The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch is out

1235...Next

Comments

• SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Has anyone had an issue where the plants don’t need watering? My sim hasn’t needed to water her plants in a freakishly long time. They still produce fruits and flowers, but when I try to water the option is grayed out and says this plant doesn’t need water.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Has anyone had an issue where the plants don’t need watering? My sim hasn’t needed to water her plants in a freakishly long time. They still produce fruits and flowers, but when I try to water the option is grayed out and says this plant doesn’t need water.

Yes I noted the same thing. Been at least 4-5 days no water needed.
  • KityyKatty519KityyKatty519 Posts: 24 Member
    > @SkewedReality04 said:
    > Has anyone had an issue where the plants don’t need watering? My sim hasn’t needed to water her plants in a freakishly long time. They still produce fruits and flowers, but when I try to water the option is grayed out and says this plant doesn’t need water.

Yes it is really weird but i think it has to do with that you now water the entire planter and not just one plant so maybe it glitches if you add other plant to the planter later? My apple and banana tree do need water every 2 days or something while they are in the small single planter??? i don't know i could also be a new feature so you don't have to water them as much...
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member

I didn't read the whole thread, but we got bees in the patch. See pic.
    2gxjktk.jpg
  • mnyxmnyx Posts: 36 Member
    edited June 2018
    mnyx wrote: »
    This may be the wrong place to ask, so if it is please forgive me. But didn't that weed sucker come out with the patch? Where can I find it? I looked in the outdoor category and didn't see it.

I think it comes with the patch, but as I understand it - it’s not an actual object.

When you tell your sim to weed the garden, it should automatically appear.

I might be wrong, though!

No, you're correct - you tell a Sim to 'weed area' and they'll automatically deploy the weed sucker :D

huh it's not working for me. He still weeds by hand :neutral: I was really looking forward to sucking weeds lol
    tumblr_ox6lw9iaeh1tcw5z8o1_1280.jpg

sig and pic by cooper322
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 997 Member
    @stilljustme2 I can see what plant I have by mousing over the plant but for the spliced plants it just says "spliced plant" not any of the components. And to see what I have in the notebook I need to research the plant first. When I research the spliced plant it does one component at a time so I need to keep going back to it.
  • Tapio75Tapio75 Posts: 12 New Member
    has anyone else felt it very weird, that i dont really need to water all my plants anymore? It just annoys me how lazy the Sim now looks when she misses plants and does things super fast.

I also hope there be a mod to revert back to weeding by hand or that the weed sucker will be changed to something you need to buy for your sim. Its not veru realistic to suck weeds out of ground. I also hope, that when seasons and autumn leaves come, that there be option for traditional rake, i dont mind having a leafblower as an option from shop but i dont want to have that noisy thing automatically pulled out of hat, theres enough noise from those machines of heck in the real world allready :D
  • PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    2gxjktk.jpg

There have always been bees in Newcrest.
  • mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    Two things I noticed since playing just a little while ago (first time playing post-patch)

1. I cannot purchase seeds through the buy catalog. They're all locked, saying I need a certain level of gardening to purchase. My sim has the gardening skill maxed out.

2. Vegetarian sims will autonomously make vegetarian-safe food when they cook, correct? My sim went to go make eggs and bacon for breakfast and I was a little confused.
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    PlumDiddy wrote: »
    2gxjktk.jpg

There have always been bees in Newcrest.

Okay. I never noticed them but I never looked for them before the patch.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    They don't do anything but hover there, heh.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Building is so glitchy now! Really not ideal to build now with a brand new EP installed :|:(
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.