March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Do You Play Vampires?

Comments

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Starfree wrote: »
    @SilentKitty out of curiosity, what mod do you use to have vampire attacks? I've been looking on and off for one. Thanks 🙂

If you google Lotharihoe, sims 4 mods and vampire invasion it should show up.

I took a look myself but didn’t see any update for it. Hope that it is fixed because I depend on it.

I’m on a phone out in a sailboat in the middle of nowhere, otherwise I could do more detective work myself :smile:
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    Almost never. I played them when the pack first game out, but as a general rule I bore quickly of occults. My sims often date Lilith Vatore, though...they share my interest for pale goth chicks. :D
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member
    Thanks @SilentKitty I'll check it out. I agree with others who have said they need to un-nerf vampires so they're back to how they were when first released (or at least maybe 80% back) which is why I've been looking for a mod. And updating them to be more in line with how werewolves are would be good too. Anyway, thanks again and enjoy your day out/vacation!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Most of my Vamps falls-in-love with my Aliens or Spellcasters. And now, some are becoming Werewolves instead. While others are becoming Hybrids. ;)
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I think the things that can make them boring compared to other sims, at least for me, is that they have more active hours per day and they are always the same while my other families are always aging and moving through the generations.

I use the hibernate option on the coffins for the first problem. Sometimes I have to do it twice because they'll get up on their own the first time, but it's supposed to keep them in the coffin until you wake them up. I keep my vampires with sun weakness in their coffins all day long, and the others in theirs during the parts of the day when other household members are at school/work so part of the day goes on superspeed.

For the other, there are a few options. One is to change things up with a story element now and then. I just had one vampire sim use the vampire cure to "slay" the head vampire of Straud Manor and turn her mortal again. I had her do the same thing to Vlad a while back and feed him to his cowplant. Now I have a new household with the former vampire turned spellcaster now in an attempt to learn the spell to resurrect her dead lover, and their teenage vampire daughter adjusting to life without other vampires. And the Straud Manor household will now have new blood and new stories.

In my multi-generational vampire family, I'm about to move the heir out into her own house and leave her parents behind, rather than have all generations live together like I do in most of my multi-gen households. It's getting too crowded since no one dies. The parents will no longer be part of my regular rotation, but I might pop into their household as part of a story or to pursue a goal (they are the couple who are trying to woohoo in every available spot so I'll have to have them catch up with my newer packs at some point). This way they don't get stale the way rotating to the same house made up of exactly the same sims in exactly the same life stage every time could be.

As far as making them feel more like vampires, that does require work on the part of the player to decide how and when to use their powers and how to have them feed. Good vampires are harder to keep interesting than mean, mischievous or evil ones because so many of the available powers are about messing with other sims. I usually have the good ones focus on romance, often with non-vampires, and raising a family.
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 995 Member
    At first I did all the aspirations with the pre-made vampires but now I have one vampire family that I play. But they're not a couple, just pals with different lovers. They buy plasma (and drinking from a lover is reserved for a special treat), and each work one job plus a freelance one and both had kids. My lady vamp had twins, both vamps, but one of them became human and moved out. My male vamp had a child with Candy Behr, human but with vamp skin tone. When Candy passed and she was only a teen he invited her to move in with them. She may end up falling for my vamp teen son.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    One idea that I liked playing was a vampire doctor, feeding on their patients and coworkers.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    One idea that I liked playing was a vampire doctor, feeding on their patients and coworkers.
    Haha that is truly evil! I might give that a go :D
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 271 Member
    edited June 2022
    At the moment, I have four Vampire "families".

The first one is located in Forgotten Hollow. It's a gang of vampires that doesn't shy away from feeding in front of witnesses. They have no jobs, instead they'll have to earn money by finding things, stealing things or just collect berries. Luckily, their lot is cheap. Their very prescence is a blight on the neighborhood, and a constant headache for Vlad, who wants a little more class from his brethren. They spend their days either asleep or hanging out a local bar. When night comes, it's time to wreak havoc.

The second one is an Eternal being. He walks through life watching the ages unfold, and is literally only there to see humanity, along with the occults and the extraterrestials develop. He cares very little about how it ends, just interested in the path. (he's essentially my starter Sim, sent into the world before I modify it)

The third one is a group of "healers". They have no jobs, and spend all their time home. Their payment comes from donors. For a tidy sum, they'll provide housing for anyone and anything, be it an elder, a chaotic kid or just an annoyance someone wanted to get rid of. In a nice cell, I mean room, the Sim in question will spend some relaxing days/years, free from all obligations, except when their hosts becomes hungry. These nice Vampires detest the outside world with all its people and that cursed burning orb in the sky, and prefer each other's company. They don't care about other Vampires, and if asked to house one, they'll give him or her the sunbathing treatment quickly, to save room for souls in need.

