Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your Fav Career job for your sim

Comments

• TikaaniaTikaania Posts: 65 Member
    What is the most interesting enjoyable job/career to have?
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited October 2019
    Detective
    In general I prefer money-making methods that leave me free to organize my own day, like photography, gardening, woodworking and videomaking.

Of the poll's options I enjoy detective the most.
    Granted, you get tossed all around the sims world, which can be immersion breaking ("You patrol Lani St. Taz today. What do you mean, that's in french polynesia? Off to the airport with you!"). But on the positive side the crimes are never specified, so there are lots of story hooks as to what exactly happened at a crime scene, why the specific sims are there and so on.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Other Specify below
    Culinary career cause it pretty much levels just from cooking food and it pays well after a few promotions.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Other Specify below
    Aside from how old this thread is back on page 1 to page 2's first reply. Generally i'd say Culinary, Writing and Business. A Niche favorite would be Gardening.
  • layix3nglayix3ng Posts: 111 Member
    Other Specify below
    Freelance jobs, so they can multitask between work, chores, and other stuff.
    *insert cool siggy here*
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Other Specify below
    Rabbit Hole: Culinary - I like to get at least one Sim the Master Chef aspiration

In General: Style Influencer - it pays very well, has flexibility in terms of rabbit-hole or work from home, and it allows me to stage interventions offer makeovers to Sims in fashion distress.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Scientist
    I love the ray gun and I like to use the cloning machine to clone potions.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Other Specify below
    The careers I most often use for my Sims are: Writing, Painting, and Tech Guru. If the Freelancer one wasn't as buggy, I'd use it too, but it's unplayable for me at the moment. I've got a few CC careers and I like playing with them as well. Well, as long as my Sims have got some sort of income, it's all good.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    RudeBrat wrote: »
    I always end up gardening. I like to start with 0 and collect/grow things for income.

My Sims usually garden as well. If not, painting and cook are my go to careers.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Scientist
    I picked Scientist because it's my all-time favorite career for my Sims in the game. But, the majority of my Sims don't have 'formal' careers. They live off the land by gardening, fishing, gathering collectibles, etc. Or they'll paint, craft on the woodworking table, busk with a guitar, steal stuff or hold yard sales, etc. I had one Sim who earned her living by only selling photographs she'd taken and hacking accounts.

If they do have a career other than Scientist, it's usually; Painter Extraordinaire, Tech Guru, Culinary, Entertainer, Writer or Astronaut, sometimes the Conservationist career if they live in Sulani. I've had Sims with a few of the other jobs too, but those are my go to staples.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Scientist
    Scientist has been my fav since it came out and is still the one I prefer to play the most.

I also enjoy the ones I can do both from home or go into work with however I feel - like the freelance ones, writers, painters, and even military.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Other Specify below
    Influencer, Painter & Writer.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Other Specify below
    Culinary, works well with families. The cooking, not so much the work hours.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Other Specify below
    Gotta say gardening is my favorite, lets you do nothing for most of the day while cash just flows in. Plus few jobs get to say their creation tried to eat someone.....or actually did eat someone.

Anyways I seen the scientist career and it looks fun, but I can't really say its my favorite when I haven't been able to try it, the freeze ray and cloning machine seem fantastic.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    Other Specify below
    depends on the sim. the careers are in different categories that i made in my mind

the fun, interesting ones: freelancing anything, criminal, secret agent, astronaut, entertainer, social media, painter, writer, critic, politician, style influencer

the "default/basic" careers (ones i put my sims into if they don't have anything about them that would make them enter any of the aforementioned careers): business, tech guru, culinary

ones i don't care for and rarely use: athlete
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • ccarrig_95ccarrig_95 Posts: 525 Member
    Other Specify below
    Conservationist, Actor. I do enjoy the scientist career though.
    I1VZWOJ.jpg
    (Top left to bottom right)Edur Zahrah, Cinderella, Tiana, Pocahantas, Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Emerson, Nicole, Traci, Addisyn
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Other Specify below
    There are several I really like, artist, doctor, writer, actor and social media.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Other Specify below
    don't really have one favorite, I like alot for different reasons...I'll always love painter and the freelancer artist career I guess, cause I love drawing myself and I tend to favor creative things so anything with writing, painting, music in it (the official carrers or the ones I made up).
    But I also really enjoy the scientist career and acting.
    There are still many careers I haven't tried out yet, business really bores me though and I have tried to get a sim into politics like 3 times now and could never follow through eventhough I like the protesting part.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Other Specify below
    Currently, Actor. It's a lot of fun. I'm sure once I have experienced all the shoots available, it will lose its luster because a second go-round would be exactly like the first. But for now, it's enjoyable.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Other Specify below
    So_Money wrote: »
    I like writer the best.

I hate culinary. The hours suck.

True to life, that.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Other Specify below
    I constantly use Entertainer, almost always the musician option. Sometimes they don't have a career and just make money writing songs and jingles.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Other Specify below
    I like the writing, cooking, and critic careers most.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Other Specify below
    I love custom jobs that are out there there isn't one I love more than another but they make careers more interesting when I give them jobs based on their aspirations and traits.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Detective
    Detective.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    Other Specify below
    Thanks to GF and the Road to Fame mod I've got my singer Sim back! As for the other careers, I'm slowly trying to give each one a try. Playing the same careers over and over ad nauseum is downright boring. I've even given Erik Cantrell's father a different career. You can only restart a family so many times without changing up a few things as you go. Joseph was always in Business. Since Sims 4, he's also been a Critic, a Writer and for a very short time, he freelanced.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/