Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Were You Upset by the Lack of a Witch Hat in Realm of Magic?

nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
There wasn't a witch hat in Realm of Magic, and I'm curious as to how many people were upset by this.
funny-gifs20.gif

Post edited by EA_Cade on

Were You Upset by the Lack of a Witch Hat in Realm of Magic? 175 votes

YES I AM UPSET WHERE IS MY WITCH HAT!?
22%
jeepjeepcatalexspoom13rjhenn14ilovejewel17MagdaleenaBagoas77MsShaShamlmeadowsgamekittendetermigdavina1221Zeldaboy180Felicity1169mariajane216SavvySimmieSorak4Sigzy05mariepeek28Jon the WizardSheriSim57 39 votes
I'm upset, but not as upset as the above.
30%
KolbyGoldmoldarJeanLaBlue0314Cabelle1863overonCamkatEvilWitch83AlrynnmcruddBloosmooAnmirlaAmj1995SimplyJenMilutinMujovicGlimmer50PlumbobCrossingspice3ClassicalSimiliekponiez 53 votes
Wait- there wasn't a witch hat? I wasn't paying attention.
10%
JaseqtnikkiStrangerthanLustianiciaashcrash19taydevBugginbabs78Ravager619KathykinsStutumTamakiSakura84RebbilinaJa_rdeWorramotElliandreQueenSaraphinemightyspriteCatsu 18 votes
No, it doesn't bother me. It doesn't fit the style of Realm of Magic.
33%
DannydanboAkl500PBluegaylewindweaverstoryyHowGreatThouArtMartinvJueJuePlayerSinger2010danacnbrettIsb917druttilurSageRainWillowelanorbretonIrdiweninvisiblgirlSerraNolwenJnyxMoon_Willowalanmichael1 59 votes
Witch hats are a waste of resources and I'm HAPPY they weren't included.
3%
Colorist40friendlysimmerskateoverendDragonAge_300905SilentKittyTodiloo 6 votes

Comments

• Options
    puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    A classic witch hat would have been nice.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I just voted for the no.. not because it didn't match the style. I already have the spooky stuff pack and didn't need a witch hat, because it's already in my game.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Actually, I wouldn't have minded getting a new witch hat. The one that came with Spooky Stuff is a little bit cotumeish. But the kind of witch hat I'm thinking of wouldn't really have fitted the style of ROM.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I wouldn't have used it. Capes or cloaks would have been nice, however.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Well, I picked the closest option but it's really just "it doesn't bother me" without the explanation why. I just don't miss it (and well, if I find that I really want to make a witchy witch, I'll see about getting Spooky Stuff)
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I can live without it. Personally, I like the more modern style. It fits in with my irl clothing choices, and likes. Do wish there were more hairstyles and more punk/modern goth styled clothes, but oh well.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Would have been nice, but there's plenty of good CC ones (I really like Okruee's and Nolan-Sims'). I'm actually more disappointed by the lack of cloaks.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    A new hat would have been nice, but I wasn't too upset since I already have a witch hat with Spooky Stuff. Some child/toddler outfits and wizard robes/capes and beards would have been even better.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    A new one would have been nice. Andssome wizard robes are needed as well.
    To be honest I am more upset that we didn't get anything for toddlers and children.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I have the one from Spooky Stuff if I want it, and a cc one. But, having known a few real life witches in my day I’m glad they didn’t include it, because it seems kind of stereotypical and juvenile costume-ish.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    It would have been nice to have since not everyone has spooky stuff. I'd also would have wanted some pointed shoes and capes too. Obviously I wanted some children clothes, even knowing there was nothing for them, they could have at least looked the part.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I wouldn't have minded if they were included, but it would have seemed a bit out of place with the rest of the aesthetics. That and I know very few witches who wear hats like that. (and for those who are about to protest that witches aren't real, I've switched here from fantasy witches to Wiccan ones.)
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I feel like if they did include a witch hat, I would have been even more furious, I would want a Hooded Cloak and robes, if they added a witch hat.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    TX12001TX12001 Posts: 46 Member
    edited October 2019
    > No, it doesn't bother me. It doesn't fit the style of Realm of Magic.

Why is the Realm of Magic using a specific style for? the Vampire game-pack allowed you to create several styles of Vampires from the Count Orlok to Dracula to the Fairy with a Blood Diet, it did not stick to a specific theme.