My fourth family is just one vampiress, the member of my main family. Living in Sulani, she's a scientist looking for knowledge more than anything. She's also an avid risktaker, and sun or not, she will join the others on their daily swimming in the ocean or whatever it is one does outside. As a result, she has to retreat to the coffin more than once during the day, but even with a few very close calls, she doesn't allow this to stop her. She usually times it so her energy is at an all time low before the sun goes down so she can go to sleep at the same time as her living friends. She's hesitant to bite people and feel extreme guilt afterwards. Luckily, most of the time her friends will offer if she just asks nicely enough. After a while, she'll live exclusively on plasma packs. And she will never manage to develop sun-resisting powers.

EDIT: And my vampire seem to have bugged out. Recovers energy at night while being awake, then suddenly the energy bar takes a dive to nearly draining itself completely, but still recovering. Just another little surprise?

EDIT 2: Bug was as temporary as it was unwelcome.
    Post edited by NightwalkerArkanis on

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Right now I m playing with the werewolf game pack. Vampires are the main antagonists.
    Just recently the rebelious vampires led by my sim Trisha staged an attack in Moonwood Mills and abducted the leader of the Moonwood Collective Patricia Vogt. The Moonwood Collective formed an alliance with the Wildfangs and together they attacked the rebelious vampires to save Patricia. But this was exactly the vampires's plan. The vampires ambushed the werewolves. A fight ensued and two of the Wildfangs werewolves perished (i have the vampires can kill mod), Lou and Bianca. Patricia managed to escape. Now Rory tries to rebuild the Wildfangs by recruiting new members while Patricia is studying vampire lore with the intent to find a cure for vampirism and end the vampires once and for all.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I have one entire Save that was dedicated to one Vampire family & it has just grown with the addition of Spellcasters, & now Werewolves so it's a full on Rotational Save at this point.

But for me, I created my own vampire lore, & started writing Simlit. So vampires felt more fun with more to do as I had a storyline in mind. Not sure if I'm explaining that well, but similar to what @GlacierSnow said. But as far as activities go....my vampires do the same things that my other Sims do. They paint, write novels, etc. They go to work...my vampire founder is in criminal career. But my vampires that are more evil...wreck havoc on other Sims...I have two vampire families that are enemies so there's constant fights with them in their quests for more power. I just use my imagination, have a story in mind, & let the game drive as well
  • AuroraDelightAuroraDelight Posts: 18 Member
    I was thinking about buying Vampires but after reading this thread, I know it's not for me. I really don't care about vampires. I mainly want the pack for the damaged walls content. Does anyone know if there's any cc I can get of wall damage that isn't based on Vampires?

If I ever got the pack, it would be for the build and CAS content only, I'd find a mod to turn off vampires in gameplay. But right now I'd rather get Realm of Magic and find another way of getting wall damage items. Would REALLY appreciate help on this.
  • AuroraDelightAuroraDelight Posts: 18 Member
    I mainly want the pack for the damaged walls content. Does anyone know if there's any cc I can get of wall damage that isn't based on Vampires?

Update: I found this which works with Jungle Adventure... I'm now thinking about getting Jungle Adventure instead of Realm of Magic, and maybe finding a good witch mod instead.
    https://www.brazenlotus.com/object/wall-crack-&-ruin-addon
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    I tend to make them a goal and special interest of my knowledge seeking Sims. They pursue a career and a life, but eventually find themselves drawn to the study of the creatures of the night. From that temptation, they turn, they rise through the ranks, and either have an attack of conscience (for whatever reason suits - death, or love, or the passage of time) and become a good vampire, perhaps seeking a cure - or seek to usurp Vlad's position.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I have 2 vampires in my legacy family and I just give each of them a new aspiration to work on in each gen. And sometimes they take 2 gens for an aspiration b/c most of my focus is on the heir. But I imagine them to have zodiac signs and just give them hobbies and aspirations that match up with their sim traits and zodiac personalities.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I play them like super sims because I don't really know any other way to play with them. They are not suited for my kind of family play since they don't age or die and I don't want my population being over run with them.
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Lets see. In my randomized rotation of all households I've played as Vlad, who turned Katrina Caliente and her husband, un-turned Lilith and Caleb, also brought in some other premade household's and Yuki Behr into being vampires. Lilith also turned another premade who found someone he liked and moved in with her. Humorously enough, Oasis Springs has two vampire families within it. One being the Lilith-turned premade one and one being the Calientes. Both of whom, I haven't touched in ages though, thanks to the whims of the randomness.

