Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The bright blue screen is NOT good for people with epilepsy or neurological disorders!

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    I'm confused how could an austic person be sensory overloaded by colour? I thought (or at least in my experience) that austic people only got overload with very loud noise (ie if I'm talking to Mom in the family room and Dad's trying to listen to something he turns the volume up alot which hurt my ears instead of you know asking me politely to leave the room)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    I'm sorry, but I don't think it's reasonable to ask them to spend even more resources remaking stuff that won't add anything to the game, what's the point? I'm already baffled about the waste, I don't see how any of these would appeal to any player, old or new. They could've given us more hair colors, skins, things people would actually care about, but nope. Now instead of something meaningful we want round 2 of rebranding? It's easier to just look away from the screen at this point.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    asimbsim wrote: »
    Hi all, I suffer from migraines and the new redesign down to the new plumbob icon on my desktop link, is causing migraines, headaches, nausea and dizziness. It's not about liking or not liking the redesign, it's about the developers and designers making changes that are causing very real physical health problems for some of us.

I think it really needs addressing, and that we really need to give clear feedback. I have read a lot from people who also are suffering migraines and issues with light sensitivity. I have started a thread with Answer HQ to hopefully try and get them to seriously consider the impact of this choice of design on the physical health of it's loyal buyers. Please add your comments to the link below, so they can see what a serious issue this is.
    Hopefully if they can see that it's a physical issue, then they might understand that it will impact on the new players that they are trying to attract too (if they can see an economic reason to fix it, maybe they'll actually change it). I'd really like your support on the link below:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Migraines-from-redesign/m-p/8029225#M14261

You mean this little thing? This is giving you a migraine?

4116-C5-F2-83-D3-419-F-B7-E0-FBB7-B502-B4-F1.jpg

Sort of unrelated, but is that icon a significantly lower resolution than the old one or something? It’s not very smooth around the edges.

Either way, weren’t there a ton of complaints about the last loading screen for also being too bright?
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2019
    Hi all, I suffer from migraines and the new redesign down to the new plumbob icon on my desktop link, is causing migraines, headaches, nausea and dizziness. It's not about liking or not liking the redesign, it's about the developers and designers making changes that are causing very real physical health problems for some of us.

I think it really needs addressing, and that we really need to give clear feedback. I have read a lot from people who also are suffering migraines and issues with light sensitivity. I have started a thread with Answer HQ to hopefully try and get them to seriously consider the impact of this choice of design on the physical health of it's loyal buyers. Please add your comments to the link below, so they can see what a serious issue this is.
    Hopefully if they can see that it's a physical issue, then they might understand that it will impact on the new players that they are trying to attract too (if they can see an economic reason to fix it, maybe they'll actually change it). I'd really like your support on the link below:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Migraines-from-redesign/m-p/8029225#M14261

Please don't try and belittle me. You don't understand the impact that colour contrasts can have on migraines for those with light sensitivity, and that is ok if you don't have experience of it. But yes, even that 'little thing' makes my eyes hurt, and induces migraine. Not understanding is ok, I am happy to explain. Belittling is unnecessary and not acceptable.

Relax. Asking a question for clarification purposes is not to be taken as “belittling”. Idk why you would think that, but it’s untrue. I still don’t understand how this small icon could give you a migraine, but that’s ok. I’ll let you cook.
    QueenMercy wrote: »

Sort of unrelated, but is that icon a significantly lower resolution than the old one or something? It’s not very smooth around the edges.

Either way, weren’t there a ton of complaints about the last loading screen for also being too bright?

Yea I made it quickly on my iPhone for representation purposes lol.

I can understand the loading screen and all of the talk about the color blue being overused, but the new desktop icon is VERY similar to the old desktop icon, sooooo I don’t understand why anyone would have such a problem with this in particular, personally.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Livinity wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but I don't think it's reasonable to ask them to spend even more resources remaking stuff that won't add anything to the game, what's the point? I'm already baffled about the waste, I don't see how any of these would appeal to any player, old or new. They could've given us more hair colors, skins, things people would actually care about, but nope. Now instead of something meaningful we want round 2 of rebranding? It's easier to just look away from the screen at this point.

Someone made a comment in an older thread that said “I don’t like the redesign but I don’t want them to spend more resources trying to fix it” lol
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »

Honestly yes, it looks more pixelated than the previous one.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I have a seizure disorder and the blue actually works a lot better for me than the white.

