Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy-Bachelor Challenge *COMPLETED*

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    It's okay, just say she's a spoiled brat who's also a crazy madlad :joy: I call her names all the time :D

It's even more fun when a sim has a lot fo facial expressions. Not all sims have that. Only few chosen ones. But those go all crazy with their faces :joy: And those are the ones the easiest to write :)

You could plop him into your current save :) That's what I often do ^^

The outside of the house is green, too. Just a very dark green. So the guys were warned the second they arrived at the houses :p And they all - or at least the winner - need to get used to green. There are 9 siblings with that color :disappointed:

That's a fantastic idea! I have a custom temple save I use to start all my saves which contain many of my favorite Sims from other saves. I'll put him in that. That way, he'll be in every game I play. \o/

lol You really wanted them to like green. I can understand though given she and her siblings coloring. :)
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    @Karababy52 Do you use MCCC? Because it's even cooler to see them live their lives without your won interference :)

Doesn't green also stand for hope?^^

Here's the new chapter! :)

G3.D2: Tell Me More
    There's the first elimination... No real rose ceremony because there are 12 men :D The of the elimination will change to "normal" once there are way less men left :)
    @Queenarella Yay! Solo dates! What a fun chapter, a little sad too...
    Aww, man sorry Dennis had to go, Amy was so blunt though, wow! o.O But that's just who she is, a lady that doesn't mince words! I like how you portrayed Eddy, I think Amy might like him a little. Cool that they made a SnowPal, I could so see Eddy doing that. Wonder why he's still hanging around the mansion? Did he stay long? I think he creeped George out a little. lol Happy to see I did so well on the quiz! \o/

Speaking of George, poor guy. :( So curious what Caleb said to him though, never got his half of the convo. I feel bad for Moss too, burning up like that. It was night though, so I don't get why. I feel bad and I don't for Billy, had to hurt when he fell, and it's good to be confident and all, but... his narcissistic, shallow comment made me probably laugh even louder than I should've when he fell. lol And just how did Amy know he'd fall?

And with Rylan, that slide you said 'capture this'? She's either saying, "Watch, this won't end well..." or, "Seriously? He likes to do this too? My kinda guy!" :)

Anyway, no, I don't use MCCC and I don't mess with my Sims in the custom template, other than to make sure they have hot/cold weather wear and I tweaked some of the premades. My Sims are almost all 'not in world' and the game gives them jobs. Some live with select premades. For instance a couple guys are with Don & Katrina (Nina & Dina are gone). They don't ever get married, have kids, etc., unless whomever I'm playing happens to befriend them or become a spouse.

I have nothing against CC, Mods, used a ton in TS2, just haven't had any real, dire reason to use any as of yet. Thought about it more than once though, especially MCCC, (or body hair, eyelashes CC) but never pulled the trigger. lol Yet...

Can't wait to read the next chapter! <3
    @Karababy52 I was a bit scared to not show all guys in this chapter. But it was already long with all the dates :sweat_smile: There will be more screen time for everyone in the following chapters :)
    She was rude but that's what she is, a brat :D She can be nice, too. Maybe she'll show that side one day :joy:

I thought Eddy would like a playful date and then I saw George building a snowpal and thought that's a nice idea :) I'm glad you like it!

He was still around because Amy invited him over to the mansion and then went over to the park. I didn't send him home when Amy went on the date with Rylan :sweat_smile:

In the comments on the first chapter pammiechick mentioned homewrecking and yes, that's what George will do: steal his man from that woman :D

I guess he burned because it was 6 pm and it was only dark because it's winter. Maybe I should have waited for like 8 pm or even later for this date. Her survived unharmed, tho :p

Just by the look of how Billy was ice skating it was obvious he would fall :joy: He fell even a few more times after that screenshot. Amy didn't fall because she got a bit of fitness skills :)

With all the coughing it's probably the first one :D Or maybe she noticed her oldest brother and got an eye twitch :joy:

That was the kind of game play that made me miss something. And then I found MCCC and noticed it was the game progression :) Yes, MCCC sometimes messes a bit with my game (probably the reason why all 10 kids of gen 3 are green and only hybrids) but it's so cool to see the unplayed sims get married, have kids and all that :) I couldn't play without it anymore :)

Wait, why are Nina and Dina gone?

CC can mess with your game so you're on the safe side without it. I still have the pose player and teleport mod, the relprint mod (for points of relationships) and MCCC of course. I think I also have a mod that avoids townies having CL names all the time because I struggle to pronounce them, write them and remember them :sweat_smile: I still can't remember even one of the IL premades' names :joy:

I tried to use less CC tho. I deleted all poses I had in game (didn't really need them) and tried to get rid of some hair, clothes and accessories. But I only deleted like 10% :D:D "I might need that one day" - I won't.

The next chapter will come on Wednesday :) But I have no idea what time (not as early as today) :)
    @Queenarella I'm sure everyone will understand. Would've been an incredibly long chapter with all 12 dates in it. lol :p
    Ohhh, okay, that's cool. Too bad he creeped out George though. lol I wondered about Moss, if it was still technically light out. I've had some cloudy days in the game that made my screenshots look like night.

