Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Midnight Hollow, The Ballan Family

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @bekkasan It is nice seeing Sims excited about the talk of a new baby :smile: Marshall had quite a girly looking laptop! :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member
    @bekkasan You're welcome.
    That'd be nice to have all the kids grow up together. Looking forward to generation three!
    I don't blame Dedric, just wait to find out.
    Wow, three pregnant ladies, going to need lots of diapers!
    That wasn't too hard to find the Willowisps. I hope they are welcoming of Adam.
    Adam might have got a glimpse of his family for the first time. I hope it goes well.
    Awesome update!
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emorrill Thanks for the comments! :smiley: I just loved that shot of him looking at her and was perfect to add to the story.
    Cute book to teach kids a positive lesson.
    I color code all the laptops by favorite color, that way if someone ends up with two or four...yes, that happened at uni, in their inventory I know who the extra one belongs. Someone is always picking someone else's up and using it and then putting them in their own inventory. :lol:

@king_of_simcity7 Thanks for the comments. :smiley: Marshall's laptop is not 'girly'. I'm not sure where you see geometric shapes as 'girly'. But, even if it was hearts and flowers a guy can have a laptop in any color or design he wants nowadays and shouldn't be called 'girly' or 'boyee' lol...not sure how to spell the opposite of girly! See comment to @emorrill as to why they are color coded.

@Brandontaylor Thanks for the comments. :smiley: I think life will get interesting in a different way for them, and yes, lots of diapers!
    I do love the idea of the kids all growing up together since the friends are so close and Adam and Marshall are clan brothers.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    I color code all the laptops by favorite color, that way if someone ends up with two or four...yes, that happened at uni, in their inventory I know who the extra one belongs. Someone is always picking someone else's up and using it and then putting them in their own inventory. :lol:
    ^Oh my goodness @bekkasan that is BRILLIANT! :open_mouth::star:

And it's SO true! Sims swap laptops all over the place! And I could never get why community lots (like a library) would have laptops instead of desktop computers available to use because sims just swap them once they are done using them! :neutral: "Free laptop from the Library yo!" :lol:
    So yeah I've had to go into some premade libraries and fix that. :p
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @bekkasan: you really love the challange, don´t you? 3 babies, maybe more if there is a chance to get twins or even triplets! :o
    Do you plan to play all of them together? I love big families but I always take care that I have only one baby/toddler in a family. This little stinkers make so much work! :D
    And the problems with the laptops: I can so relate! I, too, color them in the favourite color of the owner, but the Sims always pick every laptop they can get their hands on, so at some time in my game I just give up and let them have whatever laptop they would like to have! :D

Hopefully Adam gets positive answers to his questions and that he will find a friendly family!
    @emorrill hehe, thanks! I don't like the free laptop thing for sure!

@AlexaKry Thanks for the comments! I hurried into my game and checked my settings for multiples! Safe....I hope. :open_mouth: I hope you didn't just jinx me. :lol: No watching kids shows on TV or listening to kids music allowed in the story. I love the challenge of the big families so will see if the game starts lagging. If so, will have to split them up. I had planned to eventually anyway.

Adam's Quest

Adam walks towards the couple. "Hi, my name is Adam Moonwalker, and this is my wife Alice. We would like..." The lady suddenly turns deathly pale, cries out "Kailon" and faints. Adam leaps forward with his quick reflexes preventing her from hitting her head and places her gently on the ground. Alice and the man lean over her. Alice makes certain she is still breathing and didn't injure herself. The man calls out her name, "Anastasia, Anastasia!" and pats her hand ineffectually. Alice tells him he should get her inside and he picks her up and carries her indoors. Adam hurries ahead and opens the door for them.
    48775683142_280413f191_b.jpg
    48775683102_89d958cafe_b.jpg
    48775146648_55f95643f3_b.jpg
    48775495816_22bed0b50f_b.jpg

The man lays her down on the bed and Alice examines her and determines it is a faint and she will come around shortly. She asks the man, "Has she ever done this before."
    "No, never. I don't understand, but the young man with you startled her. He looks very much like someone we knew, and I think it was too much for her."
    48775146543_546fe11413_b.jpg

