Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you use to Edit and Record???

I have a problem with my record or editing software.. it is making the sound not match up with the video. I need some software that can record and edit videos.(or different software for each) What software do you use or what do you know of that is good?? I need some help please!!

Comments

• SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    I use ShareX (available for free on Steam)... Then I just go with the generics and use Windows Movie Maker to edit.
    giphy.gif
  • fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    I have a Steam account but all my sims games are on origin.. could it still record them because my channel is really only sims related (@the moment) @Summerjase
  • Nancy01905Nancy01905 Posts: 3,929 Member
    I use Frapps and windows movie maker for my videos
  • SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    I have a Steam account but all my sims games are on origin.. could it still record them because my channel is really only sims related (@the moment) @Summerjase

Yea, when you download ShareX it is like a separate program; you just choose the area of your screen you want to record, and well, record!
    giphy.gif
    Okay thanks!! I can download it off stream? @Summerjase
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,657 Member
    edited October 2016
    I record within game, and edit with Filmora. Filmora is not free, but it's pretty cheap. Once I dl'ed the demo, I was offered a 40% discount, so I just bought it. I'm pretty happy with it, easy to learn and to use. Had some choppy sound stuff in the start, but now that I'm aware it's easy to avoid by simply record a few seconds longer clips than I need. Don't think it was caused by the software though, more likely my sound card (or vid card), none are dedicated but integrated.

Edit: Forgot to mention that my "LIFE Unlimited" was edited with Filmora.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • pepper090889pepper090889 Posts: 3,354 Member
    I use Loilo Game Recorder [Free] and just edit with Windows Movie Maker. It's probably not the greatest software in the world, but it gets the job done and gives you great quality videos. I haven't any problems with lagging either.
    ofNj4ul
  • YouGotJunoYouGotJuno Posts: 48 Member
    I use OBS Studio for recording which is free, somewhat simple to use and it actually records really well and I edit with iMovie since I'm on a mac. I've been trying to record my commentary separately using Audacity and it does make my iPhone mic sound better but the thing is I'm having some troubles syncing the audacity audio with OBS' in game sound in a way that I have to cut and rearrange them to match the video but it's pretty manageable..
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    I record within game, and edit with Filmora. Filmora is not free, but it's pretty cheap. Once I dl'ed the demo, I was offered a 40% discount, so I just bought it. I'm pretty happy with it, easy to learn and to use. Had some choppy sound stuff in the start, but now that I'm aware it's easy to avoid by simply record a few seconds longer clips than I need. Don't think it was caused by the software though, more likely my sound card (or vid card), none are dedicated but integrated.

Edit: Forgot to mention that my "LIFE Unlimited" was edited with Filmora.

I use Filmora also. I really like the ease of use. There is free OBS for game recording too.
  • SimsenomSimsenom Posts: 4 New Member
    I use Loilo Game Recorder [Free] and just edit with Windows Movie Maker. It's probably not the greatest software in the world, but it gets the job done and gives you great quality videos. I haven't any problems with lagging either.

How did you set up your Loilo? I'm having just the hardest time ever. It won't record video but the audio is perfectly fine.
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I use Shadow Play which is part of the Nvidia GeForce Experience. Windows Movie Maker for editing.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • SelbossSelboss Posts: 70 Member
    i dont currently record but i might get into it i would most likely use OBS to record and to edit i would use Adobe Premier pro have been using that for 2 years now for causal editing and have grown really good with it
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,657 Member
    edited November 2016
    I've realized that recording within game is not good enough, so I just installed OBS Studio. However, I'm fairly blank when it comes to using it. The guides I find online focus on streaming, and I'm only interested in recording. Where can I find directions? Not even sure how to connect OBS to my game... How can I import TS4 screen into OBS?
    EDIT: Found a tutorial on YT, problem solved. Still not finding the better settings though, so maybe I can't get a good result with OBS because my vid card is integrated.
    Post edited by Simmerville on
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    I have OBS but I can't figure it out!! I haven't been able to record because of it.
  • DeviSimmerDeviSimmer Posts: 232 Member
    for record i use OBS and for edit i use VSDC.
    I have OBS but I can't figure it out!! I haven't been able to record because of it.

in OBS try to record when you are in "display Captrue" in SOURCES and then edit it like you want in a editor software
    3410792.png

DeviSimmer - create|CAS|SIMS
    find me on youtube & tumblr - DeviSimmer
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCFm5IJhxHDszR3XdDW78DEw
  • iMickeyNikkiiMickeyNikki Posts: 43 Member
    I use xSplit Gamecaster for audio and video and I use Movavi Video Editor 12 for editing! both are very simple to learn how to use! I am just starting my channel and am in the process of posting my first video now! Very easy to use!
    My Youtube Channel youtube.com/c/yohosimmer
  • DeviSimmerDeviSimmer Posts: 232 Member
    i'd like to change what i wrote here :
    DeviSimmer wrote: »
    for record i use OBS and for edit i use VSDC.

in OBS try to record when you are in "display Captrue" in SOURCES and then edit it like you want in a editor software

first, before you open OBS, open it with "open as admistor" (i dont know how it wrote in english) and then when you need to choose sources choose "game captrue" and when you start to record it will take a really short time to "see" the game, and then it will record you. i also record and uploud what i record to youtube so if you want to see how its look like enter my channel - DeviSimmer
    3410792.png

DeviSimmer - create|CAS|SIMS
    find me on youtube & tumblr - DeviSimmer
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCFm5IJhxHDszR3XdDW78DEw
  • Gaming_CultureGaming_Culture Posts: 13 New Member
    OBS Studios all the way!
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    I use Action! for recording and cyberlink for editing.

If you have a NVIDIA graphics card (I don't know if it's only for the more recent ones) you can get recording software for free. It's called the Geforce experience.
  • jinzou214jinzou214 Posts: 74 Member
    I like OBS too, but for sims, FRAPS is pretty simple and the quality is decent. I use Windows Movie Maker to edit, and only because I can't be bothered downloading and learning other more advanced video editors right now. For what I do, this works well, though I'd like to find something that can do image overlays and callouts eventually.
  • happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    edited November 2016
    I use the recording software that comes with Geforce Experience (Shadow Play) and Windows Movie Maker.
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • xoFireflyxoFirefly Posts: 40 Member
    I use FRAPS to record and Filmora to edit :)
  • ThomasSidney1ThomasSidney1 Posts: 55 Member
    I use Dxtory to record and Sony Vegas Pro 13 to edit, both are expensive but were the best purchases ever! The quality from both of them is out of this world, it's the same recorder that XUrbanSimsX and she recommended it to me, I'm so glad she did! When I do CC shopping videos, and videos that I'm not in the actual game, then I use OBS Studio which is great and it's free, I used that in the past for game recording too so that might be a good option if you're looking for something free :)
  • lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    I use FRAPS and Filmora. Careful with using music tracks from Filmora if you get it, though. I've had to deal with copyright issues twice from their tracks despite having permission to use them in the Filmora EULA.
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• HugstariHugstari Posts: 3 New Member
    For recording I use OBS Studio and for editing I use Avid Media Composer.