So yes where is my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 HAT!! why is the ROM so limited by comparison.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Actually I'm not upset at all. I have found several lovely custom content witch hats. But it would have been nice to have one.
  • Options
    MsShaShaMsShaSha Posts: 52 Member
    A magic pack without a witch hat?! It's just silly!!

I'm a bit confused how a witch hat wouldn't have been in the same style/theme as a magic pack though? It would go perfectly... And yes, CC is a thing, but it's not something players should *need* to make a pack feel complete (nor a separate back, ie. Spooky Stuff, which is a lot more costumey with the spider anyhow).

uwxwhgf
    I build things some times. Origin ID: MsShaSha
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I feel like if they did include a witch hat, I would have been even more furious, I would want a Hooded Cloak and robes, if they added a witch hat.

We should have ALL of those things!! We got the hood up hoodie (which is cool), but given the other "styles" of dress for different types of witches/warlocks, why no hooded cloaks and robes as well - and my witch hat?! 😄

uwxwhgf
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited October 2019
    MsShaSha wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused how a witch hat wouldn't have been in the same style/theme as a magic pack though?

It seems to me like the developers were going for the Harry Potter take on magic, in which I don't believe pointy witch hats are common. I wouldn't know for sure though as I know essentially nothing of the series.

Anyway, to answer your question OP, It didn't bother me at all. But I'm on the fence as to whether or not it would have fit the style.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Cupid wrote: »
    MsShaSha wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused how a witch hat wouldn't have been in the same style/theme as a magic pack though?

It seems to me like the developers were going for the Harry Potter take on magic, in which I don't believe pointy witch hats are common. I wouldn't know for sure though as I know essentially nothing of the series.

Even more so, we should have gotten cloaks and robes!! And a frumpy witch hat that slightly resembles the sorting hat from HP would have been so cute! There's so many styles they could have designed it in, but we certainly should have gotten a witches hat in a magic pack... and a robe too, with a hood up or down option would have been amazing.

uwxwhgf
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Cupid wrote: »

Anyway, to answer your question OP, It didn't bother me at all. But I'm on the fence as to whether or not it would have fit the style.

The HP books actually do feature pointed hats and robes. The more 'ordinary' school uniform was entirely an invention of the movies.
    First-year students will require:
    1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)
    2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
    3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
    4. One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings)
    Please note that all student's clothes should carry name tags at all times.

So a pointed hat would have been completely in keeping if they were actually going with the HP book aesthetic, but not so much for the movies, which went with much more ordinary clothes (including for the characters from old magical families).

I think pointy hats could definitely work, though. I gave my madeover Simeon one and I think he looks fine in it.

r9DccUS.jpg

And I think Minerva's default outfit would definitely work with one, too!

JW9mMks.jpg

Lots of different ways to do a witchy aesthetic. Could also be a generational thing, with older/more traditional spellcasters like Simeon and Minerva favouring them, and younger ones like Grace, Tomax, and the younger Charms thinking they're a bit outdated.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I almost voted the last, but I don't honestly feel that way. I do feel as I did vote - I don't need a pointy hat for my Spellcasters.

And is there not one already, for those who must have one, in Spooky Stuff?

And I don't feel the aesthetic is Harry Potter at all, but a hodgepodge amalgamation referencing many different sources. I like several of the CAS assets, but not all - which is typical for me with any pack - so I am not disappointed. One or two assets I like SO much I am in danger of over-using them, at least until the novelty wears off.
  • Options
    andrea_akemiandrea_akemi Posts: 24 Member
    I don't see why hats and capes don't match ROM. Isn't The Sims's propaganda that the simmer controls? I'm the one who should decide whether or not my witches wear a hat. And I prefer that they have the option of having a hat.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited October 2019
    Wait- there wasn't a witch hat? I wasn't paying attention.
    My sims never use any type of headwear anyway, except the occasional beanie for winter wear
    Post edited by Kathykins on
  • Options
    Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    I’m upset, but they could’ve come up with a newer one that didn’t come with the Halloween stuff I believe because it has a spider dangling from it. Or even a “ modern” touch of some attire rather than relying on third party cc.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Witch hats are a waste of resources and I'm HAPPY they weren't included.
    There is little clothing from the pack that I would like to see cut in order to give room for a hat. Besides, there is already the hat from the spooky pack and the patchy hat as meshes in the game. Nice to get a new mesh for the CC-makers to play with.

The hat doesn’t irritate me but not having kids notice or being part of the magical world at all does.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top