Adam is waiting in the entryway, and a young teen enters the room. "Who are you? I'm Bran. By the fates, you look just like the portrait of Kailon. Are you related? One of the princes maybe? We lived in the fairy realm when my sister and I were born but moved here when we were still babies. I've met some of them at family functions, but I don't remember you."
    Adam explains he came to talk to the Willowisp family. Bran tells him, "Well, you found us. What do you want to talk to us about?"
    Adam thinks he should wait and talk with the parents first so he asks Bran to tell him about growing up in Dragon Valley.
    48775495641_e521dc7a10_b.jpg

Anastasia sits up in the bed as Alice and the man who introduces himself as Nickolas Willowisp are talking. They turn to her as she gets up. "I'm fine, don't hover." She smiles softly taking the sting out of the words. "Who is that young man with you?" she asks Alice.
    "Adam is my husband, and he has a story to tell you. It is his to tell if you are up to listening to it. Are you dizzy?"
    48775682822_a7eaebe854_b.jpg
    48775495536_ac3c8c1072_b.jpg

Nickolas leaves to check on Adam as his wife talks with Alice. He finds Adam and Bran chatting in the entryway. He introduces himself to Adam and tells him his wife Anastasia is recovering and would be out in a moment.
    48775146303_a67825ecb0_b.jpg

Alice and Anastasia came out of the bedroom and Anastasia leads her to an alcove with two portraits. Alice does a double take looking at the man in the portrait. It could be Adam's twin.
    48775495321_820088122c_b.jpg

She calls Adam over and asks him to look at the portrait.
    48775146163_6051da4ca3_b.jpg

Adams knees give out on him and he sinks right down to the floor. Alice touches his shoulder. He reaches up and grasps her hand, and she squeezes his allowing her strength and comforting touch to sooth him.
    Anastasia smiles gently at Adam. "It looks like I'm not the only one feeling a bit shaky. Lets go sit down and talk. Alice tells me you have a story to tell. I'd love to hear the story.
    48775682482_eb04f9c457_b.jpg

They sit down in the living room. Nicholas introduces their children, twins Bran and Briana who had entered the room. They stay to hear the story.
    Adam recounts his story to the Willowisp family. He first apologizes for startling Anastasia and causing her to faint. He explains others had told him he resembled the Prince but, did not realize how much until he saw the portrait himself.
    It takes awhile for the full story of his birth and search to be told. He explains how he left the clan as a child fearing for his own life after Drogo was killed. Finally, finding a home in Midnight Hollow with the support and love of Alice's family, he began to heal. He had a desire to find out more about his Mother and her family. He did indeed have fairy DNA that was discovered in the science lab while at university. The only thing he possessed of his Mothers was a chest that contained a few jewels and gems. The name Helena Willow was inscribed across the top. It was difficult to read as the chest was hidden underground by Drogo and some of the letters had worn off. The search ultimately leads to the story of the missing Princess Nissa, whose maiden name was Willowisp. The sudden death of her husband Prince Kailon months after her disappearance coincided with Adam's birth and his Mother's death. His father was not the werewolf Drogo after all, only his were sire turned by a bite as a baby. They discovered the Willowisp family had moved from Moonlight Falls to the Fairy Realm and then possibly to Dragon Valley. Adam finished his tale with him and Alice and his friends arriving in Dragon Valley and obtaining the address of the Willowisp family and deciding to approach them today.
    48775495136_140ac4a374_b.jpg

With tears running down her face Anastasia listens to the story. She has lived for years not knowing what happened to her daughter and as much as the story hurts she at last knows what happened to her. "Adam, you are the spitting image of Kailon. There is no doubt in my mind that you are their child. Our grandson! The chest you describe was Nissa's. A wedding gift from her Uncle inscribed with her full name which was Helena Nissa Willowisp Moyrn. She used it to carry her jewels and gems that she treasured." She wipes the tears from her face with the back of her hand and reaches out and holds his hand. "You are a gift to us. I thank the Fates for sending you on your search and finding your way to us."
    48775494976_a3692a7bd3_b.jpg

