Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Treasure Spawn Point

I am working on a new world that will have a tomb in it. I created the world and tomb in the unlocked version of CAW. I populated it, saved it as a basic world (not a city or vacation). When I explore the tomb with a Sim during my testing, the treasure chests spawn the expected treasure, the keystone object spawns the expected keystone, but the Treasure Spawn Point (the green and white shaped tear drop buydebug object) doesn't spawn a treasure. At first I though I had just forgotten to set the treasure, but in Edit Town the "Show status" shows the treasure is set. I have run several families for several days (the latest was Sun through 3AM Thursday) without any spawning. I ran another family and on the first Sunday at 2 PM they traveled to France. Upon there return and finishing the day at 3 AM Monday, I peaked in the tombs using Edit Town and the treasures had spawned ( bar of copper setting on the Treasure Spawn Point object). Does anyone know what is going on?

Is travel a prerequisite for treasure spawning in a basic world? Is it a random event and I should just wait longer on the other families? If I generate the world as a city will the treasure spawn work?

I appreciate the help and have searched, but don't see a discussion of this particular problem. I can/will run some test, but hope someone has seen this and can point me in a fruitful direction.

Comments

• HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    I created a small tomb exactly once, so I'm no expert. :) But I'm currently playing an adventurer sim and not long ago I tried to create a small lot with the Axe of Pangu because the axe had first ended up in my sim's family inventory, then disappeared altogether. I had placed one of those markers on the floor and it did spawn a pile of coins. My sim is traveling to the WA worlds so it's possible that he traveled before I saw this, but I don't think so - I'm pretty sure I checked the lot right away, I did, however, build it in my build world, save it to the library, and placed it in his home world before checking the lot.

Are you designating something specific to spawn? I can't remember off hand what that menu looks like, but I'm wondering if you've tried other things to spawn? Just to see what happens?
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • RRArtieRRArtie Posts: 204 Member
    I created a small tomb exactly once, so I'm no expert. :) But I'm currently playing an adventurer sim and not long ago I tried to create a small lot with the Axe of Pangu because the axe had first ended up in my sim's family inventory, then disappeared altogether. I had placed one of those markers on the floor and it did spawn a pile of coins. My sim is traveling to the WA worlds so it's possible that he traveled before I saw this, but I don't think so - I'm pretty sure I checked the lot right away, I did, however, build it in my build world, save it to the library, and placed it in his home world before checking the lot.

Are you designating something specific to spawn? I can't remember off hand what that menu looks like, but I'm wondering if you've tried other things to spawn? Just to see what happens?

Thank you for the reply. These are the kind of thoughts and questions I need. I am just learning tombs also. And have learned a lot!

Am I designating something specific? - I have a world with several tombs. Within them I have designated metals, gems, $, !/nectar, dig sites, and tomb loot in treasure chests and in Treasure Spawn Points. The Treasure Spawn Point has the same list as the Treasure chest. None of the Spawn points generate in the exported world, but the treasure chests have all spawned when a Sim enters the tomb.

You built in edit town - I built a test tomb in edit town and the Treasure Spawn Points both in the open and under rubble piles spawned immediately upon entering the tomb. They don't apparently spawn under moveable statues. This test also showed that some treasures don't spawn. For instance, the "Relics" treasure seems to be a random relic, but spawns nothing. After I figured out what treasures didn't spawn I changed them for something that did spawn. I also use the key object to spawn keys because it has more different keys than the chest or spawn point.

Treasure Spawn Point didn't give you the Pangu's Axe. - I didn't try to spawn a Axe of Pangu's axe from the spawner, but I have a small tomb in a dance club. In that tomb I hung a Pangu's Axe object on the wall and placed a treasure chest. I created this tomb in the unlocked version of CAW. I have tested this, and the axe can be picked up and the chest has a treasure. I didn't go as far as breaking boulders with the axe, because the other tombs weren't working.

Thank you for the response and I hope you get Pangu's Axe. I have never gotten through all the boulders in WA and will try that again.
    edited September 2016
    Glad you figured it out!

I wasn't trying to spawn the axe; I had it on the wall but just threw in a few tomb objects for fun. My sim had no interactions available though. The game kept seeing him as already having the axe and would not allow him to have another one. I solved this by clicking on a wall in his house and choosing 'reset'.* After that I was able to place an axe on the wall through buydebug and he had the interaction to 'take'. It works as it should, just like the original before it disappeared.

On another occasion my sim supposedly had a Sigil from one of the Egyptian tombs but I have no idea where it went so I was able to spawn another one in a chest in his basement (needed it for the collection). Now the in-game stats show that he has two! But when I set that up I noticed that many items were not listed so it must be random. That's too bad that the relics don't spawn at all.

* I should clarify that this requires NRAAS MasterController to reset the lot.

Sorry that I misunderstood that you were trying to spawn the axe. Good info on the reset clearing up some of the inventory problems. I will remember that.

I have played a family Sunday through Friday with no Treasure Spawn Points spawning treasure in my tombs. In edit town mode I added spawn points in my dance club (the one with the Axe on the wall) and checked them at night and they had not spawned either. I sent the family to Egypt and we will see if the treasures spawn when they return.
    Yes, I should have been more specific but when I explained that I made the axe lot I did so in another world, saved it to the bin, and placed it in my game - since mine spawned some coins, I was wondering if it's necessary to reload the game (which happens after you travel as well as when you quit and restart the game). You'll have to let us know if it works after traveling.

Yes! Travel did it!

I have been playing a Sim family from Sunday to Friday 6PM (Sim times) over a period of three real days. I quit and would restart the next real day or even twice a day, so there were a few reloads. No treasure spawned at the Treasure Spawn Point object in any of the tombs. The family traveled to Egypt, did adventures (Discovery Tomb, collect gems, convince people) and went to the copper quarry and cleared some rubble and collected some copper and other metal from those spawn points. Also, explored and cleaned out the Pyramid of the Winds. They returned home. I saved Friday at 8PM after they got home and looked in edit town at the tombs. It looks like everyone of them spawned. Even the ones under the uncharted island clouds.

Apparently travel sets a switch that says - spawn treasure now.

I am going to check to see if butterflies, snakes, land based seashells, and beetles have spawned more than before travel. I have also had the impression that travel reset the IP treasure chests. I need to check that too.
    @RRArtie Whoa, this is good to know! I don't know if I'll be building a whole lot more tombs but this will save a lot of frustration if I do. Thanks for letting us know.

Didn't effect the other spawners. I set a TNS message to warn that a Sim should travel first before entering the home world tomb. Seems to be working.