one of the friends to show up flirty or to initiate something.

Also like @klesterella mentioned, you can sometimes find a townie that makes a good spouse. As a general rule, there are a few traits that I consider "bad" for a mate; slob, non-committal, evil, mean, jealous, and unflirty. But, of course, I'm not big on a lot of spouse drama either.

Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'd say either an unplanned pregnancy with Don Lothario (bad life choices) or take the advice above and move onto Salim Benali (good life choices). Or both? Unplanned pregnancy, get dumped by a panicked Don and then move onto Salim. Just don't keep going back to Don after that unless you want to play someone who really needs therapy.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • WorkFromHomeWorkFromHome Posts: 165 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »

Option C would be be lonely and adopt ;) she doesn't want anyone else.

I would be they don't like each other :#
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    edited October 2019
    I'd say either an unplanned pregnancy with Don Lothario (bad life choices) or take the advice above and move onto Salim Benali (good life choices). Or both? Unplanned pregnancy, get dumped by a panicked Don and then move onto Salim. Just don't keep going back to Don after that unless you want to play someone who really needs therapy.

I think @WorkFromHome should try following @ChampandGirlie ’s storyline, but with one change: Since the sim doesn’t like Salim, she should simply end up with a different premade altogether. (Imo, the best premades are from Get Together.) And, if that doesn’t work, you could always make a sim for her to marry!
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

Nothing wrong with single parenting either ;) Could still be either Don's or Bob's child then.
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,182 Member
    MAKE THEM DUEL TO THE DEATH! Sorry, that's my answer to everything.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I say go after them both until someone better comes along. If you can't be with the one you love , love the one you're with. ;)
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I kind of like this plotline of Salim and your sim not liking each other. Cue the drama. Do they actually not like each other or are they secretly attracted to each other in spite of themselves? I can still see a love triangle there.

She always dates troublemakers like Don. Salim is judgmental. Gradually they fall for each other or less gradually if they end up with the right love cocktails in the right place at the right time.

Or ... you could just pick someone else.

To be fair, the dating in my own game has gotten a little stale and I need to mix it up. Too many of them have just been picking the first nice and attractive enough available person which is great for them but repetitive.

I've also run into situations where sims just would not date each other so I think there is at least a little bit of a selection process. Maybe that's the case for Salim and that sim.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
    Simtown15 wrote: »

I think @WorkFromHome should try following @ChampandGirlie ’s storyline, but with one change: Since the sim doesn’t like Salim, she should simply end up with a different premade altogether. (Imo, the best premades are from Get Together.) And, if that doesn’t work, you could always make a sim for her to marry!

I was thinking of that tbh (make a new one) . I was also thinking of having a baby with don, propose then leave him at the alter for the new guy. She actually had a falling out with Bob as well.

Nothing wrong with single parenting either ;) Could still be either Don's or Bob's child then.

I know but the extra income would be great ;)
    MAKE THEM DUEL TO THE DEATH! Sorry, that's my answer to everything.

Don;t tempt me ;) i will make them stand outside in the cold and the one who doesn't die wins.
    I kind of like this plotline of Salim and your sim not liking each other. Cue the drama. Do they actually not like each other or are they secretly attracted to each other in spite of themselves? I can still see a love triangle there.

She always dates troublemakers like Don. Salim is judgmental. Gradually they fall for each other or less gradually if they end up with the right love cocktails in the right place at the right time.

Or ... you could just pick someone else.

To be fair, the dating in my own game has gotten a little stale and I need to mix it up. Too many of them have just been picking the first nice and attractive enough available person which is great for them but repetitive.

I've also run into situations where sims just would not date each other so I think there is at least a little bit of a selection process. Maybe that's the case for Salim and that sim.

The red is nearly halfway so i think it's probably dislike. she could just be nice to him all day on her day and see if that fix. It would be nice if other sims help us repair relationships like we can for others.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Have her with both. Bob having an affair with her and Don being so non-committal. I think it's fun sometimes to play a sim with more than one romantic interest.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

I know but the extra income would be great ;)

Okay, that's absolutely fair. :D Alternative options C: find a "spare". Aka any Sim that looks like he has good DNA, have his baby, make him grind for money until your Sim is rich. Then, uh... dispose of him whichever way suits best :D
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Just an interesting thing, my sim has been dating with a non-committal sim and reading this makes me think Don Lothario has something else coded in his character, cause my sims just went out 2 times with his non-committal girlfriend, their bars were either half or a little over half and when he asked her to marry him, she freaking said YES. I wanted a little drama in my game, but never expected her to screw it up like that xD

In the end I just went with it and they are still engaged now. So for your story, I am not much fan of tearing families down so I would either try and go out with Bob and see if he is willing to leave his family in peace or find a new love in town.