Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have Sims Reject Club Invites

Scenario: Your Sim gets a message on their phone: "Hi [insert name]. We'd love to have you join [insert club name]. What do you think?" Your Sim has the option to say either Yes or No. Now when your Sim asks others to join your club, they immediately say "I'd love to" regardless of what the club is. For example, you have a Sim whose passion is gardening and you ask them to join your video-gaming club and they immediately say Yes.

What would be good is if they could refuse the request if it doesn't interest them. "Sorry, but gaming doesn't really interest me." But if it's to do with gardening and they have a passion for it, of course they're going to want to join.
2quwd7.gif

Comments

• VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Yeah that needs to be changed badly, because of right now you can create a rather weird club and anyone is up to join it.

As of right now they are sorta like cults. Like you can create a club where members have to dress up in yeti suits or their underwear with the only rules being romance strangers and woohoo with them (which btw lets you try for baby with people you hardly know, I abused this alot in my old playthrough) and they are happy to join it. I feel like someone with half a mind would definitely not want to join that club.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited October 2019
    Not too sure about this one. When I ask a sim to join a club it's because I want them to be in it. I don't really want to be fighting with the game as to who joins what club.
    For example, you have a Sim whose passion is gardening and you ask them to join your video-gaming club and they immediately say Yes.

What exactly defines a sim's "passion" in this game? Like what is it that a sim who is "passionate" about gardening has that one who isn't does not? Aspirations can be changed at any time and picked for any sim so it can't be that. If we base it off of traits, then would all sims without a particular trait simply refuse the invitation..? That'd be annoying. Basing it off of skill level wouldn't be a good idea either because building skills is a lot of the purpose of the club system (and people can enjoy things that they aren't good at, after all.)

Plus I mean, who's to say someone who's passionate about gardening doesn't like video games at all?

So yeah, even if I wanted something like this implemented, the sims do not currently have personalities which are distinguishable from one another to be able to execute this idea in a way that makes sense.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    This seems like a pointless restriction, pass.