Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Seasons Keeps Crashing

I recently bought The Sims 3 Seasons for my MAC from Target and after I created my family and moved them into a house the game would just exit and say "Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x0000001d at address 0x73140f8. Do you wish to debug it?" And then I click on yes and it closes. I've had to do this two times already and I don't think it will stop soon. I don't have anything from the store or exchange any more because I deleted all of things I downloaded a while ago. Does anyone know what's wrong? 21denpx.png

Comments

• Erika91Erika91 Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    Im having the same problem!! :cry:
  • OMGitspancakeOMGitspancake Posts: 7
    edited November 2012
    Same here as well :(
  • wiscogrrl73wiscogrrl73 Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    Downloaded it on my PC and it has shut down my entire computer after about 15-20 minutes of gameplay. I believe the system is trying to save data from being damaged (because it says as much when I reboot).
  • jewelinajewelina Posts: 165 New Member
    edited November 2012
    my game has been crashing the day i installed it ! .. the first time it crashed it deleted all my saved towns.. so i had to start all the way over .. it crashes every 30 mins .. im also having glitches when i enter CAS .. my game crashes when i plan outfit .. and i cannot find pumpkin pie recipe im at level 10 in cooking .. but it doesnt show up.. im calling EA TODAY!!!!!
  • VOLCOMSTAR4VOLCOMSTAR4 Posts: 7
    edited November 2012
    Glad i'm not the only one experiencing this
  • monikanelsonmonikanelson Posts: 7
    edited November 2012
    I'm not getting that error message, but I'm not getting more then 5-10 minutes of gameplay before the game just shuts itself down and then tells me it's going to sent a message to apple about the problem. I keep sending the messages to apple, but I don't think it's apple's problem. I've checked my computer usage and I've only used just over half my computer capacity. Very very frustrating considering how excited I was about Seasons to come out!

Considering uninstalling it until there is a patch for a fix or something...
  • LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited November 2012
    I'm a Mac user and I've been getting that occasionaly pretty much since the beginning. There are lots of threads on the Mac forum that indicate it's never been addressed.

Seems like everyone is getting crashes since they installed Seasons. :(
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited November 2012
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • JnS15JnS15 Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    My game is also crashing. Just installed it today. Is this a sole mac issue?
  • xXxTAMMIxXxxXxTAMMIxXx Posts: 43
    edited November 2012
    No it isn't just crashing on macs. It is crashing on pcs as well. Keeps crashing on mine after two hours and i am running windows vista.
  • crosemaccrosemac Posts: 3
    edited November 2012
    Same here. I bought the seasons the day it came out. As soon as I tryed to make new sims (trying to make mystic falls) it crashed. Before I got Seasons I played Supernatural and did pretty okay with the game. If I played for 5 to 6 hours it would crash so I knew to save often just in case this happened. Now I can't even finish making a sim without a crash. I'm so mad about all this.

Should I just uninstall all my sims 3 games and start fresh. because a long time ago I downloaded from the exchange and since then it would be weird (but I love the custon eye colors the sims from the exchange come with)

I own a PC and its about 4 years old. My husband cleaned out the Thumbnails and all that for me but I just don't know what else to do...I'm desperate to play my game
  • KolytokaKolytoka Posts: 3
    edited November 2012
    it crashes on me when i try to view all of Preset Sims that has been made and i run windows 7
  • l8nytsimmerl8nytsimmer Posts: 1,528 New Member
    edited November 2012
    This is so typical of EA! They turn out a crappy product just to meet their deadlines, and when the complaints start rolling in, as they knew full well they would, they just tune us out. Who are we anyway? We're the little people. The middle class, working people who are so much beneath them. Why should they worry about us, they've already got our money? They also know that most of us won't ask for our money back. We'll wait to see if someone can fix these bugs. One of these days we ought to call their bluff, and all demand that our money be immediately returned - and do it en masse, all at once. THAT would get their attention! I wonder how many copies of Seasons they've sold already? Imagine if we all just demanded our money back at the same time. That would have to hurt!

