Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: Island Living Gameplay/CAS/BB livestream

Comments

• simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    emere wrote: »
    Yay! I was right to preorder this EP. I want my MERMAIDS <3<3 and that beautiful world. But now I'm really curious about Conservationist career :o Thanks! I'm ready to play at Sulani...

Feedback: I remember that the livestream for Strangerville GP was awesome, it was really well done. Today I feel that not all simgurus are good for livestreams. Also with today's livestream I feel that some simgurus do not play the game too much (basegame with ALL the packs). I do not like that :|

I liked the stream too but I couldn't agree more with your feedback: it seemed like the first pair of Simgurus were particularly inexperienced at interacting with the game. Couldn't they have at least practiced using the camera first? Not only was it a bit disorienting watching it zip around, but it was zoomed out too far from the baby turtles and you couldn't even really see them.

The gurus should also take their premade sims and max out their skills ahead of time, so they could actually show off the different abilities, swim strokes and so forth properly instead of experiencing the fails that happened here. They ought to prepare more in advance, and generally be more knowledgeable about the pack features. They could maybe even film some of the interactions and new animations ahead of time, since that is what people really want to see. (TS2 used to do beautifully filmed, professionally done producers' walkthroughs just before a pack dropped, which showed off all the new features and avoided glitches at the same time).
  • GirlfriendGirlfriend Posts: 1 New Member
    o:) o:) I was just wondering if you have any more
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I was watching, but I had to stop. It got me too excited to play when I don't have it yet and I want to discover it all for myself! Looks so beautiful and I think I have to rethink my original plans for the islands.
  • SimChiSimChi Posts: 143 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yikes. That looks really choppy and loads of lag. *Edit, to be clear: The gameplay is seriously laggy (what is the comp specs for rig they were playing on?), the stream (of the gurus) was smooth.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Best Livestream yet.
  • Rashel1456Rashel1456 Posts: 36 Member
    i can't wait for turtles
    I couldn't resist. Went back to watch more and I Want It Now.

fpvOXV9.gif
    I'm going to shut off global power. :D
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I really liked the presenters and the excitement they displayed about the game.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    I really liked the presenters and the excitement they displayed about the game.

SimGuruJill is especially animated and delightful.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
    @EA_Mai I have a question for the Livestream.

Can our sims snorkel in pools?
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    @EA_Mai I have a question for the Livestream.

Can our sims snorkel in pools?

This reminds me it's time to create the thread for today's livestream! :smiley:
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Thanks for curating the Twitch stream for those of us who weren't able to see it live. This pack/world looks AMAZING! and everyone involved should feel proud of it!

I do wish the video had a closed caption option for those of us hard of hearing. Is that an option on the Twitch site? I'm less familiar than I could be - call me old-fashioned, but I like to play games, rather than watch them.

This has definitely caught my interest, however, and will be on my list for sure!
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Yay!! I finally got around to see the stream, it was fun :)

Thank you for keeping it available here for later viewing and I learned a few new things. Pre-ordered the pack and I am currently playing it. I <3 this EP, it is amazing. The world is just wonderful. Thanks for mentioning the Island tags for building.

Thank you Gurus for participating in the stream, it was fun seeing you talk about it.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'm so glad I managed to get Island Living. Wish I could play now, I can't until July :s
    funny-gifs20.gif

• blueamberblueamber Posts: 32 Member
    What's the best feature do you guys think? I'm tryna figure out if it's worth buying
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    blueamber wrote: »
    What's the best feature do you guys think? I'm tryna figure out if it's worth buying

One person's value and opinion will differ. Yet, when I saw the beach, toddler playing in the sand and water, beautiful world, festivals, I knew I was going to buy this pack. I really enjoy it and have been playing in the world ever since. You have to get creative with the Sims 4. Happy Island Living.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • LilliLaLaLilliLaLa Posts: 7 New Member
    How cool is this!? Thanks for sharing!

My opinion swimming in the ocean and showering under the waterfall.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Getting to live on the islands and this place is NOT a vacation world for me is a great idea. To me it is a different way of living and not just another town or place for Sims to visit but a place to live their lives. I love this concept and not every tropical Paradise should be for vacations. So for me - I like the fact Island Living is what it is.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ShadowyIceShadowyIce Posts: 18 Member
    looks so fun!
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member

The island itself is my favorite part, but there are a great many things I like.
  • Jennipop69Jennipop69 Posts: 11 New Member
    > @fullspiral said:
    > I was watching, but I had to stop. It got me too excited to play when I don't have it yet and I want to discover it all for myself! Looks so beautiful and I think I have to rethink my original plans for the islands.

Ikr! I just got it today It's really awesome!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I love having Sims pee in the ocean and swimming pools. >:)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • BulmaBunnyBulmaBunny Posts: 15 Member
    mermaid sims are awesome