Nicholas hugs his grandson as Anastasia looks on smiling so happily. She gets her hugs in as well. Adam asks if they are willing to get DNA tested to confirm the relationship.
    Nicholas nods and tells Adam, "I can understand we need to be able to prove this officially as the King and Queen might take some convincing. The DNA test on our part will help with the convincing, so of course we will be tested."
    Anastasia takes him over to look at another portrait of Nissa and Kailon. "This is one of the official portraits taken after they were wed. It was my favorite. Look at that profile. You are your father's son."
    Adam is amazed at how beautiful his mother was and how much he looks like his father. His heart is full to bursting having finally found his mothers family. He hopes to one day meet his father's family, but is content knowing who he came from and that his Grandparents accepted him so readily into their hearts.
    48836939796_37b8fbd93e_b.jpg
    48836939901_9fd5a6d7c4_b.jpg
    48775494911_5b8f1d9049_b.jpg

They spent the rest of the evening asking and answering questions and getting to know each other. Anastasia and Nickolas are thrilled about Alice's pregnancy and a great grand on the way that they can spoil. Briana already offered to babysit. Adam and Alice finally arrived back at the rental and Alice was craving ice cream. Adam joined her except he ate yogurt and berries. They house was silent as the others had retired for the night.
    48775682122_548622df26_b.jpg
    @bekkasan : finally!
    And somebody has cut an onion and left it next to my computer! Sniff! What a happy end for Adam!
    He has found a part of his family, hopefully he will find the other part, too!
    :D Briana looks like a little rebell! Sweet!
    I´ll keep my fingers crossed that each of the girls just give birth to one baby! ;)

@AlexaKry Passes out Kleenex. Thanks so much! Adam is happy! Creator is happy too!
    Briana is total opposite of her brother who is very traditional.
    I think she would have a fun story in the future.
    @bekkasan Nice that Nicolas and Anastasia have found out that Adam is their grandson or at least if the DNA test proves it :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @king_of_simcity7 Thanks for the comment. I think they are convinced because of the circumstances and his likeness. Hopefully the DNA will clinch it.
    @bekkasan Well, I think Anastacia fainting might indicate Adam's true heritage.
    May be a good idea, Bran wouldn't know the history as much as his parents would.
    Wow, that Kailon really looks like Adam.
    I'm so glad that Adam found his true family. I wonder if he will be able to take the Willowisp name or if he will stay with Moonwalker?
    The moment I was waiting for arrived, great update!
    @bekkasan I already told you how much I LOVED this chapter ;) , but I'll say it again: I LOVE IT! <3
    (These were my exact - almost :lol: - thoughts when reading it)
    She recognizes him as Kailon, this is a very good sign. :smiley: (Or... IS it? :confused: ) Aww, she fainted. :(
    Great poses. ;)
    Is Alice a nurse? Or is she just very compassionate in nature? :blush:
    Aww, Bran seems like a cute kid. :)
    They turn to her as she gets up. "I'm fine, don't hover."
    ^ :joy:
    LOVE the portraits of Kailon and Nissa! <3 (That's totally sim Adam dressed up as a prince huh? :smirk: )
    Awww! Anastasia's joy just touches my heart! <3 Now she has a grandson she never knew she had, and Adam has a grandmother! 👏
    I'm SO glad they were so accepting of Adam (I was afraid they wouldn't be :( ) and I hope the King and Queen of the Fairy Realm will be just as accepting. *Crossing fingers* 🤞
    The wedding picture! <3<3
    I'd take ice cream over a parfait even when I'm NOT pregnant! :lol:
    I can't wait for the next chapter! :smiley:

@Brandontaylor Thanks so much for the comments. I think he will stay Moonwalker. :smiley:

@emorrill Thanks so much for the comments.
    Alice is a light witch like her mother, so she learned how to heal minor injuries. Remember, she could not heal Marshall though. :cry:
    I actually twinned Adam and created Kailon with a few minor tweaks. Nissa has been made for over a year, so were her parents and the teens. Kailon I made a few weeks ago along with the other royals when I decided I wanted portraits painted of them. Autumn painted the portraits! :lol: But, that will never be part of the story. She had the skill to do the portraits so I popped her and Rafe out of the library and into an empty world with just Kailon and Nissa and a few other royals that needed portraits.
    I'm not sure what is going to happen with the King. I'm writing down ideas and trying to decide which way I want to go with it.
    Next chapter coming up. :wink:

Adam's Quest

Jennifer is up early and fixes french toast for breakfast. Over breakfast Adam excitedly tells his friends what happened at the Willowisp home yesterday. He is still amazed at how much he resembles his father. Nickolas and Anastasia are convinced he is their grandson and have accepted him wolf and all. He explains they invited the Willowisps over so Dedric could test their DNA to confirm the relationship.
    48815271833_b002722371_b.jpg
    48815777107_d7fc4c0f90_b.jpg

Nickolas and Anastasia arrive and Adam invites them inside. Alice introduces everyone to Nickolas and Anastasia. Dedric speaks to Nickolas about the testing and he agrees to be tested. Dedric completes the sample on Anastasia as well.
    48815776932_f31df549d5_b.jpg
    48815776857_7e0bd7d776_b.jpg
    48815271088_cec51109bc_b.jpg

Dedric sets up the analyzer with the samples from Nickolas, Anastasia and a fresh sample from Adam. He uses a sample from himself and Jennifer as controls. While the others chat he monitors the analyzer as it goes about the job of testing and comparing the DNA samples.
    48815270773_8cdbeaf490_b.jpg
    48815776272_af93f04333_b.jpg

Alice is excited about something and Adam smiles at her excitement as he chats with his Grandfather. He does not turn to see what she is so excited about. He will know soon enough. (I totally love the look he gave her)
    48815626551_3a38051f40_b.jpg

Jennifer had gone over to start working on her latest book project. She stops suddenly, feeling the changes in her body that confirms she is indeed pregnant. She immediately lets Marshall know. Even though he suspected, the confirmation is mind boggling to him. He grabs her and kisses her passionately.
    48815626361_e7938dbaab_b.jpg
    48815775827_69563f2edc_b.jpg
    48815270478_b28beed9c9_b.jpg
    48815775702_022bea3ce5_b.jpg

Jennifer and Marshall share the news with everyone. Dedric is still at the analyzer but hears the commotion and shouts out "Congratulations" to them.
    48852814176_b352126a99_b.jpg
    48852814011_e9870d66d9_b.jpg
    48853006352_74fc51e9cf_b.jpg

Dedric announces the results of the testing. "Adam, the tests show you are definitely not related to me or Jennifer. You are however most definitely related to Anastasia and Nickolas. Congratulations!"
    Everyone had seemed to collectively hold their breath and let it out at the same time after Dedric's announcement. "Wonderful!" "Oh, congratulations." "I'm crying again." "Me too!" "I'm so happy."
    Nickolas grabs his Grandson in a big bear hug as he wipes the tears from his eyes. "Nissa's son. She would be so proud of you. She was such loving child and passionate about those she loved. I think you take after her in that respect even though you look so much like your father."
    Anastasia hugs him tightly to her. "I had no doubts, but it is good that it is official and we can contact the King and Queen and let them know the exciting news. Yes, you look like your father, but you are not as impulsive as he was. You are like Nissa in that regard, planning and thinking carefully."
    48815626041_3944ae7e0d_b.jpg
    48815625956_d2cb21fb8d_b.jpg
    48815775462_1a3112fe17_b.jpg

Wisteria, still working on her cooking skills has made remarkable improvement. She prepared a lovely dinner for the group to eat.
    After dinner, Briana and Bran finally arrive. They both had late after school functions and ate a quick meal in the school cafeteria. They are excited about having Adam and Alice as part of the family. They did not know their sister but grew up hearing stories about her and her handsome Prince husband and the tragedy that unfolded. They agree it was fate that let Adam survive and followed his heart to find his family.
    48815775302_5e021a3522_b.jpg
    48822525436_3d2a2c1c93_b.jpg
    @bekkasan Yay! :smiley:
    So Dedric is doing the DNA testing huh? Ohhhh I see. :p
    I meant to say earlier that Nikolas and Anastasia look quite young for their age. ;):p
    Aww, that is the look of love Adam is giving to Alice. :blush:
    Now THIS is the way to congratulate your wife on the news of a pregnancy! :star:
    48815775702_022bea3ce5_b.jpg
    ^Go sexy Marshall! :mrgreen: (That kiss is HOT! <3 )
    "Hi five bro!" :lol:
    When Dedric started off by saying, "Adam, the tests show you are definitely not related to--" I got super nervous! :flushed: But I was glad he went on to say, "not related to me or Jennifer." :p Though it would be super cool if he did have some relation to him or Jennifer. ;)
    Aww, such sweet words given from the grandparents to their grandson. <3
    Love the last picture. ;)<3
    (I can see what you meant in how there wasn't enough seating. :lol: )