I should've figured that out about Billy, that she could see he was bad at it. lol Yeah, I figured it was most likely the first 'caption' for that screenie. lol

Nina & Dina are gone because I don't like them. They went 'poof' in household management. :*

Put my thoughts on CC, Mods and MCCC in the spoiler since it's so long and nobody else probably cares to read it. :)
    Yes, it can mess up your game, it totally messed up and ruined my TS2 game. But my thousands (seriously, I had like 10,000 files) of CC and Mods sure were fun while it lasted! But that's another reason I don't use CC or Mods in TS4. I've read thread after thread of Simmers having problems and inevitably the first question someone asks them is, "Do you use Mods or CC? Could be a conflict." Not to mention having to wait for updates after every patch if something gets broken by it. Just not worth it to me.

I love everything I've read that MCCC can do, but I don't play legacies very often either, so I usually don't care about progression of any other Sims except my own in the save that I'm actively playing and any I've put in the game who interact as friends/spouse with them. I play ALOT of challenges that don't involve legacies and build. 9/10 save files start with a single Sim and they either stay single, or if they get married, they might only have 1 or 2 children. Nothing against them, I just get stressed trying to juggle more than that at once.

For instance I started a 100 baby Challenge a while ago. I got to I think around 20-25 kids in and I quit, had to take a break. I love toddlers, don't get me wrong, kids/teens are fun too. But babies... o.O I just couldn't handle that many babies always screaming. GAH! Annnnnd, I'm also like that dog in UP, another pack comes out or another challenge I want to try and off I go to try something new. SQUIRREL! ;)

Looking forward to Wednesday to see how the other guys do with Amy! :) Have a great week! <3
  • Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    Can't wait for next chapter. More Javier! :tongue:

I'm amazed I did so well on the quiz, considering I hadn't read any of this story until after I submitted it. But I got 6th! :open_mouth: (Yes, I counted!) Only 2 places away from a solo date... sigh.
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Haahhahaha “I forgot to change German words into English” 😂

I can make something of German ands some things are even the same for me so for me that was really funny. When I read ‘nummer’ I was like “huh what, you can speak Dutch?” But then I remembered you were German and that’s written the same. Fail.

I read the story really fast because I didnt had much time yesterday but I just wanted to scroll through it, but yeah I dont think I can remember this much names in such a short period :”)
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    @Karababy52 There would have never been 12 dates :sweat_smile: Oh my gosh, the chaos lol

George is a complete weirdo so don't worry. Any sim would have crept this guy out :D

I know that in winter the night gets dark earlier (like in real life). I've never thought about how that affects vampires tho.

Also, Amy tends to be mean :D

Oh :joy: Well, that's one way to get rid of sims lol

That's true, when something's broken in your game the first thing you have to do with mods is to disable them. And then see if the problem is still there :sweat_smile:

What I love the most about MCCC is that Don Lothario - THE womanizer - usually gets married off to a man. In most cases it's Salim Benali :D

No judgment for giving up! I quit after child #6 :joy:

@Pinmat135 Yes, there should be more of Javier next chapter! :) (Haven't played it yet tho)

Javier didn't miss that much from the dates :) I had a super weird glitch... I wanted to play the elimination part but whenever I tried to load a household it sent me to the choose a world site. I saved and closed the game and when I opened it again the glitch was gone. But there was no huge difference in relationship points from the ones who went on a date to the ones who stayed home. I expected like at least a difference of 10 but nope...

@Skeilah I usually write all stuff in English but for this table I kinda didn't care :sweat_smile:

Danish and German can sound really alike! The funniest language tho is Flamish. A friend of mine speaks it and once she called her boyfriend and it sounded like 45% German, 45% English and the rest was just some weird words :joy:

Usually I can remember names easily but this time I struggle a bit. I "know" most of them but I'm not always sure and then I check again.
    Flamish as in Flemish as in the Dutch side of Belgium? In that case, I’m also guilty speaking Flemish!
    @Queenarella Aww, man, bummer your game was messing up. Glad it's seemingly fixed though. *crosses fingers*

Okay, so not 12 dates, gotcha. I should've figured that out from what you said at the beginning of the chapter those with higher scores would get a solo date. Completely went over my head. Opps! So glad I did as well as I did on the quiz so Eddy got one. \o/

I've read that time and time again about Don in threads here on the forum. He almost always gets paired with another guy. The irony makes me smile. :)

Hurry up Wednesday! lol
    @Skeilah Yes, Flemish :sweat_smile: I didn't know you write it with "e" and not "a" :D

@Karababy52 It was a one time glitch. I hope :D

Absolutely no problem :) Maybe he'll get even more dates. I have a plan for every day but it's no where near me rn but I know there will be plenty of dates this time :) There were just too few in the first two generations. And I guess there will be kisses :p

Hm, Don's behavior as a womanizer can be seen as a typial form of compensation :sweat_smile: And with MCCC you can also set a sim's preference. Maybe Don is premade with a preference for men, hidden of course. But MCCC knows about it? Would be interesting to find out more about it B)

Today is Wednesday, 10:54 am my time and I will start playing the next chapter in a few minutes :) And then write it and publish it :)
    Oeeehhhh, exciting!
    @Queenarella Ooo, more dates and more kisses this time, I like the sound of that! Agree with @Skeilah, exciting!

