Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 High School Year's Negative thread

Comments

• TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    edited June 2022
    Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but in the blog post it said creators helped to make seven new lots in the world. Seven!? An expansion world? I know there could be empty lots and such but I'm really worried the world will be tiny now. I hope they give us lot numbers soon, just so we know either way.

While worlds are awfully small, this means seven lots are already built-up. There will be some empty lots too (I guess 3-5). That puts the world at (underwhelming) 10-12 lots if there are no EA-built lots.

[edited - missed a word]
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    It does seem very "American", nothing wrong with that but for certain worlds like Sulani or Windenburg this could clash. Cheerleading for example.
    Really hoping the ferris wheel isn't a rabbit hole but there didn't appear to be a sim on it.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Upset that the amusement park /carnival items are all rabbit holes
    losing hope we get non rabbit hole ones ever now *sighs*
    I didn't want carnival just to go eat stuff and vanish into nothingness
    The carnival is a rabbit hole what is even the point in adding it

Any proof of that?

The windows on the ferris wheel booths are frosted over, not see through.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I'm planning to get the pack as of now. I am a little disappointed that nothing was done to make the teens look like teens. Surely something could be done to make them look younger even if height remains the same

I'm disappointed that after school activities center around sports and cheerleading. Only a small percentage of students participate in those activities. Why no band or drama clubs? Something for artsy students? Oh well, at least we got science fair.

• Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    I’ll reserve most of my negative comments till I get confirmation of my possible disappointments.

But I didn’t like that they didn’t mention a high school lot just that we could customize the existing one. It wouldn’t make sense for some of my Sims to go to this particular school. That would be a big downside.

This one is a little bit nitpic but I wish that the cheerleading object came in invisible, like the aisle from the wedding pack.

I also feel like this was perfect opportunity to add sleepovers. But I didn’t see that mentioned.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I would generally agree, but in this case the American style is ok because it's so well known worldwide through Hollywood films and series. You wouldn't want the German school system in the Sims.
    My entire exposure to the german school system was Druck but you know what, it was fine.
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    A school without school busses! So I guess the carnival rides are fake too!
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    My main concern is how the “high school” school aspect will be handled. Is there a rabbit hole option? How long is a school day? How many classes would a student take? What happens if you have multiple teen sims? Would they be taking the same classes? Etc.

It could just be like Get To Work and there is a checklist, which I wouldn’t mind, but I hope there is a rabbit hole option or online clases so I don’t have to leave with the teen sims every day.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Okay, so we're getting Football and Cheer, but where's Band? Chess and Computer club are fine, but where's Art club? Where's Anime Club? where's DnD Club? Yes, the deplorable lack of clubs mentioned is my current sticking point. Clubs are the only thing that got me through HS with my sanity intact.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    I would generally agree, but in this case the American style is ok because it's so well known worldwide through Hollywood films and series. You wouldn't want the German school system in the Sims.
    My entire exposure to the german school system was Druck but you know what, it was fine.

No Druck in the Sims, please 😊
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I really dislike the clothes.

They tried to emulate gen Z/ Tiktok style, but it's like it was done via a quick google search and a surface level understanding. Their check list was 1) thrifting 2) bold patterns.
    It looks horrible. Fairly certain it was done by the same team who did Eco Lifestyle clothes, cool idea in theory, awful execution by a team who's really out of touch.
  • elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    My main concern is how the “high school” school aspect will be handled. Is there a rabbit hole option? How long is a school day? How many classes would a student take? What happens if you have multiple teen sims? Would they be taking the same classes? Etc.

It could just be like Get To Work and there is a checklist, which I wouldn’t mind, but I hope there is a rabbit hole option or online clases so I don’t have to leave with the teen sims every day.

This is exactly what I was wondering too. I'm hoping it won't be like Discover University in that way, because if that's the case it will be really difficult for rotational players to keep up with. While it can be a lot of fun to actively take your Sims through uni, you're essentially locked in with them until they graduate.

I'm doubtful it will function the same exact way as DU, but I'm hoping that, like you said, there will be some options to choose from!
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 133 Member
    edited June 2022
    I hate baby hairs and they're in every single hairstyle now. ENOUGH!
    As you said first, height is a base game problem, they could have fixed but not today my friends!
    I have zero interest in go to schools with my teens, just think about it, every single morning just playing with only one sim, naaaay. It's a cool aspect, not for me anyway. Also.. that rug for cheerleading? Please let an invisible one be, it breaks the inmersion.