I'll be anxious to see what you come up with the King and Queen saying when they hear the news about Adam. ;) I understand it being hard to figure that kind of stuff out. :kissing_heart:
    @bekkasan Congratulations on Jennifer's pregnancy :smile: Also nice to finally hear the DNA results :smile: Is there of the story to come?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

@emorrill Thanks so much for the comments. :) I was happy to see you found the next chapter!
    Nickolas and Anastasia are adults. They do look quite young though. In supernatural Fairies age differently and live longer than humans and of course, I have very long lifespans in my stories.
    Marshall is very happy to get it confirmed. He's gonna be a Daddy!

@king_of_simcity7 Thanks for the comments. :)
    Is there of the story to come?
    I guess you mean is there more to come? This is an ongoing story, so yes, lots more to come. Got babies to have, Kings and Queens to appear, werewolves to make, Rafe and Autumn need to go exploring again. Shea and Seth need to have their baby! Victor and Gardenia's other children need to grow up. Lots more to come. Just not enough time! :smiley:
    @bekkasan Yes I missed out the word more lol I guessed that the babies will have an involvement in the story at one stage :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @bekkasan : such a variety of fairy wings! Beautiful to see! (although I blanket them in my game I like to see them in games from others!)
    Hopefully the king and queen accept that Adam is a Willowisp!
    Looking forward for the little toddlers!
    @bekkasan You're welcome, and I agree, I think he will keep Moonwalker since he gave himself that name. It's almost like his identity now, plus being married means Alice would have to change hers too if Adam changed his last name.
    I'm so happy for Adam that his family accepts him for who he is.
    Wonder what Alice is excited about?
    Congrats on Jennifers pregnancy notice!
    I bet Adam loves hearing how much he takes after both parents, it's definitely something to be proud of.
    Great update!

Adam's Quest

Alice has a craving for Eggs Machiavellian and finds the ingredients in the fridge and prepares breakfast. She hopes the others will like the combination of foods. Dedric tells Adam he has made a listing of the available housing for sale in town and in the outskirts of town.
    "I hope we can find something big enough for all of us to stay together."
    "I put multiple bedrooms, room to expand in the search engine."
    They discuss the plans for house hunting over breakfast with the others. Everyone is in agreement on a bigger house with more rooms and room to expand in the future. Marshall and Jennifer made the decision to stay with Alice and Adam before ever leaving Midnight Hollow so they are happy to settle in Dragon Valley with them.
    Dedric had talked with Wisteria before they left Moonlight Falls that he felt his fate and life was tied with Adam. It was through Adam that they met as he would never have returned to Moonlight Falls on his own. Wisteria understands his reasons for traveling and staying with Adam and she loves Dedric and will be happy with Dedric no matter where they live. She has come to regard the others as family, they are as close as brothers and sisters.
    48852815751_c00d166837_b.jpg
    48852457138_80447bcf64_b.jpg
    48852457068_e52c6ef41d_b.jpg

They pile in Adam's enchanted Mustang and off they go to find the perfect house. Dedric pulls out his tablet. "I think the search engine must have glitched out because this house looks smaller than the rental."
    The next one was bigger, certainly room to expand up or down, but it is not exactly what they are looking for.
    48852815356_f2e9d0f90d_b.jpg
    48853007607_1db291eb29_b.jpg
    48852456678_5d5b030d44_b.jpg

