Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Mansionacy: A Never-Ending House! *NEW LEGACY!*

bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
I've decided to create another new Legacy challenge!

Again, please provide me any feedback that you can to help me make this Legacy even better!

And have fun playing this!
If you want to check out any of my other Legacies, try out one of these Legacies!
The Occult Dominancy: A Battle Legacy of the Creatures!
The Perfecionacy: Building Perfect Sims

If you want to share the mansions that you have built, go on ahead!
Also, share the story of your Mansionacy as you play this Legacy!

The objective of this Legacy is to construct the largest Mansion possible as your Generations pass on.

Latest Update: April 28, 2012
•Added a link to the Perfectionacy!

General Rules
You cannot use cheats to gain an unfair advantage, including:
-Going into Build/Buy Mode on another Sim's lot or a community lot.
-Killing another Sim.
-Increasing your motives.
-Increasing or decreasing your relationship with another Sim/Pet.
-Increasing your Household funds or individual funds.

You are allowed to start in any world that you want, Player-made or EA-made!

You are not allowed to use Mods, unless they are necessary for you to be able to have the game be playable!

You are not allowed to adopt a child or Pet in the Founding Generation until the Founding Generation Requirements have been met!

Unless you cannot play the game with it on, Story Progression must be on!

Aging must be on. The Lifespan can be set to anything you want, or customized any way you want.

Lifetime Rewards are allowed.

The Founding Generation
First, to start, you will need a Sim of any species! Also, keep in mind that the Founding Generation can only have 1 Pet of any species to start!

You can use ANY Sim, whether from CAS, pre-made into the world, or downloaded from the exchange!

CC is allowed!

Like the original Legacy Challenge, you can only start out with 1 Sim in your Household, and you are not allowed to switch the active household at all during this legacy!

In addition, the starting lot must be a 64x64 sized empty lot! If no 64x64 lots can be found, put in your own 64X64 lot! If there's no room, just go with the next biggest empty lot you can find or place.

How to Play
This instructions will tell you how to play this Legacy!

1) Founding Generation
Before you do anything, your 1st Generation, or the Founding Generation, must complete these requirements! This means you must wait to add any Sims or Pets to the Household until this is done!

First, your Sim must build 5 different rooms of your house before you get married or have a child.
Your Sim will probably need to have a job for a while to be able to make these rooms.

Then, once you get married OR if you have a child, you must build 5 more rooms.

By the end of your 1st Generation, you should have 10 rooms.

2) Descendant Generations
After you have your 1st child, every Generation must follow all these requirements before any of the Sims of the current Generation die, or before the Legacy is completed!

Each of the following Generations do not have to build any rooms until they have married or until they've had a child!

However, there are several limitations and catches to this...

1) For every new Generation (including Pets) that is made, 10 rooms must be built!

2) For every new individual baby (including Pets) that is born, 5 rooms must be built!
These rooms do NOT count towards the 10 Rooms per. Generation requirement!

3) For every new Household member that is added to the Household, but not born into the Household (including Pets and Occults), then 3 rooms must be built!

4) You are allowed to delay building rooms to earn more Simoleons, but you must build the rooms before a Sim that you must build rooms for dies or moves out!

5) You are NOT allowed to build ANY rooms unless you're required to by above instructions! And no more than required!

Failing the Mansionacy Legacy
There are a couple ways to fail the Mansionacy Legacy. Feel free to continue playing the Mansionacy after this, but keep in mind that if you fail, the Points that may be earned are Legacy Points. No Mansionacy Points may be earned after this point!

Fail by Debt
If any of your furniture, no matter the value, is taken away from your home due to not turning in taxes, then you will fail the Legacy!

Fail by Incomplete Rooms
If the required number of rooms that must be built is not met before a Sim dies, before an entire Generation completely dies out, or before a Sim moves out, then the Legacy will be failed.
You must assign a room to a specific Sim. You cannot "cross" requirements over to multiple Sims.
For example, if you have 2 Elder Sims, and you have built all 5 rooms for 1 Elder but then the other died with no rooms built specifically for that Elder, then the Legacy will be lost since you did not build those rooms with the intentions of meeting the other Elders' requirements in mind.

Fail by Disaster
If at least 1 Sim dies of every non-Expansion Pack-associated-death on top of the lot property (people outside of the Household will also count towards this failure), then the Mansionacy will be failed.

Completing the Mansionacy Legacy
The Mansionacy Legacy is completed as soon as all of the 10th Generation's rooms are created for every child in the Generation.

You must reach this goal before 10 Generation either dies out or makes a new Generation, or the Mansionacy will end!

Earning Points
There are several ways to earn points in this Legacy.

Legacy Points
A New Generation (+1 Point [1 Pt. Max Per. Gen])
You will earn Points by simply making another Generation. Only 1 Sim can make a new Generation. Additional Sims of the same Generation do not count for Points. If you must, you may move out/release older Generations to make room for a new one.
If the 10th Generation does not complete the Mansionancy, then the Mansionacy will end!

