Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poster Or Painting Request =) *Vintage Circus/Carnival/Magic Show Style*

xWednesdayxxWednesdayx Posts: 2,478 New Member
I am making a house that belongs to a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 fortune teller sim, but I need some new paintings or posters to hang around her house. I wanted to use these images (or similar ones) for a vintage circus/carnival/magic show type of style.

fts6.jpg
0249r.jpg
bigFortuneTeller.jpg
circusposter1.jpg
p01a_circus.jpg

I am no good at making custom paintings, I have tried in the past! But I have seen many marvelous creators make excellent quality CC paintings. If anyone would like to add any vintage circus/carnival/magic show posters to the list, please feel free to do so! =) I love this style and I think it would be cool if someone decided to make a collection out of them.

Comments

• CloudwalkerNZCloudwalkerNZ Posts: 1,343 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I am making a house that belongs to a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 fortune teller sim, but I need some new paintings or posters to hang around her house. I wanted to use these images (or similar ones) for a vintage circus/carnival/magic show type of style.

fts6.jpg
    0249r.jpg
    bigFortuneTeller.jpg
    circusposter1.jpg
    p01a_circus.jpg

I am no good at making custom paintings, I have tried in the past! But I have seen many marvelous creators make excellent quality CC paintings. If anyone would like to add any vintage circus/carnival/magic show posters to the list, please feel free to do so! =) I love this style and I think it would be cool if someone decided to make a collection out of them.

Do you have some better quality pictures?

Picture 1 is particularly bad. It missing the corners, and the graphic definition is poor. It won't look nice when you bring it into the game.

Most pictures loss a bit of quality when you bring them in games. When the quality of the picture is poor to begin with, it will look awful.

The others look ok but I would suggest sharper ones.

If you can get better pictures I would be happy to do it for you. :mrgreen:
  • xWednesdayxxWednesdayx Posts: 2,478 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Oops. :oops: Sorry.

For the first image, I found out who the original artist was and this was the biggest, sharpest version of the picture I could find. But it isn't saying much. :( At least the corners aren't cut off.

PsychicFortunes.jpg

I didn't have luck with a few of the others, so I chose some different ones. I tried to find ones that were larger and sharper.

1430621020A.jpg
    p01a_circus-2.jpg
    6a00d83451ccbc69e200e5505d68528834-800wi.jpg
    houdini-performance-poster.jpg
    il_fullxfull199867456.jpg

I know the last two are probably a bit questionable. I didn't think about how hard it might be to find good quality yet still worn out and aging posters. xD
    What do you think?
  • CloudwalkerNZCloudwalkerNZ Posts: 1,343 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Oops. :oops: Sorry.

For the first image, I found out who the original artist was and this was the biggest, sharpest version of the picture I could find. But it isn't saying much. :( At least the corners aren't cut off.

PsychicFortunes.jpg

I didn't have luck with a few of the others, so I chose some different ones. I tried to find ones that were larger and sharper.

1430621020A.jpg
    p01a_circus-2.jpg
    6a00d83451ccbc69e200e5505d68528834-800wi.jpg
    houdini-performance-poster.jpg
    il_fullxfull199867456.jpg

I know the last two are probably a bit questionable. I didn't think about how hard it might be to find good quality yet still worn out and aging posters. xD
    What do you think?

The pictures doesn't need to be big. Anything around 256 x 256 pixels is fine. But it does need to be sharp and not pixelated. Because the CC's texture file is quite small Sim3 tend to render any pixlated picture poorly. :mrgreen: The picture should look at least as good as your signature image. :mrgreen:

The pictures above look like scan images. I can see the pixels, and they will show up in game. The quality of the CC in game will look somewhat like they are now - maybe a bit blurrier. :shock:

I am not sure they will be viewed as the best quality CC posters :shock: