Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Genius trait: How do I mentally stimulate my sim?

My sim keeps getting tense because she needs mental stimulation. How do I do that?
6JSxk49.png?1

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Playing chess, browsing the web, programming, using the microscope/observatory etc. are a few things you can have your sim do.
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Playing chess, browsing the web, programming, using the microscope/observatory etc. are a few things you can have your sim do.
    Thanks! :)
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Yes, focus is any mental activity. Get your genius into yoga and watch him/her rip through programming
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Yes, focus is any mental activity. Get your genius into yoga and watch him/her rip through programming
    Well I don't have spa day yet but that's interesting to know.
    6JSxk49.png?1

The genius trait is great for any scientific equipment if you have Get to Work. Also, gardening and fishing interestingly enough. Any reading tasks, chess playing has been mentioned, but also cards. And last, but not least, video gaming.

The key is to get a focussed mind state before starting the activity. My personal favourite is pitch black tea to get the focussed moodlet. This not only makes the sim focussed, but also adds a good happy buff, add in listening to music while doing the activity for even more buffs and your genius will skill very fast indeed.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member

The genius trait is great for any scientific equipment if you have Get to Work. Also, gardening and fishing interestingly enough. Any reading tasks, chess playing has been mentioned, but also cards. And last, but not least, video gaming.

The key is to get a focussed mind state before starting the activity. My personal favourite is pitch black tea to get the focussed moodlet. This not only makes the sim focussed, but also adds a good happy buff, add in listening to music while doing the activity for even more buffs and your genius will skill very fast indeed.

I didn't know about the pitch black tea thing, thanks!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

I didn't know about the pitch black tea thing, thanks!

Good for bursts. Yoga/massage if you want a really long lasting moodlet, if you have Spa Day that is.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....