Fulfilling a New Lifetime Wish (+2 Points)
Every time a new Lifetime Wish that has not been previously achieved in the current Household is completed, +2 Points are earned for that Household. Any amount of Sims, and Sims of the same Generation, can each earn points.

Portraits (+1 Point)
If you make a portrait of a Sim before their death, you will earn +1 Point.
If you make the portrait after the Sim dies, then no Points will be earned.

Net Worth (+1 Point Per. $10,000)
For every $10,000 in Net Worth (with furniture) that the Household's lot is worth, +1 Point is earned. If the value of the lot decreases a $10,000 mark, -1 Point is taken away.

Mansionacy Points
Construction (+2 Points)
Every time that a new room is built, then +2 Points are earned.

Destruction (-3 Points)
If any rooms are ever torn down, or paint/items are taken away, and the room is not "replaced" by another room before going back to Live Mode, then -3 Points will be taken away!
Every time that a Fire merely starts on your lot, Points are automatically taken away!

Decoration (+5 Points)
These Points are earned by building certain types of rooms.
+5 Points are earned every time that a room is built that does not have any functionality.

Functionality Rooms means Rooms such as a Kitchen, Living Room, Bathroom, Bedroom, Arcade, etc.

A total of 5 Decoration Rooms for an individual Sim may be built!
A total of 7 Decoration Rooms for a new Generation may be built!

These points are earned only after:
-The floors and walls are all painted.
-10+ Decoration items of any type are placed in the room.

Function (+6 Points)
These Points are earned by building certain types of rooms.
+6 Points are earned every time that a room is built that is made as a Functionality Room. (Gardens DO count as Functionality Rooms!)

Functionality Rooms means Rooms such as a Kitchen, Living Room, Bathroom, Bedroom, Arcade, etc.

A total of 3 Function Rooms for an individual Sim may be built!
A total of 3 Function Rooms for a new Generation may be built!

These points are earned only after:
-The floors and walls are all painted.
-3+ Functioning Items (Items that can be interacted with) of any type are placed in the room.

Mansion (+100/+50 Points)
The +100 Mansion Points are earned only when you complete this task before you complete the Legacy!
The +50 Mansion Points are only earned if you complete this after you Complete the Legacy!

Points are earned every time that 250 Rooms are built!
Yes, the counting is tedious. But if you really want to get ahead, you should try to count these points! =)
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited April 2012
    Update:

•Added a Latest Update section!
    •Added a section to try out more of my Legacies!
  • BlueNosedFriendBlueNosedFriend Posts: 9,401 New Member
    edited April 2012
    This is a good idea!
    edited April 2012
    Thanks!
    Update:

•Added a new rule banning using cheats to increase the Household or individual funds.
    edited April 2012
    Update:

•Added a link to the Perfectionacy!
  • yarisuketteyarisukette Posts: 6
    edited October 2012
    I know this sounds like a dumb question but what would a decoration room look like? What should/shouldn't it have in it? Do they count towards the generation number of rooms total and the individual number of rooms total or are they in addition to?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • killerfairieskillerfairies Posts: 8
    edited February 2013
    this is awesome.
  • zefiewingszefiewings Posts: 2,649 Member
    edited February 2013
    Very interesting, but I wonder what the house will look like when it is done!
    This seems like the perfect thing to add to an existing legacy challenge as an extra challenge too!

Do you think you can come up with a slightly toned down version? Because you will have 100 rooms from the generation additions. The children add 250 rooms if there are 5 children per generation (I averaged since some might be more and some less). Additional people added mean at least 30 more just with spouses. So that's 380 rooms...and that's if there are zero pets! Even if you have the biggest lot, I don't know how possible that is! You would have literally no yard. And even then...

Other than that...this would go perfectly with my culture legacy challenge, because the house would get rooms full of each culture! May I add a link to this on the page I started as a complementary challenge with some (okay 1) rule on blending them?
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/641593.page
    ff1pc0.jpg
    My Blog story with the challenge of my own design! Click and see!
  • zefiewingszefiewings Posts: 2,649 Member
    edited February 2013
    I really want to do this but I'm thinking about halving the numbers so it doesn't get out of hand. Or else I'm going to have to make each room the size of a bean. :?
    I hope the OP gets back soon, I want to know if he's gotten far with his own and see if its getting out of hand for him...
    ff1pc0.jpg
    My Blog story with the challenge of my own design! Click and see!
  • ZefhyraZefhyra Posts: 2
    edited January 2014
    I'm going to be starting this... I've removed all my mods (except stroy progression, I find it helps with keeping the town moving and making it seem more... I don't know, alive!) and I've printed the rules, as well as a 64x64 graph for me to plot and label my mansion with. It's gonna be crazy!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top