Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No parties In Windenburg?

I have been playing with a 6 person family, and none of them have been invited to any parties at the mansion, the Bluffs, or the Ruins.

I mean seriously, no invites at all.

Of course, I still keep getting the calls from people I barely know if they want me to let them come to my house and have a nice, tedious chat.

"Hey, can I come to your house and repeatedly talk? And talk and talk and maybe occasionally dance?"
Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,829 Member
    Another simmer was recently discussing the lack of party invites.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/999600/what-happened-to-get-together-parties/p1
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 435 Member
    Those invites should be toggle on/off, seeing how polarizing they are among players. Personally, I hated them. They were immersion-breakingly out-of-character for the caller and the person being called. I want to be able to turn off ALL phone calls and texts. STOP INTERRUPTING ME.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2022
    It was nerfed because people complained of too many invites....
    Yep, can't remember the last time I was invited to one....
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    I get them quite often with all of my sims though I am not sure what exactly triggers them. I play vanilla. With the people who want to visit, I always invite them in but then I just do my thing and don't play nice host every time. My guess is that those sims you barely know are also the one calling you to invite you to these parties, so if you don't allow them to come over and get to know you, they will not call to invite you to go to parties.
  • CiralindeCiralinde Posts: 81 Member
    > @crocobaura said:
    > I get them quite often with all of my sims though I am not sure what exactly triggers them. I play vanilla. With the people who want to visit, I always invite them in but then I just do my thing and don't play nice host every time. My guess is that those sims you barely know are also the one calling you to invite you to these parties, so if you don't allow them to come over and get to know you, they will not call to invite you to go to parties.

I do get invited to go to places as well! But then there's no dj present. Is this a new thing or is this a different kind of party invite? I thought it was a bug. Please bring back the djs and bartenders :(
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    Come to think of it, where are those invites. I had at least eight Teens in my game spread across four households. Would have been great fun for them to go dancing at the Bluffs or Van Haute Mansion. I used to always send them there, too. With few exceptions, of course.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Those are gone, so are birthday invites from NPCs and I haven’t seen invites to go out to eat lately either. Which I think stinks, because now like everything else I have to force a situation to make it happen because spontaneity is a dirty word in this game.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,845 Member
    I had one last month so they aren't gone but they are probably like just a few notches above alien abduction in the realm of possibility for most of us.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,632 Member
    I miss those parties, too.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Those are gone, so are birthday invites from NPCs and I haven’t seen invites to go out to eat lately either. Which I think stinks, because now like everything else I have to force a situation to make it happen because spontaneity is a dirty word in this game.

I never got invites to birthday parties but I play with aging off so maybe that affects this kind of invites. But I do get invites to visit other sims, bars and restaurants and those rave parties quite regularly.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    If my sim goes into hermit mode and stays at home alone to grind out skills and aspirations then after several days they'll get party invites. When I put a vampire into their coffin to hibernate long term they get a party invite about once an in-game week.
    The cake is a lie
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,632 Member
    JustMeAlb wrote: »
    If my sim goes into hermit mode and stays at home alone to grind out skills and aspirations then after several days they'll get party invites. When I put a vampire into their coffin to hibernate long term they get a party invite about once an in-game week.

This is a thought. Maybe they’re triggered by low social interactions?
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Yeah, if the parties were once a week, that would be cool. Not really immersion breaking, have them on a cycle for locations.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I got them fairly recently. I do use a mod that block the job offer phone calls, so maybe that has created some space for the party calls? I honestly have no idea though.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,845 Member
    I don't get them anymore in my main save, but I've noticed when I've started new saves that the Windenburg party invites do come. I guess they are a feature of new saves only now?
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    My Sim in a new save was just invited to a party at the bluffs - so they must still be around to some extent.
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Yeah I theorize that calls are basically limited to certian times and with certian frequencies and it might also depend on how late your Sims stays up. I sometimes still get a call for those parties but they're pretty rare.

And the dj booth doesn't work so why even bother going when I can't even dance?!
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I don't get them anymore in my main save, but I've noticed when I've started new saves that the Windenburg party invites do come. I guess they are a feature of new saves only now?

You think if I start a new save, I'll start getting invites?
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I had one invite in my old save some time ago. There was no DJ, so it didn't quite work. I've also had one invite in my new save, but just one so can't say it would be boosted in a new save or anything.
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I only get the Bluffs invites but they never work, it's just my sim and the sim that invited me out. Never a party anymore... it's been this way for me for IRL years now and i play vanilla. I miss the ones at the mansion especially.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Over the course of last year, I've gotten maybe two or three party invites? As my sims have been too busy to attend, I have no idea whether they work in my game or not.
    I do get calls to come hang out in the Bluffs, usually at winter or from vampires who shouldn't be outside during daytime, so I ignore those.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I get them in my old save every now and then. I haven't really paid attention to when I get them, though, and I haven't gone to them lately, but I get all of them, chalet gardens, bluffs and ancient ruins. The last time I went was probably a couple of months ago. I think it was chalet gardens and it worked fine.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I get them quite frequently, but I tend to say no to them - haven't actually gone to one in forever. Might have to try one just to see if they work in my game or not. I know they were bugged for quite a while.