They arrive at the next one. It is on a large lot. One main building and several smaller buildings surrounded by woods on the side and back of the lot. Marshall and Adam's wolves are really liking this one. Dedric pulls out his tablet and reads the description. 'The outer walls of the original buildings had fallen into disrepair over the centuries, and many of the stones were reused to renovate the property. The interior of the buildings were gutted and still need plastering and renovation for modern life. The original name was Red Dragon Lair and the original roof decorations have been lovingly restored by a local artist. The owner of the property passed away before he could complete the renovations and his heirs prefer to sell the property.'
    48852457353_fb3d6d9b68_b.jpg
    48852815076_56442b8987_b.jpg
    48852456448_bc21f2b8f9_b.jpg
    48852456538_98c4d59c48_b.jpg

The real estate agent had left the massive door unlocked for them and they walk into the enormous main room. The focal point of the room is the original fireplace that is fully two floors in height and must have given off a great deal of heat back in the days of yore when indoor heating was non existent. (I've changed the inside ceiling as I felt the wood was too dark. You'll see pics in another update.)
    48852814871_7c5f61138f_b.jpg

It looks like most of the kitchen had been furnished with modern appliances.
    48852456313_ea810855a9_b.jpg

They enjoy a picnic lunch in the shade as they talk about the pros and cons of Red Dragon Lair. The cons were very few and the pro list continued to grow. They made the decision to buy it. The big house would be a joint area for all including any new members of the pack. Alice and Adam would have the upstairs third floor for their living quarters. Dedric and Wisteria would take the cottage next to the greenhouse and Marshall and Jennifer would take the other cottage. The other building has living quarters above the garages and that could be for any new pack members as well.
    Wisteria is excited about the greenhouse and is already making plans to get the weeds pulled and the dirt tilled and planted. Dedric loves her enthusiasm.
    48852814671_1741cd35ec_b.jpg
    48852455963_63b459b86e_b.jpg

Jennifer calls her parents with the news and also tells them about the pregnancy. She misses them, but loves her new life with Marshall and the others and is looking forward to being a parent with Marshall.
    Marshall calls his sister Maggie and tells her the good news about the baby and deciding to settle down in Dragon Valley. She is sad that he won't be coming home to Midnight Hollow, but understands he has his own path to follow.
    48852455858_686012efc7_b.jpg

Alice and Adam make one of their joint calls to Victor and Gardenia. They already knew about the pregnancy and Adam finding the Willowisps and the DNA testing. They are happy they have found a home to settle into and continue their lives together. Victor assures them Dragon Valley is only a couple of teleports away. After they hang up Adam suggests they start searching for a basement to make a guest room for Victor and Gardenia. Alice giggles, "Yes, you know he will show up when the baby is born."
    Surely this place must have had a dungeon. I guess the entrance must have been sealed over time. We will just have to search for it.
    48853006857_7ed4f8d60b_b.jpg

@Brandontaylor Thanks so much for the comments. Yes, I think the Moonwalker identity is strong for Adam. :smiley:
    Alice saw Jennifer get her notice and that is what she was clapping about.
    @bekkasan : another great update! I nearly cannot keep up with your speed! :)
    The new house is huge!! Fingers crossed, that you´ll be able to watch over the toddlers! :D
    And I´m curious how the house will look like when it´s renovated.
    Looking forward to see Victor and Gardenia again!!
    @bekkasan
    "I put multiple bedrooms, room to expand in the search engine."
    ^Indeed! :lol: Gotta make room for 3 new babies! :smiley:
    I love that Wisteria feels like part of the "family" now, when she was so lonely and locked up in her little fairy cottage for so long. <3 I'm so happy for her!
    That first house is adorable. :)
    Neat story about the large property. :) I'm kinda sad for the original owner though, who was all about restoring the buildings and then when he died all his family wanted to do was sell it. :cry: I guess their loss and Adam's Gang's gain! :mrgreen:
    That 2 story fireplace rocks! :star:
    It didn't surprise me at all that Dedric and Wisteria would live in the cottage next to the greenhouse. :smirk:
    And great job making the inside of the greenhouse look like it hadn't been tended to in years! It looks totally realistic! :star:
    I'm glad that their parents are so supportive and yes, they will definitely need a guest room for Victor and Gardenia. :blush: I miss Victor and will be happy to see him when the baby comes.
    <3