I do admit to struggling a little with Vampire gameplay, since they stay up all the time. I'll keep the hibernation thing in mind for next time I play a household with them.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • CiralindeCiralinde Posts: 81 Member
    I draw inspiration from the Vampire the Bloodlines: Masquerade series a lot - so I like the idea of various clans with their own traits and rivalries. Some adhere very strongly to the masquerade and blend in with the normal crowd.

I like the idea that Lilith and Caleb are Toreador-esque, and I always recruit Marcus Flex into their fold as the first one. I don't know why :P I just see Marcus as a vampire ever since it first happened.

I also like the idea that powerful sims may be powerful vampires (such as the Feng family), who's got their own supply of ghouls and a vampire restaurant, which was once a lounge, for Vampire shennanigans to ensue out in the open. (You really shouldn't visit if you're a walking bloodbag, haha).

I give Vlad one teenage son, who's drunk on power and cannot control his cravings - nothing like his stoic, misanthropic old man. This until Vlad reprimands the young man for bringing shame to the Straud family name.
    Vlad seeks a family he feeds of from every few nights (it's usually the Pancakes every save haha), or the one that has the Divine Flavour - they get commanded around to ensure he has his opportunity to strike without too much hassle (no witnesses alright!). He then hibernates during the day, and composes his intricate music during the night, while his son continues to misbehave (no feeding of off the butler though! That's prohibited).

Due to starting over a lot in the past, my saves haven't gotten the chance to fully flesh themselves out - as it's a continuous work in progress to establish connections, clubs and experience emergent gameplay. But I'm committed to one save now, so it's starting to come together.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    I cannot think of the deep sea without shuddering at the nameless things that
    may at this very moment be crawling
    and floundering on its slimy bed...

ZrNhz0M.png
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited July 2022
    I get walk in the sun perk or whatever it's called, haven't played with them in a while. But I like it so my Sim doesn't burn to death. I've had a couple of my vamps due from sun exposure when having a group outing while playing a different household.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    I like playing Vampires, very versatile playstyle. With that said, I have this one vampire who I've played near exclusively for the last 4 years or so who I absolutely love, mostly due to how her design turned out and how much time I've played her.

Before they weirded out the mist teleport option several years ago, I loved the mist teleport feature. By weirded out, I mean they somehow caused this bug where if sim was holding something [going to the trash], they would do the "no path exists" animation and drop what was held. In my own experiments, this seems to be with the newer trashbins starting from City life onward, but noticed it in the eco pack. Trashbins like the initial "make trash disappear" bin seem fine.

Anyway, I would use cheats to effectively not worry about ever having to bother with sim needs, but keep in mind that this one vampire started on being a master vampire when she was in her teens. What I can recall is that she started out either confident/hotheaded or self assured/mean initially and was a terror on the rest of her family...

But I digress, I tend to play vampires as near 24/7 skilling sims... On my oldest version of this vampire, she's got at least 15 skills maxed out if not more, a masters in Villainy and another degree, and she's practically outlived most of the town she's in at 500 or so days old.

Look up Thyme on the gallery, I think you might find her there...
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I mainly want the pack for the damaged walls content. Does anyone know if there's any cc I can get of wall damage that isn't based on Vampires?

Update: I found this which works with Jungle Adventure... I'm now thinking about getting Jungle Adventure instead of Realm of Magic, and maybe finding a good witch mod instead.
    https://www.brazenlotus.com/object/wall-crack-&-ruin-addon

Get Realm of Magic! Spellcasters are my favorite occult. :)
  • JinxIndigoJinxIndigo Posts: 45 Member
    I do play vampires according to Vampire The Masquerade clans; build their powers and flaws according to that.
    So I play different type of vampires. A ruler type of vampire (Ventrue) with compel and refined taste, an artistic seducer type of vampire with obsession (Toreador), an ugly monstrous vampire who can hide behind shadows (Nosferatu), a rebel fighter type (Brujah), a vampire with erratic trait (Malkavian), with Animal enthusiast trait vampire who can transform into bat (Gangrel)

For spellcaster vampire (Tremere), I need zer0's mod though.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    I try to give each player vampire a personality. Some of them are young rebellious and just trying to get a bite no matter what it does to their reputation, while others are subtle and gentle around humans and try to get permission to drink(Good Vampire aspiration) and then I have my Nightfisher clan who specialize in catching fish and making plasma packs for nourishment and sale.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    @Kerrigan I didn't know we could make plasma packs, how is that done?