I wondered about that for Don, if he may've been set with a preference for men. However, I do believe I read somewhere that all Sims start out without any preference, they could go either way. Supposedly, it's up to the player to decide by whichever gender they have their Sim show an interest in first, or flirt with first. So, MCCC allows the player to set that eh? Interesting, well that's one more thing in that wonderful Mod's favor. :)

Cool, another chapter soon, hope it comes out before I have to go to bed! lol If not, I'll have something to look forward to when I get up. ;)
    @Karababy52 I didn't know that but it makes a lot of sense as the game is really open to this topic :)

I found out about that option as I placed my Queen household in the save. Of course I had to set Freddie to prefer men :p

And here is the new chapter! I had another issue so it's short :(

G3.D3: May It Begin
    @Queenarella Yes it is, thankfully. And of course you did, that's a given! :) Did you happen to see the movie, Bohemian Rhapsody? Adam had a cameo in that. He was the trucker at the gas station. ;)
    Anyway, man, what the heck is going on with your game? o.O Gah! Too funny though that Barbarella showed up under the guise of looking out for Amy and then just proceeding to get juiced up. lol Feel bad for those guys not getting a proper date. I hope whatever you have in mind works out next time.

Time for beddy-bye after one more lap around the forum, have a great day y'all and Happy Simming! <3
    @Karababy52 I watched it on Amazon Prime (where I bought the movie :D ) several times :) I only found out about Adam after I've watched the movie (several times) but I know the scene :) I remember the smirk :p
    It was weird. Maybe I should use the "repair" option soon :sweat_smile:

That's so Barbarella :D:D

The idea was a pool party but it's winter. Then I thought maybe an indoor pool from the gallery. But what if they all run away, again? :/ Maybe just a "mock" pool party... I'll find a way to solve this ^^

Good night! :)<3
    Oh no, your game :c I was like yeaaah some computer-nerdy talk but maybe Drago just hacked your game.
  • Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    I'm quite curious what Javier was thinking/saying in that one screenshot when Jung lost DWtL. Perhaps he has a losing streak with it, and was thinking something like, "Yay! I don't suck at this!" I don't know, that's what my brain came up with :tongue:

It was a good chapter, considering the glitch. I hope you/the SimGurus fix it and/or find away around it :smile:
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    I don't think the guys that left the date midway through helped their cases :D
    @Skeilah I hope it was not Drago :p Yesterday I updated MCCC because I noticed I didn't have the latest update. I also deleted some more CC I barely or even never use. Maybe my game will work better now :)

@Pinmat135 Haha or maybe he was glad that he didn't lose because Amy can be rude towards losers :D

I was told that the sims won't leave when it's an official party or when I go into the whole household. The thing is that the guys were in different households so I couldn't do that. I'll play tomorrow's chapter today and I won't let it be another short chapter this time :p

@VanPelt81 Actually ALL the guys left. Even Kaden after I took the screenshot of the almost empty pub :sweat_smile:
    I also hope it wasnt Drago. He’ll be in much trouble...
    @Skeilah I played the new chapter (and wrote it, scheduled for tomorrow) and besides a bit of lagging at the start (probably the huge house) everything went fine :)

Either Drago learned his lesson or it wasn't him :D
    Yay! Can’t wait to see it!
    edited January 2020
    Woot! Woot! Pool Par-tay! I think?
    This was so great! I literally laughed out loud for a lot of it. Too cute how George has a crush on Moss. You better get him with Caleb soon or he might just steal Moss away from Amy and forget about Caleb. Although I honestly don't know how he could. ;)

Loved seeing Eddy in his ridiculous swimsuit! hehe His wardrobe was so fun to make. So fun how he and Amy played ping pong together. Maybe Amy's got a hidden childish trait? Or wishes she'd played more as a child instead of being so angst ridden and/or mean. :)

I was worried about Kaden there for a minute. Thought maybe he was the one that was, uh, eliminated...by nature. So funny what you said you were going to do if he died. lol Ya big meanie! JK Of course. You're hilarious!

Too funny how BRUNO flew the coop when Barbarella said she had 10 children. Run boy, run!

What? They can't swim in an INSIDE pool in Winter? o.O That's just silly. Tsk! I wondered why nobody took a swim. Well at least you tried. I never would've thought it wasn't possible either so don't feel bad.

Aww, my condolences to Billy and kittymeow. He was a fun bachelor anyway, would've been kind a cool if he'd won, being a merman and all. But like Queenarella said, it least you won with Barbarella!

Looking forward to the next chapter. Have a great weekend y'all! <3