Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the photography worth buying Moschino?

Hi,

I am not really fond of the cas or build/buy, maybe like three items from it. The photography, however, looks interesting.

Is this worth buying the pack in your opinion or just wait?
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
Origin ID: simaddict1990

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am not really fond of the cas or build/buy, maybe like three items from it. The photography, however, looks interesting.

Yes.

• HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    It is better to wait for a sale or that they fix the bugs related to photography in Moschino.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    Hi,

I think it depends on how interesting you think it looks. If you like the photography element of Sims 4 then this will be something you will really enjoy and I would say buy it now. If photography is just a means to an end to master all skills or to fulfill a requirement then I'd wait.

I haven't had much experience with bugs. Some of the tasks take a bit of time to figure out how to do though. I am stuck on "take a picture of a group of 3 sims". Not sure how to do that as the old photo studio only gives me two. But it is probably something I just missed or am not doing correctly. (At least, that's what I am hoping lol).
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    The photography career is quite buggy at the moment, so I'd wait until the bugs have been squashed. Then, yes, I'd say it's worth it for the career and photography stuff alone.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Personally I think the photography stuff is still far too limited to be worth 10 dollars, but it's up to you.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I didn't install the pack but my sister got it, and from what I saw the poses are pretty lame, the only interesting thing is the tab camera available for taking pictures from my point of view, for the rest pose player is still better. Maybe the digital frame to store photos is interesting too. I'd wait anyway.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    If you like the sleek hairstyle, wall designs, windows & objects then yes or wait till it goes on sale. Personally, I think Realm of Magic would be a good choice 1st then you can get Moschino Stuff later.
  • Loves2draw1812Loves2draw1812 Posts: 168 Member
    If it's just the photography you're after? I'd wait.
    It's very buggy at the moment, hold onto your money for now.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    It’s worth it but maybe wait until the bugs are fixed.
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    What are the bugs? I've got the Moschino pack but I've not played the photography career yet.
  • Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    I came here wondering if I should buy it once it releases on console but after reading about the bugs, I'm disappointed ... A shame the console port will probably ship with any and all bugs the PC version has...

Then again there are bugs over a year old that still haven't been patched yet...
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Hi,

I think it depends on how interesting you think it looks. If you like the photography element of Sims 4 then this will be something you will really enjoy and I would say buy it now. If photography is just a means to an end to master all skills or to fulfill a requirement then I'd wait.

I haven't had much experience with bugs. Some of the tasks take a bit of time to figure out how to do though. I am stuck on "take a picture of a group of 3 sims". Not sure how to do that as the old photo studio only gives me two. But it is probably something I just missed or am not doing correctly. (At least, that's what I am hoping lol).

You have to use the tripod to take a picture of 3 sims.
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    I really like taking the pet pictures because they used to come out so awful before and my families now have these on the wall, framed and named.
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    Is the new photography skill comparable to that in the Sims 3?
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Is the new photography skill comparable to that in the Sims 3?

Not at all. There aren't any goals or logs of what you've taken pictures of. You literally just take photos of whatever you like and it slowly builds up the skill. It's not comprehensive like TS3 at all really.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I love it
    Well worth it for me
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    I haven't played the photography career, but I bought Moshino for the photography aspect and I wasn't massively impressed. There are only a few select poses, my game has completely frozen a couple of times when I've been taking photos using the tripod (to do group photos) so it's quite buggy, and when I try and take group photos it seems to take forever for all my sims to stop what they're doing to go over to the camera - sometimes they get there eventually, after doing 3 other things first, sometimes they just delete my request completely and do what they like, and sometimes you have all of the different sims doing a combination of the above, by which time the sun's gone down :s So I don't take them anymore! I do like the digital photo frames, but you can't store different photos on different frames - they all just go in one big generic 'photo inventory' across all of the frames, which I was quite disappointed by.

I do love the build items that came with that pack tho, and I hope once they've sorted the bugs out it'll be a bit better.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Honestly by itself? No
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I use the photigraphy career to take Pictures of familymembers and hanging them on the wall, so you can see what different Sims looked like also it makes the lots more personal
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited January 2020
    I bought the pack on sale and the photography career was a pleasant surprise. I had so much fun with the new poses and cameras, as I like to hang family portraits and photos all over the house. The camera and tripod is so much better than the portrait thing we got in GTW. You can take photos anywhere and even include kids and toddlers in them.

• sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Yes for me it has has been. I love the photo career. And it's cool that you aren't confined to a studio. You can take the markers and tripod out into the world to get your shots as well.

Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,761 Member
    I was excited about the aspect of capturing family portraits and framing but was really disappointed by the fact that you can't take photographs of more than 3 people at a time. Isn't the average household 4 people? Actually it should an option to take a picture of 4 people plus one pet.

I don't have it yet and I'm wondering if it's still worth it. The furniture is nice..
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    I was excited about the aspect of capturing family portraits and framing but was really disappointed by the fact that you can't take photographs of more than 3 people at a time. Isn't the average household 4 people? Actually it should an option to take a picture of 4 people plus one pet.

I don't have it yet and I'm wondering if it's still worth it. The furniture is nice..

I love the pack but kinda agree with this. I was able to do it by having 3 x's on the ground for 3 sims to pose and then telling the others in the family to "go here" but they wouldn't perform the correct poses of course.
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    Well that is all thoroughly disappointing. I loved the photography challenge in the Sims 3. I could never get close to completing it but I loved trying.

Booooooo
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I really enjoy it. I love experimenting with it and trying different things. Right now I am loving trying to recreate old family photos. Here's a recreation I did of my great grandparents wedding photo ca. 1909.
    Original:
    GBhQhcg.jpg

8URQ6wf.png[\spoiler]