Acne seems like a face paint, not a proper system, that's really dissapointing.
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Okay, so we're getting Football and Cheer, but where's Band? Chess and Computer club are fine, but where's Art club? Where's Anime Club? where's DnD Club? Yes, the deplorable lack of clubs mentioned is my current sticking point. Clubs are the only thing that got me through HS with my sanity intact.

Gosh, right? The only reason why I wasn’t a total library hermit was because of some clubs that kept me from hiding in the back of the liberate on the radiator because they were more middle
    library kinds of things. Especially clubs that aren’t the jock (football) and preppy girl (cheer) tropes.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,185 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    I really dislike the clothes.

They tried to emulate gen Z/ Tiktok style, but it's like it was done via a quick google search and a surface level understanding. Their check list was 1) thrifting 2) bold patterns.
    It looks horrible. Fairly certain it was done by the same team who did Eco Lifestyle clothes, cool idea in theory, awful execution by a team who's really out of touch.

The clothes remind me of euphoria.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

Any proof of that?
    Looks all to be besides the photo booth
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I still wish that the teens looked more like underage teens & not like young adults. Oh well. :'(
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Scrapdash wrote: »
    It does seem very "American", nothing wrong with that but for certain worlds like Sulani or Windenburg this could clash. Cheerleading for example.
    Really hoping the ferris wheel isn't a rabbit hole but there didn't appear to be a sim on it.
    I didn't even think of that, teens from Mt. Komorebi attending a very American high school would be super jarring and immersion-breaking, at least for me.
  • CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    edited June 2022
    The teens still look like adults. I suppose that's accurate to what the imported TV shows have taught me over the last 30 years..EDIT.. wait, it's longer than that, I am old. 40 years. As a result, I do not believe America actually has teenagers. They go from 12 to 20 overnight and you can't persuade me differently. /s

Otherwise, I'm waiting for more info before judging (already posted in a different thread about that, but the upshot is it depends on what the build items are like as the school system is an irrelevance to me).

Would be quite a disappointment if the amusement park is a rabbit hole affair I can't build anywhere I like. Really want the spooky ooky fairground vibes.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    From a first short look from trailer is too much us-american for me. Promoting us football with changing soccer into a real groupgame is a big minus point and the biggest malus, no bands. A teenage addon needs music bands founded in a Garage.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    I didn't even think of that, teens from Mt. Komorebi attending a very American high school would be super jarring and immersion-breaking, at least for me.

I really can't see my Occult teens all going there either, though some might. Where's the night classes for vamps? Is there a panic room for angry werewolf teens? Is my Spellcaster going to accidentally blow up science lab? OFC not.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I also feel like this was perfect opportunity to add sleepovers. But I didn’t see that mentioned.
    Oh no sleepovers would have been so fun :( We probably won't get them now unless they recycle pillow fighting?

I'm most excited about cross-legged sitting and sneaking out of the window. Otherwise I'm sad to say the trailer left me underwhelmed. The amusement park looks like rabbit holes. Proms and American high school dramas are okay, but not something I really want to play. I wonder how the school days will technically work. Teens look too old... I'll wait and see how the pack turns out, but I'm not too interested.
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member

Yeah thats my only complaint so far.. The ferris wheel looks like a rabbit hole to me :(
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    Omri147 wrote: »

I really can't see my Occult teens all going there either, though some might. Where's the night classes for vamps? Is there a panic room for angry werewolf teens? Is my Spellcaster going to accidentally blow up science lab? OFC not.

Yes, I agree. This is a very vanilla high school experience. It doesn't look like they included a school at home option either, so your teen wolf could stay home on the full moon or when fury rises to an uncontrollable point.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    They really have a talent for combining features I want (cheerleading in this case) with things I refuse to let near my game without a mod to take care of them (in this case curfew and detention). Curfew was a Parenthood feature and in fully the hands of the parents, now it looks like it's getting reintroduced as a default state. Curfew and hall pass are two concepts that are abit "too american" for my taste. I get why they're are in effect (and for added realism they should have allowed our cop sims to patrol the school grounds, but I suppose that doesn't fit the feel good atmosphere of the game), but they do not reflect my own childhood at all.

The gameplay also seems very teen centric, I had hoped we could actively play our teacher sims, too.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top