Anyway, I've decided that I'm not going to download or install Seasons until they iron out some of these bugs. I just started a new Legacy Family, and I really like them. I downloaded them from a Simmer's Studio here on the website because I just loved the designer's description of them. I usually never download ANYTHING from the Exchange or from this website, but this family...I coulddn't resist. I downloaded their new home from another website, and the designer described it as an abandoned Nectary, recently remodeled to serve as a family home. I'm not going to risk losing either my family or their great new home by downloading a piece-of-garbage Expansion Pack that doesn't work. SOMEONE will find a solution. And I'm content to wait until that happens. The only thing I'm upset about was that the money I spent on Seasons was a gift, from my Brother-in-law, himself a gamer, who knew how badly I want the Seasons expansion.
  • KolytokaKolytoka Posts: 3
    edited November 2012
    everyone will be reporting bugs and the programs themselves have a auto report if the game crashes. in the next game updates will have bug fixes. I dislike buying anything on Disk or CD that may not work and most stores wont take them back, they would just think you copied the disks and used the serial codes. I get everything of mine Digital.
  • Sims3forme1Sims3forme1 Posts: 36
    edited November 2012
    My sister and I are having the same problem! We thought it was just our computers :( After about 15 minutes the game stops working :cry:
  • zoo300zoo300 Posts: 35
    edited November 2012
    I un-installed my Supernatural EP and I got to play for 30 minutes with Seasons! I'm happy that I at least got more than 10 but my usual game play time is 2-4 hours :(
  • koshercatkoshercat Posts: 10 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I am having a similar problem. After about 10-20 minutes of gameplay my game becomes unresponsive and freezes. I then have to shut down my macbook, restart, and the process begins all over again. I am not, however, receiving an error message. This is happening every time and it's frustrating... Any idea when this problem will be fixed?
  • wendy2584wendy2584 Posts: 6
    edited November 2012
    My gamre crashes every time i try to expand my house to two stories. I get the 2nd floor built but when i go to save it crashes. :-(
  • DragonbladezDragonbladez Posts: 5
    edited November 2012
    My Seasons is crashing too! But the crashing occurs the most when the Weather Stone appears!
  • WeasieLouWeasieLou Posts: 111 Member
    edited November 2012
    Started having the Error 12's after the latest patch and numerous crashes with error information simply too long to copy and paste here.

Installed SEASONS, more problems, especially with CAH, and more crashes with unhandled page faults. Latest, CAH caused crash after planning Sim outfit. Men's tops were all messed up and even had pants in the tops menu, then Sim went dark grey with alien eyes, exited and game crashed.
  • BlackRockShooterBlackRockShooter Posts: 3
    edited November 2012
    wow i'm so relieved that i'm not the only one who's having their game crash after like 20 minutes! i really hope they make a patch for this soon :cry: my game was running perfectly fine until i installed seasons and now my game crashes and i have error 12 and 16 whenever i try to save and it's so frustrating because i was looking forward to playing seasons for a few months
  • ApriliseAprilise Posts: 431 Member
    edited November 2012
    Same here. Supernatural was working fine, installed seasons (including the patch since it wouldn't let me install without it), and now it's crashing. I'm having to save every day or so so that I can keep the progress I've made. Also its saying it can't connect to Origin, even though just a couple weeks ago (with supernatural) it was connecting fine.

I used to leave the game running, and it will stay up when paused usually, just when I'm playing it will freeze then die at random intervals.

I have all the expansions, stuff packs, and some store content, don't think I have any custom content but I could. Most of what I have is expansion, stuff pack, or store content.
  • VIVKRNVIVKRN Posts: 182 Member
    edited November 2012
    This is so typical of EA! They turn out a crappy product just to meet their deadlines, and when the complaints start rolling in, as they knew full well they would, they just tune us out. Who are we anyway? We're the little people. The middle class, working people who are so much beneath them. Why should they worry about us, they've already got our money? They also know that most of us won't ask for our money back. We'll wait to see if someone can fix these bugs. One of these days we ought to call their bluff, and all demand that our money be immediately returned - and do it en masse, all at once. THAT would get their attention! I wonder how many copies of Seasons they've sold already? Imagine if we all just demanded our money back at the same time. That would have to hurt!

Anyway, I've decided that I'm not going to download or install Seasons until they iron out some of these bugs. I just started a new Legacy Family, and I really like them. I downloaded them from a Simmer's Studio here on the website because I just loved the designer's description of them. I usually never download ANYTHING from the Exchange or from this website, but this family...I coulddn't resist. I downloaded their new home from another website, and the designer described it as an abandoned Nectary, recently remodeled to serve as a family home. I'm not going to risk losing either my family or their great new home by downloading a piece-of-garbage Expansion Pack that doesn't work. SOMEONE will find a solution. And I'm content to wait until that happens. The only thing I'm upset about was that the money I spent on Seasons was a gift, from my Brother-in-law, himself a gamer, who knew how badly I want the Seasons expansion.

Full support.
  • VIVKRNVIVKRN Posts: 182 Member
    edited November 2012
    My game crashes mainly when I enter CAS. It's annoying, but I've been lucky so far. It usually happens after I have clicked to edit town, so my town is saved. Since reading all the issues others are having, I have started saving my game more frequently. This just makes me angry because it disrupts my game play. EA needs to think of the customers instead of the all mighty buck. Iron out issues BEFORE releasing anything new! :(
  • EpicLemonx3EpicLemonx3 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I thought it was just me! Supernatural's been working fine, I pick a family ok but the loading screen after will load a quarter of the way and then the game crashes! Aa, I was really looking forward to playing this!