That said, I usually just look away during the loading screen anyway, or close my eyes because the loading screen lasts for what, three seconds?
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Just out of curiosity: if this not very exciting rebranding has such a negative impact, how do affected players stand the game itself? It is 100 % brighter, full of hectical animations, bad flickering and loud noises.
  • Options
    caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    edited July 2019

SimGuruFrost just confirmed they will change the loading screen color. It's nice that they heard the community on this one. It's still a shame we have to wait for the next month. :/
    he/him
  • Options
    qpmommaqpmomma Posts: 135 Member
    Not migraines but that color blue does hurt my eyes. The game is different because it’s not that one color on my entire screen. I have the same issue with neon orange and neon green. It’s only an issue if it’s my entire screen.
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member

Someone made a comment in an older thread that said “I don’t like the redesign but I don’t want them to spend more resources trying to fix it” lol

Exactly haha
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I added a me too. While the new loading screen doesn't give me migraines, it does hurt my eyes.
    We had the very same issue in the very beginning of ts4 when the loading screen was all white with a green plumbob. They then added the light grey plumbobs to the background to soften it. Given that, I'm pretty sure they'll come up with something to mitigate the brightness of the new loading screen.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Sorry to read this! I have not installed the patch yet, but I see they just added the blue logo on top of this forum, and my oh my, it's very hard on my eyes even if I never had migraine. I have to scroll down to hide the heading of the forum page because the logo attracts my total attention even if I don't want it to. Might be because it's blue on lime green background, I have no idea, but I'm veeeery surprised they let this design go through... it's doing no good...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Maybe they could be persuaded to change the background to green? I'd love a darker or emerald green.

",,,,When 41 patients with acute migraine attacks were exposed to a narrow band of white, blue, amber, green, and red lights at high intensity (while in a well-lit office), about 80% of patients said that their headache intensified with all of the colors except for green. Not only did the green light prove to cause significantly less irritation, but it reduced the headache pain by about 20%...."

https://www.mdmag.com/medical-news/one-color-relieves-migraines-with-light-therapy

Plus colour filtering glasses as well?

There was a reason behind Microsoft having the boring dark Teal for their old Windows 95 backgrounds. They did research.

• Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    edited July 2019
    @Simburian
    Maybe they could be persuaded to change the background to green? I'd love a darker or emerald green.

They're changing it to dark blue.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    @Simburian

They're changing it to dark blue.

Just read this on the Forum Twitter Feed too! I still love emerald green. Nevermind. They did listen even though I didn't mind the light blue myself. Those affected will have to stop playing until August though. :'(
  • Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Just out of curiosity: if this not very exciting rebranding has such a negative impact, how do affected players stand the game itself? It is 100 % brighter, full of hectical animations, bad flickering and loud noises.

Honestly I'm not sure, but I think it's more to to with the contrast between the course rather than the brightness itself. I am sensitive to brightness so I have to keep the setting down on my monitor, but if I do that I'm usually fine. But the contrast between the colours is just really painful. I'm not sure why in all honesty!
  • Options
    PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    edited July 2019
    There's a mod from a Twitter user called TwistedMexi out now that changes the entire look of the game back to how it was before the rebrand. It's Patreon only at the minute but in a few days it will be public.

https://twitter.com/twistedmexi/status/1151528572990971904

He plans to keep it updated, such as by adding custom coloured icons in line with the existing ones when new packs are released.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options

I think that's fair to an extent. Resources into other things would be great. But if people are getting migraines and other health problems before the games even started, that's not great (I understand we can look away, but we do have to keep glancing at the screen to see when it's loaded, so it still has an effect).
  • Options

That contrast is soo much better! Thanks for the info. I know I won't be able to play until August, but I am pleased they listened to the feedback and took it seriously. There's so much I love about the game.
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member

That contrast is soo much better! Thanks for the info. I know I won't be able to play until August, but I am pleased they listened to the feedback and took it seriously. There's so much I love about the game.

You're welcome. ^-^
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    FlpAmaral wrote: »

SimGuruFrost just confirmed they will change the loading screen color. It's nice that they heard the community on this one. It's still a shame we have to wait for the next month. :/

The darker blue definitely looks much better.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Arzekial wrote: »
    FlpAmaral wrote: »

The darker blue definitely looks much better.

This. Praise the big Llama in the sky they actually did something about it. It also looks better in general cause light green one dark blue looks better than light green on light blue.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I'm confused how could an austic person be sensory overloaded by colour? I thought (or at least in my experience) that austic people only got overload with very loud noise (ie if I'm talking to Mom in the family room and Dad's trying to listen to something he turns the volume up alot which hurt my ears instead of you know asking me politely to leave the room)

Sight is one of your five senses, along with hearing. Sensory overload is the overloading of your senses.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top