The Sims The Sims 4 The Sims FreePlay The Sims Mobile News Gallery The Sims 4 Cheats The Sims 4 FAQ The Sims 4 Tips & Tricks The Sims Newsletter EA Play Merch The Sims 4 The Sims FreePlay The Sims Mobile News Gallery The Sims 4 Cheats The Sims 4 FAQ The Sims 4 Tips & Tricks The Sims Newsletter EA Play Merch EA App for Windows Origin for Mac Playstation Xbox Steam EA App for Windows Origin for Mac Playstation Xbox Steam

Overwolf Launches New Custom Content Hub for The Sims 4

Beginner’s Guide to the CurseForge Repository for New User-Generated Content

Sul sul, Simmers! I’m Hollie, former streamer (HollieBB), lifetime Simmer and current Feature Producer for UGX for The Sims™4!

I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am to be talking to you today about the launch of The Sims 4 page on Overwolf’s platform CurseForge that will shine a spotlight on the incredible talent that our community has to offer.

We continue to be amazed by the dedicated Simmers who channel their love of The Sims 4 into creating countless new items and enhanced experiences for everyone to enjoy. That’s why we selected Overwolf, a company who understands the ins-and-outs of creating a curated, and easy-to-use, all-in-one platform for your modding and custom content needs, to dive head first into The Sims 4 community content.

I, like many Simmers, have spent dozens of hours viewing, testing, and playing with custom content and mods over the lifetime of The Sims 4. Player creations ranging from fun, stunning, to downright wacky have all graced the inside of my mods folder. If you can think of it, it probably exists as Sims 4 creator content!

I will remind any mod users that choosing to access mods outside of CurseForge may pose more risks. Always back up your data and proceed with caution as you venture into the world of mods!

If you are just at the beginning of your journey into user-generated content, adding mods and custom content can feel pretty overwhelming. Trust me, I’ve been there! My goal is that (hopefully!) by the end of this post you’ll be armed with all of the know-how, wisdom, and drive to step into the fantastic world of player content. Look at you go!

Creator: SimRealist Mod: R|E (Real Estate Mod)

Let’s get rolling with a crash course on relevant modding lingo to get you started!

• UGX (User Generated Experiences): Also referred to as User-Generated Content (UGC); This is any content created outside the game by fans of the game. Also known as player created content, custom content, mods, or creator made content.
  • Mods: A general term for player made content which modifies the game
  • Game Mods: Want to add some new gameplay, features, or changes to how the game functions? Game Mods, also sometimes called Script Mods when adding new script code, build on top of The Sims 4 offering up new experiences. Some examples include: Custom traits and aspirations, changes in the game UI, new objects that add new functions, and so on!
  • Custom Content: Many times abbreviated to “CC”, custom content covers everything else that creators make, including hairs, accessories, build/buy objects and furniture… the list could go on forever!

Maxis Match & Alpha CC: You may hear CC further being broken down into these two categories which are indicators of the custom content style. Maxis Match is custom content that is created with the same or very similar visual style to official The Sims 4 content. Alpha CC on the other hand is referring to any content which has a hyper-realistic or very detailed style. There’s no wrong way to add custom content to your game, but keep in mind that Alpha CC, due to its detailed nature, requires more computer processing power and may cause performance issues.

We have an up-to-date resource for mods and custom content, you can find that link here:
https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/mods-and-the-sims-4-game-updates/

For troubleshooting or specific questions, you will be able to find help on the official Sims 4 forums: https://forums.thesims.com

The Sims 4 x Overwolf

Have you ever tried to search for mods and CCs for The Sims 4?  You probably have experienced the immense amount of content spread across multiple platforms. As a beginner, finding mods and CC for your game can be frustrating, not knowing where to go, what to download, or what is safe. This alone can be enough to prevent a Simmer from diving into the world of mods.

Overwolf will provide players with a safe, moderated, custom content hub to download and share player creations with the community. Overwolf’s CurseForge platform provides a supplementary experience, meaning it is not the exclusive place to find The Sims 4 mods and custom content, so rest easy knowing that we are not throwing a wrench into the current ecosystem, just adding an additional experience to enhance what’s already there. Overwolf has a ton of experience managing and moderating player content, so we are super excited to team up with them to put a spotlight on our fantastic creators.

In fact, you can now access hundreds of high quality custom content and mods on the CurseForge website, which launches today, November 14, 2022! As of today, creators will be able to upload their custom content and mods as long as they abide by Overwolf’s terms and  moderation guidelines.

As a dedicated Simmer myself, I can tell you what I am most anticipating with using the CurseForge platform: The CurseForge Mod Manager. This tool will be a huge asset to mod and custom content users, allowing players to view mods in thumbnails, easily find content with search filters and categories, automatically detect and remove broken or duplicate mods, and manage mod updates! This much desired feature from Overwolf will be released in an open beta state soon (within the next few months), so be sure to keep an eye on Overwolf and CurseForge news!

CC Festival

One last  exciting thing to mention. Our friends at Overwolf wanted us to share that, starting today (November 14, 2022), they are launching a massive hackathon style contest for creators this holiday season called the “CC Festival!” Go to https://link.overwolf.com/thesims4fest for details on how to enter for a chance to win some pretty great prizes for creating and voting.

We look forward to this first step on our journey as we embrace the vast world of The Sims UGX. 

For more information on Overwolf’s hosting of The Sims 4 content, check out The Sims’ Lyndsay Pearson chat with Sims Creators, HeyHarrie and Baby Hapum here.

Related News

How The Sims and its partners are expanding diversity and representation in…

The Sims 4
25-Mar-2024
Maxis teams up with Dark & Lovely and Danielle “Ebonix” Udogaranya to help more players see themselves in games

Update 3/6/2024

The Sims 4
06-Mar-2024
Critical Updates for Top Community Issues

The Sims IRL Jewelry Collection Features Plumbobs

The Sims 4
28-Feb-2024
Shop the Plumbob Jewelry Collection from The Sims 4 Crystal Creations Stuff Pack